Old 08-08-2006, 09:03 PM   #16  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

The statement about the bars being the only way to lose is simply not true -- as everyone else has indicated.

I have been on the plan less than 7 months. I have lost 88 lbs to date. And I have never even taken a bite of the bars, smoothies, etc.

Granted, I have a lot to lose, so it came off very quickly so far. But they can't attribute my success to their bars -- because I've never used them.

Good luck!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #17  

Awww Ladies, thanks so very much!! I believe I will go ahead and tell them that I will prefer doing an all food plan. And thank you all for the warm welcome! Oh and Dairy Fairy, I count my 1/2 cup of oats as one starch. The people at LA Weightloss suggested that I try to get in my fat, and one starch earlier in the day. So that's what I'm doing. I mix the oats with my yogurt, walnuts (for fat), and my berries...all together. It's pretty good too!

Last edited by Jackiemarie; 08-08-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Jackiemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:17 PM   #18  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by green0923
The statement about the bars being the only way to lose is simply not true -- as everyone else has indicated.

I have been on the plan less than 7 months. I have lost 88 lbs to date. And I have never even taken a bite of the bars, smoothies, etc.

Granted, I have a lot to lose, so it came off very quickly so far. But they can't attribute my success to their bars -- because I've never used them.

Good luck!
WTG!!
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

Hi Jackiemarie, I'm another member who doesn't do the bars and the plan seems to be working just fine without them. :-)
CafeAmericain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:44 AM   #20  
Bring sexy back

Jackie, you may want to look on your oats box and see how many dry oats are needed to make 1/2 cup serving of cooked oats. I believe the serving size on LAWL is a 1/2 cup cooked, which is less than 1/2 cup uncooked. Of course, with another food plan you are going to have an extra starch or maybe more. Just an idea.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:46 AM   #21  
Bring sexy back

Lea Ann, I'm doing really well most days. Today isn't one of those days I'm kind of nauseated and not really happy that I am hosting playgroup today and will have to clean up after the toddler tornado that ensues. Maybe Erik will help tonight. I am loving the 6 dairy servings I am required to eat while baking twins. That is so nice after being on LAWL where all I got was a measly serving!

Mary
Old 08-09-2006, 09:54 AM   #22  
Katie

Height: 5'1

6?! Oh, baby, am I jealous. I could live on dairy.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:50 AM   #23  
Bring sexy back

Katie, I pretty much am. They had the "good milk" from the small dairy on sale for 99 cents/half gallon. I bought 6 yesterday and they expire on the 14. They won't be wasted The milk is half my protein for the day. Meat is frigging nasty this go around.

I had a dream my husband picked out two puppies for free from a guy who was moving and I thought one was a girl and one was a boy. DH said they were both boys. I was so disappointed and asked why would he pick two boys when we could have had one of each. I wonder if this is my body's way of telling me to get prepared for a house of boys. I was kind of hoping for one of each since it was twins and this will be my last go round. Inever have cared about the gender of my kids, but when you have twins you just think maybe one of them will be different and you will get to experience having both boys and girls. What do you think?
Old 08-09-2006, 11:18 AM   #24  
Katie

Ya know, my gut says stick with the DH. I am thinking boys too.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Dairy-have they said whether they are identical, or fraternal?
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:26 PM   #26  
Katie

Hey Aphil, how are you doing? I was reading on another thread that you are really close to labor. How exciting!
Old 08-09-2006, 03:53 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I am currently in "early labor" right now...which is the first stage of labor when you are dilated between 0-4cm. The contractions started Friday night...and when I went into the doctor's office Monday morning, I was 50% effaced/thinned, and dilated to 3cm. The contractions started at about 20 minutes apart...and currently they are about every 13-14 minutes or so.

They said that early labor in some women can be hours...days for others. It is a new experience for me, because my other two were both induced at the hospital-and when they do that, they don't want you "in there taking up a bed for days" so, if you don't progress every hour or two when they check you...they "turn up" the IV drip. So...this is a different ballgame.

The contractions aren't too bad...but I have back labor really bad, and it feels like a sledgehammer hit me in the lower back a few times. I do like being at home right now, though-and having the bag by the door-rather than the kids and DH having to sit in a sterile room "bored" all day.

I had a regularly scheduled appt. already for tomorrow am, and they are doing an ultrasound to check the baby's size. The purpose is to determine how large he is-because my babies usually have to be induced early for size-and they talked about a possible c. If he is early enough for the size to be okay (I am currently 36 1/2 weeks out of 40) then I can just "go on with it" but if they think he is too big then they might go ahead and admit me for a c-section after my visit-especially if I am further dilated than I was Monday morning. This is a pretty good possibility-because Monday at my 36 week measure, I am measuring at 41 weeks.

Hopefully I will have news to share really soon.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:39 PM   #28  
Katie

Wow, how exciting. Good luck for a speedy delivery!
Old 08-09-2006, 05:22 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Aphil - to you and your new baby to be! Here's to a healthy & speedy ... recovery (?) can I say that for Labor??
Keep us posted as you are able to!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:42 PM   #30  
Bring sexy back

Aphil, good luck. It's such an exciting time!

I think mine are fraternal. With the miscarriage I had, I read it was common for women to become "more fertile." Since I am already pretty fertile, I had a chance of hyperovulating. Combine that with a family history of fraternals and two sacs and what appear to be 2 distinct placentas that make it more likely to be fraternal. A blood test when they are born is the only way to really know, I hear. I hate when people are picky about the type of kids they have, and here I am a little down because I probably won't have a girl. It's not that I don't love my son and won't love boys, because I actually love the roughhousing and stuff associated with boys. I just miss being in a mother/daughter relationship since my mom passed away. If I am having 2 more boys, at least I don't have to buy a new wardrobe or tons of new toys. I already told my family if I was having two boys do not buy clothes. I buy DS clothes, then my MIL buys a set and my sisters give me some so I end up with so much stuff he could wear a different outfit every day for a month. If they want to get a gift, I pray they will think "gear." Better yet, give the gift of postpartum help