Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-22-2008, 08:25 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh that Pat, bragging! We got another 4 or 5 inches last night!

Just kidding. It's lovely, really.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3''

Hello all! Yes it is cold here too! This morning I had to send my poor children out to the bus in a blizzard! I wanted to out this morning, but now I don't want to drag the little ones out in this weather.

Yesterday we had such a great day! My SIL, her kids and my 2 oldest went to the skating rink to play during their day off of school. We had so much fun. It is so nice to be able to play like that! At my highest weight I would have been way to humiliated to do something like that! It is so sad how long I let myself be held back. It really was getting to the point where being fat was why I couldn't do anything. Now I am excited to see what new things I can do!

I am getting o-so-close to goal. But it is very slow. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do. Last month I only lost 3 lbs! That is a little to slow for me! I did notice that a few of my portions have krept up. For example I have a bowl that is 2 cups. That is what I put my cereal in. Well the 2 cups is at the rim, I have been filling it to the top. Which is .5 cup more. Plus I have been putting more creamer in my coffee. I know these things are adding to my calorie count. I am going to get these back in check. Is there anything else I can do?

Here is basically what I do. I eat 1400 cals a day. About 50% carb, 25% fat 25% pro. I get between 25 - 40g of fiber. I run 25 miles a week. This is what I do consistantly. I also try to do some weight training. Thanks for listening to all this. I think I am starting to get impatient. I know almost nothing will change when I get to goal, but I still can't wait to say I have lost 100 lbs. Jelly

Last edited by jellybelly06; 01-22-2008 at 09:03 AM.
jellybelly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:04 AM   #18  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Lily - sounds like a good idea to stay off those roads! Speaking of wrecks on interstates, I used to live in Long Beach, CA, and in the morning there is a lot of fog there because it is right by the beach. It's also right by the Port of Los Angeles/Port of Long Beach, so it's a big shipping destination and lots of trucks go back and forth on the big freeway down there, the 710. One morning we woke up and checked the news to find that there was a 200-car pileup on the 710!!! I guess some people crashed, and the fog was so thick that other cars couldn't see them until they crashed into them, etc etc. Pretty crazy. Luckily we didn't need to use it that day.

We got some more snow last night too. Last time it snowed we noticed some animal tracks all over our front yard. I think it was a rabbit because the tracks looked more like something hopping than something walking or running. Also it looked like two big feet and two little feet per print. DH is worried that they were digging up and eating the bulbs he planted in the fall! I just think it's awesome that there are rabbits in our neighborhood. Every time it snows now I look outside to see if there are more tracks! Can you tell I had a city upbringing? Wildlife at my parents' house is squirrels, birds, and the occasional rat or opossum.

Pat - pretty funny about the weather inversion. My boss just got back from a ski vacation in Montana, and he said when they left the ski resort for the airport it was -30! Here in Indy it's 32 right now, and my boss is leaving at noon for a business trip to Miami, where it's 76! So he's going through over 100 degree change in two days.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Jelly, don't give up. Those last few pounds are the hardest. I just made goal a month ago and those last ten pounds seemed to take an eternity, but it will happen keep up the good work.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #20  
Chuggin' along...

Hi all,

I had MLK day off yesterday, which functioned as my weekend (read: time to get chores done) since I out of town all weekend. We went to BF's BIL's 40th surprise birthday party. It was fun, though exhausting, and I felt good about my 'food behavior'. My only "off" plan foods were a few drinks and small portions of the Indian food dinner, no cake, and stayed OP in terms of calorie range. Since I got 5 days of great exercise last week I was a bit frustrated when for my weigh-in this morning the scale said...150. Still. I have been so good since I got home from my Christmas vacation Dec. 31, weighing in at 152. I know I just need to be patient, but add me to the list of frustrated maintainers. These extra pounds are sticking like glue!

I went to the gym at 10:00 AM yesterday, thinking not many people would be there, and it was very busy. I finally remembered who all these extra people are - besides the resolutioners we've got a bunch of snowbirds here this time of year. Don't they know that is my elliptical? (lol)

I made a big batch of chili Sunday night, and I'm going to take it hot to rehearsal in my (new Christmas present) insulated thermos. It's perfect cold weather food! Week 2 of leaving the house at 7:15, returning at 9:30-10:00 begins, and I am once again a bag lady with all of my food & clothes packed.

