Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 11-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #61  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

goal, I think midwife's suggestions for the holiday are great. Also, 2 yrs. ago we had a similar problem. My SD was on the basketball team and they were scheduled for practice on Christmas day. We ended up having to drive her round trip 4 hrs. that day and wait for her to finish practice. Their coach had also threatened them with losing their spot on the team. We also thought it was totally ridiculous. Only about half the kids showed up to practice that day and everyone kept their spot on the team.

Goal, I've had a few surgeries since losing weight. Each time I was totally scared I would gain weight and each time I actually lost weight.

Allison, I agree, I'd have your dog checked at the vet.

Michele, I bet that was fun taking your dog to school. I'm sure the kids loved it.

Today is Day 5 of my WW Flex Plan. I'm still staying POP and it's going very well for me. The girls told me last night that my face is already thinner again! Noticing that my jeans are already a little looser in the waist! I don't know why, but getting back on plan (or a new plan) automatically makes me feel about 10 lbs. thinner.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:45 AM   #62  

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone, It's cold and raining today, and today is first day of Ds and DGS's football tournament. Which means I'm going to be outside in the rain for at least 5 hours today. And all day tomorrow, with more of the same. Not looking forward to in on one hand and excited on the other! Not sure how we're going to manage to eat, probably what ever they sell there, so I doubt I will be OP.

I lost almost all of my weight without exercising. At the time I was having a very hard time with my back and could hardly walk. Yes, I feel so much better when I exercise, but you can still lose weight and not exercise. So don't worry if you're out of commision for awhile. Just concentrate on eating well and healing.

I can't believe the things some people say!! If someone mentioned my breast I think I would tell them that they are just fatty tissue anyway, and i feel much better now that they are smaller. Because i do.

I think I would talk to the other parents on the team and see how they feel about practicing on Christmas. If you can get enough backing, talk to the coach and the principal. That is very unreasonable.

Our older dog had arthiritis too, and had aches and pains. Probably like I do. I can't remember if we gave him a tylenol or an aspirin a day. One is toxic, so ask the vet. It made such a difference for him, and for us, because we adored him.

Lilly, when I decide to really buckel down and eat right I always feel so much better about myself too, and thinner!

Make it a good day, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:42 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Jessica If you think there's something wrong with your dog, chances are there's something wrong with your dog. Without knowing breed, size, age, weight, I can't really comment on what might be wrong. You and your vet know the dog best. I'd get him checked out.

My cat had some health problems about a year ago and turned out his thyroid was mysteriously suddenly extremely overactive. He would have died within a month if we hadn't taken him in.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #64  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Freda, I always loved going to my son's football games. Hope you enjoy going and hope you're bundled up and stay as warm as possible. It's cold and dreary here (temp in the 40's).

I made the Veggie Stew today from my WW book that has zero points . It is really good and something I plan to keep on hand. I maybe had a little bit too much oregano, spicy but good.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:49 AM   #65  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Gang - I can hardly keep up with this thread!

Did pretty well on plan yesterday. Today we went to Starbucks for breakfast for a change. I looked at all the yummy pastries, and then had the perfect oatmeal with brown sugar. Can't believe I paid $2.50 for a bowl of oatmeal, but it was pretty good. Usually we have bagels on Sunday, so this was a refreshing change.

Hoping to get in a run today if it doesn't rain. Will be the last outdoor run for at least a week, as temps are going to be in the low 30s with precipitation.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #66  
Meg

Lori, I always struggle with the pastries in the Starucks case, to the point that sometimes I have to shield my eyes while I'm standing there in line. (seriously, I put my hand up to block the view ) I've never given in but the temptation is always there and I find myself fantasizing about how good or would taste. So it's absolutely awesome that Starbucks has a healthy breakfast choice! There have been times I've been stuck in airports with very limited food choices, so this is a welcome addition. Now if other fast food places would only get on the wagon?

I should add that in a dire emergency, an Egg McMuffin isn't a bad choice. It's about 300 calories, I think, and loaded with protein.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #67  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Meg - funny, but I actually am not as tempted by Starbucks' pastries as other coffee shops. The reason is they are not always fresh. Nothing worse than planning in a treat, buying it and having it be stale. I am glad that they have better choices for brekkie, though. Panera Bread needs to start doing this.
Although they have an egg/cheese sandwich now that isn't so bad, plus a fruit cup.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:14 PM   #68  
Meg

Thank you for telling me the pastries are often stale! Now I can tell myself that when I'm tempted.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:39 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I found that about Starbucks too. DH and I would take a 6-8 K walk on Sunday afternoon and then treat ourselves in a coffee shop. Whenever we went to Starbucks I was invariably disappointed by my pastry choice. Most of the time it was stale. Made it easier to give that particular type of treat up!

So I stayed OP all weekend at the pet sit (following the disasters of Wed.- Fri.) and DH just ran wild at home. His stomach hurts tonite. No wonder !

I haven't been near a scale since last Monday however, so I'm not sure what the news is going to be tomorrow morning. One way to find out.

Have a good evening all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote