Old 08-04-2009, 11:20 AM   #16  
Amy

Hey guys!

We're going at 12 to the house to meet up with the home inspector, then hopefully puting in an offer this afternoon! Ahh!! I am so excited!

The good news is that the home is move-in ready, the only initial costs are going to be a fridge and a sink. (There are NO appliances there now, except for an oven.) Thanks for the advice DixieAmy- after this mortgage crisis, we're especially careful! There is a 900 sq ft addition that is 85% finished, bt there is NO rush to complete it. The main house is MORE than enough space for me and DH.

Yey, the process of moving is going to do WONDERS for me dietwise. (SARCASM) If we can get a fridge soon enough, I will do my darndest to stay OP!

Well, have a great day guys! I will post some pics of the house soon!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Tuesday to you all!!!

Amy- good luck with the house. hope it all works out.

Barbara- great job on day one!! it gets somewhat easier..

Jillian- way to go on 16 days straight.- I misses Saturday so that puts me a day behind...

dixieAmy- medicine weight gain is the worst!! It will come off, you have been doing great!!!

Heather- good to see you again!!!

Kids started school yesterday!! I am so happy to get back in the swing of things. Football offically starts tonight we have a scrimmage against some big ole farm boys so I am nervous for my boys. My MIL is doing much better she has been smoke free for 2 weeks which is wonderful for her and she has lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks, which I am sure it is fluid but sure wish I would loose like that!!! The baby I told you about last week is doing better and there may not be any permanent damage just some development issues and we found her a good home so hopefully she has a great life to look forward too. This week has been in the 90's and humid but it is August and totally expected.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Amy M, Well it sure ain't easier the second day! Ow! And Jillian Michaels can not tell time. That shred is almost 28 minutes not 20! I admit to being a clock watcher during exercise. So 2 days down. I know I won't make 30 in a row, since we are going camping next week and there are no DVD's in camping, but I can do 30 days of exercise in a row. So that is my goal. When I don't go to the gym or on a hike or bike ride, I'll do the shred. Hopefully the 3rd time tonight is the charm for it starting to get a bit easier.

It is also day 3 of one cup of coffee a day. I slept really great last night, so perhaps that is how makes a difference. Better sleep.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Hi guys! I've been kind of busy since finding my dog last week. I want to make sure he's exercised properly since he's used to running free for several hours a day and is now an inside dog, so I've been walking him twice a day for about 45 minutes each walk. I also got Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer, its not really 10 minutes total... its 10 min per workout and they recommend you do at least 2. It is a good workout, I've done it two days and have poured sweat each time.

I tried the kashi 7 whole grain pilaf yesterday, its DELICIOUS! If you love brown rice, you gotta try this!

I'm going on 4 weeks no kids and some days am teetering on tears on and off all day... I miss them, but they are having an awesome time in Colorado with grandma and grandpa!

anyway, just wanted to stop in to say hi!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #20  

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone, I am just checking in. Scale was up Monday as was to be expected after a long weekend and TOM about to occur...working hard this week to see a loss come Friday
WOrk is crazy busy and we're still trying to figure out mortgage stuff and having way too much fun this summer! haha. Camping this weekend for FH's ball tournament which should be fun, then hopefully a weekend at home finally next weekend!
I hope to attempt the 30 day challenge on Wii Active again once the weather cools off and I am not away so much. For now, the walks outside and just getting outside are feeling great
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'9"

Hi I've been looking around here the past couple weeks and decided to start LAWL. Since their are no centers in my area I've ordered the plan for home and am really learning a lot on the forum.
kimintexassahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Welcome kimintexassahm, Is your name Kim?
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #23  

Yes my name is Kim. Thanks for the welcome!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #24  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone,

Still plugging away up here. Work is not good but it may be coming to an end a whole lot sooner than I expected. So stress just isn't the word right now. We go in every day unsure what bomb is bout to be dropped on us. But I am taking it one day at a time and try to unwind a bit at night when I am home. I am a natural worrier so that doesn't help things either. I may explore the back to school route if I do get laid off. I am checking into that option as well.

I actually haven't weighed myself in a little over a week so I don't know how thats going. But I haven't been eating enough - I know that. That's always my downfall. But maybe tomorrow will be better..

Have a good evening everyone. With all this talk of the shred - I may just have to think about ordering it. I keep tabs on you guys to see how its going first
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #25  

Sorry to hear about your job stress. I guess that is one of the good things about being a stay at home mom. Job stability. However, I do know stress and worry. My DH and I took the kiddos for a 3 mile bike tonight and that definitely helped me unwind.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:22 AM   #26  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Happy Birthday Nicole!!!

:balloon s:
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #27  

Good morning all. I finished my 2 days of TO and lost 2 lbs. Whoo hoo. Even if it is "water weight" the loss on the scale is enough to motivate me.
Amy when you go to buy a fridge check to see if Lowes or Home Depot has a floor model available. My DH and I bought a foreclosure and we got wonderful appliances for a great deal that way. Also if you have a habitat for humanity restore in the area, is another great way to find deals.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #28  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

happy birthday nicole!!! hope you're enjoying your day!

so I'm done with day 17 of the 30..and I decided to do level 3 today..boy was that a mistake! too much jumping for me. i'm going back to level 2 tomorrow. just not ready for level 3 yet...but I will be eventually.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Happy birthday Nicole,I almost had a typo and spelled your name with a 'd' instead of an 'e' at the end... sorry

Welcome Kim! Not too far from you, is it hotter than **** there also??? I think so as I was just there a couple of weeks ago and didn't feel any cooler!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #30  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!

Things are looking up for me scale wise. I have finished the steroids, so the scale is moving back down.

AmyM. Glad to hear about your MIL and the baby. Good luck with school starting back. Does that mean somewhat of a break for you with all the kids in school, or double your load with all the extra school work?

Welcome Kim.

Happy Birthday Nichole.

Katie: Whats up with your posts? Only the HB to Nichole for this week? Are you cutting back on posting too? LOL

Alannah: Have you started looking for another job yet? Are you in a specialized field with minimal opportunities? It must be horrible not knowing what each day holds when you go in to work each day.

BTW: The office cookout is starting. I'm not worried. Not even interested in more than the 3oz beef patty that I can have with lettuce, tomato and onion. I brought my Double Fiber Bread so, I'm good. I will let you know if I cave. )
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote