3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - Nov 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/67817-lawl-friends-losers-nov-2005-a.html)

truecanadianangel 11-01-2005 10:53 PM

It was truth time tonight!! I went up. not suprising. But i start my take off tommorow(i do it every two weeks), so i need to lose 3.4 lbs by saurday. I have little rewards set for every5 lbs, and my 20 lbd mark is a new outfit, and athough i have 3.4 to go before tat goal is reached, i bought them tonight. Im not allowed to wear them until i get the 20lb mark. I have threwn out all my sweat pants, and these ones that i bought tonight are alittle tight, but this way im not wasting my money and maybe alittle extra encouragement.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...02.2/16.6/.png

November goal weight

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...227/245.6/.png :carrot:

shennie_97 11-01-2005 11:21 PM

Kisha, I know you hate the thought of it, but try Melba toast, like Mary said. Crush it up into bread crumbs then add you seasonings to the bread crumbs...works the same way and tastes great to me. That is one thing i might keep doing after program.

Welcome to everyone and for the newbies looking ofr cooking ideas, look at what you currently eat and see if you can cahnge soem parts of it to make it on plan. You will be surprised how weel you cna cook without fat and butter or how good oven fired foods can taste (with melba toast). Also like Mary said make your own spice mixes. I looked at the ingredients for my taco mixes and marinades and made them on my own witht he same things basically and then added lite salt and if needed splenda for the sugar and salt. Yes, it wil take alittle work at the beginning and might take a while to get used to, but just keep trying.

Just look at the recipe for what you like and see what is not OP in it and then see if you can still make it without those things or if you can substitute something else for it.
I have the cookbook, but rarely use it. If there is something specific you can't live without, maybe ask here and someone might have an OP version to share, plus check out the recipe thread and mix and match.

Andi~ are you out there, we haven't heard from you in a while?

textjewel 11-02-2005 07:40 AM

Morning, chicks!

I went to WI yesterday, and was at 186.6 - so just about the same. . . Maybe that thai noodle salad affected me more than I expected? The counselor reviewed my diary, noticed that I was eating a variety of foods, suggested that I switch my breakfast lite for my mid am snack -- the problem is I really don't want fruit and yogurt first thing in the AM. (and I'm out of apples, and I feel sorry for myself)

But did well yesterday, even with eating out - had a grilled chicken salad with some sort of lime dressing on the side - from Baja Fresh - it was good -my friend had prepared fresh fruit salad - which was very good, so had that for fruit - she also had wheat thins, and cashews (not unsalted, but still only had 10) and then for dinner, I had a grilled tuna steak salad - so today back to home food, and lots of water.

The taste test for the new lites in this week, too - but I don't think I'll go in until Friday since I'll be out tomorrow helping my DM with something..

Welcome to Jlynn, Rosterhome! Roster -how cool is it that you're DM has joined you.

Tiffany - it IS difficult to shift the eating around to the LAWL way - what are some of the things that your family likes to eat? Maybe we can help with some specifics. The suggestion of cooking the same stuff, but fixing your portions separate is really good -- You are doing something really good for your family to shift the food focus to a more healthy way of eating.

Mary - BTW, spag squash is listed under summer squash in the new guide. . . looking for some 'news' for you soon --

Kisha - if you don't buy the lites, they will move you to a plan with more food . . and if you don't do the lites, you will have to figure out sweet treats out of the basic food portions. Not impossible - and FF ice cream is OP if you like that. However, if you do the lites, you can sub other protein bars between 180 -220 cals for a lite - and just check off lite in your diary. . The nutrion info for the lites are on the side of the box - they are about 160-190 cals each. The shakes and hot drinks are closer to 60 cals.

Hey to all the other chicks!
Julie

SyracuseNY 11-02-2005 08:22 AM

:welcome2: Rosterhome, Jlynn1, Sally and Tiffany! Welcome to the boards.

