Old 04-28-2003, 01:50 PM   #16  

Angry THANKS

KIT, THANKS you will get back with it. I was off this weekend so up and up up today.. got to really work at it. weighin thursday instead of friday am... we all need a get away at times. i ate bread this weekend. not really a bread eater. but when off crave it i guess.ha but today i am back to it and sounds like you are to. good for you. at least we can say we go back and do not throw the towel in.... that is why its so different when we go off our programs. we do know how to get back to them and stay with them. i walked all weekend everyday that is... well get with you program now. you can do it and will..... have a great day.

ALEKA, hope your weekend was good one... bread here.ha well i amback with it today.....

BREAKFAST.... scramble egg with stewed tomatoes, glass of milk.
that is as far as i have gotten.ha
had my walk in this am and everyday weekend. Have a great day. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 10:54 AM   #17  

Thumbs down Good morning....

LaDean, how did your eating go yesterday? Mine went fairly well. I started counting points again. Hopefully I'll be able to get those 2 lbs. off. That's great you got your walking in over the weekend. We just got back from our walk a little while ago. We don't go very far or walk very fast because of my back problem, so we take Lacee with us. The arm I hold the leash in gets a good workout Lacee says WOOF to Tuffy.

Kathy, have you done the Slim Series yet? If so, how is it? I also gained 2 lbs. from last week. My eating wasn't all that great either. This week I'm going to try a little harder to eat right and try and get as much walking in as possible.

4/28:
B: 1 C. shredded wheat cereal w/1C. strawberries, 1/2C. blueberries, and 1C skim milk. Black coffee...no sugar
L: salad w/2 oz. turkey breast, 1/8C. almonds, & 2 Tbsp. regular salad dressing, diet soda.
D: stuffed peppers 1/3C. brown rice, diet soda
Snack: sugar-free jello w/2 Tbsp. lite Cool Whip. Black decaf coffee...no sugar

Have a good day.
Aleka
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 04:21 PM   #18  

Hi guys!

I manage to have my first successful day OP w/ WW yesterday. That's the plan i'll be doing for a while. I'm so tried of the quick fixes and i've gotten no where w/ them but whinding up 5# heavier!

Aleka-Sorry you gained a little! What plan are you doing?

LaDean- Are you still bread free?

Menu for 4/28 Mon.
Breakfast- 1/2c oatmeal, 1c 1% milk, 3 egg whites
Lunch- Lean Cuisine entree, 1c veggies, diet soda, apple & 15 WOW chips
Snack- Balance bar
Dinner- Healthy Choice entree, 1c veggies, diet soda, graham crackers & strawberries w/ cool whip!

Kathy
Kitkat3NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 06:22 AM   #19  

Angry Hey there!!

Kathy, that's good news you stayed OP with WW. I have decided to go back to counting points myself, and also try to count fiber. WW worked for me before where other diets have failed.

LaDean, if you see this post before you leave for your trip, have a great time and safe traveling.

Take care and have a great day.
Aleka
Old 04-30-2003, 09:24 AM   #20  

Hi all,

I had another good day yesterday, I made sure to get my workout in and stay OP!

4/29 Menu Tue
Breakfast- 1/2c oatmeal, 1c 1% milk, 3 egg whites
Lunch- Healthy Choice entree, 1c veggies, apple, 10z WOW chips, diet soda
Snack- Balance bar
Dinner-Lean Cuisine entree, 1c veggies, diet soda, 1c strawberries, graham cracker.

LaDean- How are you doing on the diet? Are you having just meat and veggies and fats? When can you have bread, fruit,etc?

Aleka- Nice to hear that you've lost weight on WW before, i've never really given it a chance in the past.

Kathy
Old 05-01-2003, 10:54 AM   #21  

Hi there,

Kathy, I've joined WW so many times and for one reason or another stop going, just like this time. I guess I just get sick of dieting. I seem to be able to lose about 12 lb. fairly easy, but then stall and I get discouraged and quit. Glad you had another good day. Good for you for getting your workout in. My eating went well yesterday and I got a little walk in.

LaDean, hope you're having fun.

menu for 4/30
B: 1C. shredded wheat cereal, 1/4C. blueberries, 1/2C. strawberries, 1C. skim milk, coffee
L: turkey sandwich made with 2 slices light bread, 2 oz. turkey breast, 1 slice low-fat cheese, 1 oz. baked Lays potato chips, iced tea w/equal.
D: 1C whole-wheat blend pasta, 1/2 C. pasta sauce, 1/2 chicken breast left over from the other night, diet soda
Snack: 1/2 C. white chocolate fat-free/sugar-free pudding, decaf coffee...black, no sugar.

Have a good day.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:51 AM   #22  

Hi all,

Aleka- I am trying to look at food on another level these days. I'm still here trying to loose the same 50#, 30# i'd like to see gone in a flas but that's just not going to happen, so i'm trying not to put a label on anything. I feel like when I say i'm on WW or LAWL, Atkins, etc, like that one label has control over me and then I rebel and binge and the cycle starts all over again. So from now on i'll be using WW as a guide to and will stick to my pt range and try to not have as many starches. How many pounds do you have to loose?

LaDean- How's the diet going? You also, how many more pounds do you have to loose?

Ladies i've been trying to be starch free for at least 3 days in a row and today is day 2 of that, it's so hard but it will be worth it.

Menu 4/30 Wed.

Breakfast- 2eggs, lslice of cheese, 3strips of turkey bacon
Lunch- chicken and broccoli in garlic sauce, diet soda
Dinner- chicken and broccoli in garlic sauce, diet soda

Kathy
Old 05-02-2003, 06:32 AM   #23  

Angry TGIF!

Kathy, is it getting easier for you being starch free? I sometimes go into Suzanne's site just to see what's brewing over there, and there usually is something going on! Somebody posted about the new Atkins diet book, Atkins for Life, which I assume is his maintenance book. You get a set amount of carbs to eat for the day, she mentioned 40-45, and you can eat whatever you wanted for carbs just as long you stayed within that 40-45 limit. She thought it similar to counting points on WW. I am wondering if you could do this and lose weight instead of starting out with his more stricter plan. I am almost tempted to get the book. I have about 20 lb. I would like to lose, but would settle for 15 lb. I know what you mean about wanting to rebel against a diet plan when you have to give up something. I am back to drinking regular coffee in the morning. That's what I like about WW, don't have to cut anything out.

LaDean, how did you do on the South Beach Diet last week and how was your weigh-in at TOPS?

5/1 menu:
B: (ate breakfast out) 2 eggs, 3 links sausage, raisen toast, a few homfries, coffee
L: 1C. blackbean soup w/turkey ham added in, reduced fat triscuits, Healthy Valley oyster crackers (made without hydrogenated oils), diet soda
D:cheeseburger on lite bun, baked french fries, iced tea
Snack: 1/2 C. white chocolate sugar-free/fat-free pudding, 2Tablesp. lite Cool Whip

Have a great weekend.
Aleka

Last edited by aleka; 05-02-2003 at 06:36 AM.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:53 AM   #24  

Hi everyone!

It has been 5days since i've been doing the SS and I have already lost 1/2in in my thighs and hips!

I've been OP and not cheating at all! Yesterday was rough but some sugar free cherry jello help me through it!

Aleka- Today is day 3 of being starch free, and it's seems much easier today than yesterday, getting past 3days is the hardest part for me and I have all but made it! I like WW to and you don't feel depreived at all! I think you could just make sure to not have more than 2 starches a day, count each starch as a limit to 20gms of carbs each, 2 starches would equal 40. Keep to low sugar fruits and I think you'd loose. I'm basically doing induction right now, but if I call it that i'll start going hogwild!lol so you have 15-20# to loose? That's not bad! I'd like to loose 30# before my vacation in July but I know that's not possible, but what ever I can will do!

LaDean- How is the diet going? Are you still bread free? I'm bascially doing the same as you for the moment.

Menu for 5/1 Thu
Breakfast-2eggs, 3strips turkey bacon, 1 slice cheese
Lunch-1/2 chicken baked, no skin, green veggies, diet soda, jello
Dinner- Mcdonalds new salad- chicken breast & lettuce, diet soda, jello

Kathy
Old 05-04-2003, 01:06 AM   #25  

Angry sorry

ALEKA AND KIT. SO SORRY I HAVE NOT BEEN ON. THIS HAS TO BE FAST BEFORE THIS COMPUTER GOES BLACK OUT. HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IT. HAVE BEEN GONE FRIDAY AND JUST GOT HOME TONITE. ITS NOT WORKING THIS MACHINE. GOT A NEW ONE ORDERED. BE A WEEK THEN NEPHEW WILL HELP ME PUT IT TOGETHER AND ALL. SO I HAVE MISSED YOU BOTH. I NEVER KNOW WHEN THIS THING WILL GO OUT WHEN IT WARMS UP IT DOES. RIGHT IN MIDDLE OF SOMETHING. WANTED YOU TO KNOW WHY I HAVE NOT BEEN ON.... ANYHOW WENT OFF EATING PLAN WHILE AT MY TOPS CONVENTION. WILL GET CAUGHT UP AS I CAN. GLAD THE BOTH OF YOU ARE DOING FINE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I AM DOING GOOD OR WAS BUT WAS UP 3/4 THURSDAY WEIGH IN. GOT ON BREAD SOME. BUT AS OF TOMORROW ITS BACK TO BEING GOOD. HA TUFFY IS FINE GLAD TO SEE ME. WOOF TO LACEE HE SAYS. I WILL BE SO GLAD WHEN I GET MY NEW ONE. SO I WILL KEEP IN TOUCH AS I CAN. AS FOR NOW THIS IS THE LONGEST ITS BEEN ON. SO GOING BEFOFE IT DOES AND I CANNOT GET THIS NOTE OUT...... GOOD LUCK. LaDean
Old 05-05-2003, 07:08 AM   #26  

Angry Monday morning....

LaDean, it's nice to see you back. Sorry about your computer. It's amazing how we lived so long without a computer, and now that we have one we can't live without it! Did you have a nice time at your TOPS convention? The 3/4 lb. could have been water retention.

Kathy, losing inches and staying OP is fantastic!! The SS is really working for you. You go girl! Yesterday on Amazon I bought Atkins latest diet book, Atkins for Life. I've been reading good things about it, where he gives you a wide range of carb grams to eat everyday. I don't know if it is a continuation of his maintenance phase, but I figured any reduction in carbs would be beneficial. I thought I would add 15 - 20 gm. of carbs to my meals and to my snacks. You might lose 30 lbs. by the time your vacation rolls around, if not, then you'll be that much closer to your goal. Where are you planning on going for your vacation? My cousin & I are planning a trip to your fair city at Christmastime. We go with a tour group every other year and this is our year! The last 2 times we went the weather was so warm that we didn't need our coats, and it seemed weird looking at Christmas decorations in the warmth. Last time we went we saw the NBC news team filming a Christmas commercial at the skating rink in Rockafeller (sp?) Center. That was fun to watch. Hopefully I'll lose those 20 lb. before we go.

My eating wasn't all that great over the weekend.

5/3 menu:
B: shredded wheat cereal w/1C. strawberries, 1/2C. blueberries, 1C. skim milk, black coffee
L: turkey sandwich on 2 slices light bread, low-fat cheese, 1 oz. baked potato chips.
D: Boca Burger on light bun, 1 oz. baked potato chips, lite beer
Snack: 4 or 5 sugar free fugdsicles throughout the day (don't ask)

5/4 menu:
B: shredded wheat cereal w/1C strawberries, 1/2C. blueberries, 1C. skim milk, black coffee
L:salad w/soy nuts and regular salad dressing
D: pasta w/3 turkey meatballs and parm. cheese ontop, lite beer
Snack: fruit and black decaf coffee

Take care and have a great day.
Aleka

Last edited by aleka; 05-05-2003 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:13 AM   #27  

Hi,

Sorry i've been MIA since last week but I've been going through depression. I didn't gain back the 3# that I lost last week, THANK GOD! Because i've been eating nothing but P&J sandwichs since the weekend. Yesterday I did pretty ok, but not to great.

Breakfast- 2 eggs, 3 slice turkey bacon, 1 slice lite cheese
Lunch-chinese 1c chicken and lots of broccoli, diet soda, jello, 15 WOW chips
Dinner- 3 lite P&J sandwichs, some graham crackers.

LaDean- Don't worry about messing up, you have a lot going on right now, hopefully you'll get your computer back up soon.

Aleka- So theres a new Atkins book? Does it require you do the induction the same way? Do they add more carbs in after induction and change the kind of carbs you can eat now?

Kathy
Old 05-08-2003, 06:30 PM   #28  

Angry Hi!

Kathy, sorry to hear about your depression. I hope you are doing better. From what I've read on different posts on Suzanne's site, is that in the new Atkins book, you count carbs like you would points on WW. I'm sure this book was meant for maintenance, but I don't see why you couldn't lose weight even though you don't go through the induction phase. Quite a lot of people on Suzanne's site are combining both, using her recipes and counting carbs.

LaDean, did you get your new computer? We had computer problems ourselves a few days ago. Our computer is fairly new and we had trouble with the hard drive. A tech came out the other day and gave us a new hard drive, then we had to put everything back. It was a pain.

My eating hasn't been very good, so I won't post any of my menus.

Take care.
Aleka
Old 05-10-2003, 08:40 PM   #29  

Angry I AM BACK YEHHHHHHHHH

ALEKA AND KIT, LACEE TO. i am back i am so happy. just got my new computer set up few minutes ago. had to get right on. i love it. its so fast.ha so aleka your with ww points again... I think that is what i am going to do also. i just cannot not eat the bread and i am not a meat eater. so i decided hey just watch the bread and starches and high pt things. so i will be on it to then. Kit are you still ss ??? I have not got caught up on your notes i just had to drop in first.ha ha ha this has been so bad i have gained last 2 weeks. no computer is why.ha ha i had lost 4 weeks in row. so back to normal and scedule not. woooffffffff tuffy has not missed it all that much. gets more attention from me but he says he missed you Laceee.ha well hey got to get some emailing done and let everyone now i am in the world again..... i will get caught up on here also..... LaDean
Old 05-12-2003, 07:14 AM   #30  

Angry

LaDean, glad to see you are back and have your new computer up and running. Does Tuffy mind thunder storms? We had a few around us last night and they got Lacee upset. She never used to mind them, but last summer one of our neighbors set off a lot of fireworks and ever since then thunder storms bother her. Don't worry about gaining these past couple of weeks. I haven't been very good myself, and I've also gained. The WW point counting lasted 2 meals.

Kathy, how are you doing? I hope that you are doing ok.

Take care and have a great Monday!
Aleka