Old 05-10-2005, 09:43 AM   #346  

Hey Slim -
Curves sounds like the perfect place for you! It is circuit training, but it is light weights and you work at cardio speed, all good. What you don't want to do right now is lift heavy weights, light weights are fine. So for starting out and on LAWL Curves fits the ticket.
LAWL still does not promote exercise. We were all trying to figure out why. My personal opinion is that becuz muscle weighs more than fat, you see results in your inces and not the scale and LAWL is all about the scale results.
Also, LA only allows you to work out under 5 hours per week without moving you to a higher calorie plan. For now I'm working out just under 5 hours per week so I can stay on the Gold Plan, otherwise I would workout more.
Hope this helps you alittle.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:20 PM   #347  

Star, your are right about the saying. I sometimes like to think of things in a literal sense, jsut to be He He, well good workouts to everyone, and keep up the hard work.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 02:06 PM   #348  

Star - that helps a lot thanks
BermudaSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 02:14 PM   #349  

Slim - Another reason we don't want to build big muscles when we still have alot of weight to lose is becuz the muscle gets big, but it is still under a layer of fat and therefore it just makes us look bigger.......I know all this becuz I'm going thru the same thing.......
hugs
Old 05-11-2005, 05:27 PM   #350  

Exersice for today: Volleyball game
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:55 AM   #351  

Lots of water today and 2 miles on the treadmill with a bigger incline!
solocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:43 AM   #352  

Default Morning Fit Chicks!

Funny thing about going to my gym. There are two young guys that go every morning, they do the treadmill for about 45 minutes. Well they always bring their Starbuck/Tim Horton's coffe with them on the treadmill - Rain or shine, hung-over or not

Solo - Great way to get pump it up a notch - with the incline

Haylo - Fun way to get the exercise in - something fun like volleyball

Okay went to the gym today (cardio) Stats for fun: In 50 minutes, incline of 1.5, speed 3.9 I burned 285 calories and went 3.10 miles......it was a walk in the park, oh I mean it was a walk in the gym

We chicks ROCK
Old 05-12-2005, 02:22 PM   #353  

Star so true about the big muscles - my daughters are home from college (junior and senior) and told me about the special they are running at curves - bring in two milk tops and get two weeks free. Now I only have to find the milk tops somewhere

Amazing how much support I get by at least telling my family my plans. . . I used to be one of those silent exercise/dieters . . . I guess I thought if I didn't mention it no one would notice that I needed to lose weight

I am going to stop by my local Curves Saturday for the tour and will start my exercise program hopefully that day.

I've been walking (a little) each day so hopefully they have a class for people that are really out of shape That's ok I'll be before you know it
BermudaSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 04:11 PM   #354  

Slim - Curves is great - you work at your own pace - you will do great!
Old 05-12-2005, 09:03 PM   #355  

Ok...so I come home after work and yes, the tree guys have been back to remove the stumps from the trees I had taken down (2). BUT...it now looks like a moon crater! Oh well, nothing like slinging dirt with a shovel to get a good workout!
Old 05-13-2005, 08:16 AM   #356  

Solo - There are some great workouts outside a gym! In this case, in your own backyard - now get slinging....

Last edited by Starlynn; 05-13-2005 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:01 AM   #357  

Wink Some more H20 reading.

from Bally's newsletter:

The Fitness Tip of the Day
Brought to you by Bally Total Fitness.
http://www.ballyfitness.com

Eager to burn more calories? Like many people, you might assume
the answer is to go faster, longer and harder with your aerobic
workouts. Yet as valuable as aerobic exercise is (to your
cardiovascular health as well as to your weight-loss efforts), it
accounts for only a fraction of the calories you expend.

The major factor in calorie burning is your lean muscle mass: the
more you have, the more calories your body uses around-the-clock.
And the best way to increase your muscle mass is to
strength-train. Even a modest weight-training workout three days
a week will have you burning calories at a faster rate.

Don't give up on the treadmill, bike, exercise class or other
cardio workouts; they are extremely important. Just realize that
when it comes to burning calories, they're only part of the
picture. You need to strength-train as well.

The Fitness Tip of the Day
Brought to you by Bally Total Fitness.
http://www.ballyfitness.com

Avoid workout boredom. The exact same workout everyday can lead to loss of interest. For a little variety, add a new piece of equipment to your routine such as a treadmill or stationary bike. Add some free weights and tack on some strength training to your workout. Try alternating the lengths of your sessions. Why not shorten or lengthen your sessions by 15 minutes or so? You can alternate daily between shorter and longer sessions.

MV
videochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 08:43 AM   #358  

Default Morning Fit Chicks

Well I got up early (like always), drove to the gym and waited in the parking lot for the place to open So It usually opens at like 5:45 to 6 a.m. So at 6:05 I got out of the car, grabbed my bag and headed for the door (where afew other regulars were waiting). We chatted for about 10 more minutes and no one showed up to open the gym.

So I decided to use my time wisely and went to WalMart ( ). Bought afew items for the new apartment. Then came to work in my workout clothes and got ready for work here

Guess I will have to work out twice as hard tomorrow. Hope nothing bad happend to the gym employee that usually opens up, she is pretty dependable.

No exercise this past weekend - we got to babysit for our grandbabies, one 4 month old and one 17 month old. They were awesome! There is such a big difference between being a parent and being a grandparent (besides age ). I think that when your the parent, the kids are there but you just do everything else you have to do. When your a grandparent your world stops when the grandbabies come over and they become your world
Old 05-16-2005, 09:18 AM   #359  

"No exercise this past weekend - we got to babysit for our grandbabies, one 4 month old and one 17 month old."

Wait a sec! They make these models of toddlers that are non-exerciseable for their grandparents?? From what I recall...my kids kept me on the go at that age! Glad to hear you had such a good time Starlynn!

I slung dirt and tilled for the weekend...well Friday and Saturday at least. Now if only I could have stayed totally OP! Had more of the, "I'm too tired to eat more food" syndrome, rather than eating really horrible stuff. We'll see when I go to the COD this afternoon. I was still too tired to hop out of bed in time to do the treadmill (I think my hopper is broken this morning).

Thanks for the article about exercise Julie...I have muscles I forgot about after this weekend!
Old 05-16-2005, 09:23 AM   #360  

Default Hi

Solo - It sounds like you got plenty of exercise this weekend! Hope your hopper is feeling better by tomorrow

About the grandbabies, I will add that when the parents picked them up DH took a nap and I flopped on the sofa and zoned out into TV land