Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 03:15 PM   #391  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreavm View Post
When do you all exercise? Last night I ran on the treadmill after I put my daughter down for the night and it worked out pretty well. I'm just worried I won't stick to it because I'm so tired at the end of the day.

I am actually switching from mornings (I go into work 3 days a week and I am more likely to clean when I first get up than after coming home at night, I know its wacky, but its seems to be what works) to night right now. I live alone so no kids or hubby to worry about. My one weakness is TV. Once its on I know I am not going to do anything, so as soon as I hit the door I put on my clothes and go to it. Then I watch or do whatever. I guess it is like a prize. No TV or computer till I work out.

Ok the other thing is there a few view on how IE works. from what I have observed on out thread....

1. you eat what you have a taste for and your body will naturally go towards healthier sthings

2. You purposely pick healthier things and decide when to eat something "not healthy"

So for me I purposely drink water with just about all of my meals. I make sure I make sure I am getting enough fruits and vegetables everyday, and I try and keep "bad stuff" to one or 2 meals during the weekend (if I am craving it). Most times my body doesn't really have any specific cravings so I pick healthy stuff. If I crave someting I eat it. I just eat it in moderation. Food seems to fall off the pedestal once it is easily accessible.

I think I posted a while ago that IE doesn't have that instant 10 lb weight loss other plans have. It is really up to you.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #392  

Hi everyone! It has been a while since I posted. I guess a lot has been going on.

Before I start rambling, welcome to the new people!

First of all, we went to visit my family for Thanksgiving. They live in another state and haven't seen me in several years, during which I am sure I have gained weight. I don't weigh. Well I was petrified about what my mother would say as she has been judgmental in the past, even vocal about my weigh. It is although it reflects on her!

Anyway, when we arrived, one of the first things she said was that I look great! I was so relieved. There wasn't a negative comment out of her. I don't know if my husband emailed in advance, or if she was just happy, or what.

Anyway, I found it to be so easy to not overeat while on vacation. I guess there isn't any of the loneliness or boredom so the eating urge was non-existant.

My mother tried to force us both to eat things (well, offering things over and over and OVER!) and we just kept saying "no thanks" and let her deal with it.

Also I have started working part-time temp. This is something I have anticipated, just through February or so. This is also keeping me busy and not lonely.

I had to buy clothes to go to work, and I ordered from one of the catalog places I really like. All the pants came too big, but to be honest, I don't care. I suppose I wanted to have a smaller size hanging in the closet but to return them and reorder was just too much trouble and they are so danged comfortable anyway.

I went to our local bookstore, which is "Half Price Books" to look for The Overfed Head. I didn't find it, but I did find Feeding the Hungry Heart by Geneen Roth, but I haven't started it yet. We don't have a regular book store in town so I will wait for my next trip to a real mall to get The Overfed Head.

I have noticed that my wedding rings are coming off easier. It was a real dilemma to have them sized upwards or not. I just felt for so long that something was changing, that I held off on sizing them, and now they seem to be fitting a little better. That's a good sign. And, I feel good, and the big pants seem to be a little bigger.

Something about the pants, I had to resist the urge to buy pants that I hope would fit later. They aren't that expensive, so I can either have them altered or just buy more. I really hate wasting money though, be it food thrown away, or ordering what I really, really want to eat even if it costs $2 more or $10 more.

Anyway, that is the latest from me, I'm still reading what everyone else is up to.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #393  

I had a NSV today as I realized the pull most foods have lost for me. I have had a bag of Cheetos in my pantry for a month or so and I'm not tempted. I also used to buy a Cadbury Almond bar nearly every week and it is no longer calling my name. I don't think I've bought one for a month. Hurrah!! When you allow all foods they just loose their power. For exercise I do Bodyflex every day and have been working on doing it 2X per day.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:53 PM   #394  

Wiffle, For awhile they were offering The Overfed Head for free on the Thintuition website.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:58 PM   #395  
Intuituve Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
I had a NSV today as I realized the pull most foods have lost for me. I have had a bag of Cheetos in my pantry for a month or so and I'm not tempted. I also used to buy a Cadbury Almond bar nearly every week and it is no longer calling my name. I don't think I've bought one for a month. Hurrah!! When you allow all foods they just loose their power. For exercise I do Bodyflex every day and have been working on doing it 2X per day.

