Old 02-16-2006, 09:24 PM   #91  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey there - reporting in again...

Today was rough - I just wanted to eat all day long! But, I have to say that I feel like I'm regaining a lot of the control I used to have - yesterday I salvaged dinner at Old Country Buffet by just having salad and baked salmon. Then, at the hockey game, while everyone was eating soft pretzels and popcorn, I had 1/2 a bag of peanuts, in the shell, which took me a while to eat. Then today, during a lunch meeting, I didn't touch any of the food they brought in - ate my chicken and veggie salad, while others had subs, pasta salad, chips and goodies. It about killed me, given how hungry I was, but I did it!

I know these things seem small and not that significant, but given that I've not been able to be in control for a while, it's a big deal to me.

Tonight in an attempt to mimic the sauce of General Tsao's chicken, I whipped up a pretty good sauce for chicken and veggies. Not quite the Generals, but P & I liked it. I had it over chicken with green and red peppers. I'll share it if you like. Rice would have completed it nicely, but it was ok without tonight.

Ledom - I don't want to jinx things, but things are going very well with Pete and I, and I must admit we have visited a couple jewelry stores latey.... He says we are just browsing, and he's getting an idea of what I like, "should the time come..."

Hope everyone is having a good week - TGIF tomorrow - hurray!
Cindy

Last edited by BfL_Cat; 02-16-2006 at 09:30 PM.
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:42 AM   #92  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Cindy! You can do it! I know you can because I have seen you do it before! It sounds to me like Pete has a surprise up his sleeve for you.

OK, I am distracted by the new smilies so let me it get it out of my system Have you seen these? Actually they may not be new, I just never noticed them before.

So cute!

OK, back to what I was going to say. I lost 2 lbs. this week. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but I did have it as a goal. I went for a super long walk yesterday, 8 miles I think. I know it was the boost I needed. I can't believe I am within 14 lbs. of onederland. It has been such a long time for me and, well, I am just very anxious to be there. All of a sudden I don't feel so obese, though by the charts I am. I am no longer morbidly obese. I just wonder sometimes how 213 would look if I hadn't been working out. I do have a good muscular base now which I couldn't claim the last time I was at this weight. I am having a very hard time reigning in my urge to buy clothes. I am a bargain shopper, thank god, and that helps. But it is just so much fun to try on clothes, and often. Not that I haven't needed a few new things, but really, I should spread it out. It's just that I am liking so many things now and it is such a thrill to venture into misses sizes. I am still straddling the misses/womens divide though. Last week I bought 2 Ralph Lauren skirts on sale, XL in the misses dept. One 75% off and one 50% off. The thing is, by next winter I expect them to be very much too large. So I have to really get a grip on the clothes shopping. Anyway, misses 16 pants are still too tight, but oh so within reach. I am sure you can tell by this post that I LOVE to shop for clothes.

LaDean, how is the weather out there now? I saw that it had finally stopped raining daily and that it had gotten cold. Our weather is bizarre, yesterday it got up to 78, this weekend we are expecting lows to 18 and freezing rain and sleet which is bad down here and causes all kinds of trouble like power outages and slick roads. Anyway, I have a little prayer in that we won't have school on Monday since President's day is not an official holiday for us and I would so love a 3 day weekend.

Last edited by ledom; 02-17-2006 at 08:48 AM.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 01:09 PM   #93  

Hi, cooollllddddddd that is it. the wind last 2 days has been so cold.. i just run beau out here and back in. hes sneezing so hes got the cold. ha ha he hates the wind. but could be worse. i will take this and no snow. ha ha i am doing ok with eating. going to store today and get my things in for planning again. that helped me last week so much... i loss good. i feel good and back to normal with exercise. glad all is going so good your way to.. keep it up CONGRATULATIONS ON 2 LB LOSS YEHHHHHH HAPPY FOR YOU. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:23 PM   #94  

Default Sat. afternoon

Hi! Itsa a me...I guess by now you all guessed I derailed...well, I am on track again.