Tiffany: I think Repro gave you great advise. As far as cooking for you and family - here is what I do. If I'm cooking chicken breast for me, I cook enough to last a couple days. I use it for lunch and/or dinner, depends. Last night I purchased 99% FF ground turkey and made turkey taco salad. I use my own blend of spices like Mary - but I add a packet of Splenda, some LS chicken broth and 2 T spoons of tomato paste to make the sauce stick to my lettuce. Sometimes I have it with FF sour cream or salsa. Yum! Oh, I added some fresh garlic, onions and green peppers to it too. I count the tomato paste, onions and green peppers as 1 V.

CanAngle: Hang in there. We all have slip ups, and you're back POP is all that matters.

SkinnyMom: Proud of you for not giving in to the Halloween Candy.

MarBear: What's with the trick-or-treaters a day late? LOL!

Julie: How was your day yesterday? Did you manage to stay OP while dining out for lunch and possibly dinner?

Star: Girl, we are thinking of you. Miss you! Hope all is well and your following the doctor's orders.

Hey, at my center - today's the preview of the new LA Lites. I'll post my comments later or tomorrow. Can't wait to try the coconut/almond.

Hugs, Sy

truecanadianangel 11-02-2005 08:37 AM

good morning eveyone. :p

What is this about new lites??? my center hasnt mentioned anything about them. i know the plan for the states is diffrent then ours up north here, but we should at least ge the same lites.

day 1 of take off

JULIE- i hit a platue awhile ago, and my couseler told me to try 3/4 cup of egg whites and 1 cup mixed berries (seprte not mixed together, that would be hard to swallow) for breakfast and then a la lite 1 hour afterwards and it worked very well or me. I have been on so many diets that my body gets use to everything reallly fast, so i am always changing my plan around. the egg whites are also a good thing tp do if you have had to many stachs. you can add ketchup or my favorite hotsauce for taste. i hope this helps.

have a great day !!!!

angel

textjewel 11-02-2005 08:47 AM

Angel - how do you cook those egg whites?

Rosterhome 11-02-2005 09:08 AM

Julie: It is really great that my mom joined with me. Actually, she was my encouragement! She kinda made a deal with me to lose the weight. She is the eternal dieter and (as I have finally accepted it) I guess I will be too....we are so short so even a little weight gain is noticeable, ya know what I mean? Since I only cook for one...when I want to make a dish like the stuffed cheese shells CC, I can make it for two 2x and freeze our second portions...that way we are not wasting those ingredients!

I am on the green plan. Not really much room to flub or exchange. I really really depend on my Luna bars to keep me satisfied during the day. Started eating a half b/w breakfast and lunch and the other half in the afternoon. Thanks goodness for them! Anyone have any suggestions for veggies that will really really fill me up? I have been eating zucchini like it was my job...but I think that I have burned myself out!!!

mary: your poor tricker treater! the little kid was probably sick or something on Halloween night and their parents had to make it up to them!!!!

truecanadianangel 11-02-2005 09:39 AM

hi Julie,

i usually buy tge egg whites at walmart or somewhere cheap. i have a hard time finding them so i buy 10 containers at a time. anyways, i spray the pan with pam, then just cook them like you would scramble eggs. another thing to do is, using egg whites,(for this i only use half of the egg white serving) add some veggies (mushrooms, peppers, whatever you want) and 1 oz of light or nofat cheese and make yourself a omlet! counts as half protien, 1 veggie and half dairy.

im not sure what plan your on, im on red 1, but i think that candas plans are diffrent than the US. i know our vitimans are diffrent.

hope this helps, take care
angel :dizzy:

brittyboo07 11-02-2005 09:44 AM

Morning Chicks!! I think when we get the new office finished and moved in I should have some extra time and can get back to being here on a regualr basis. Until then I will keep stopping by as often as i can. I so miss this board when im not here. I have penciled in time to go to the center tomorrow but I have some errands to run this morning and if i have the spare time i will do it today. I am going to tell them the truth about everything and be honest about the fact that i know i wont be able to make it in 3 times a week untill school is out. I am going to make a list of things i need to pick up for myself to get back OP and I have a bottle of juice for TO at home i think i will put it in to chill tonight and start tomorrow with TO.

There are so many new people!!!! Its wonderful to see this group grow and shrink at the same time lol.

Well its about that time... i probably wont be back on today since i have school the rest of the day but i will try and check in tomorrow. Have a POP day!!!

Britt

Repo girl 11-02-2005 10:08 AM

Roster- I know you are sick of zuchinni, but this is my fave: slice zuchinni and yellow squash the long way into fat strips, grill on George Foreman, spray with the garlic and herb butter spray. It is so good!! I also love to slice onions, carrots, squash, etc. and place on the broiler pan, spray w garlic and herb butter spray, sprinkle with Italian Herbs, and broil until pretty soft. Also, chop a small tomato, a little bit of onion, some cilantro, and squeeze a lime over it. I love to eat this on a carne asada taco. It is a little tortilla, a lot of meat, and a lot of tomatoes. Also, add a little ff sour cream on top. Very good!! Another one that I love is to slice and boil carrots, drain, spray with regular butter spray, squirt on some SF Maple Syrup, lite salt, and pepper. My kids love that one. Hpoe you can find some good ideas here that help.

Will post later. Have a great POP day everyone.

Andi- I was wondering about you too. Where are you?

Wrigley 11-02-2005 10:10 AM

Good Morning Chicks...

So today is a good day, I hope anyways.

I am going to WI at lunch today. I have noticed that I tend to weigh less when I go at lunch as opposed to going after work after I have had most of my food and water for the day.

I am lucky though that I can go to lunch and do that whenever I want.

Halloween was a great night. It was the first Halloween that we were in our house so I was really excited to hand out candy. Of course I have tons left over, but the good thing is that I can bring it to work. The bad thing is it is now at my desk.

I am going to move it to someone elses today though.

Okay i just moved the candy. so now it is not by me anymore.

So i have been taking the XCEL and boy do they taste bad and they sure do smell bad too. Not even sure that they are really doing anything, but i guess i will have to wait and see after 2 weeks to see if it is really doing anything.

Our tasting of the new Lites start tomorrow. I am excited about trying them.

I have a problem if anyone can help me out. I have some lites, Double Chocolate, Choc. Chip Cookie Dough, I have at least a box of the CCCD and a handful of the DC, if anyone on here loves them(it is jut too much Choc. for me now) let me know and maybe we can trade my flavors for some of yours. I tried to convince the center to let me trade in the unopened box that i have of CCCD, but once it leaves the center no changing. I just can barely stand to eat them and dont' want to waste them. I have only been on the program for 10 weeks so they are not that old. Let me know.

anyways, I guess now that it is 10am I should get back to work.

Good luck for everyone who has a WI today.

mrsbeanie 11-02-2005 10:15 AM

Welcome to all the newbies. Its great to see all the new faces!

I haven't posted much I am still not feeling well. Aunt Flo is almost gone but I feel very drained and lethargic. I have no energy whatsoever and on top of that I cannot get my bms regular. I tried upping my EFAs last night again and all I got for my trouble was tummy pains and being able to go a little. So now here I sit at work hoping things don't kick in until I can get home 2pm. Uggggg.

Just want everyone to know I am lurking and sending POP vibes everyone's way. I did manage to stay POP yesterday.

Beanie

truecanadianangel 11-02-2005 10:36 AM

dawn,
i would keep asking your center to trade them in. when i bought my stuf in bulk, i found out i hated the strawberry and choclate la lite drinks, and at first they wouldnt change them, then i got a little scartastic with them and threatend to buy of off ebay, and they soon changed thier mind!! I now have what i like. They get pid commison, so it worked for me. After all LA lites are notcheap. I pay 20.00 per box!! Im really glad i havnt told my husband the cost or he would of killed me.

have a great day

angel

Wrigley 11-02-2005 10:53 AM

yeah i have to say that my husband is not too happy about the cost of this since it is not cheap, but it is working, or it must be since i have lost 14 lbs and that has never happened before.

my whole center is changing up now, so who knows what will happen. it appears that these new girls are big follow the rules people.