Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #181  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

Default hello beck buddies!

feeling a little better today. (amazing what the end of PMS will do for a gal.) appetite is happily back in its cage and under control. i forget how much power hormones have over all my systems!

still not sure what to do about the neighbors house. if i wait long enough, maybe the problem will go away on its own. it’d be a decision to do nothing, which might make me feel a little less powerless. and who knows – maybe someone will like the house enough to buy it. i did.

did great on calories yesterday and managed to get about 20 minutes of dance dance revolution on the wii (thanks DH!) it’s not an ideal workout, but if i can get my food in line, it won’t be so critical. still working on getting enough sleep. i give myself plenty of time for it, but it’s a Herculean effort to get my brain to shut up, and i’ve been waking up in the middle of the night for no good reason at all. cripes.

and now that i’m thinking about it, i should probably redo my ARCs. onebyone, would you mind if i joined you in a re-start? i won’t stop doing what i’m already doing but it can’t help but improve my mindset. and thanks for the extra credit! right back at you. smooch.

hi freer! and yep, bill, just starting to realize how much i edit my own dreams for appropriateness. that’s gotta stop. if i can’t be free in my own head, how will it happen in my life? go china! for doing it even when it’s not particularly exciting or fun. need to bring that kind of thinking into my food prep. mazel tov anne on your ride!! wow. between you and mary i went ahead and put myself on the waitlist at the library for the Kessler book. sounds like it’s right up our collective alley! (that sounds sort of dirty for some reason.)

welcome kara! i just got back from an extended hiatus so i’m sort of a new face myself.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Tuesday

Saw my endocrinologist this morning. I got blood work on Friday and found out my TSH (thyroid test) was normal – better than normal, it was optimal. I asked for an appt to discuss why I’m not feeling 100% yet. Mentally and physically I’m about 90%, but I still can’t hike like I used to and I’m really not mentally in my game at work either. He’s a great doctor to talk to, and he agreed we should double-check my T3 (another thyroid test) to be sure it’s good. He called this afternoon and my T3 is fine. But my TSH has gone too far, so that it’s too low now. So I have to cut one thyroid pill in half once a week to try and get the overall weekly dosage right. Hey, whatever works, right? He thinks my last 10% could be due to the slight over-medication of my thyroid, but might be something else too. So, I’ll talk to my primary about what other causes there could be…
I talked to my DS and DH this week about our vacation coming up next week. We love to hike (up Harney Peak and down Sunday Gulch – our 2 favs), but broke it to them I wouldn’t be able to join this time. We are all a bit bummed, but at least I feel as good as I do. I feel so much better now than I did even 6 weeks ago -- gotta count my blessings.
WI-unchanged, Read my cards, made a plan. Food – op, Exercise – op.

Kuhljeanie Nice that you have food back under control. DDR – I hear it’s a lot of fun. And any exercise is good exercise – if it’s fun it should help reduce stress. Sounds great to me! I hope you can find a way to shut your brain down and sleep through the night…

Bill It’s nice you weren’t enticed by the candy dish! Small victories like that add up… Yes I finished incorporating the changes today. The ones I did yesterday were just repetitive, etc. Going through whitewater can be such fun – better than a rollercoaster!

Walking Princess It’s great you are so far along in the book. I agree, I knew when I read the book that I’d found the ‘golden ticket’.

Anne
Old 07-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #183  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Angry Just a hello

Hello Coaches

I haven't read any Beck today so pretty much what I said yesterday still stands. I am stalled at getting index cards for Pete's sake. Can you say procrastination? Hello? I am perfectly able to cut up 3" x 5" rectangles from all this paper I have around here and make my own index cards...is there something inherently magical about buying them? Maybe I'll go into my paint program on this computer and draw 3" x 5" rectangles and print them out...sec... okay the printer's printing something a lot bigger than a 3x5 but they are labeled Advantages Response Card and they have official looking lines and I'll have 12 blank ones. Tonight I promise to write some out and report back tomorrow with that.

So last night DH asked if I wanted to go for a walk. It was late and I was ready for bed and I said no then couldn't live with myself so I said yes and we went out. On the way back my left thigh was on fire. Really really felt like it was on fire-more than before. For those who don't know I was diagnosed with meralgia parentheisis (sp?) and it means the nerve going through my hip bone into my leg is being squished. major cause? Weight gain-esp. quick weight gain. I have always known 270 is too much for my frame. I started to get sore hips when I reached this weight, the 2nd time in my life, after promising I'd lose 25lbs for my graduation which caused me to gain 25lbs instead. So it can go away if I get the weight off before I do permanent damage- unknown what that is or how long that takes-but for me this comes and goes and last night was shocker! As soon as I sit down it goes away. I did eat a bunch of sugar crap for lunch and I wondered...does sugar cause inflammation? My gut is telling me to cut out all things that are known to cause inflammation in the body--I seem to recall white sugar is one of those things. So my mind/emotions are now starting to connect bad feeling in leg muscles with eating sugar crap.
This can only be good.
Cause meet effect.
I did think all day about Dr. Beck's promises to me in her book. She'd better mean it cause I mean it. I think I will write her promises down so I can remember them, like part of my ARC's but the superstructure and the big part of why I am doing THIS program in particular and not something else.

I spent the day mopey again. I had to cancel the Ocean Cove oceanfront campsite we would have been staying at this Friday and Saturday. Then I had to cancel the rental car for the week. And then I had to feel my disappointment and my envy at my friend's taking holidays and I can't. 3rd year now of making plans to get to the Lunenburg Folk Art Festival. 3rd year of canceling because we can't afford it. When I told DH I'd put in my campsite cancellation email a note that we'd be there in September he actually guffawed and that just made me . I am *trying* not to be so ornery but I guess with school ending and a full time job for the month looming plus looking ahead to the fall and the return of the awful ceramic teacher (ugh) I will have to please (which is not possible) I am feeling like I am back where I started...back to making stock for shows if i can get the money to do them, back to trying to figure out what to make to sell, back to life the way it was before I went to school = big feeling so Why Did I Bother?
Oh well. It's all transition stuff. I just took my grad show work down at the school. We're all moving on. being your own boss is never a clear road anyway. Don't mind me. I'm just not used to having time on my hands without the relentless pressure of insane deadlines... plus I am feeling old and fat. So time to focus on that last bit. Really-- that's why I am here. Thanks for letting me "talk".

kuhljeanie I welcome the pleasure of your company in a re-start. Like I said I am aiming to do an ARC tonight. You? And when will you post it? Soon?

freer

Billblueeyes I read this this morning and then used it as I passed by the foodstuffs stand at the foot of the escalator on my way to the school where I always go
Quote:
Nice for me since before my journey, every dish I saw I wanted some. And, during my early time, I had to counter every dish with "That's Not About Me."
Every time I see their stuff I want it but I said to myself "that's not about me" and then i went past the other place and the other place and the place beside it...it's like running the gauntlet: keep the chin up and move firmly yet quickly and do not linger because there's nothing to see here - move along aka that's not about me... Thanks for mentioning that this morning. It helped me today.

Walking Princess Glad you found us and I look forward to your posts.

wndranne Wow hail thunderstorms and lightning... cold enough to hail and then to land as hail... bet that was surprise! Glad you had someone you could call... Thanks for telling me that. I would not have guessed in a million years. Hope you had a better day today.

ChinaMaine Credit for your plain old good day with OP food and exercise *yawn whatever* So incredible it has become ROUTINE! AWESOME. (I think I will add a little persist in victory here just so you can keep it in your pocket...)

I'm off to do an ARC and then read and then watch something... fun
Have a good night.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:12 PM   #184  
Practicing Imperfection

Quick note as I recover from my craft show weekend and all I need to catch up on.

Today, tracked food, credit. Stayed on plan, credit. Read rest of Thin Commandments, credit(more on that in the future). DH continues to make lists of calories in whatever he cooks for me--bless his heart.

I had a pretty good show--made my booth fee back and a bit more--and was more proactive in getting names for my newsletter mailing list--30! And made some contacts, had some interesting conversations. I stayed OP except for a brownie on Sunday afternoon, when the crowd was thinning and mostly lookers, but I did cut it in half and give the rest to DH, credit. Had a delicious Indian meal on the way home, with foods I researched as most healthy-- yellow lentils, spicy eggplant, and baked bread(rather than fried).

My doctor was pleased yesterday at my check-in that my weight was down 6 lbs since I was last there, and that my blood pressure numbers are great. Yay!

Personals soon--hope everyone is doing well.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:50 AM   #185  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - My evening walk (CREDIT moi) included stopping to watch two tow trucks picking up two of the three cars in a low impact fender-bender. The little boy in me just loves tow trucks with their mechanical arms that extend under the car tires. Boy those operators work fast; I wanted to applaud.

Lunch time walk (CREDIT moi) was to deliver a couple of mangoes to my DD. The money saved by buying 10 of them for $4.99 isn't reduced for any that I give away, as long as I give them away before they are too ripe to eat. Selective accounting, LOL.

And, I learned something not in Beck: "Green Cooking Bananas" are not the same as bananas that aren't ripe yet. Bummer. I bought some and tried to peel one for my breakfast. Yikes. It remained hard as a rock, nearly un-peelable, and left a sticky on my hands that didn't come off with soap (I eventually used hand lotion, then soap). Oh Well.

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Kudos for "20 minutes of dance dance revolution on the wii." I admire working mothers who can squeeze in any time at all with a demanding little one. And Yay that the "appetite is happily back in its cage." Yep, you sound like you're finding your groove.

onebyone - kudos for printing our your own index cards for your Advantage Response Cards; perhaps you'll find a graphical way to do them. Ouch for the vacation cancellations; hoping you can find something local that feels different.

I'm making a copy of your "there's nothing to see here - move along;" that might help me when I'm when out on a walk and am drawn to Whole Foods like a gawker to an accident, LOL.

Kudos for going for the evening walk with your DH even though you were mentally ready for bed. Ouch for the thigh "on fire." Hoping that helps the part of you getting your onebyone into full working mode. Yep, I believe the Beck promises are real and you can hold her to them.

ChinaMaine - Kudos for your persistence in chasing down the cause of your energy levels. Sounds encouraging that you have a medication adjustment that might make a difference.

Ouch for the change to vacation plans. Hope you can figure out a shorter hike.

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - Congrats on "a pretty good show;" Kudos for working on your newsletter mailing list, and Kudos for restricting your indulgences to half a brownie. Look forward to hearing more about Thin Commandments.

Freer - So, a month until school starts again - nice. Are you still doing Jazzercise?

Readers -
Quote:
How Thin People Think
. . .
• Do you comfort yourself with food?
. . .
The Beck Diet Solution, pg 33.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 07-29-2009 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 07-29-2009, 07:50 AM   #186  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Hi coaches - Sorry I've been AWOL. I can tell you why. Insomnia has reared its ugly head. I've been waking up at 2, and 3:30, and 5, and not really sleeping after that. It's a long story but there are a number of reasons for it. Last night I took 2 Benadryls before bed and managed to get about 9 hours, so I'm still alive.

I'm happy to report that I have not gone off plan, however, and managed to start both walking and strength training again this week. In fact I've lost 4 lbs as of Monday! So this Beck/CBT thing works even under onerous circumstances.

Which led me to go online and google "cognitive therapy insomnia" ... and what did I find? CBTforInsomnia.com, a drug-free CBT program for conquering insomnia. Awesome! I am so there. Like Beck for sleeping.

I'm clearly incredibly behind on personals so I'm just going to send big hugs to everyone, and a big Welcome to WalkingPrincess and Welcome Back to Freer. Welcome to the 3FatChicks Beck Diet support thread ... still the best group of buddies/coaches on the internetz!

Ciao,
Erika
Old 07-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #187  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

Default morning beckies!

onebyone, you got it. ARCs at the end of this post. are you going to do the visual ones again? maybe use those mad art skills to create a picture of the advantages of onebyone at a healthy weight? i’d love to see that…like i’d love to see myself at 125 lbs. i’m chronically guilty of anemic dreams and that’s just gotta stop. you too, sister! what’s day 2 again? i started thinking about my old list last night. i’ve actually lost and maintained enough to have experienced a lot of them already. which is wonderful, to be sure – but hardly motivation to do the work to take off the last 30-40 lbs, you know?

bill, what IS that love between boys and heavy machinery? el nino isn’t even 3 yet, and he can differentiate between a regular excavator, a bulldozer, and a backhoe. i can’t tell the difference myself. and thanks for the kudo. finding 20 minutes here and there is great, but i really need to figure out how to do it consistently. by order of coach lynn (from JM’s website – has anyone else on the board had an official, professional weight loss coach?) i’m working on getting adequate sleep first. circuit training and bonus cardio come later. fwiw, erika, i’m absolutely and completely right there with you. i go to bed at 9:45 and lie there until 11 or 12. wake up again at 2, or maybe 3, or maybe 5, then fall back asleep at quarter to six, just in time to get up for the day. sometimes the ambisleep program on the iPhone works, sometimes it doesn’t. i’m working on alternate solutions like writing down everything i’m worried about that i can’t control and setting the paper on fire to let it go. (this is less dangerous if you do it BEFORE getting into bed. ) another thing i’m trying is to picture the issue or situation in action, then do a google-maps-type zoom out to street level, then to city and state, finally to earth, then change the perspective out into the universe. that seems to help me feel a little more peaceful too. at that point i switch on ye olde ambient-for-sleep music and pretend i’m standing at the helm of the ship of the imagination (extra credit if you can name the original captain.) but i'm also crazy-interested in hearing about CBT for insomnie. share!!! nuxmanga – wonderful report back from the doc! and what kind of art do you do? we’ve noticed more than once that there’s a magnificent preponderance of creative types on this thread. yay us.

so, new ARCs. i removed the ones that i’m already enjoying since they seem to encourage complacency. this may be a problem when i get to maintenance, but i’m not going to worry about that today.
  • i’m comfortable in and proud of my body. i like the way it looks
  • i can buy clothes anywhere i want. i can always find my size
  • i’ve got boundless energy to move through the world
  • i’m a great role model for my family on how to be healthy
  • i can sit on my husband’s lap without feeling self-conscious
  • i know in my heart i can accomplish whatever i set out to do, if i’m willing to put in the work
  • my thighs don’t rub when i walk, so i can wear a skirt when it’s hot and humid without chafing
  • i free up the energy currently tied up in the struggle to lose weight and make it available for living the rest of my life
Old 07-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #188  
persist

Thumbs up Afternoon short check in more later

Hello Coaches

I'm taking a break so I thought I'd report in.

I'm here to report in on
  1. weight change from yesterday -1.4 (270.4)
  2. eat sitting down & eat slowly? Yes
  3. ARC's read? Yes.

I think I'll be back later to write out the real checklist given at the back of the new book BDFL and then I can just copy and paste and answer it daily as she says to do. She's also got some eating guildelines for Stage One she suggests that I follow so I'll attach those here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhljeanie View Post
i free up the energy currently tied up in the struggle to lose weight and make it available for living the rest of my life
LOVE this one. Love it.

See you guys later. I am working on what I was procrastinating over so I better get back to it.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 181/?/130

Thank you so much for the warm welcome everyone I am really looking forward to getting to know all of you better.

I am on Day 19 and am learning so much. Bill had asked me about the response cards. I have made all the recommended ones. I usually make about 1-2 for each day, plus I have the workbook as a companion that has some pre-made ones made too. I make sure to read those at least 3 times a day. They go everywhere with me. One thing I found helpful is that I took them to Kinkos and laminated them. I figure if I'm going to be using them for a while, I didn't want them to get dirty, bent or ruined. Now they look so nice! Then I punched a hole in the top corner and I got a big metal keyring to hold them on so I just flip through them all the time. Since I make the cards each day and therefore adding more, I will have to go back and bind them again soon. I'm just saving them up to minimize the trips. My first set which had 3 full 8 1/2 x 11 laminated sheets only cost about $7 so it's not bad and money well spent as far as I'm concerned.

The hardest things for me to learn so far is having to leave food on my plate all the time and that mini fast you do to show yourself there is no need to worry about starving. Once I did it, I was so pleasantly surprised that my hunger didn't get worse and I didn't die after all . I'm still working on the leaving food on my plate. At home, I am fine, but when we go out to eat, oh boy I'll clean my entire plate. This weekend will be a good chance to practice my skills as it is my bday on Saturday and I am going out for breakfast and dinner and then Sunday going to my parent's house for dinner. Yikes! We'll see how I do. Also, the weekends seem to be a challenge for me. I'm out of my weekday routine and can't seem to keep it together food wise. Any suggestions? My family always wants to go out to eat or whatever.

Anyway, I have to go cook dinner now so I'll be back to do personals later.

Thanks for letting me join all of you, I'm so excited!!

Kara
Old 07-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Cool Wednesday

I’ve been putting long days for almost a month now. I wanted to be sure I could leave for vacation next Thursday without a huge push over the last couple of days. I’m using a brand new tool and so didn’t have a good way to guess-timate how much time I needed. Today I was able to do enough to make an estimate of the time required to leave the project in good shape next Wednesday. I’m pretty sure I can get it done and work 8 hour days in the meantime. I was getting mighty tired of working until 7 PM every night, then collapsing into bed at 9. A girl’s got to have *some* fun. I’m ambivalent that my DH is heading out a week early to spend time with his Mom before we all arrive. Next week, DS, his girlfriend and I join DH for a week of Black Hills fun. I’m happy DH can be with his Mom, but I’ll miss him muchly. Moose will do his best to keep me company, I’m sure.
WI-down .75 lbs, Read my cards, made a plan. Food – op, Exercise – op.
Oh! I forgot to mention yesterday that my doctor was quite positive about my weight loss. ‘Do you realize you’ve lost, let me see, 38 pounds since I saw you in November! That’s amazing!’ Well I stopped weighing myself a couple of years ago – too distressing. And I stopped paying attention to the weight at the doctor’s office sometime last summer. So, I’ve been telling myself, and everyone else, that my top weight was 206 lbs. But based on what he said, my top weight was probably 209-211 lbs. That’s sobering… Thank God for Beck and CBT!
one by one ‘persist in victory’ Thanks for passing it on. Just when I’m feeling the most complacent is when I most need it!

Please take this in the spirit it’s meant. Procrastination can sometimes (not always, I know!) be the product of being overwhelmed by all-or-none thinking. Would it help to give yourself one or two very small steps to accomplish a day? The idea with Beck is to build up a habit slowly, one baby step at a time. I know I was slower than most, but I’m glad it took me almost a month to get to Stage 2. I’d take a week to get through some of the sections of Stage 1.

The key is to build up the habit, whatever the speed. I know it sounds corny, but her emphasis on strengthening the resistance muscle and being careful not to strengthen the giving-in muscle are, to me, the core of how to build the habit. Anyway – I really don’t mean to preach (really )

I appreciate your comments on how it’s become ROUTINE for me. And, yes, it has. When I started I’d have to say ‘no choice’ ‘hunger is not an emergency’ ‘5 minutes is better than 0 minutes’ ‘it will become easier and easier and easier’ multiple times a day. You can get there too, one day, one decision at a time.
Down 1.4 lbs --

Margaret I’m glad the craft show went well and you got so many more names on your mailing list. Kudos for the reasonable choice to have a brownie, but to share it with you DH. And credit for losing 6 lbs – you worked hard for it!

Bill Buying 10 mangos, $4.99. Giving one to your DD – priceless! I will never buy green cooking bananas – yikes!

I like your idea of finding a less strenuous hike. The problem is more elevation change than distance; we’re heading to the Black Hills of South Dakota and the trails are mostly ‘hilly’. But DH thinks there’s one about 15 miles from our lodge that’s level. I’m going to do some research before I go. While DH, DS go up (or down) more strenuous trails, I can drive to something more level. I had planned to walk around (and around) Sylvan Lake like some kind of South Dakotan hamster, but finding a level trail is probably a better plan.

Erika CREDIT for staying op in spite of insomnia, and especially for adding to your exercise routine too!

Kuhljeanie I just want to share that soon after I joined this group – you bought size 14 jeans for the first time. It was such a happy, joyous post – it made me happy, and jealous(!), at the same time. You’ve done an amazing job in the face of really difficult life challenges. The last 30-40 lbs will come. I love your new ARCs and you’ll get there!

Walking Princess Love the laminated card idea. I even own a laminator, but never did it – Kudos! Yes, learning that hunger is actually not an emergency is an eye-opener. I have to remind myself of it at least once a week though.

Eating out – I have the 2nd book (green cover) and Stage 3 has a lot of useful info. I can tell you what I do. If I know the restaurant, and they have an online menu, I do research and pick my menu, including all the special requests ahead of time. (I’ll take the trout, please cook with as little oil as possible. I’ll also have the baked potato – butter and sour cream on the side. And the steamed broccoli – could I have that butter on the side too?) You get the idea. In any case, I run to the bathroom and review my RCs before ordering. And, I accept the fact that I won’t be perfect; I’ll just be as good as I can manage today.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:21 PM   #191  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Old 07-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #192  
persist

Thumbs up BDFL checklist(s)

Hi coaches

I'm pretty tired but I promised I'd stop by with my uberofficial checklist from the BDFL book and it seems there are like 3 consecutive things to do in Stage One. It's a bit confusing, sort of. No maybe it makes sense...

Stage 1 - The Success Skills Plan
-these are the 9 skills to master
  1. motivate yourself daily
    read advantage deck NO don't have one yet
    read response cards YES credit
  2. weigh yourself daily
    weigh just once record change/weight YES credit
  3. eat slowly, while sitting down and enjoying every bite
    I ate everything slowly, while sitting down enjoying everybite YES credit
  4. give yourself credit
    I gave myself credit throughout the day for every positive eating behaviour YES credit
  5. get moving
    I did spontaneous exercise YES credit
    planned exercise NO
  6. overcome hunger, cravings and emotional eating
    I tolerated hunger and non-hunger without eating YES credit
    I recognized that fullness sets in 20 min after a meal NO-didn;t think about it at all
    I stopped eating when my food was gone YES credit
    I calmed down before I ate NO did not do this consistently
  7. plan and monitor your eating
    I filled in my foodplan chart N/A yet this is a stage 2 thing
  8. follow your plan no matter what
    I followed my plan precisely YES I've done things I was told to do-food choices not part of this yetcreditI used resistance techniques YES read my response cards "not about me" credit
  9. get back on track right away
    I filled in my cheat sheet NA
  10. contact your diet buddy YES hey buddies! credit

Tomorrow I'll be back with my list of the Ten Tasks....yes grasshopper...when you can perform the ten tasks on one leg without so much as a wince you will be a master... Brother! I need sleep. See yous in the morning.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:47 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 181/?/130

Hi all,

I'm so sorry. I meant to come back and do personals to each of you tonight but I just now got a chance to come back online. I have to be up at 5am for work tomorrow so I'm going to head to bed. I will definitely post tomorrow. I read your posts though and you all are doing GREAT! Be proud of yourselves for what you have accomplished today. Keep up the great work and have a wondeful day tomorrow.

Kara
Old 07-30-2009, 05:15 AM   #194  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - At the gym I concentrated on lowering the dumbbells slowly (as had been suggested by my trainer) to better work the muscle; CREDIT moi. I'm focusing on the notion that I have to feel some muscle burn to justify drinking my protein shake; whatever it takes to make me move along, LOL.

Gave away a third mango; there are only three left of the original ten. I'm happy that they will all get eaten and not wasted. I am so capable of buying a huge amount of something that spoils before it can be consumed.

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Thanks for the Advantage Response Cards; love "boundless energy to move through the world."

Yep, I do believe it's wired into the brains of all us little boys to love heavy machinery. Methinks El Nino was born knowing the different construction equipment; just took until three for you to teach him the words, LOL. I predict that before five he'll know the names of every dinosaur, including Archeopteryx. Spelling will be another story; no doubt that research some day will show that testosterone weakens the spelling muscle, LOL.

onebyone - Kudos for posting your "uberofficial" checklist. And Congrats on the scale loss - moving in the right direction.

I've been ignoring "recognized that fullness sets in 20 min after a meal" myself; 20 minutes after a meal I've forgotten about that and am on to the next thing, LOL. Perhaps it means to recognize that fullness will set in 20 minutes in the future so stop now while "reasonably full." Might have to go reread about that.

Robin (RobinW) - Waving back; hope Buffalo is spared the heat wave that has, at last, come to Boston. Although it's nice to sleep with the fan on for the first time this summer since we've been unseasonably cool.

ChinaMaine - Yay for a doctor who says just the right thing!! Congrats on the 38 pounds gone.

Kudos for putting in the effort at planning your hiking to fit your current energy levels. Ouch that you have a week with Moose substituting for DH; hope he's a good listener, LOL.

Erika (eusebius) - Congrats on your loss, particularly under "onerous circumstances." Wishing you success in your "Beck for sleeping" journey - this whole board seems to need some sleeping help.

Kara (Walking Princess) - Yep, that leaving food on the plate remains uber-difficult for me, also - so much so that I take a credit here whenever it happens, LOL. Let me know if you find a secret way to do it. For now, I have to content myself with diligence in serving my plate which, as you point out, is easier at home than when served at a restaurant.

Kudos for laminating your Advantage Response Cards; what a great idea.

Will start now sending you supportive thoughts for your birthday weekend; sounds like you'll have several opportunities to overcome challenges.

Readers -
Quote:
How Thin People Think
. . .
• If the scale goes up, do you sometimes abandon your diet altogether?
. . .
The Beck Diet Solution, pg 33.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:23 AM   #195  

Hi All

Very quick stop by to read posts.
I am doing ok and you all seem to be doing good or finding solutions.I have lost 2 and half pounds so I am pleased with my programme. OP with food, still struggling with staying OP with exercise.Hope you all have a good day today.

Une
Closed Thread