Old 02-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #1  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Friends and Losers Feb 23-March 1

Good morning friends

Well, I made my weekend goal of a 0.2 loss, but nothing more than that. Good thing I set the bar low, huh?

I hope you are all ready to have a kick a$$ WL week. WE can do this!!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:50 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Ugh..I was down like a lb by Saturday morning and then in ONE day I was up 4 lbs?? TOM is a week away but I can see it's already causing some water retention...yikes. Perhaps the wrong week to aim for a 3 lbs loss lol. I'm guzzling the water though so maybe I'll come up with some sort of loss by Friday.
Not doing well with exercise though....last week had a cold so was taking it a bit easy...and now I seem to have done something to my ankle over the weekend...it's a bit swollen and hurts to walk on....grrrr...part of me feels like saying the **** with it all this week....but I'm that will only make me feel worse next week so trying to hang in there!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning nicole.

well, i'm pretty sure i'll have a kick a$$ WG (weight gain!) week. oh well.
my WL time will come soon enough. although i am very thankful for all the weight i lost before i got pregnant and the fact that with DD and DS when i gave birth to them i weight 320 and 310. and the fact that i'm not going to hit scary numbers like that this time around is wonderful. my dr just told me that she doesn't harp on pregnancy weight too much as long as i don't hit 300lbs i'm fine and she'll leave me alone! ha. gotta love that!

anyways..not much going on for me this week. DH's 30th bday is on saturday, not really sure what we plan on doing..probably a bunch of nothing. i know he wants me to make a caramel cheesecake (i have a great super easy low fat version) so i'll make that. and then a week and a half after his bday is my bday. ugh. not sure if i'm up for making another cake for that too. we'll see. at least i won't be celebrating alone this year.
but i'll be 33wks pregnant so not much on the agenda for either bday celebration.

anyways..enough outta me for the time being. hope everyone has a great week.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang..

I'm off to Portales, NM today for our annual booth at the NM Agriculture Expo.. WOO HOO!

Should be a good trip, diet wise, as there aren't a lot of choices in tiny P-ville (where Liz and I met in college).. The McDonald's is close to the Super 8, so a decent salad is easily in reach.

So I finally got on the Wii Fit this weekend and I have to say while it was fun, I didn't like the fact that it made my Mii fat and gave me a Wii age of 51... Granted, I've never had the best balance, but I think if the Wii platform was a bit wider, it would be easier for me to stand correctly..

Yeah, I know.. Complain, complain, complain...

Have a great week all! I'll try to check in from the road...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #5  
Post-Master

Well from wha t you said about Wii fit.........I hate it already......
Old 02-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

So I'm scheduled for my fitness evaluation today at 5:00 and just remembered that DS has an appointment for a consult at the oral surgeon at 4:15! DAMN! I think I might still try to make it back to work to get this done. My weekend sucked... foodwise and everything else. My dryer gave out so we went shopping for one and ended up getting a floor model set for a good price that I was IN LOVE WITH! When we got home the washer didn't work and they wanted to send a repair man out on Tuesday to fix it... my DH said no and that it had to go back, so I had to visit the laundromat on Saturday night at which point I realized I REALLY needed a margarita and from that point on the kids were just on my last nerve!!! Anyway... I don't remember everything that I ate, but I do know I had a hot fudge sundae... What's my punishment?
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #7  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Morning pals!

Not sure how I did this weekend. I felt like I overate a bit. The scale has been horrid the entire week. I talked with some WW vets on Fri night who said I'm probably not eating enough, even though I'm getting all my points in. Their advice was to dip into my reserve points everyday this week to see if the scale moves. I know this is genuine advice, it was a concern on LAWL-you have to eat to lose, but it's hard to rationalize that. So I'm going to try to get a little bit more protein in. I figure that is pretty safe.

I made the famous WW diet coke chocolate cake. Big mistake. It was beyond delicious and I ate waaay more than my fair share. Wont be doing that again!!

To redeem myself I walked 4 miles with Leslie yesterday afternoon. It took every ounce of motivation in me to keep walking for those last 15 min. I was SO tired and getting bored after 40 min. BUT I did it and it felt awesome. I'm shooting for 2 miles when I get home from work tonight.

I'm finally going to make appts to try on bridal gowns. I have literally waited as long as I can wait and I'm just so dissapointed that I don't wear a smaller size by now. I was on such a great roll last year-and now I'm so struggling. But I've made up my mind-I still have 7mos til the wedding which is PLENTY of time to get where I want to be. Only I can change my size!! I can do it!

Ok-that was long!

Nicole-wow girl I'm so impressed with your weekend loss!

It's back to mini goals for me

Monday: eat a nice big breakfast, pack my lunch and get 2 miles in with Les. I KNOW I can do that!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #8  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! I had a busy weekend too, and just feel so worn out this morning. I have been trying to get everything on my list done this morning so that I can veg out this afternoon while the kids sleep. We have my FIL's tiny toy poodle staying over for few days trying to breed her with Skippyjon. It is all kinds of puppy love nasty at my house!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Katie - that is just gross! I'm eating!!! Hey, maybe you just helped me out... I don't have much of an appetite now
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #10  

I just want to say kudos to all you Moms! I don't know how you do it all! I am exhausted trying to keep up with work, cooking, cleaning, preparing lunches, exercise, medical appointments, financial planning and everything else that comes with keeping life organized! I can't imagine keeping up with all that plus managing the lives of little ones too! You Moms (and Dads too) are amazing!
Old 02-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #11  
Post-Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Morning everyone! I had a busy weekend too, and just feel so worn out this morning. I have been trying to get everything on my list done this morning so that I can veg out this afternoon while the kids sleep. We have my FIL's tiny toy poodle staying over for few days trying to breed her with Skippyjon. It is all kinds of puppy love nasty at my house!
You are freeking killing me over here, Katie

Kristin....so sweet of you, but I assure you, it is the labor of love. Something inside of you begins to grow the moment you become a parent......and it all works itself out. If it were up to drive and ambition and skill alone, I would probably have my kids taken away from me.... I think it is God's way of making sure the species goes on.......
Old 02-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #12  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewljz View Post
Katie - that is just gross! I'm eating!!! Hey, maybe you just helped me out... I don't have much of an appetite now
Haha, anytime, anytime.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #13  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hi everyone! I gained over the weekend, BOO. But I am newly motivated and ready to kick booty this week!

I saw a segment on the Today show with Kathie Lee and Hoda woman this morning. A lady lost 175 lbs with WW by doing it 5 lbs at a time. I am using that and running with it. I am changing my tickers to reflect 5 lbs at a time and no more!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi All, I also had a less than spectacular weekend eating wise. Skipping lunch and afternoon snack on Saturday got me totally off track. At least I don't think I went over on my exchanges on Saturday, it just sort of got me out of a groove and then I had trouble getting back in even today... So now I'm doing a TO since nothing resets the groove for me more than that....

Amylou, I do think you are right and that eating more proteins, and having some of your reserve points might just jump start your metabolism. I would try to pick a dress that could be altered easily if you should lose a great deal of weight before you wed. At least ask about it before you chose, so you don't end up having to go out and buy a whole new one last minute.

Nicole, I'm really jealous of your 0.2 pounds right now! Really over a weekend that would be great for me. I'm still fighting my weekend demons.

Julie, I suppose your punishment is just listening to the voices in your own head next time you step on the scale.

Kristen, It sounds to me as if you ate something salty. If you are doing a food diary, go back and try to determine what was loaded down by salt. I had quite a few nasty surprises like that at first. Rotisserie chicken is loaded with it as are many cuts of turkey. some frozen dinners, soups... There is so much loaded with salt out there. Are you using the morton salt? Sometimes that is helpful in keeping the water weight away.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #15  

Oh yeah I think it was salt for sure! Had some popcorn at the movies! No butter but had some seasoning to make it tastier! I'm sure that was loaded in salt....yeah that was my dinner that day...not a great choice but better than the poutine my DB was eating lol. Do you guys have poutine down in the states?