Sorry about Ninja cat BFL

I am glad you are finally over your cold LaDean...I know mine hung on for weeks ... it seemed like the world's longest running cold...sort of like the Agatha Christie play.

And Ledom!!! What can I say but Size 16 and a well muscled and shapely 16 at that! You are an amazing lady!! I wished you lived in BC instead of Arkansas...I would visit you and be inspired by your example

Eh, I didn't take away much from the "What french woman eat" book, I actually got more out of "Fat Chicks Rule". I now have Dr. Don Colbert's "What You Don't Know May be Killing You" and a little book of his called "The Bible Cure for Weight Loss and Muscle Gain." on my table to read.

I got out of the habit of journalling and then pretty soon I let it all slip.

I have been watching a lot of hockey, my husband even watched the Swiss and Canada game this morning ... he will be glad when the Olympics and the Hockey season are over I think.

We have had the most sun since before Dec. these last few days...we went out for a walk yesterday, it was so nice...it was like "What is that round bright thing in the sky !"

OK...I am going to get with program once more
esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:37 AM   #95  
Chick

judi - so glad to have you back and with a nice long post at that. I MISS you when you don't come around. Who cares if you derailed, not me, that's not reason for you to deny us your company!

It's cold here too! After hitting 78 mid week we are at 18 tonight with sleet on the ground. Crazy weather patterns! Hope you are staying warm LaDean. Talked to my friend in Eugene tonight and he was talking about it. Looks like I'll be headed that way in mid July. So excited about that.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:09 PM   #96  

Ledom. oh so happy you are going to see your friend. you will love it and have fun.. its just 50 miles from me.. yes colllldddddd here. a breeze this afternoon so not to bad. wind 2 days oh myyyyyy . i think its cold most all places it sounds. spring on way though i can hardly wait. i am ready for rain again though. ha ha Oh today is BIRTHDAY FOR ME. had a good one. family here and grandbabies. make it always fun day. to start it off scales were down oh my i said Thank you God for a nice loss and birthday for me. i had a tiny piece of cake and small amt of pizza. so i was proud of me enjoying it and still having but sensibly. that is how i am taking my plan now. i wish all of you a great day and good losing week. LaDean
Old 02-19-2006, 07:54 PM   #97  
Chick

Happy Birthday LaDean!!! You were holding out on us!!!! Glad you had a good day and some treats to celebrate!

Yes, LaDean I am SO excited about the trip. I am ready to start looking at travel guides, etc. I really want to see the Pacific Ocean of course and we plan on kayaking in some mountain lakes. I think we will go to the Bend area. Do you live near there? I will leave here around mid-July. So how much weight can I realistically plan to lose in 4 1/2 months? 40 lbs. do you think? I'd love to lose 51 which would place me in a normal weight range but I think I might not have enough time for that. Oh well, if I don't lose any I will be so much better off than I was in mid summer. I'll just keep plugging away.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:41 PM   #98  

Hi i am 100 miles from Bend its over the mt from us... oh so fun you will have a ball. love bend. its so pretty over there and i love the coast. oh how exciting for you... oh you can lose it. just get with it. i want to lose 35 more lbs the dr. says... if i get on a roll may go down more. but we can lose what we can better then not losing at all. oh was not really holding out forgot to come in and say it was here. ha ha Its big 64 one. oh so thankful for all these years and my health. that is the reason for more wt off is to stay healthy... well have a good evening,. LaDean
Old 02-20-2006, 09:54 AM   #99  
Chick

Well girls I am home today. My school isn't canceled but I commute about 40 miles and we have had freezing drizzle here this a.m. My boss called and told me not to go - I feel guilty about not showing up because the students probably will....oh well. I hope they are safe.

So, how to use this bonus day. I think I might ought to do tomorrow's workout, today is officially rest day. The rest of the week is going to be hellacious though and I have a LONG day tomorrow. So that, and maybe some house cleaning? Goodness know my house needs the attention. Oh, and some class prep.

How is everyone else doing?

I just noticed that my weight loss from early last summer adds up to 40 lbs. exactly. I didn't get really serious about it until early August though. Since then I have lost about 35 lbs. and that is with the month of December in there when I backtracked some. So I averaged 5 lbs. a month for the last 7 months. I think I can do a little better than that as I have lost 7-8 lbs. each of the last 2 months. OK, I know I am obsessing here. And when it comes to weight loss you can't count your chickens before they hatch. On the other hand I don't think it's a bad thing to set goals. So I'll say 7 lbs. a month plus 5 lbs. for the 3 weeks that don't quite add up to a month and that would be 33 lbs. between now and July 15. I'll shoot for that.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:14 PM   #100  

Default Monday evening

Happy Birthday LaDean!!! I am glad you had a wonderful time

Ledom, what is an average day eating for you? Like can you give me an example of what you eat?? Maybe it will help me see what I am doing wrong.

Oregon is going to be so much fun for you. I love the Oregon coast, I think it is the most beautiful coast because it looks so much wilder...huge big rock formations on the beach at some points. I have taken a lot of pictures out there when we used to go RVing.

Those are cute smilies.

BFl_Cat I would love the general T. chicken recipe! I bought many bags of chicken breasts at Costco and now have to try to think of new ways to use them. Did you not have rice because you are low carbing???

Hi Alice

It is very cold here and they are predicting snow...I hope not, now that DH is going into the hospital for a hip replacement on March 7 I want to be able to drive in and visit him. I am trying not to get "anxious" about either the operation or the snow. I am just not letting my self go there It is the kind of thing that would make me eat even more.

The GS is going to daycare...he just started this week. My D says he is doing so well ...ran and played with the other kids immediately. She starts him out at an hour a day and builds up to about 4. I am glad he is fitting in so well. It will be good for her to have a little break too.

I have been squandering time by watching lots of the Olympics coverage. It will be good when it is over, I can go and wash the upstairs floors and do some ironing.
esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:10 AM   #101  
Chick

Judi - Good luck to you and your DH on March 7. I am sure it will go well but I know it isn't something you guys are looking forward to. I will be holdiing you in my thoughts. Hope the weather holds for you too.

OK, this is how I eat.

Breakfast is always the same:
1/2 cup steel cut oats, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 scoop protein powder, berries all mixed together.

Lunch and Dinner each consists of one of the meals listed below. I find I rotate between just a few meals which are all easy to make ahead and then heat up through out the week.
A bowl of chili (lean beef and vegegtables) and 5 whole wheat saltine crackers.

2 Chicken fingers breaded with almonds and ww flour and baked, 1 cup mashed potatoes (not much butter/skim milk), brocolli

Turkey meatballs, spaghetti squash, brocolli

Big salad w/ 4 oz smoked turkey

Egg white, cottage cheese, oatmeal, chocolate pancake w/ T of peanut butter and SF syrup

Mid afternoon I have a snack. Generally fruit and cottage cheese with a sprinkle of walnuts. Sometimes a handful of mixed nuts and an apple or a protein bar.

After supper I have 1 cup of sf suisse mocha coffee.

Exercise is equally important. I work out 1 to 1 1/2 hours 5 days a week.

It generally happens that I eat out at least once a week and I decide how to handle that case by case. Sometimes I make it a really healthy meal, sometimes a treat meal but I watch the portions. I recently went out and was unfamiliar with what the menu items were. Most of it turned out to be fried with a few healthy tidbits thrown in. I ate the healthy stuff and tasted everything else but ended up leaving 2/3 of the meal because I felt strong that day.

I have food journals laying around that I run across every now and then. I recently found the 2000 PMD diet record and I had taken measurements then. I was so pleasantly surprised to find that I had lost an average of 5 inches from my core body measurements. 1 1/2" from my calf. That was a very exciting discovery. I plan to record my measurements again soon.

No one knows Judi, like you and Alice who were posting with me way back then what a hard earned accomplishment that has been. How long it has taken me to get my head on straight about what I needed to do. It is now 2006. I mean six years have passed before the real desire to take the necessary steps clicked for me. But you know what, even though the taking things up the notch neccessary for real weight loss to occur was long in coming, I don't think any of my efforts were in vain. For most of that time I have been exercising and eating healthy food, albeit too much healthy food. And, actually I did lose about 40 lbs. in the 90's and I was able to keep that off rather than to continue gaining. Of course I have regrets, but not too many you know. I certainly don't dwell on how long this has taken me as that would be counter productive. Even though my motivation right now might be a little suspect, I am so thankful it came along.

Last edited by ledom; 02-21-2006 at 06:19 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:19 AM   #102  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey gals - just want to say "hi". I've been sick the past 4 days, with a bad head cold, so my exercise is non-exisitant. But I've kept my food on track, which is something...

Ledom - congrats on your perserverence and success. I hope that someday I'm able to find my groove and make some further progress as well.

Judi, here's my General's chicken sauce recipe:

3 t. Wondra thickener (this works better than corn starch)
3/4 c. water (dissolve the wondra into this)
2 t. minced ginger (fresh or jar)
3 t. chili garlic paste
4 T. soy sauce
4 T. rice vinegar
2 T. cooking sherry
1 packet Splenda, 1 packet sugar

The ratios of the above can be modified to make it taste however you like. I think I will reduce the amount of sherry the next time I make it. I compared this with a bottled sauce this week ($6 and I used the whole bottle!), and mine was way better and much less costly!

This recipe was more than enough for two chicken breasts and a 16oz. bag of broccoli.

Yes, I had no rice because I a low-carbing it - had this over chicken and either broccoli, green/red peppers or green beans.
Cindy

Last edited by BfL_Cat; 02-21-2006 at 11:25 AM.
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:00 AM   #103  
Chick

Hey guys, I posted yesterday but I must have closed the window before I submitted the message. I hate when I do that.

Cindy, hope you are feeling better by now.

Busy week on the home front. Hanging a new show, getting ready for DD's 22nd b'day. I think the bf is coming to meet me so I am trying to get the house in shape.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:21 PM   #104  

Hi hope everyone has had a good day. i have. but not feeling good and no pep again. i just wish i would get over this virus. thought i had. oh well tomorrow a new day and better one. i never went to tops today. so my scales were up a bit. birthday showing up i guess. ha i never got any exercise today. cannot stay out of bathroom. ha ha oh well have a good evening and day tomorrow to all. LaDean
Old 02-25-2006, 08:35 AM   #105  
Chick

LaDean, bad colds/flu can just drain you. Continue to get plenty of rest and fluids and don't rush yourself with activity.

I have held up pretty well this week. I lost a lb. I was up to my old Friday splurge tricks last night though. Stress induced, DD is dropping out of school - again. I don't think she is down like she was last spring but this is getting old. It is a bit different this year - she seems to be handling it herself and is looking for a job. Tuesday she turns 22 and will be bringing her BF home to meet my mother and I this weekend. Not having her live here anymore helps my anxiety over it all but I still worry. One of the things I worry about is how MY mother is going to deal with it. I am trying to let it go though. I think all her problems have been a lesson for me in dealing with my own expectations when it comes to other people - I can't control how other people go about their lives. I know you guys are tired of hearing about this.

Anyway, mucho house work before the BF comes over tomorrow. I have to work out today and I know I am not going to feel like it until sometime this afternoon due to the junk I ate last night. This weekend is going to be a challenge. I invited my GF over tonight so she can commiserate with me and I am planning on having a drink or 3. I just need to. And tomorrow is D's b/day meal. Which I don't really want but also don't know how to get out of. I just know that this is a blip and Monday morning I'll be back to it.