Old 08-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #46  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Lettie- The first day of any new exercise is usually killer because you are using some muscles that you are not used to using. I love walking but the minute I do weights, I can't move my arms the next day. Good for you to start the shred. I have been wanting to also do it but just haven't.
By the way, I love your new picture that you put up. You look great!

Amy- I bought a new fridge and stove a couple of months ago and I was so excited about them so I totally know how pumped you are about new appliances. Its funny!

So I bought a puppy last night. I put a photo of her on my profile picture. She is a lively one. It's like having another baby. We haven't agreed on a name for her yet but hopefully she will have one by the weekend.
My other dog doesn't quite know what to think of her yet. I think right now she is just a bit ticked off but I am sure that they will become friends over time. It's the jealousy thing!

Gotta run

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #47  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

hey everyone,

I'm still here. Taking it one day at a time at work and waiting till we get more news. Hopefully mid next week maybe I'll hear more. This weekend I am going to get my resume up to date and get interview skills refreshed a bit. Then start applying for some stuff. There's not exactly a lot up this way but even if I stay where I am and get moved to anither position (not likely, maybe 50-50) I am going to look around as I don't think the company is stable and this could happen again any time.

Joan - the new pooch is adorable!

We have been trying all summer to nail down what's causing skin problems in Chancey (black lab). Now she is going to become a vegetarian...she doesn't know this of course but her new food is vegetarian. We are trying to see if maybe she is allergic to something in her food. She is so itchy its just awful at times. She's on some meds though to help that in the short term so her fur can recover where she keeps scratching at herself.

Hope everyone is having a good day...I'll check in later..

Alannah
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

I need to get back and do the shred tonight I guess. I did two days and then took a break... I don't think I can handle 30 days in a row. I'll leave that for you youngsters.

Tonight I'm also going to take a bike ride, as I bought a new road bike last weekend and I'm dying to try it out in a longer ride. We didn't pick it up from the bike store until late on Sunday though, so this is my first opportunity. We are thinking of taking a vacation in the San Juan Islands and doing a lot of biking there next month. I think I may be committed to going back packing too. We're going camping next week for a few days, and will probably do some long day hikes... my DH sent me a 13 mile round trip hike today, and I'm actually considering it.... which means we'll go. Any trail named Nanny Ridge sounds steep to me though....
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:23 AM   #49  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

done with day 19 of the shred!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #50  

Height: 5'6

Wow Jillian, way to go with the Shred! If it's anything like the Wii Active 30 day challenge, you are my idol! At least on the Active we got rest days! lol

I am down another 1.2 lbs this week. Not as much as I need to keep on track to reach my goal but I'll take it! Maybe I can make up some extra next week...though we are going camping for a ball tournament this weekend so could be tough...would be better if I was actually playing but I just get to watch this time around
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:39 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'9"

We took the family yesterday to Fiesta TX San Antonio to see the Wiggles. It was a blast, but super duper hot (105) I was so worried I'd gain weight because we drank soda and poweraide all day. That's then only thing they will let you refill for free and you can't bring any drinks or food into the park. Luckily when I am hot I don't like to eat, so I ate fruit and my power bars. I ended up losing 2 lbs probably from all the walking and all the water I drank when we got on the road. My LAWL plan came in the mail yesterday and I can't wait to start this morning. We are going to Disneyworld in December and I really want to be down to at least 160. After all the walking yesterday my knees hurt so bad. I don't want to feel that way when we are in Florida.
Hope everyone has a great day!
kimintexassahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #52  
LAWL Salt Police

Good morning ladies! Sorry I continue to be AWOL... It's getting down to brass tacks time around my office for a huge conference we're putting on and I'm smack dab in the middle of it. I just haven't had a lot of free time to surf around and since I can get FB on my phone, it's been easier for me to post things there.

Glad to see y'all are hard at it.. Food has been a struggle for me lately for some reason, but I've been balancing it out with increased activity through biking, hiking and working out.

Liz is doing well.. She is re-joining WW with a friend from her office. We found that doing it on-line just wasn't working.. We miss that accountability from the two or three visits per week at our old COD.

That's about it and I'd better get back to work. Just wanted to poke my head in and say "Hi!" Thanks to the little birdy (Lettie) who let me know a couple of y'all had asked where I disappeared to. I'll try to do better about checking in more frequently.

Have a great weekend!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Dan! good to see your post!

Kristin, I'm going camping too! My plan is to focus on eating very healthy food and avoiding alcohol, since normally I do tend to drink a little beer when camping and I'm going to avoid that.... I bought a bunch of San Pelligrino water and I'll have that instead. I've been trying to focus on chewing each bite 30 times, as that really slows down my eating and gets me to decide that I'm satisfied with less. Anyway, I know that many fruits pack well for camping as well as veggies.

I had a wipeout on the new bike last night and decided to return it to the store and get a bit smaller one.... After the wipeout I didn't get any exercise done because I had sprained my thumb and it hurt like hades. I couldn't even hold a fork and thought that was a new weight loss technique. Feels better today though, although my knee is not going to be pretty for awhile.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Friday to you all...
It seems to be a busy summer for us all. I can not believe it is already the 7th day of August. It will be Fall before we know it. I ahve not been eating well the past 2 weeks and I am not sure what has gotten into me. I am sort of afraid that my body is somewhat plateauing as I have not weighed 197 in 3 years and maybe my body thinks that was all I wanted it to loose. SO I must remind myself and my metabolism that is not enough. i missed the shred last night. I did however walk/jog for about 30 minutes on a track where my 9 year old was having a football scrimmage. It was very hot but I still kept at it and my youngest loves to stroll so it was easier than doing the shred with his help. Lately I have definately felt bloated and swollen. i have been drinking over 64 oz but I must be needing more. I just am dissapointed in myself.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Nice to see ya Danny Boy!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #56  

put it off too long today, didn't want to do it. did it anyway..... I just Shred day 3.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:07 AM   #57  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

got up at 445am and done with day 20 of the 30 day shred! whoop whoop!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #58  

Jillian that is so awesome. Way to be committed! Makes me want to dust off my shred dvd and start doing it. I was looking into maybe getting EA Sports Active for my Wii and trying it out. I've heard good and bad reviews and not sure if I want to spend 50$ only to waste it.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
I need to get back and do the shred tonight I guess. I did two days and then took a break... I don't think I can handle 30 days in a row. I'll leave that for you youngsters.
oh stop it Barbara! age is a number, besides you aren't that much older than me. get off your fanny and move...

man...... I think JM is wearing off on me!
Old 08-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #60  

Amy, when you say hot how hot is it in TN? I'm coming to Memphis next week and was hoping to escape the extreme heat here.