Old 03-14-2006, 08:19 AM   #16  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Debbie--your DH sounds terrific and very loving. Keep it up--stalls and all--I'm in one and had the momentary screw it thought--then I guzzled water and went to pull weeds!!

Last edited by Boo'sMom; 03-18-2006 at 06:31 PM.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:34 AM   #17  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

You girls have made me cry this morning!! I am so moved at all the stories and all the support everyone has gave each other.Just think, its with people we havent even met in person.If everyone in the world could be this kind and supportive just think the kind of world we would have!!

I started LAWL because I had gained weight after my 3rd baby and just couldnt get it off on my own like I used to. I kept seeing them commercials and thinking wow wish that was me.......then I woke up one day and a light went off in my head HEY maybe that could be me so I called. When in to talk to the ladies in the office and I made that desicion right then and there to lose the weight.

22 weeks later I am 62 pounds lighter and I couldnt feel better. I feel sexy for the first time in like forever! It was time I put ME first for a change.

I love 3fc! I dont kniow if it would have been as easy for me without you all but I would have made it work.I am glad I didnt have to though, you all have made this experiance enjoyable and I have a place in my heart for all of you!!

So, to anyone it hasnt worked for, I am truly sorry because I know it has worked for alot of people. Sometimes in a persons life no matter what a person does they are not going to lose weight if they dont have the right mind set. You have to really and truly want it. Losing weight is a tough battle and if you dont have that WANT it's not going to work!

Thank you to ALL of you .You all have encouraged me,praised me,gave me a swift kick in my butt, and just plain been there. Everyone on this board is truly a special person.
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:40 AM   #18  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelica1674
You girls have made me cry this morning!! I am so moved at all the stories and all the support everyone has gave each other.Just think, its with people we havent even met in person.If everyone in the world could be this kind and supportive just think the kind of world we would have!!

I started LAWL because I had gained weight after my 3rd baby and just couldnt get it off on my own like I used to. I kept seeing them commercials and thinking wow wish that was me.......then I woke up one day and a light went off in my head HEY maybe that could be me so I called. When in to talk to the ladies in the office and I made that desicion right then and there to lose the weight.

22 weeks later I am 62 pounds lighter and I couldnt feel better. I feel sexy for the first time in like forever! It was time I put ME first for a change.

I love 3fc! I dont kniow if it would have been as easy for me without you all but I would have made it work.I am glad I didnt have to though, you all have made this experiance enjoyable and I have a place in my heart for all of you!!

So, to anyone it hasnt worked for, I am truly sorry because I know it has worked for alot of people. Sometimes in a persons life no matter what a person does they are not going to lose weight if they dont have the right mind set. You have to really and truly want it. Losing weight is a tough battle and if you dont have that WANT it's not going to work!

Thank you to ALL of you .You all have encouraged me,praised me,gave me a swift kick in my butt, and just plain been there. Everyone on this board is truly a special person.

Ive said it before, but damn, girl! YOU SHOULD BE IN THE COMMERCIALS! So much weight in 22 weeks, Im sure you ARE a sexy thing! THAT IS AMAZING, you are a different person in such a short time, one of the best LAWL testimonials!!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:04 AM   #19  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetsmom
Ive said it before, but damn, girl! YOU SHOULD BE IN THE COMMERCIALS! So much weight in 22 weeks, Im sure you ARE a sexy thing! THAT IS AMAZING, you are a different person in such a short time, one of the best LAWL testimonials!!
Thank you!! you are such a wonderful woman. You're family are really lucky to have you.

I just know,for me,I feel like I was reborn. I just feel like somebody else.Someone Ive wanted to be for a long time!!To anyone who is considering LAWL and reading this,I am not saying by no means it has not been a struggle, because I have had my share of ups and downs,believe me!!But if you WANT something bad enough it can be yours.You just have to believe in yourself and trust in yourself to do wants got to be done.When you do that, SUCCESS is already yours!!

I need to clean the mascara up......they just dont make good waterproof mascara these days,lol.
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:18 AM   #20  
PurpleSunshine

Hello my chickies and I too have about cried seeing and reading all these posts. I feel like alot of you -

I started LAWL because I was tired of not feeling good about myself. I had lost most of my weight before I got pregnant in 2003. I was working out and felt healthier than ever. I stayed with my healthy habits even through my pregnancy - but still managed to gain 65/70 lbs. I was devastated, but in loved with the result of a beautiful baby daughter. I lost a good amount of that the first year. I got down to the 180/170's, but then I just couldn't get any further. So I joined WW again b/c it worked the times before. It worked for several weeks and then I had a life changing experience. My stress kept me from losing anymore and I felt like I knew the ww system so could that I could cheat it and still lose - well the only person I was cheating was myself. I stayed within the same 3 lbs from march 05 till november 05. Then I put on about 7 lbs during the holidays and I was just miserable. I finally decided that I wasn't going to wait until the beginning of the year, I wanted to change NOW!!! I wanted to be healthy for my daughter and show her what eating right is all about. I wanted her to be proud of walking beside her Mommy - not ashamed b/c I was bigger or not as pretty. My self-esteem was down and I just didn't feel good. I did do a consult, but due to some tight finances, I decided to try it on my own. I made a promise to myself though, if I didn't succeed on my own - I would join no matter what the cost to do something for myself.

