Height: 5'7"

JerseyAmy.........purple with lites or red w/o
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #47  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Jillian.....I know most will say this is bad advice....but all of my babies slept with DH and I for the first few months...then in a bassinet right next to my side of the bed until they started moving around too much and were unsafe. I also know they make a co-sleeping bed that pulls up right next to your bed that is safe. This is one of the great parenting debates, but it worked for us. My babies all slept in their own beds, all night long, when they were around 6 months old......that seemed to be the time I felt comfortable letting them put themselves to sleep. Everyone has their own opinion on this, and I don't really know what the correct advice is.....I just know what worked for us. I read this wonderful book called, Kid's Are Worth It, and this lady who wrote it, can't remember her name right now, was trained as a child psychologist and did everything by the book until she had her own children.........and after I read her book, I really felt like I had permission to listen to my own instincts and quit worrying about what I was SUPPOSED to do. Ok, enough unwarranted advice
XOXO
nicole--i totally agree with you. since this is my third child, i've been going with my experience vs. what you're suppose to do/or what everyone "thinks" you're suppose to do. and i've been quite a bit more relaxed with this child as well...which i'm pretty sure is normal. i'm not as uptight about everything/worrying (i still worry plenty!) but have been a bit more at ease with this baby than i thought i'd be.
i appreciate any and all advice. really, i do. so thank you!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #48  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Quote:
Holy $hit.......I am down 3.6 lbs this week. Whoohooo.......guess I better keep trying, huh?
awesome job! and you'd better keep trying or i'm gonna hahaha!

Last edited by JLem311; 05-20-2009 at 12:58 PM.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #49  
Katie

Height: 5'1

My babies all slept with me and DH too. It was so much easier to nurse them that way. I also kept their bassinette next to the bed so that if I needed to I could lay them in it. Jillian, good for you for doing what you feel is best!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #50  
Amy

Thanks Nicole... I was thinking Red w/o lites. I may substitute a South Beach bar every once in a while to have a sweet... we'll see!

Purple just doesn't ever feel like enough food for me, you know? I don't know if it's true or if it's a mental thing...
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #51  

Height: 5'6

I think i can....I think I can....
I have a walk and healthy dinner planned for tonight....praying I can stick to that plan....
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #52  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Holy $hit.......I am down 3.6 lbs this week. Whoohooo.......guess I better keep trying, huh?
That is great!!! Keep it up!!! You really must have stayed on plan....be proud of yourself!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #53  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen View Post
Thanks Nicole... I was thinking Red w/o lites. I may substitute a South Beach bar every once in a while to have a sweet... we'll see!

Purple just doesn't ever feel like enough food for me, you know? I don't know if it's true or if it's a mental thing...
You know, my first thought was red with lites to start......but it is your call. I think if you start with that, and you are losing, then it is working.......or, if you wanted to, you could do red with 1 lite aa day. I have found that when I am eating larger quantities of food, as long as they are OP ones, I tend to lose better. I would be willing to bet you would lose on red with lites.....if memory serves me right, all it is a 1/2 more protein, 1 more starch, and maybe one more veggie. If you are making smart choices, it should be all good. Oh, and try not to kill your DH........we all (including him) have to learn to take the good along with the bad when learning to live with someone Just keep having lots of sex.......it's always a good distration...
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:35 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

I wrote a long and hopefully thoughtful message and when I posted it the site said sorry we are down. arg!

Jillian, You know Baby X best, just don't let yourself get too worn out trying to make her feel secure and happy in the safety of her mom and dad's arms.

Nicole, It must be hard when smoking was a thing you did with your family to not smoke when you are with them, but definitely not smoking seems to agree with you, down 3.6 pounds!

Amy, It is just a big adustment to move away from your family to a new town, in with your husband for the first time, and to start a new school. Of course it is a bit overwhelming at times! Plus the joy of unpacking can depress even a normally optimistic person. Not much break for you this summer, starting school already. I suppose it will be good for you to get out and meet people and have something to focus on besides how dark that basement apartment is.

Suzanne, it is just easier on your body to exercise when it is lighter. Carrying around the extra weight is slowing you down and making you tired more than you probably realize (it is simply a LOT more work to lug that poundage down to the gym than when you are lighter). Plus I found I was more likely to hurt my knees or feet or back when I was heavier, as they are strained from carrying the excess. So sure, start exercising, but go slow. Don't start out trying to whip yourself into instant perfect shape. I got a stress fracture in my foot once from thinking that was a good idea, and that was months of pain and wearing a soft cast and not being able to do any real exercise at all...
I survived TO and am happy to be done! I however got up the morning after the second day and did NOT go to spin class.... I cooked myself some breakfast instead. Oh welll, I will need to go on my elliptical trainer tonight and make up for it. It is good to mix up the working out anyway, and I've been doing more other things and less spin classes lately.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #55  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone.Hope you are all doing well and staying OP.With the three day weekend coming up.I was wondering if anyone had some good Grilling recipes that you use to stay OP.One of my favorite things to grill is asparagus tossed in olive oil and a little sea salt.

Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #56  

Quote:

WTG! Keep up the good work!!
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen View Post
This is an adjustment for DH and I. We have never lived together before, and I am ready to wring his neck already!!!

Along with 2 summer classes, I took a Tennis class! I am SOOOOO excited. I LOVE tennis!
I've been with my hubby for almost 15 years and there are STILL days when I want to wring his neck! LOL Probably one of the most important things I've ever learned (and it wasn't necessarily an easy thing for me to learn) was how to compromise, and also how to say I'm sorry even when I think I'm 200% right. Sometimes it's more important to the relationship to smooth things over than to be right. And whoever suggested lots of sex.....I TOTALLY AGREE!

I also like tennis but haven't played in years. Wonderful way to get the exercise in!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizababe View Post
Well, I've been OP for 3 weeks including two TO and still haven't lost anything. At least now I know it's not my diet.
Have you had your thyroid tested? I got to a point where my weight wouldn't budge no matter what I did, and my thyroid tests kept coming back within the acceptable range (had them done by my traditional doctor). When my naturopath looked at the results she said in her experience and according to all the studies she had read, when it got as low as mine was a person would feel like crap (my word, not hers) and would not be able to lose weight. She started me on Armour (it's natural, not synthetic) and that seems to help some. I'm not on a very high dose of it.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
Suzanne, it is just easier on your body to exercise when it is lighter. Carrying around the extra weight is slowing you down and making you tired more than you probably realize (it is simply a LOT more work to lug that poundage down to the gym than when you are lighter). Plus I found I was more likely to hurt my knees or feet or back when I was heavier, as they are strained from carrying the excess. So sure, start exercising, but go slow. Don't start out trying to whip yourself into instant perfect shape. I got a stress fracture in my foot once from thinking that was a good idea, and that was months of pain and wearing a soft cast and not being able to do any real exercise at all...
Thank you, very good point about taking it slow and not overdoing it.....I don't want to end up hurting myself and not be able to exercise at all!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:32 AM   #60  

Doing the happy dance over here....I got on the scales this morning and I am down 4.8 pounds!!!!

Happy Thursday everyone