3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - Nov 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/67817-lawl-friends-losers-nov-2005-a.html)

slimdreams 11-05-2005 10:45 PM

Hi again,

Congratulations to all the losers!!

Mary and Sally,
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to go get some. I'm in such agony! I've had so many infections while I was pg, and you're right it's no fun! I just can't understand how the heck could I get an infection, with drinking all this water, and the way I've been "relieving" myself?? I'm going to try the Northland's brand of Cranberry Juice from WAlmart, they say it works too. I think I'm holding it too long, and that's why I feel a full (pressure like) feeling on my bladder. It's uncomfortable to sit, so I'm going to end this now, and go get in the tub like Sally said!Sounds good to me. Talk to you all soon!

textjewel 11-06-2005 06:56 AM

Hi chicks!

Mary, I believe my scale is channelling the way your scale was acting a few weeks ago - NOTHING. This is really disturbing! And today - not sure what is on the program for food, since I'm spending the whole day with friends - luckily, I'm bringing a fruit salad, and have some lite cheese cubes - so I'll have OP snacks when everyone else is eating pretzels and port wine cheese. . (can you say GROAN). . .

Mary - About your DH - is it possible that he's comparing the toys that he did or didn't get when he was a kid to what you're providing for Eli? It may or may not be about the $$$ at all.

Angela - I've never used any of the LAWL sups - they are way too spendy for me. WTG on making your 20 pound goal! I've never had a body wrap - do you get to do that often?

Suzanne - the lites run about $28 for 14 on the non-bulk price - I paid just about $20 for 14 (a double box) in the bulk rate. I do enjoy my two a day, but you don't need them to lose weight. If you can't afford them, tell your counselors, and they will adjust the food to compensate.

Kisha - hope you feel better soon - it's been a while since I've had a bladder infection, but always dreaded that burning sensation.

Hugs to all. . .

Julie

textjewel 11-06-2005 09:14 AM

Gotta run for my meeting, but just wanted to say - Mary, I think *all* of us tend to think that parts of the way we were raised is the best way - even if we deny it. . .or we spend lots of energy fighting our childhood conditioning (like rewarding ourselves with FOOD!)

Hugs,
Julie

LadyIzzy 11-06-2005 10:50 AM

Shopper

Mary - :carrot: :carrot: I think you are a fantastic shopper. :carrot: :carrot: I love value/savings myself and take advantage of it every chance that I get. It gives me a high when I find something new or used for a great price. Keep it up girlfriend and your bankroll will steadily increase. The reason that I can easily stay off work for at least two years without touching my retirement/investment funds is because I'm a value/frugal lifestyle person. I used to indulge in whatever I wanted but after a while I looked at all the money that I was throwing away and I stopped that crap. I love fine things, but I do those things for myself and not to impress the world either, when and if I want to.

Also, regarding the youth director, I had a similar situation growing up with the Lord of Deacons and his son from my church. I used to babysit for the granddaughter/daughter and they would take me home when I finished and try to make a move. As good looking as they both were, I always fought them off with words or fast moves away from them and the threat that my mother would blow their heads off. She was known for her markswomanship because my father taught her how to use a gun because we lived in a rural area. You never knew when a bear would greet you at the door when you opened it. I think that's also why I never had dates. I think the wife/mother knew of their antics, but knew that I was a good girl, and told me to continue being the way I was and not to let any man take advantage of me. She probably knew that I was the only girl in the neighborhood who wasn't messing with her husband and son.

Anyhu, I'm out

jlynn1 11-06-2005 11:22 AM

Hope everyone is well. I think I am the only person in history to GAIN on my personal success visit! I was so bummed yesterday. I missed 2 fruits and a veggie, but they told me to go drink lemon water. For protein, we had red meat each day....weighed & only recommended MrsDash....has strips for lunches too. Apparantly they forgot to inform me to only eat red meat everyother day??? (also forgot to give me my binder & info so I am flying with only 1 wing) Also my recent start in strength training apparantly had something to do with it....we will see how things go this week. I was so frustrated I wanted to quit, but after they told me my body is adjusting to the wt training and decreased calorie load and types of calories it should free up shortly and I will see a loss if I stick with it. I almost fainted on the bulk $ plans! I opted to just buy boxes 10 at a time and we will see how the future goes. The $ spent already are motivation enough to get back on plan.

I did buy a cute pair of earrings at the jewelry party. Oh well, back to square one I guess. BTW, what does POP stand for? (Probably really simple)

sznn 11-06-2005 12:06 PM

First week

Hello Everyone,

This is my first week OP. Things are going well, don't seem too hungry although I feel a little spaced out with such a low carb intake. I appreciate all the hot tips in this forum....esp the luna bar one - saved me tons of $$$$.
Anyone tried any substitutes for the slimdown shake?
-S

TSheler 11-06-2005 03:12 PM

Hello everyone,

Thanks Deets for the answer. Thought of another ? (told ya to be ready ;) ) How many Luna bars are equal to the lite bars? Also, when I told them I would not be eating the lites, they put me on red which added another s and 1/2 p. So would 2 lites/lunas equal the amount of the increase?

EweWho 11-06-2005 03:29 PM

POP = perfectly on plan/program

Repo girl 11-06-2005 03:33 PM

Hi all,
Kisha, that sucks. Hope you get feeling better soon!!

Tiffany- I don't do the lites either, and I am also on red. I don't think that you are supposed to do any bars if they have moved you to a higher plan.