So far, I've lost 14 lbs in ~10 weeks, but I have been working out with weights and cardio since Jan 3. My clothes are fitting so much better and I'm just happy to be back on the right track. I have about 15 more to go to get to where I'm satisfied - I may lose a little more - but I know that is a good weight for me and my build.

The chickies on here have been so much support and motivation for me since I do not go to the center. I feel like I have really accomplished a new and healthy way of eating instead of just calorie couting and substituting junk whereever I could. Thank all you ladies for supporting me and being my friends. It is a pleasure to be here to share successes, help with movtivating, and just being there to chat with everyday situations. Everyone here has come a long way - physically, mentally, emotionally and we can all get to our goal if we stick together!!!!!

Thanks Katie - This has been wonderful!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:45 AM   #21  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Wow, it has been so nice to get up this morning and read all of these posts. Yesterday after I read all of the slams on LAWL I felt a little defeated, wondering if I was a fool to be trusting them with my weight. Then I started thinking, "How can this be wrong when I have lost almost 50 lbs? And so many of my 3FC friends have lost that much and more?" I do think that there are some really rotten salespeople out there who prey on depressed, overweight women. However, I also believe in Karma, and they will get what is coming to them. As for my center, I would send anyone there. Thanks for all of your stories. You guys have brought tears to my eyes, and reaffimed once again why I am doing this.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:35 AM   #22  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

In my modest opinion:
I believe that one of the most important things in weight loss is the motivation. I allways think that a person that have a problem with a chemical dependency (alcohol, drugs) can stop doing that and don't do it anymore, he is not going to die for stop doing it, but a person that is on a diet or need to lose weight can't stop eating because you can die or get ill, so we are stronger of what we thought because we are learning to deal with our overweight problems in a healthy way. With support, learning nutritional habits, changing bad habits, learn to control ourselves without stop eating, That is what LAWL has done for me.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:59 AM   #23  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Well put Milca. I feel the same way. I have really learned to pinpoint what my trigger foods are, and why and when I eat. I am a stress eater. Correction: I used to be a stress eater. I learned to deal with that now.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:14 AM   #24  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Okay-my turn

I've been overweight since I was a child. I've tried everything-Jenny Craig (now that's expensive!), calorie-counting, tepid showers to increase metabolism, Weigh Down, pills, this weird thing you put in your ear, exercise, cabbage soup, etc.

I had pretty much given up. I haven't tried to lose weight for a couple of years-because every time I do-I end up gaining it back plus more. However, I felt so bad about myself. And when you feel bad about yourself-you can forget about finding your soul mate. Who wants to be with someone who doesn't love themself? Clothes are no fun-and by last June I was in the biggest size in the plus size store (Avenue). I'd couldn't fit into any of the pants at Lane Bryant. I flew to San Diego in the beginning of June and was miserable. I had to use the seat-belt extension. My worst nightmare is that I'd be forced to buy a 2nd seat. I've had people slam the armrest into my hip so hard that I got horrible bruises.

Anyway-my mom had joined LAWL in May and was loving it. She told me she'd pay for the 1st 50lbs if I wanted to join. I put her off, but after the trip I called her and said I'd take her up on it.

I hit the 50 lbs mark right on target in December. Took a little break for Christmas and to save up some money for another 50lbs. The last 9 lbs has gone by slowly, but I've had some "issues". But I've felt more motivated in the last week or so and I know I can do this. I'm training for the Portland marathon in October (walking) and it's already so much easier than the last time. Doing a marathon is always difficult, but doing one at 305lbs is extremely difficult. I can't wait to see what it feels like another 50lbs lighter!

These boards are a life-saver. You guys understand what I'm going through, know all the tricks, but also don't let anyone get away with justifying cheats either. Lord knows I'm my own worst enemy. I need you guys to keep it real.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:23 AM   #25  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Katie, great post! for everyone on this board.

I joined LAWL because I am weak weak weak! If I weren't so weak, I wouldn' weigh as much as I do. I need a program (notice I didn't say diet - this is a lifestyle change that I hope will stick with me for the rest of my life) with a major amount of accountability. Yeah, the huge amount of money I had to pay up front is part of the accountability, but so is the food diary, and seeing a counselor 3x a week. I think the saying is "Familiarity breeds contempt" and that has a lot to do with why I can hold myself accountable to the complete strangers at the center and not to myself or my family.