Meg, you still amaze me that you go to the gym so early each day, with all the business going on in your life. I would have so much trouble going to the gym so early, in the freezing cold, if I lived in the north again. Kudos!

Bill, welcome!

Jessica, there was a 70-car pile-up on the interstate in Florida a few weeks ago, also due to fog. BF had been on that road 2 days earlier. It's scary out there!

jellybelly06, keep chugging along, you'll get there! Those last few lbs. are sooo stubborn. As you said, I would make sure you're measuring your portions out exactly. Perhaps you could change your workout intensity, or the type of exercise you're doing, to challenge your body in case it's gotten too "used to" the running you do. Throw some sprints, or some cycling, or swimming, or elliptical, etc. etc. in there.

Lily, oooh, new haircut! The cold makes me want to cook too. I try to channel that into healthy items - I made chili Sunday and protein pancakes yesterday. I can't stop at 1 bite when I make apple pie.

Glory, glad to hear your suits fit so well, and that you had a great trip. I'm sure that those few #s will come off quickly.

Allison, sorry to hear about your missing trees. Maybe you have some pranksters in your neighborhood?

Bargoo, congrats on 1 month!

Anne, hang in there.

LisaMarie, so glad to hear you had a great ultrasound. I wish I had an aversion to pizza too. It gets me every time (well not every time, but way too often!). At least it has calcium?

baffled, happy belated birthday!

I hope everyone's weeks are going well.

Last edited by Megan1982; 01-22-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:26 AM   #21  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

We sure got the ice last night. The trees and fence do look lovely. I was shocked that school wasn't cancelled. Walking my dogs this morning was very treacherous , as they like to pull me. I'm glad I made it back without falling. I took my cell phone, just in case, LOL.

jelly, the weight will come off. It is hard to get those last few lbs. off, but it does happen. I think it took me 6 months to lose 60 lbs and another 6 months to lose the last 30. Right now, I'm trying to take off a 6 lb. gain and so far it looks like all I'm losing is 2-3 lbs. a month.

Jessica, Wow a 200 car pile-up. Last night there was a 40 car pile-up here and I thought this was bad! My son didn't even make it home from work last night. He stayed in a hotel in the nearby city where he works cause of the road conditions. He did call home and I told him that was a great idea!

Megan, my gym is really crowded right now too, especially around 5PM. I try to go at 3PM before the rush hits.

DH heads back to work this morning. I hope he has a safe trip, he's heading into the really bad weather area. He works night shift this hitch and I bet he'll freeze his butt off at the Oil Rig. He loves warm weather and has very little tolerance to the cold. The good news is his new payraise was on todays check and it was quite handsome. The bad news is now I get to sit down and pay all the bills!

bargoo, congrat's on a month of maintenance.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:37 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Jelly~based on what you said you're doing, I'd suggest measuring your food and cutting out unnecessary fats until you lose those last few pounds. You might also consider a lower calorie cereal so you can eat a bit more and not feel hungry (for example, Fiber One has 60 calories per serving compared to others that are well over 200). Skip the cream in your coffee and use skim milk. I know it isn't as good--oh, you know what I found the other day? Fat Free Half & Half. Lord knows how they make it, but it might help you. I'm going to use it in some clam chowder for dinner tonight.

It's cold here, too, and we're expecting rain. It was only 41 degrees when I went out for my morning run. Brrr. I know it's not as cold as most of you, but to me it is frigid! I can't imagine how I used to cope having a 6:45 AM class in Utah when the temperatures were often less than 10 degrees in the winter. I don't even want to think about it!!!

I've filed a claim with my homeowners insurance for the stolen tree. I have two estimates of $2000-2500 for the tree, so hopefully I'll get a little cash out of it. The girl I talked to on the phone sounded a bit incredulous when I told her someone stole my tree. I wonder what the claims adjuster will say? I suppose they'll want a written estimate, but that will be easy to get. I also have pictures of what the thieves did (and no, this was no neighborhood prank--this had to have been done by someone who knew what they were doing and knew the value of the trees).

