Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 03:53 PM   #361  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default thanks

Thanks for the link! That helps a lot. So many acronyms to learn!

I read something a while ago that try as I might I cannot find again online but it really rang true for me. It had to do with using the words "hunger" or "hungry." And what I read that rang true was pretty extreme, more extreme than what I read from the posts about distinguishing hunger from thinking about food -- it was really a physiological definition of hunger that made me think that most of us have probably never really been "hungry" even though we say we are. So I stopped using that word. The idea was that even though it's been a while since you've eaten and so you feel like it's time to eat again, and maybe your stomach is making noises, that's not hunger. That's conditioning. Hunger is a long ways away. It's not as long away as starving, but still, it's a long ways away. I find it helpful to keep that in mind. I may not have really been "hungry," at since I was 14 or so (another story!)

Oh and what is the difference between "post reply" and "post quick reply?"
More later....
jo
Old 12-03-2006, 05:44 PM   #362  

Obi, could you post the link for the first IE thread for Jo? Then maybe you can tell me how to do that!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 06:41 PM   #363  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Default Stuff Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinymouse View Post

Oh and what is the difference between "post reply" and "post quick reply?"
More later....
jo

Post quick reply-just a message, no fancy text or smileys

post reply you seem to get more options in formatting and adding smiley faces

Here is the link for the First IE Post.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90266

And the first chapter for the overfed Head
scroll to the bottom of the page
http://www.thintuition.com/thintuiti...?section_id=10
Old 12-03-2006, 07:56 PM   #364  
breakfast rebel

Thanks - I have read the first chapter. Yep, it all rings true (but I probably still won't use the words "hungry" or "hunger" for myself.) but yes, it makes complete sense. You listen to what you need.
And that is very different for everyone.
That's why those prescribed diets don't work so well for everyone; because everyone is different, and if we just listened to what our bodies need it would be fine, and it would be unique, not like that list of requirements that many diets prescribe for us, as if we are all the same! I know that I need very very little. I am the Honda Civic Hybrid of human metabolism; which is kind of cool, and I just need to act accordingly. Why keep filling up with gas you don't need, right?
Peace,
jo
Old 12-03-2006, 11:27 PM   #365  
Intuituve Eater

I think on the weekend my stomach is a little free....I had wheatena for breakfast, pizza for lunch and a big bowl of vegetables for dinner and water all through out the day. A lot different from the salads and fruit Ihave been eating during the week. Maybe it was break time? Friday is my weigh in so will see how it goes.

Foot pain is just about gone. I know the doctor was completely wrong so won't be going back to him.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #366  
Intuituve Eater

Default A bit Controversial

So I was readling a little of the old thread and some review of the IE book on amazon, and no both there was a question of do you actually lose weight doing this or are you just making peace with food? Thoughts?
Old 12-04-2006, 10:37 AM   #367  

Obi, I think that you have read The Overfed Head by Rob Stevens. He lost 140lb in a year and a half. My DIL has a SIL who has lost weight as she attends the classes Rob sponsors at a health club in Chicago. So I do think you can lose weight. Even Fiddler who posts here sometimes has gone from a size 24 to a 16. She recently posted that she had gone from an 18 which is below her name to a 16. Hurrah for her!!! I haven't lost weight yet but I take prednisone so I am being patient with myself. I do think this works and have tried to go back to dieting and just can't do it. Too many good foods are left out on diets even healthy foods like fruit.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:09 AM   #368  

I would like to put the IE thread at the bottom of my post when answering intoductions. I don't want it there all the time but just at that time. Can you tell me how to do that?
Old 12-04-2006, 11:28 AM   #369  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidianbbw View Post
So I was readling a little of the old thread and some review of the IE book on amazon, and no both there was a question of do you actually lose weight doing this or are you just making peace with food? Thoughts?

I will be the first to admit that I haven't read all the books. This way of eating is something I started doing on my own, and IE is the closest fit for what to call it.

I have lost a lot of weight. But I suspect that I let myself get a lot hungrier before I eat than some of you do. Jo posted a reply earlier about the difference between being conditioned to want food and true hunger. I believe it is a valid distinction and I try to eat only when I am truly hungry. I don't have a family that I have to plan to meals around, so I have it easier in that respect than some of you.

And even though I eat whatever I want, I have conditioned myself to want mostly healthy foods. Knowing how to cook a wide variety of foods is a huge help. I don't use any kind of "diet" substitute ingredients, but I do lean toward cooking ethnic cuisines that rely heavily on vegetables and complex carbs. I also take into consideration how the food is going to make me feel after I eat it. Therefore, I rarely want fast food or processed foods because they make me feel icky after I eat them, and it's just not worth it.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:34 AM   #370  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

I have been feeling a distinct lack of motivation for the past week.

I'm not sure if it's related to a new med I'm taking, or if I'm coming down with a cold, or if I'm just discouraged with how much weight I still need to lose to reach my goal (I'm guessing about 80 pounds).

In any case, I've now hit that no-man's-land between plus sizes and regular sizes so I can't find anything that fits, and that in itself is discouraging.

I'll stop whining now.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:50 AM   #371  
breakfast rebel

Does anyone have any idea why whenever I log on to 3 fat chicks my computer starts to sound like it's going to take off and my CPU usage goes up to 100%? It doesn't do this with other web sites.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:31 PM   #372  

There are quite a few pop ups here but don't know if that might be it as I'm not much good at computers.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #373  
Intuituve Eater

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
I have been feeling a distinct lack of motivation for the past week.

I'm not sure if it's related to a new med I'm taking, or if I'm coming down with a cold, or if I'm just discouraged with how much weight I still need to lose to reach my goal (I'm guessing about 80 pounds).

In any case, I've now hit that no-man's-land between plus sizes and regular sizes so I can't find anything that fits, and that in itself is discouraging.

I'll stop whining now.

First your not whining. If it is how you feel that is perfectly ok. I have to say your an inspiration to me so be proud of what you have accomplished so far and focus on that. Also it might help to think about getting to a size 14 rather than all the way to a size 8.
I haven't been a size 16 since I was in high school. So can't help you there.

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 12-04-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:40 PM   #374  
Intuituve Eater

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinymouse View Post
Does anyone have any idea why whenever I log on to 3 fat chicks my computer starts to sound like it's going to take off and my CPU usage goes up to 100%? It doesn't do this with other web sites.
I do computers for a living so.....w

Do you have Dial Up or some form of High speed internet (DSL, or cable modem). If you are trying to load this thread it may be that we have 25 pages that are loading everytime you view it. I actually think it is time for an IE #3.

Let me know which we have.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:44 PM   #375  

Obi, You can start a new thread. Just let me know where to go.
Closed Thread