I joined LAWL because, out of the mouths of babes, my kids are embarassed by how big I am. I do not want them to be ashamed of me when I go to their classrooms, or pick them from school, or hockey practice.

I joined LAWL because I want to be a healthy role model for my kids. My 10 year old DS has the most body-concious image for a boy that age that I know. I am afraid it will affect him later on, as he tries not to see himself as big as I am. (He is SCRAWNY- at 68 pounds and all muscle, he thinks he is fat)

Do I trust everything put in front of me at the center? No. The counselors are salespeople - that's how they stay in business. I research a lot of the stuff they tell me. Did I get the sales pressure? You bet. Did I cave? Nope. I may have, if I hadn't found this board and discovered that there are lots of folks doing it without their supplements and bars. Did I feel preyed upon, targeted, or otherwise manipulated? Nope. I don't believe that those tactics are necessary, and if they had manipulated me, I wouldn't have stuck around. Are centers different everywhere? You bet. Some are good, and some not so good. It's too bad, but it's a fact of life.

Is LAWL easy? Nope, but as a wise person on this board once told me, if it were easy, we'd all be skinny. Does it work for me? YUP! Will it work for others? Maybe, maybe not. The program works, it's up to a person to decide that they are at the right place in their life to work with the program. It's a complete lifestyle change, not a quick weight loss solution.
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:31 PM   #26  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

I guess I will chime in too. My reasons are short and sweet.

I joined LAWL for 2 reasons, first and foremost to learn how to eat healthy, so I can be an example and teacher to my sons, and so that I can be around for them for a long while to come. While no one but the Lord knows when our time is up, I am not going to clog my arteries and be unkind to my body the way I used to. That is so unfair to my family. So unfair to them.

The 2nd reason I joined is because there is something I want to try out on my DH and I don't want to hurt him! Seriously...he should be a happy (happier) camper by summer!!!

About the program and the center, etc. I think a lot of the dissatisfaction people have with them is that the commercials will lead you to believe that it requires very little effort and personal responsibility for you to lose the weight. But just like any other program, if you don't work it it will not work for you. The program is balanced, healthy, and it works!

And to my chickies on this board, here's to us !
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:03 PM   #27  
Losing the Weight!

I joined LAWL because I too was tired of being overweight. I basically got sick and tired of being sick and tired. Another reason was I'm approaching an age for me which strikes terror in my heart. My father died at age 56 from a heart attack. He was overweight, he had high blood pressure. Two years ago when I was placed on BP medication I got a Wake Up Call!. If I didn't do something, and SOON, I could very well end up like my father, and thats something I do NOT want to do.

So, I quit smoking (Thank God for the Patch) and now, because I can only work on one thing at a time, I'm losing weight. I'm happy to say that since I started on LAWL my Blood Pressure medication has been cut in half! The ultimate goal is to lose the weight, and to get off the medication altogether.

I could have gone back to Weight Watchers and I did, three times. The problem is, as a life time member, I'm not accountable to anyone. I go in, pay my $9.50 a week, get weighed and off I go.

With LAWL it IS expensive, and I HAVE to be accountable three times a week to someone other than myself. With the cost of LAWL I feel I HAVE to stick with it. Otherwise, I can't justify spending that kind of money.

As for this board, I'm sooo glad I found it. I have received such a warm welcome in the short time I've been here. And REAL encouragement.

The people here are in the exact same boat I am. And that makes me feel that the encouragement they give me is genuine...

I would recommend this program to anyone who seriously wants to lose the weight. It works.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #28  
Princess Heather

I joined LAWL as a last resort before weight loss surgery. Like so many others I have done all the diets...and gained all the weight back, and more I might add. I knew that if I didn't lose the weight I would die being over weight. I went in to my center and after talking with my husband I joined the plan. It's not been easy to change my life but almost 30 pounds later it is worth all of it! I knew it was either LAWL or surgery, and there are far too many complications from surgery.

I couldn't make it without the support of those on this board, and without LAWL I wouldn't be 30 pounds less than I was just 13 weeks ago!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:13 PM   #29  

About 5 1/2 years ago I became a vegetarian. I lost about 50 pounds and was pretty happy with my weight. In the last 1 1/2 years I have had HUGE stress in my life, and have put on major pounds. I am unhappy with my weight, and am on the verge of major health problems. I do not want to live this way. I feel ready to make some big changes and get healthy. I very much appreciate my sis Katie (Repo Girl) for all the support she gives me, and her encouragement to get started.
yoga_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:23 PM   #30  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Yoga gurl--you are sooo lucky--you have a built in support system with Katie. I know you'll do great and you have a great motivator for a sis. Good Luck
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote