3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - Nov 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/67817-lawl-friends-losers-nov-2005-a.html)

Wrigley 11-30-2005 01:52 PM

has anyone done the TO using the cantalop and oranges/

deetsmom 11-30-2005 02:01 PM

Mary used to do it and she had good results.

Wrigley 11-30-2005 02:12 PM

i have just gotten to the point where i feel like i am wasting my money doing this program. i know that it is working now that i have lost 17lbs, but i am in need of some serious support cause i am ready to rip the heads off of all the people in my center.

mrsbeanie 11-30-2005 02:17 PM

Wrigley - I think we all have moments when the center drives us crazy! I just have decided to do this program and they aren't gonna make me change my mind no matter how much I would like to. i'm sure all of the ladies here would love to give you support and help you continue your journey. I KNOW that this program works, it's not easy but it works!

Star 11-30-2005 02:19 PM

Dawn - I will be watching the news for the "Customer Kills at COD" in rage......lol
Stick around here and you'll get plenty of 'life saving' support....

mrsbeanie 11-30-2005 02:20 PM

I am going back to square one...doing this takeoff for two days and then back to planning my meals in advance...buying the right fruits and veggies and making sure I eat and drink all on my plan! I think that its easy to get off track when i have cheated here and there and still lost the weight...you give in to the thought that you can eat what you want and still lose, well eventually it catches up with you. I have wasted almost all of November playing head games with myself. I am scare to weigh in this week, but I will do it, I will own it and I will move on.

Wrigley 11-30-2005 02:22 PM

thanks for that already. i think if i hear one more time, you did not go to the bathroom and that is why you are up or blah blah are you taking the pills they should be working i think that i might explode.

by the way, i say the prayers for Marbear, what happened?

i am going to start remembering to log on to hear first thing when i get here in the morning.

i am working on finding a place where i can swim that is indoors but the YMCA is so pricey.

shennie_97 11-30-2005 02:26 PM

Angel~ use the morning blend juice.

Beanie and Katie~ and anyone else. I don’t really understand why the unlimited is a better TO if you can’t do lites. Maybe its just me, but since I am so anti-protein, I turned the unlimited into a day full of veggies and probably had on 1 serving of protein by days end. When you do the unlimited are you supposed to at least hit a minimum for protein?

Carmen~ I have found that by weighing every day I can determine a lot of when my body will show the cheats and which cheats take what amount of time. I have found when I did TO that I never loose the first day, usually stay were I am, but sometimes even go up a little. Then the night of the second day, it just disappears. I had a counselor once tell me the same thing happens to her. She also is the one that warned me not to do a 3rd day when I messed up my first day (although another counselor is the one who recommended the 3rd day :) ) and she was right about that…nothing happened and I ended up gaining a little afterwards.

Wrigley~ We have all been there, but I try to realize that bottom line, I have spent the $ so I might as well get them to do the work they promised. At this point you are pretty familiar with the program. So use your knowledge and keep everything in perspective, plus you have us and as we have all learned from Beanie, use that 800 number if you have too.

Beanie~ I am so with you on starting over. December 8 is my goal date for my 155 and I am not going to make it and I know what I have done wrong to not make it. For me the thing that is pushing me know is the fact that eventually I can get off of weight loss and get to new foods. I am only .2 away from 20 pounds lost and I am thinking I will go for another 15 (no more than 20), but I am going to have to stick to this, because by golly this spring I am going to be HOTT and I want to be at goal by Valentines day because that is the only way I can let myself go to Olive Garden for the day :)

mrsbeanie 11-30-2005 02:26 PM

Wrigley - MarBear has posted under the thoughs (ugg) and prayers thread! She explains what happened there!

mrsbeanie 11-30-2005 02:30 PM

Shennie - its gonna be hard for me at least starting over cause just around the corner is Christmas! But like you I want to be sizzlin by next summer and I am so bound and determined to prove to my family that not only CAN i do this but I WILL do this and Shennie I know you WILL too! I am always here to support and help you all in anyway I can...I can be a goof somedays but my heart's in the right place. (it is on the left side right?) ;)

Star 11-30-2005 02:40 PM

Hey you restarters - I'll be starting back up on Monday........unless my doctor has gone crazy and tells me no..........I'll know for sure tomorrow......
Beanie - Your heart is in the right place and lucky us!
Shennie - Olive Garden or bust come VDay.......

Wrigley 11-30-2005 02:50 PM

thanks for all the support so far. like i said i need it. i think the part that gets me is that for 8 weeks i did not lose any weight and they did not do anything about it until i went in there and said LISTEN something is not right then they listened to me. i know that since i have spent the money that i need to keep with it and trust me i will those people just make me crazy and no wonder that make crap for money, and they want me to come and work there. :dizzy:

Chklithunder 11-30-2005 03:15 PM

Star - that's great potential news. Can't wait to have you back-back! I can't go to the Yard yet because of a crazy hectic day today. The foot still hurts, but not so bad so I think I'm ready to continue.

Wrigley - I am not sure which community you live in, but the City of Cleveland has "open swim" at each one of their community centers at least once per day. Its located in the phone book under Dept of Parks and Recreation in the blue pages. Just remember that these centers are nothing fancy, but they do have facilities like indoor pools and saunas, and weight rooms that you can use for free. I've been to the Stella Walsh one at South High School and also Fairfax. I like Fairfax's pool best, but the Walsh exercise center best...go figure. About starting over, just remember that you are not starting over if you're DOWN 17 LBS! That's a small toddler and that is no small feat. Let's just finish TO and get our heads back into the game. I have never been to your center, but I will tell you that at my center there appear to be at least a couple of knowledgeable folks with good advice. Go check them out sometime...

Beanie and Shennie - I know we can do this! I am going to be sooo HAWT by next summer. I'm already on my way. I have to look in the mirror and blow myself a kiss every now and again. Sure I haven't lost nearly as much as I should have by now, but I've LOST, which is something I've never been able to say before. That feels good. My DH says he thinks I'm losing again (this was before Thanksgiving). I sure hope I am.

okay off my :soap:

Wrigley 11-30-2005 03:44 PM

thanks carmen.

i live on the east side in Richmond Heights. I will have to check that stuff out.

i know that i am not starting over, but i just wish that i felt better about the people that are in the center working. i feel like they don't know what they are talking about.

the new manager is nice but like i said is totally only about taking the people who spend the money and the new people. she only takes me if she is the one ready to take me and if no one else is there who spends the money. i guess i just wish that they were a little smarter there. the old manager i had was back and now she is gone again. i guess i just have to stick to it and not let them bother me, but for as much as i see them in a week, i almost see them more than i see my husband. :)

Chklithunder 11-30-2005 03:47 PM

The manager in my center is new, her name is Cindy. I don't know where she came from. Do you know her?