Congratulations and thank you for giving me a reason to have fun with the smileys
Old 12-06-2006, 11:24 PM   #396  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Wiffle, For awhile they were offering The Overfed Head for free on the Thintuition website.
Thanks, Carolr. I never thought to look at the website. I have only heard of it in this thread. It doesn't seem to be free now.

I love Cadbury bars too, especially the fruit and nut.

Like you, as time goes on I have also gravitated away from the forbidden foods and more towards the good stuff. I haven't been reading labels either. I have been really pleased with my husband because he has tried some new foods too and has accepted things like berries, etc. as foods. This makes it easier for me since he is eating better now too. We even make food together now since I am working and we are sharing duties.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:10 AM   #397  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Derogatory Exclamation! I just composed a thoughtful post (I thought so) and lost it - again! - because even though I had logged in, this site told me I had to refresh and log in again! Why do I have to keep logging in so frequently? I have never seen a board do that before. Anyway, I will have to wait for the original inspiration to inspire me at another time since I lost my past post. But really, why do I have to keep logging in all the time??
Hooooh-Shigh.
jo
Old 12-07-2006, 09:09 AM   #398  
Intuituve Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinymouse View Post
Derogatory Exclamation! I just composed a thoughtful post (I thought so) and lost it - again! - because even though I had logged in, this site told me I had to refresh and log in again! Why do I have to keep logging in so frequently? I have never seen a board do that before. Anyway, I will have to wait for the original inspiration to inspire me at another time since I lost my past post. But really, why do I have to keep logging in all the time??
Hooooh-Shigh.
jo
I don't know why it happens, but having lost many a post I know copy them into notepad or somewhere else, or compose in notepad or Word and then paste it in. This save me some headaches if I I accidentally close the windows or something goes wacky while posting.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #399  

Jo, Hope you can get your post back, at least in your own mind so that you can share it with us. Sometimes I will just forget to push post and then have to start over. It is frustrating. Obi, Thanks for the smileys.......love those smileys. Wiffle. Hope you can find the book. Did you sign up for their free newsletter? I think it only comes about 4 times a year.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:08 PM   #400  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

My preferences are definitely for the more healthy foods. I imagine that is how it would be for others; problem is -- what have we had to pick from for so long? Why is the "default" setting white bread, white rice, mayonnaise on sandwiches, etc.? Sure I go out of my way to make my own food and select carefully, but if you go out, want to get something quick, there it all is - the junk. And what about for kids?! I never had any kids but I always notice that the childrens menu at restaurants is so junky; what do they have to pick from? Corn dogs or fried chicken strips with french fries! Not a green vegetable on the list. It's hard for people to even know what their preferences are when they are choosing from such a narrow range of minimally nutritious foods.
I just went out for sushi with my boss for lunch - the crab for the rolls was drenched in mayonnaise, of course it was white rice, the spicy sauce for spicy tuna rolls was mayo-based; I guess they think this is how Americans like it. Waah! I did select things with no mayo and nothing fried, and I didn't eat all of the rice but geez.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:34 AM   #401  

Jo, Whenever I'm out I always ask for no mayo. I have never liked it. When I was a kid I didn't like butter either but I got used to that. Too bad. ha! I was really finicky back then.... a real intuitive eater. I even liked whole wheat bread and that was 50 yr ago. Sure would like to get that back. We lived in a small town in NE so we didn't got out to eat much. My mom was a good cook so I didn't mind. That was just the way it was. Guess she must have done it right because I was always thin until I started to have kids. I notice at McDonalds that you can get apple slices for kids now. That's an improvement.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #402  

Should have said that I did have one chubby period around age 11 but I grew 4 in. in a year and that took care of that.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:49 AM   #403  

Obi, Are you going to start a new thread?
Old 12-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #404  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

I'll start one. It's here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...94#post1492394
Old 12-08-2006, 07:28 PM   #405  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

And I'll lock this one!
Closed Thread