Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2001, 11:22 AM   #16  

Default Recipes

Ladybugs,
Welcome to the group! I am thrilled to hear about how others deal with their plan. One thing I was told about at the center I go to is a brocolli chicken.

Dip your chicken breast in FF plain yogurt.
Crush your 2 melba toasts (add some Morton's lite salt)and roll your chicken in that.
Spray your pan with Pam (I use the butter flavored)
Cook it for about 20 - 30 min.
Put your fresh brocolli on top of the chicken and put it back into the oven until your brocolli is bright green, but still crunchy. (You may want to cover your dish with some aluminum foil at this point to keep in the moisture)
Add your favorite low fat cheese and put it back in the oven to melt your cheese.
You've got a one-dish wonder! It tastes wonderful!

I'm not really sure about times because I just go with how the food looks and with my gut feeling on doneness!

I bought the cookbook and it has been a lifesaver since I started because I get bored really quick!
Congratulations on your weightloss. I've been OP 3 weeks and lost 6lbs. I can't use the juice or any of the stuff to accelerate your weight loss so I'm just trying to stick to it the best I can. I'm at that point though that I start picking and cheating "just a little"until it gets out of hand and I quit. I'm trying to recognize it and admit it to myself so I'll get back on track and stay that way! I still have self-doubt which plagues me because I've not had any luck over the last 4 yrs with weight loss, so I've gotten myself into a rut of self doubting and lack of self
confidence.

I'm glad this message board is here so I can learn that I a not perfect and don't have to be! I gained 3/4 lb this week but not to worry, I'm back OP today!
Thanks for all the encouragement and comraderie!
Janie
Old 04-30-2001, 08:54 AM   #17  

Hi, everyone!!!

I weighed in Friday and lost 3 pounds. I have been maintaining and I was so glad the scale moved. I don't expect to see a big loss at weigh in today.

I am not purchasing the bars anymore. They are too expensive. I have other things I need to spend our money on. Over the weekend we did some comparison shopping for other bars. I found the advantEDGE bars (the ones advertised on TV) for .77 a bar at Phar More (sp?). It would practically cut my cost in half from what I spend on LA Lites. I am going to buy a few today and see if I like them and I still lose. They are very close to the same as LA lites, low sodium and low fat etc.. I am getting sick of LA Lites anyway. I have a while to go and I won't be able to eat them that long. I know I will reach goal in time so I am not worried.

The green plan does seem small. I am on purple right now but when I lose 6 more pounds I switch to gold. Anyone else on gold? If so, how do you like it? I get hungry sometimes now. I am wondering if it will make me hungry at all?

Well, I better go now. I have to take my kids to the dentist before weigh in.

Karen
Old 04-30-2001, 10:51 AM   #18  

Karen,

I am on gold and have been since I started. Sometimes I am hungry, but other times I have difficulty getting in all my fruits. I don't know. I have been fiddling with the same 2 pounds for a month. I was down 2 lbs today at weigh in. I did juice on Saturday, and then was sick on Sunday with a stomach thing. I couldn't eat until about 3 pm, so I didn't even get all my exchanges in. I went to the center this morning and asked about what to do with the 1/2 a bottle of juice I still have in the refrig. They called corportate and was told, that I could do one additional day with my 1/2 a bottle. Good thing since that stuff is expensive. I still feel kind of weak and blah today and just did my 1/2 hour of weight training and 10 minutes of abdominals with my trainer.

Let me know how the advantage bar is. Is that like that Atkins bar? .77 cents is low. The price of the lites is a little out of control!!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Sara
Old 04-30-2001, 11:59 AM   #19  

Default Juice

What is the deal with the juice? I wanted to do it but I had 2 people tell me that I couldn't do it because I'm on antidepressants. I really don't understand that. I looked on the bottle and there is nothing that interacts with my
meds, like some of the supplements do. I asked why and I got 2 different stories. Neither seemed to really know why it was not recommended for people on ADs.