Mary and Deets- This is one of those days when DH stands for dumb husband, or maybe even d@*m husband!!

So I have cheating all weekend. I don't know why, but I just do not feel like staying on plan. Yesterday at lunch my DH ordered the artichoke dip with corn chips. I could not leave it alone. Then we went to my sis's house for our weekly poker game. I missed two fruits, so I had 6 oz of white wine, then was coerced into a Yagger shot (yeah, like it took a lot of convincing!). My sis made these chocolate bar cookies. I pieced on them all night, also a slice of pineapple pizza. I did get over a gallon of H2O in, however, so maybe it will be okay. I am doing my best to stay OP today no matter what, but we are celebrating my littlest daughters 3rd birthday today, and again with the inlaws on Tuesday. If I was a hermit in my house, I would do great. Lately, though, anywhere I go there is major temptation. Good thing TOM is almost over.
Anyone have their tip cards handy? I need to know how to count a slice of birthday cake! Katie

EweWho 11-06-2005 03:37 PM

Tiffany,
You replace each Lite bar with one Luna bar.

Although I can understand why some don't want to purchase the bars up front, I did buy mine. I'm still happy that I did. The convenience alone is worth the extra I spent on them. My program is completely paid for at this time so I don't have to hope I have the money to pay for the bars next week. If money is tight, my bars would be the first thing to go.

I go to the center 3 times a week, so I don't have to make a special trip to WalMart or Target to get bars. I figured it out once and I paid $1.29 per bar. I've checked the price at Target and WalMart and the Lunas and Prias were $1.00 each. I can't make a trip into either store without spending $100, so if I don't have to go there to get the bars I figure I'm saving money! :lol:

Good luck with the program!

shennie_97 11-06-2005 03:40 PM

Hi Tiffany,
Yes that is the thought, but you can tell them that you are doing lites and that you just aren't buying them from them. This way you will still be able to do your bars and not have to always fix and change you diary to lie about your servings.
For two weeks i did gold while i was still supposed to be on blue and it was so much work remebering to lie in my journal before i go there and add food i didn't eat. Plus, it will be hard for the counselors to help you without really seeing what you are eating.

Just use the lunas as lites (since that is what they are) and let them do the worring, while you focus on WL.

EweWho 11-06-2005 03:40 PM

Magic Bullet

I think a couple of the chickies said they had purchased the Magic Bullet. I saw it advertised on TV this morning. It looked really cool. I expecially liked the fact that it had the small container. They had a special 2-for-1 and I'm thinking about getting it, even though I have a Vita-Mix and love it!

So, if you have this and are using it, tell me if it is worth the amount!

Thanks!

EweWho 11-06-2005 03:43 PM

Birthday Cake, 1 slice
2 Starches, 1 Fat

Repo girl 11-06-2005 03:46 PM

Thanks Regina!!!

wtxchick 11-06-2005 05:39 PM

Well, it has been an awful week for DD in regards to LAWL. I am so upset I don't know what to do.

We have just passed our 5 week point and I have lost 6 pounds. I think that is horrible, considering that I had lost 12 pounds at this point on WW. I know ya'll are sick of hearing about WW - sorry!! :o It's just my only frame of reference when it comes to weight loss. I find the Red plan incredibly hard to stay on. I stay hungry and really miss carbs. I finally broke down this week, counted points (:sssh:secretly, of course, didn't want to derail DD), and lost 2.6 at weigh in on Saturday - more than any week on LAWL.

DD has lost a total of 4 pounds in 5 weeks. I think some of her problem this week is TOM, but try explaining water retention to an impatient teenager. I provided really great meals this week that fit her program, but she "forgot" her lunch twice and then ate popcorn every night with my dad. I made a promise to myself when we joined that I would not be her food police. I did make one or two gentle "reminders" figuring that the weigh in on Saturday would be hard enough.

Well, everyone at our center has quit except for one girl. We do like her, but she is rather new and still thinks that the bars are a miracle cure. We spent an hour going over both of our programs (she moved me to Purple saying that I should never have been on Red to begin with) and moved DD back to Orange Plus. I watched my baby girl lean her head back against the wall and I could tell tears were not far off. Then, the counselor told DD that if she would "just try the bars one more time" and she gave her some more samples and told her to use the Orange plan for Monday and Tuesday with the bars.

DD took my car keys and went to the car while I made our next monthly (car) payment to the center. I thanked the counselor, I feel like she really is doing her best regardless of the results, and went to the car, where my baby was crying her little heart out.

The problem is that she believed that this would be easy. She believed the television commercials where the people said things like "you can eat foods you like" and "I was losing dress sizes left and right" and none of that has been true for her. Not to mention that she really dislikes the bars!

She and I sat down with our programs and have planned out a week that fits her Orange Plus plan perfectly. We used the Tip cards to allow for some "fun" foods for when she goes out with her friends. I have told her repeatedly that this will work if she will just follow it, but she doesn't really believe it anymore.

I know that the excitement will return when she sees some success, but I have my doubts about this program, too. What good is a plan that you have trouble staying on? I want this to be a true lifestyle change, but I am finding it incredibly difficult to manage. With the Purple plan, I have lost 1/2 protien and a starch and I can't even figure out what to eat for breakfast!

I think what I'm trying to say is HELP!!

Ya'll, I'm sorry for being such a downer! Forgive me! :^:

Andi