on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Mary--sorry you are sickly today--hope it passes quickly

Aphil--best wishes
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:46 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Mary-it definitely does sound like fraternal...with the two separate sacs and everything. I know exactly what you mean about wanting a girl...I thought this one was a girl until I was 20 weeks-simply because my symptoms were completely different with my son and my daughter. It wasn't that I "wanted" a girl more...it is just because of the symptoms I became "accustomed" to the idea of one...and then had to totally rethink everything afterwards. It took me about a month to even buy anything "boy" because I had such strong feelings about everything.
I will keep you in my thoughts. Let me know the results when you find out. My ears are always open if you find out they ARE both boys. It is very normal, and very common to experience gender disappointment on some level. With that being said, though...you never know. You COULD have one of each...or two daughters. Only a few more weeks will tell.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:32 PM   #33  
STACY

S/C/G: 268/249/217

Height: 5'7"

hello everyone, my name is Stacy. Im new to this site and i love it. I started LAWL about 3 weeks ago. I have lost 8 pounds so far. I had a few questions. Does anyone take the supplements/do they really work? And how about exercise?
Alittle about myself, Im a single mom of two beautiful boys. Looking to lose weight and feel better about myself.
Stacy
sforck97@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:04 PM   #34  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, Aphil. At least I wouldn't have to buy more clothes (Eli has too many cute things for one kid) and the twins could share our currently unoccupied bigger bedroom. I hate feeling "let down" because babies are so miraculous. Like you said, I just psyched myself for one of each because I felt it would be easier for Eli if the twins weren't same sex...I felt that bond would be too hard for him to break into. Oh well. I guess I could be wrong!
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:17 AM   #35  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Dairy - I’ve never heard that before about being more fertile after having a miscarriage. That’s very interesting and I guess makes sense. After I read that I hand a “light bulb” moment and remembered that a friend of mine is currently pregnant with twins and prior to conceiving she had a miscarriage. Wow I learn so much on this site!

I can totally relate about the mother/daughter relationship. I too am hoping for a girl for the same reason, not that another baby boy wouldn’t be just as sweet but I really miss what my mother and I had. I just want to be able to have that again in a sense. It obviously could never replace it, but I just want to be able to pass on the mother/daughter things my mom taught me and to have the bond we had. I feel my son and I have a great bond, as my brother and my mother did, but it’s not quit the same as mother/daughter. Both relationships are so different and as much as we try and my mother tried, you just can’t relate to everything boys/men go through. And I so want to start buying girly things!

With this pregnancy I’m starting to lean more towards a boy, because I think this pregnancy is too similar to the last. I know that may not mean anything, but I’m trying to prepare myself. Of course my family and friends all believe it’s a girl. I haven’t started showing yet so I don’t know why they think that. It’s probably just because that’s what they’re all hoping for. Talk about being under pressure! Although my husband’s psychic grandmother did have a dream that I was having a girl. I guess I’ll know in about 6 weeks! I can’t wait!

Sorry to ramble on in the LAWL forum about pregnancy!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:17 PM   #36  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

About psychic relatives...

My husband's aunt (whom I love) did the wedding ring test they way her mom did it (which is apparently a little different than the way other's do it in the interpretation but I didn't get that part. She said I was having a girl, not twins and not a boy. Zang...wrong answer I think the only person that truly knows is the mom. I just think sometimes we get hung up on "what we want" or listening to other people.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 03:00 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 225/183/150

Height: 5'5''

I started off with the purple plan with bars for the first 20 weeks..(bought them in bulk) and lost 28 pounds in 3 months. Then I switched to red plan w/o bars, and the weight loss came to almost a screeching halt. I'd go up one, down two, up three......for about 2 months. I even got so depressed, I quit going to the LAWLC and just tried to stay OP by myself. Big Mistake!!!
I went back after a month, and not only did I get my weeks back, I also changed back to purple with the bars. In two weeks, I have now lost 7 pounds!!!

I don't really know if it has anything to do with the bars or not, but they really fill me up and take away a lot of cravings. So for right now, I am truly a believer!!!
debbie1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #38  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Debbie1388 - is that your puppy dog in your avatar??....I want one!! I have 2 adorable brindle boxers, but we always wanted a white one...
Congrats on your WL journey....looks like you're doing great.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:27 AM   #39  
FBD/8-18-08

It says in their broshure that the bars are not required to lose weight!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote