Old 11-12-2006, 12:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

Default Lasagna--Help me!

Does anyone have an idea how I can "revamp" lasagna..I absolutely live for it. LOL.
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:01 AM   #2  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

Lasagne is actually a pretty easy one....

I make mine layered, alternating between a cottage cheese filling and a tomato sauce, and then with a bit of part-skim mozza on top. you can make it with whole wheat pasta, and use a tomato sauce instead of the typical meat sauce, and use low fat cottage cheese... If you didn't already, a great addition in the cottage cheese part is chopped up spinach, and use a tomato sauce with lots of veggies in it (there is one in a jar with lots of veggies).

I have a tasty lasagne recipe i can post when i get on later (sunday afternoon)
isthatreallyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:00 AM   #3  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

If you want to keep the meat filling this is what I do ...

1) Dry fry (don't use any oil) 1lb lean minced beef with one chopped onion and 3 garlic cloves until the beef has browned and the onion has softened ... add some sliced mushrooms if you like and fry for a few more minutes until soft.

2) Add some mixed Italian herbs and fresh ground black pepper

3) Add some red wine (optional!) and cook down ... then add a tablespoon of tomato puree.

4) Add a can of chopped tomatoes, bring to the boil, then simmer whilst you prepare the cheese sauce.

Cheese Sauce ...

1) Mix a tablespoon of cornflour with a little skimmed milk taken from about 3/4 of a pint ... then add the rest of the milk ... cook in microwave, stirring every few minutes until thickened ... then add 1oz of grated low fat cheese.

Layer as usual starting with the meat sauce/then lasanga sheets/then cheese sauce ... then repeat, and sprinkle some grated low fat cheese on top, then bake for about 30-40 mins.
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:51 AM   #4  
Holly on LAWL

S/C/G: 148/143/124

Height: 5'4"

I love the Michalinas Light 5 Cheese Lasagne to get my "fix". I count as frozen dinner(1P;1S) and I don't have to cook! The less I am in the kitchen, the less I am tempted to eat something off plan!
holly321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #5  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Instead of using noodles use zuccinni and yellow squash. I normal would not eat these vegtables but made like this it is great. Go ahead and put your other favorites into it too ie...onion, mushrooms, variety of cheeses
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Does anyone use textured vegetable protein instead of ground meat?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:48 PM   #7  
Holly on LAWL

S/C/G: 148/143/124

Height: 5'4"

Since I am vegetarian I use TVP a lot. I like the stuff that is already prepared like Boca Burger Crumbles. It is a great meat substitute and the Boca brand does not have any fat. One of the stores I shop only carries the Morningstar Grillers Crumbles and that kind does have a bit of fat and a few more calories than the Boca variety but they both have far fewer calories than the leanest ground beef.
holly321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Thank you, ladies
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #9  
Lolene

S/C/G: 188.5/176/148

Height: 5' 5"

Here is a recipe that was posted on the LA At Home Website.

Lolene

Classic Lasagna

Ingredients:

16 pieces (about 16 oz.) Lasagna, uncooked
1 lb. lean ground beef
3 cups (about 28-oz. jar) low sodium tomato sauce
4 cups (2 lb.) part skim ricotta cheese
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded pat skim mozzarella cheese, divided
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Preparation:

In large skillet, brown meat; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer 10 minutes.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Lay flat on foil to cool.
Heat oven to 350°F.
In large bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
Spread about 1/3 cup meat sauce on bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Arrange 4 pasta pieces lengthwise over sauce, overlapping edges. Spread one-third cheese mixture over pasta; spread with about 3/4 cup meat sauce.
Repeat layers TWICE, beginning and ending with pasta. Top with remaining meat sauce; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and additional Parmesan cheese, if desired. Cover with foil.
Bake 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil; bake about 10 minutes longer, or until lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

Makes: 14 servings

Serving size: 1/14 recipe

LA Exchange: ½ Protein, 1 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1 Dairy

Please remember to use this recipe in moderation while in your weight loss program for continued success.

Enjoy!
Lolene is offline   Reply With Quote