Old 08-28-2009, 12:41 PM   #61  
Amy

Hey guys! Happy Friday!!!!

I have been lurking as I have not been doing so well on the weightloss front. I have been sick for over a week now. I first thought it was allergies, then a cold, but I am back to allergies now. We're living in my in-laws basement, and I think the mold is making us sick.

About a month ago, my husband took down the drop ceiling tiles in spots for the plumber to come and fix a major leak. We haven't put the tiles back up yet, and I am thinking that the mold is what is making us so sick. UGH, we cannot get out of there soon enough!! September 17th is our settlement date!

Well, we're off to VA Beach tomorrow for a week, I am soooo excited!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian, Oh no! I know you can deal with this, anyone who can do the shred 30 days in a row can do just about anything they set their mind to do. At least it is not Iraq and at least he gets a whole year at home with his baby X.

Amy, I'm allergic to mold to, it may well be causing you problems. You'll have to see if you feel really a lot better when you are away. Sept 17th is going to be here soon anyway!

Last edited by BarbaraB; 08-28-2009 at 01:31 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #63  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

thanks for the support ladies! it's going to be tough but we've known about this since last year. it's just now being announced and orders are official. I appreciate all of the support.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #64  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Jillian - You know we will be here for you, as always.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #65  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Oh Jillian. I am so sorry to hear that. But you are one tough cookie. You will make it through this. And each and every one of us will be here to help you when needed.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:45 PM   #66  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Jillian- I am so sorry to hear about the deployment. Thank you so much for the sacrifices your family makes. I know that doesn't make it feel better, but I wanted to say it.

Kristin- step parenting has to be hard. Parenting is hard enough with my own kids! I have a nephew who sounds similar to your future step son. He is bigger sized and would come home and I'd found out kids took all kinds of things from him including video games. It made me furious, because my mother always championed an underdog and taught us to do the same. I hate to see people picking on someone! My sister handled it by going on every field trip with him to monitor his school environment as best as she could. She eventually felt the need to transfer him to a private Christian school that focuses on instilling KINDNESS and Christ's love as much as academics. If you start excluding and bullying on the playground, guess what...recess is OVER! They give discipleship awards to the student in every grade who embodies Christ's love for others. It is a huge honor that my youngest nephew actually won this past year. I guess it is sheltering your kids somewhat, but ya know...I don't think a child should have to be beaten down and have their spirit broken. Some kids just can't deal as well as others and I think an extra step or two is good for those kids. They need to know they are worth it. I don't know if you could consider doing private school or what, but at least consider doing field trips with him or talking to the parents about volunteering in the class. It might help them see your FSS as a person with a famiy who loves him and not just a punching bag. Good luck!

I'm doing ok. I'm so over this, but my hubby keeps me chugging along! He's lost over 20 lbs. I think I've lost still just the 10. I need a second wind.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #67  
Super Mom

S/C/G: 179.4/149/135.0

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem311 View Post
thanks for the support ladies! it's going to be tough but we've known about this since last year. it's just now being announced and orders are official. I appreciate all of the support.
My husband just got back on Saturday from his 3rd deployment. It is hard especially if you have little ones. I've been doing this for 17yrs, and he has hit every deployment....well at least it seems that way. I don't know how long you have been in it but it is hard but well worth the effort. I am very proud of my husband and I'm sure you are too. Just take it one day at a time and the year will fly by. It did for me. Good Luck to you.
SexySagittarius is offline   Reply With Quote