Old 02-06-2006, 06:00 AM   #76  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Whoops! How did Monday morning arrive so fast. I am not ready for it! I am tired and I didn't get enough stuff done. Hope everyone else isn't dreading Monday like I am!
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:44 AM   #77  
Lovin' Zumba!

Good morning gals! I sure do hate Mondays myself!

A bit of a rough day for me - my 16-yo cat Ninja has been of declining health for a while, and it seems to have gotten much worse this weekend. I have a vet appt. this afternoon, and fear he may not be returning home with me. Having gone through this a year and a half ago with my other cat makes it a bit easier, but it's still hard... And I want to comfort myself with food...

Frustrating, because although I've gotten my workouts on track, I am struggling majorly with my food.

I still need to finish reading Jillian's "Science" section on food and caloric needs - maybe that will help to give me the kick in the butt I need? My cruise is 7 weeks away, and I don't want to have to buy bigger clothes for it!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:11 PM   #78  
Chick

Oh Cindy - my thoughts are with you and Ninja today.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:49 PM   #79  

same thoughts here gals. i just have had no pep since i got this cold 3 weeks ago. never had one that just zapped me before like this. feel good some and then it just hits me so tired. well it will be over soon. i got dance tonite so going for that. always helps me some. ha my eating has been great today. trying to have my carb amts daily and all. at least i am trying. good luck to you all. aleka hope your okl and all. get back soon. i just do not feel like exercising.. have a good evening LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:20 AM   #80  
Chick

LaDean - Sorry you have been having such a hard time with your cold. Hope it goes away for good soon.

Cindy - how are you doing?

judi - You have been awfully quiet. What's up?

Misss you Miss Alice!

All is well here. I am officially unrested again. It didn't take long, less than a month! Oh well. I just have to make sure my weekends are more organized. I was out and about too much last weekend and didn't get the things done I needed to which in turn made the week more stressful. Now I know I have to pace myself a little better.

I am keeping up with my workouts, food has been a little off the last few days. Not in a big way, but I need to pay really close attention so that I don't start slipping.

Last edited by ledom; 02-08-2006 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:48 PM   #81  

Hi i am slipping from eating also. have gained back and got to put a stop to it before its all back on. ha so 2 days now and so far good. i wish all of you a good day and week. exercise is good here. LaDean Oh cold is better. thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 09:46 AM   #82  
Chick

Hey guys - Just finished my workout. It was good, don't go in to work today so my morning schedule is more relaxed. Slept til 6, got to start workout at 7 so I could watch Good Morning America, much better than the local news shows I end up watching when I have to start earlier. Perfect eating day yesterday, today will be a bit challenging. Meeting girlfriends for lunch at a Japanese restaurant. I am not sure what I'll be able to find on the menu that won't be a bad thing to eat the day before weigh-in day but you can bet I'll be figuring it out. I am addicted to moving that ticker. Looks like a small loss this week but I am determined to eek one out. So much for my plans to lay low this weekend. I am actually showing some of my work at a gallery in Little Rock. Tomorrow evening is the opening and I know several of the other exhibitors as well so I will go. It'll be fun I am sure. Beyond that though I plan to stay at home. My house is suffering now that I am back at work and I think a clean house would go a long way to reducing my stress level so I plan to work on that a bit. DD and I have decided to drive to Ohio to visit relatives for Spring Break, that is around March 18. Would love to lose 10 lbs. between now and then, but I'll be happy with 5.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:16 AM   #83  
Chick

Morning! How is everyone? Cindy, are you snowed in?

All's well here, just anothere early Monday. I didn't get to go to my show on Friday evening due to bad weather here. It was quiet and I was able to get my house semi-clean over the weekend. DD and her new cat came to visit. It was nice.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:15 PM   #84  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hi guys - I'm back looking for some cheerleaders to help support my efforts...

Enough wallowing in my grief, I need to take control of myself and really try to accomplish something before my cruise. So, I started back on South Beach Phase 1 yesterday. I'm pouting about having to go this extreme, but what I was doing just wasn't working for me. Maybe I just need to shock my body into letting go of some of this weight!

I'm gearing up for tomorrow and Wed. - historically days 3 & 4 have always been tough for me - the carb cravings and restlessness really hits. But, I'll be strong and have my allowable snack available to help me make it through. Once I get through that, it's typically smooth sailing. Wish me luck!

No, luckily we were on the upper fringe of the storm and so we only got about 1-2" of snow that blew around a lot. Those poor people to the south of us!

Went to see Phantom of the Opera yesterday at a local theatre (traveling company) - it was great. I'm glad I saw the movie first though - it helped to fill in the blanks some where the stage just couldn't show stuff. Pete enjoyed it as well, which made for a pleasant afternoon.

Ok, back to work - just wanted to check in. I'm going to update my ticker so you'll see how pathetic my progress of the last 6 weeks has been. I'm very frustrated in that - not that I was perfect, but it should have been more than just 3#! Anyway, water under the bridge - upward and onward!
Cindy
Old 02-14-2006, 08:23 AM   #85  
Chick

Go Cindy!

Hey, I am glad you are feeling better. I think that you'll be able to handle days 3 and 4 this time. But remember to be patient with youself. This is a process that isn't accomplished quickly. Or never quickly enough it seems.

I have been giving myself a good talking to. I have let Fridays get out of control after I weigh in. A little treat is one thing, but last Friday it was more of a blow out. I am just now recovering from it and I realize this is a bad precedent. If I get in the mindset that once I have reached a certain point I can let my discipline go then I'll end up back where I started. My goal for myself this week is to weigh less on Monday morning than I do on Friday morning.

Cindy, did you get your elliptical machine and if so are you enjoying it? The play sounds fun and glad Pete enjoyed it.

Happy Valentines Day judi, Alice, Ladean and Cindy
Old 02-14-2006, 02:55 PM   #86  

Default Happy Valentines Day To All Of You

TO ALL OF YOU A GOOD ONE... I just want to say i felt so good yesterday and today to. i really danced up a storm last nite and for first time in 4 weeks we have been doing it i felt my good old self. so i really let it out and got a good work out. was so fun... came home and soaked my feet. ha ha oh did i ever feel good then.. ha ha I got all my good food in and i had such a good day eating yesterday the right way again. and today starting it out with fruit for my sweet day and some snack crackers and cheese. now how does all this sound??????? postive i guess. ha ha my attitude is with it now gals and here i gooooooo. so join me and by summer oh won't we look so good. scales were down this am. now not a gob. ha ha but i am taking a loss no matter what it is now.. Hey have a good day. if you do have sweets allow for and enjoy. the main thing is we put our foot out front and move forward... have a good day. LaDean
Old 02-15-2006, 06:16 AM   #87  
Chick

LaDean - you sound like your old self. I am glad you are feeling so much better.

Yep, looking forward to a great summer at a much reduced weight. I have been thinking about having time to kayak and hike to my hearts content. And wearing smaller clothes while I do it!
Old 02-15-2006, 02:58 PM   #88  

Hi, yes it feels so good to be my old self. feel like doing things. doing laundry this am and hanging out. it was so cold last nite and nice day and colder next few days. so thought i would get laundry done. scales are down today. so that tickles me. small amt but i take it and say good girl. ha ha i am trying hard to eat my 3 meals a day and stay on schedule. it says that is important. so makes a difference. have a good day to all.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:57 PM   #89  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey girls - taking a minute out of an incredibly hectic day to say hello. And happy belated V-Day!

SB Day 3 was ok, but I'm struggling with Day 4, as I'm under a lot of stress at work and that makes for a bad combo...

I was quite proud of myself last night - Pete and I went to a small Italian place near my house. Pete had chicken parmigiana, lots of bread and spaghetti to go with. I had my dinner salad, and my unbreaded chicken in brown sauce (like Marsala) with roasted red peppers, mushrooms and onions. That's it! I kept thinking I'd like a small piece of bread to soak up some of my sauce, but I didn't!

I did have 2 icecream thingys when I got home, but that wasn't too bad of a thing.

No workouts Monday and Tuesday, but did get onto the elliptical this morning. Ledom - I am enjoying it, but we need to get it adjusted - even the lowest resistance has some resistance, and is not "loose" like the ones at the gym. So, I've called and they are going to send someone out to look at it. Pete is not so sure he likes it (I think he is not used to it), and now he's talking about wanting a treadmill! I told him he needs to save that money for something more useful, like jewelry! LOL!

Headed to a hockey game tonight, so food will be on the fly somewhere - wish me luckwith handling it....

Hope everyone is having a great day and week. Oh, Ledom, I still want to get myself a kayak for the summer, since Pete has the place on the lake. Any particular brand/model you'd recommend? Otherwise I'll just base my decision on price and color! I don't want to spend too, too much, but I realize I may have to spend a decent amount to get something good.
Cindy
Old 02-16-2006, 09:29 AM   #90  
Chick

Cindy The companies Perception and Old Town both make good products. The Perception America which I own and love is not longer manufactured, but the Acadia I is a great boat by the same company. I think it is in the $600 to $700 range. You can read more about perception products at kayaker dot com. Also, you can get a world of information on all brands at paddling dot net. Reviews and product information on virtually every kayak made. Also FYI, don't skimp on the paddle. The lightest paddle you can afford can make a big difference in how much you enjoy the sport I have found. Also, don't overlook the possibility of buying used equipment. It is out there. Happy Shopping.

Oh, and just out of curiousity. What kind of jewelery is Pete saving up for? ;-)