Mom, what exactly is it that you eat on those juice days.
Did you notice a difference? How much is the juice? I'm thinking about not doing the bars anymore either. I'm getting tired of them after only 3 weeks and they are definitely out of control "cost wise"!

Karen, I'll be interested to know how the advantEDGE bars work. Keep us posted! .77 is a good deal!

Gotta go weigh in today! I'm shooting for a loss today!
I'll let you know!

Have a great day!
Janie
Old 04-30-2001, 12:11 PM   #20  

Days that you drink the juice are 4 0unces of juice plus 4 ounces of water, drink this 4x day. Other food is only 2 LA lites, 2 vegetables and 6oz of cooked protein. I get hungry and cranky on day 2. I did it 2 other times and lost about 3-4 lbs in the 2 days. I haven't rebounded from it either. Have you tried all of the LA lite flavors? I really love the peanut butter and the chocolate crunch. I really look forward to them daily and haven't gotten bored with them yet. Hope you find some flavors you like.
Sara
Old 04-30-2001, 12:23 PM   #21  

Mom2,
I've really have liked the chocolate crunch and peanut butter/chocolate. I like the honey nougat too. I'm just getting tired. I may try the drinks since it's getting warmer. They can be frozen and mixed with fruit for a milkshake or "pseudo-ice cream". It might be a nice change.

I don't know if the juice is for me, not enough food!!! I'd be cranky too. I wish you luck on it. Let me know how it goes for you! I'm trying really hard to not make this harder than it is! I'm trying to have a positive outlook.
Thanks for your input to this thread, makes me know that I can do this!
Janie
Old 04-30-2001, 03:47 PM   #22  

Default advantEDGE Bars

Hi, everyone! I just tried the Edge bars. Not too bad. They taste different but they are about half price so I am going to buy them. I weighed in today with a 2 1/2 loss and I lost 3 pounds Friday. I don't think the LA Lites are as good as they tell us. The first ingredient in the Edge bars is protein. I looked at the lies and they are lower in protein. I told the center today I won't buy anymore because I can't afford it. I am in a really good position because I am losing. I had only 1 LA Lite since last wed and I am actually losing more! I have also tried the Gatorade bars peanut butter and chocolate flavors. I love the peanut butter one it was .99 at my grocery store. it tastes like a rice crispy treat and it feels like I am having junk food. I may switch around with them and edge bars. I looked for the Luna bars they are too expensive here about 1.49 a bar. I am going to keep looking for cheaper ones though.

Bela, don’t worry PMS messes us all up. You will lose soon! Just don’t give up!!

Terry, I am glad you had a nice trip!! I visited your homepage. It was nice! My hubby is in the Navy. He used to go to sea on A submarine for months at a time. I know how excited you must be that hubby is
coming home!!!

LadyBug, I love Spicy ranch chicken. I don’t have an exact recipe but here goes anyway:

Coat chicken breast with one serving of FF Ranch Dressing.
Then sprinkle with the following
garlic powder
red pepper
chili powder
black pepper
Morton Lite salt (optional)

Bake or grill until no longer pink. I love this stuff it is yummy. You can use just about any flavor of creamy dressing and it tastes rich when you bake it. I have just adjusted all my old recipes since joining LA weightloss.

Sara, I saw the Atkins bar. I am not sure if it is the same. The Edge Bars taste pretty good to me. I think it is worth it. Thanks for the juice info. I don’t think I could do it. I have been pretty good about breaking plateau’s. I eat most of my food at the beginning of the day. I lose a lot that way.

Well, I don’t think I skipped anyone. I hope everyone is doing OK today!
Karen
Old 04-30-2001, 04:12 PM   #23  

Karen,
Any other recipes? The Spicy Ranch chix looks great!
Congrats on your weight loss! Thanks for the info on the bars. I would hate for us all to boycott! I can't afford them! I'm trying to get out of debt !

If anyone has any recipes, put them out there. It would
really help!Thanks,
Janie
Old 04-30-2001, 10:54 PM   #24  

Default Been gone a long time

once again i was waiting on the email to let me know about a new post, and never got one.