Eating is on plan, but I'm up half a pound from my low this weekend. It should be off by tomorrow. No problem!!!

Everyone have a great day!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #23  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

The other night, I had a pregnancy dream. I was house sitting for a neighbor I used to sit for when I lived in NY. Her older daughter was pregnant with a second baby. A woman kept calling and asking, "Is she going to sell her baby?" Weird. I haven't thought of that family in years during the day, but I sometimes dream about their house at night.

Sunday night after the dance class, we had our friends/instructors over for a spagehetti and salad dinner. I felt I need to serve them something for dessert so I popped the frozen fudge cake in the microwave to dethaw. I ended up eating a small piece so I'm back to day 2 of the no sugar diet.
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:00 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Everyone seems to be either pregnant or having pregnancy dreams lately!

I told everyone at school today about my pregnancy (I only had to tell a couple of people and the word spread immediately). One teacher's first response was "Oh, and you lost all that weight. You'll gain every bit of it back now." I said, "Well, I hope I won't gain ALL 110 pounds of it back." She said, "Well, I gained 58 and never lost it." Her child is in his twenties. I love how encouraging she was. It's like she's hoping I gain the weight back. I hate that everyone will watch to see if I do gain a lot... But whatever.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #25  
Meg

Geez, Lisa, talk about good wishes, support, and encouragement -- NOT!! She's totally trying to make herself feel better at your expense. But hey, you'll show them how it's done.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #26  
Working My Way Back Down

No pregnancy dreams here, but we do have a new addition to the family. I went to the animal shelter on Sat to look at a kitten (they send emails based on your desires). I came home and told DH about her, and he said he didn't need to see her first, as long as I like her. The cat we have now is missing the cat who died las spring, and DH is okay with getting a new one now too. So I went at lunch and saw her again, looked at a couple others, but ended up adopting the one I saw on Sat. We'll get her tomorrow. The shelter takes them to the vet to be neutered (shows you how often people have not followed through on getting it done; no one gets trusted to get it done themselves now), and I can pick her up from there. She's 7 months old, and her name is Simone. Here's her shelter photo:

WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:30 PM   #27  
Meg

Oh Pat, how sweet! Is she Siamese?
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:08 PM   #28  
Working My Way Back Down

Mostly. Totally siamese markings, and blue eyes, but her coat is fluffier than any siamese we've ever had (and - counting here - we've had 4). The cat I have now, while not "papered" acts and looks totally siamese, right down the voice. Hopefully they'll make friends quickly.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:11 PM   #29  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI MAINTAINERS

Just barely "hanging" with you...can't seem to get the weight back down to 170-1....have been staying between 173-5.....could be that...

Fri ~ tried new restaraunt for date night...got scallops and shrimp ...but had a cream sauce
Sat ~ went for mexican after church service....split my meal with Angie but had too many chips
Sun ~ went to ex-wife's and her SO's house for dinner ate a ton of veggies ate too many ribs
Sat ~did a Starbucks 3.75 mile walk with Angie and the mutts ..Sun ~ watched football drank beer

ALLISON ~I have a friend that used to grow Sego palms for hobby and extra cash....one night abouyt 10 years ago, while he was gone for the week-end, someone came and stole over 5o trees! Sorry about yours!

JESSICA ~Angie grew up in San Pedro...her dad was on the fireboats in the harbor...she had/has many family members that worked the docks.

LISAMARIE ~You have my permission to just slap her

PAT ~Way to save a life!

Gotta go gals ~ Great job all of you!! ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:18 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterRat View Post
So I went at lunch and saw her again, looked at a couple others, but ended up adopting the one I saw on Sat. We'll get her tomorrow. Here's her shelter photo:

Love love love love! She looks like my Diego Diego is my first Siamese kitty (he is a mix) and I am now firmly biased in favor! They are so loud and funny and playful and love their people! Diego is the funniest, best cat I've ever had. Enjoy your new Simone!!!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote