3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - Nov 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/67817-lawl-friends-losers-nov-2005-a.html)

applegirl 11-07-2005 06:37 PM

What?!--we can have popcorn? I love it, thanks for the info!

Just stopping in to say hi and let you all know how great you're doing! I should go weigh in today, because of my schedule I didn't get a chance to get in all last week. I hope I'm not in trouble.

I think that my Friday weigh in will be the one I count. I'll try to get in there before I eat, but after I-well, you know.

Regina--I have never been able to actually knit, I can't seem to get the needles to do what they aer supposed to do. But I can crochet like the wind!!

Have a great evening, girls!!

sznn 11-07-2005 07:03 PM

A question...or 2

Hello everyone,

I have been on the Gold plan since Thursday. All is well, more or less.
Just feel really spaced out - find it hard to concentrate sometimes. I think it is from the lack of carbs. Any suggestions on how to get rid of that feeling?

Also, I am not a huge fan of the bars, I have some lites and some lunas. I only want to eat 1/day. What is recommended to replace one?

I should be getting all these answers from the centre, but they are quite far and I will be only visiting 1x/wk.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
-S

mom2fivesweeties 11-07-2005 08:58 PM

Hi Sznn,

I've been going to LAWL since Sept. 21. Since then, I've been doing one bar in the afternoon. They know I can't afford them, and have never pushed any at all. I like the one in the afternoon because it gets me over that "lightheaded" feeling and hunger between lunch and supper. They have no problem with the one bar or no bars.

But I think my center must be unusual, because I've not had any problems that the others on here have had as far as the counselors. I go to the one in south St. Louis.

Mom_of_3_Monsters 11-07-2005 09:53 PM

Lori - May I ask you where in south St Louis ? I also live in the STL area and the only center I know about is in Sunset Hills, thats the one I used to go to ... Just curious, or nosey, depending on how you look at things ;)

mom2fivesweeties 11-07-2005 09:59 PM

Hi Norissa,

You know what? Your kids look really familiar to me! I thought that the first time you posted them! We grew up in south county, but live across the river in Columbia, IL now.

There is a center on Lemay Ferry Rd. in the Dierberg's Shopping Center where South Twin Drive-In used to be. It's probably a mile east of Lindbergh. They are really nice there - no hassles at all! :)

wtxchick 11-07-2005 10:40 PM

Sznn mentions something that I have found extremely interesting since I have been going to LAWL - how carbs affect people differently. I know, for me, that 2 days on Take Off was all the torture I could stand. Then, 2 days on Gold with Lites and only 2 Starches - it's hard to explain, but when I had a 1/2 a bagel, it settled me down/calmed me or something. Now, I have a friend who is the exact opposite. Carbs make her extremely hungry and leaving her prowling for more. She said she feels energized on less starches. I guess that's why there are so many different diet plans!:shrug:

By the way, did anyone see Kirstie Alley on Oprah today? I missed the first 20 minutes, but she really looks great! That's another program I've never tried! Jenny Craig! I would probably be able to do about a week and then be itching to get in my kitchen and start cooking. My sister has a friend who lost 60 pounds on Jenny Craig because she loved not having to cook. Not me! I adore cooking!! Like I said, I want to be Paula Dean when I grow up! :lol:

Andi

Bobby18 11-07-2005 11:35 PM

I actually asked the question about whether I can substitute some real food for a Lite now and again and was told NO. Either you have a plan with Lites or you don't - there isn't any substituting. I also asked if I could have multigrain rice cakes instead of the lite bread in the P&J sandwich under Carb Cravers and was told NO - I had to have the Carb Cravers exactly as written in order for it to be a P. It has something to do with the combination of the food, as well as the total calories, etc. in the combination.

I went for groceries tonight and have stocked up on a variety of V and F. Tonight I had to eat 1 tbsp. sunflower seeds and a banana (neither of which I was hungry for or wanted) just to get my food intake to being only short of 1 V. I am finding that there is a lot of food on the Gold w/ Lites. Perhaps I have been starving myself and that's why I haven't been losing weight. Now, that's a thought.

Tonight I stopped in at a fitness centre that is similar to Curves and did a workout. I was thinking of joining, but have decided against it after this workout as I really didn't enjoy it. I have been doing small (4 people) personal training sessions twice a week since the beginning of Oct. (although I missed the last 2 weeks) - I truly enjoy these sessions even though getting myself there is sometimes a struggle. I also found running early fall - I ran/walked a 5K Run for the Cure (I believe this is only in Canada). I now find that it is getting dark so fast that it is hard to go out in the evening for a run. Perhaps my DH will surprise me with a TV for our exercise room so that I won't be bored on the treadmill. Now that I have experienced the pure enjoyment of running outside, I truly dislike the treadmill - I find it quite boring.

Anyway, enough from me for the night - Good Night.

mrsbeanie 11-08-2005 12:15 AM

Hello all! I've been lurking again... A little disappointed in myself for only losing .2 this week after only .8 last week. I have decided to refocus my efforts.

Andi - I wanted to say that I am proud of you and your daughter. Tell her not to give up. I just know things will kick in for her soon.

Hope that everyone is doing well and we see some big losses on the scales this week.

I will try harder to keep posting, I just really have been beating myself up this week.

Take care all

Welcome Newbies!

beanie

sznn 11-08-2005 12:25 AM

Thanks for all the input

wtxchick: i am a bonafide carb addict.
I need more carbs to keep my brain going than 2/day.
I had a sandwich for dinner and I feel soooo much better.

I am only going to have 0-1 bars of any kind a day. I work in sales at the moment and am quite resistant to any high pressure sales tactics (or so I like to believe). I don't think the bars are necessary for me to lose weight, just nice to have something avail when I have a sweet tooth. But I believe just eating less calories/carb + more veggies fruit will do the trick.

The only reason I signed up for this program is I like the fact that I am accountable for my daily intake and ultimate weight loss - that someone is going to be a witness if I have been cheating.
I have tried changing my eating habits at least a bizillion X and I tend to slide back into my old ways. :devil:

-S

SyracuseNY 11-08-2005 07:02 AM

Ok, this is the first I've heard of it, but where is the post about popcorn? I don't see it in our books, or the post? What did I miss?

Bobby: I have the same feeling you have about running on the treadmill as I do with doing a stationary bike. I love riding in the summer months, but I'm outside and get to see the sights. I can't drag myself on a stationary bike at the gym, it's so boring! Funny that I can do the treadmill. I go to a small gym, it's more of a sports training center. We don't have TVs at my gym, but we are on an upper level and there is an inside field for lacross/soccer below - so I do have something to watch while walking/running in the colder/darker months. My walkman is a must, exercising partner is nice too have someone to talk to.

Going to WI after work, wish me luck!

Carmen, how did you make out? Your very brave in going to the COD in jeans?

Hey Julie! I sure miss our cheerleader Star! You know, I have to PM Karen (RustyWallaceFan) as she must be depressed as he's retiring at 49. A real cutie. They interviewed him at the end of the race on Sunday. Only part I caught of the race.

textjewel 11-08-2005 08:15 AM

Morning, chicks!

Sy - good luck at WI! Hopefully, you'll start a trend.

Beanie - the scale is NOT YOU. Don't get down on yourself (I'm talking to myself here, too) - when the scale doesn't cooperate - you are still down a pound over the last two WIs. . .I haven't heard the express option - can you post it?

Sznn - have you considered any of frozen dinner's to supplement the carb cravings - I use the pasta ones, or the sante fe rice and beans - over lots of lettuce - and those seem to help. Is your plan with or without lites? If you don't do the lites, and don't have the food to supplement it, you may be shorting yourself, calorie wise.

Suzanne - not too surprised about the not tweaking the plan answer - for the limited amount of training they get - having two options - like with lites or no lites - is probably as far as they can go :dizzy: -- awhile ago, Aphil (our forum moderator) posted that cal/protein wise -you could sub an egg and a glass of milk for a lite -or something like that - but the trick is what do you put in your diary? For me, it gets confusing. :?:

Regina - my DS raves about those Arby market sandwiches- I'm not sure I could walk into an Arby's without having a jamocha shake. :devil:

Carmen - how was WI?

Sorry if I missed anyone!
Hugs,
Julie

pushing40inMA 11-08-2005 09:09 AM

Morning Chicks,

Thanks again for looking for the 3-day Take off. I REALLY enjoyed getting back on it. The kids weren't too thrilled, my son kepted asking to go out for Chinese all weekend. I told him they could always go without me. :?: I had some success. Looking back on my old diaries I actually am doing better than I did the first time around. I'm so glad I kept those diaries at least I have an idea of what I should be making for supper this time around without feeling completely confused. I really appreciate all your help ;) and I hope I can find more time to come to this website in the future.

I'm on my way! :carrot:

Denise

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...b/165/145/163/ :lol: :lol: :lol:

shennie_97 11-08-2005 09:52 AM

Bobby~ were your sunflower seeds unsalted? What brand were they? I have been looking for unsalted sunflower seeds for the longest and can never find any?

Beanie~ how does the Accelerated thing go? You know I am always looking for something new to try :)
Also you overall stats are wonderful…way more than 2# per week, so don’t beat yourself up, you are doing wonderful

Denise~ glad TO worked for you. Stick around and don’t be a stranger