I am glad to see that everyone is doing so well and that there are so many people on this board.

Terry, It sounds like such an exciting time. I am so happy for you.

I will have to read all the posts and get to know all the new people.

I haven't been doing so well. I really need to buckle down. I have continued exercising, but my old eating habits keep sneaking up on me.

Talk to you later,
Crystal
Old 05-01-2001, 09:50 AM   #25  

Default Hang in there!

Crystal,
Are you still OP? I have found that working the program is the best thing you can do for yourself. I have found some really interesting info about myself that may be of
help to you and anyone else that has a problem with starches. I really find that starches are my biggest trigger for cheating! The other night it was my "beef" night, so I wanted Wendy's Chili. That was safe but I forgot to tell them not to put crackers in my sack. It was as if the crackers were calling my name to eat with the chili! The chili counted as 1V, 1S and 1P. I ate at least 8 of the crackers, then rummaged thru the cabinets for more. I was still wanting to eat when I got done, I was full to the brim though. So later, I was still hungry and ate a piece of cake that my daughter had made (lemon with cream cheese icing!!! ) It was wonderful, but I paid dearly for it! No weight gain but physically I felt horrible.
I didnt' like feeling those carb cravings! I'm better to stick with my 3 starches (soon to be 2) that are unlimited! It's a hard reality but true for me, which I have to accept! Don't give up! You are in the right place!
Janie
Old 05-01-2001, 10:10 AM   #26  

Janie,

I have the same problem with carbs. My husband went to BJ's and bought the hughest barrel of pretzels. They have been calling my name very loudly. I think I am going to move them to another cabinet where I will forget about them a little. Once I get started, it is hard to stop. I know the feeling well. I get 2 starches a day. Sometimes it is better if I don't even have those. I am also pms'ing which doesn't help. Keep hanging in there.
Sara
Old 05-01-2001, 04:14 PM   #27  

Hi everyone!!!!!
Just a fast note to say hi to everyone! and hoping you are all doing GREAT!!!!!
Well--I weighed in today and gained two pounds---YOYOING---I haven't been really drinking TOO much water the last few days and I hadn't going to the bathroom in a few days.
There is a new counselor at our site--and I felt really motivated with her. I had brought water with me to drink after I weighed in and to drink on my way to work. By the time I got there, I had drank 50 ounces of water!!! Needless to say. I went to the bathroom 3 times between 10am and 12pm!!!!!!!!
I just bulked another 20 boxes today. They were $10.50/box. I agree with you all that it is A LOT of money, but, if it is helping me lose the weight--why switch to another brand.
Back on track. My goal is to lost 10 pounds by Memorial Day weekend.
Take Care
Margaret
42 pounds gone!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2001, 04:53 PM   #28  

mom and janie - I know what you mean about the carbs. I am the same way. I am late for my period and feel like I have been pms'ing for two weeks. I'll be glad when it is over. I have taken a pregnancy test so I know I am not pregnant. We have been careful. The last time I quit my BCP, I was a week late as well. I haven't been keeping my journal and really being loose with my eating habits. I am on stabilization and I am taking it too far I am going to get back on track.

Maggiemay- I know what you mean. I have gotten this far. I know that I can get farther. You can too. Water is important. Sounds like you were floating

Talk to you later,
Crystal
Old 05-02-2001, 07:00 PM   #29  

I weighed in the same as Monday today. Not too bad since I got my period this AM. I then came home and hit those darn pretzels. Ok, I'm pushing water and eating light the rest of the day. Those pretzels have got to go. I am pushing them to the kids and hubby. They can handle them. I can hope for a loss Friday. Salad and an apple for dinner. LA lite before bed. Thats it!!!!! Water, water Water.
Old 05-02-2001, 08:59 PM   #30  

I just got back from Aerobics. I feel very good. I hope everyone is doing well. Did not do well today. I have been having a lot of emotions. I just wish my period would come!!! I will talk to you all later,
Crystal
Closed Thread