Old 02-25-2009, 06:09 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone.
I haven't been posting cause I am doing really horrible with my w/l. I did find not one but two jobs, so I am feeling good about that. I am trying to settle into my new schedule and need to make a commitment to do a TO and follow express for 2 weeks after. One job is as an administrator so I can eat healthy and pack snacks, the other is at a Montana's restaurant with free staff meals every shift It is so tough to pass that up after smelling and seeing all the yummy food all night. I need to figure out a way to cope with that. And it's not like I can't ask the kitchen to modify the meal for me. I am going to try to do TO this weekend, we'll see.
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #62  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Wow, Erin, congrats on the new job. It sounds like it has a lot of nice perks You know.......I know you hate your size and all, but you really aren't that haavy for your height, and I hope, soon, you can stop being so hard on yourself about it. I know it is healthier for you to be a bit thinner, but you really don't have to go all the way down to 135, do you? Why not make a goal of say, 150 first....and really shoot for that, and let yourself be happy with that for a while? I know, it is hard to change your mind, but we all get sooo down on ourselves, that sometimes it is just too hard to get back up. In any case, I am happy to see you here posting....stay with us, no whether you are doing well with WL or not.........we hang together through thick and thin (pun intended).

Good morning everyone else. I couldn't resist posting my WI this a.m. on my race race to 20 ticker. I may have to adjust it tomorrow...we'll see. I was down two pounds yesterday after being sick, and up a bit today....but still less than my Tues. WI......so I just had to see what that looked like. If the loss doesn't stick.....I will re-adjust......but I just couldn't resist.

My baby brother is coming here tomorrow to help DH work on my boys bedrooms. They are being remodeled right now. My other brother and family may come too......not usre yet. And then my baby bros family is coming the following weekend....so food times could be tough.....but I will prevail. I really want to keep this loss...............the rest of the month was such a stall for me........and I want to xcontinue to move in the right direction.

Ok, time to get my contacts in and start cleaning. My puppy is still having some issues with potty training. She is making me feel stupid.........I trained my mini schnauzer in no time......this girl is really making me work for it. So, I must clean carpets today......lucky girl, huh?

Oh, and as far as the dentist.....it went wonderfully. The staff was great with the kids, and out of 5 mouths, we only had 2 fillings......and one was a chip..so I cannot complain. Also, DD is going to have her front two teeth bonded. She has a small gap, and we were told she would need braces...but this dude says her teeth are beautiful and her bit is goood, so he can just fill that tiny space.....and we are all delighted abou that news........espcecially DD The kids were all fantastic......filled out their own health histories and everything........and one of the hygentists, as well as the dentist, told me I had a very nice family as we left. That, my friends, is like a huge payraise or cash bonus to me. It's one of those tiny comments that can make my whole week. So, it turend out pretty nice

Ok, time to work
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #63  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

I have a quick question for all of you....Can we have sugar free fudge-sicles? What do we count it as? A dairy or a starch. They are 40 calories. Thank you in advance.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #64  
Kim - IP 9/10

Hey Evette - good to see you, I was just thinking that we haven't heard from you in a while!

I don't have my stuff in front of me, but I would think that one 40cal fudgesicle would either be a condiment or a starch. I don't think it will count as a dairy.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

Good Morning

Thanks for the encouragement Nicole. It feels good to land back on my feet that's for sure. I was thinking the same thing about adjusting my goal. 150 is easy for me to maintain and I feel good at that weight instead of forever trying for 10-15 more. I am trying to focus more on healthy than thin but it is hard to erase so many years of wishing to be this weight or that size.

I am glad your dentist was good, that can be such a tramatic experience if the proper care isn't taken. Great job on the loss, you have been doing great. Hopefully your family will understand and share in your success by being super supportive. Oh and have fun cleaning carpets
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

I had my health risk assessment at work yesterday and everything was fine. All my levels were good last year when I was heavier also, so no big surprises there, but I didn’t have any “red flags” for suggested improvements (namely the one about losing weight) so I was happy about that. I also scheduled a fitness assessment and went to do that yesterday evening. The girl that did the assessment measured my body fat at 27% and said that was a normal range and that if I wanted to get healthier that I should shoot for 23%. I did a treadmill test, pushups, crunches and flexibility and scored above average in treadmill and crunches, but below average in pushups and flexibility. She told me that I am pretty fit for not having a regular exercise routine, I explained that I chase 3 kids around constantly and she agreed that this could be counted as physical activity – so I can thumb my nose at my doctor that disagrees with that theory I felt pretty good about the assessment when I left and would like to say that I am newly motivated to exercise regularly… but I’m not. She is going to schedule another meeting and set up a workout plan to include some express plans for me to follow since I am always short on time, so hopefully this will be the kick in the butt that I need. Wish me luck!

Last edited by jewljz; 02-26-2009 at 12:17 PM.
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:19 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Evette, I might count the 40 calorie thing as 2 condiment servings myself.

Erin, Congrats on the 2 jobs. Years from now you will likely want to go back and shake your younger self for being upset at times when you were fine and healthy, I know I do.... Lord please curse me with the body that I used to think was so fat! We women are so hard on ourselves we never seem to allow ourselves to be just accepting of our bodies.... and we really should.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #68  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

just popping in to say hi.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #69  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Thanks everyone for all of your input. Hi Nicole, Kim and Jullian!!!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:42 PM   #70  
twinkletwinkle1

Default Hello

Hi everyone,

I joined this site quite a while ago, but never really got involved with posting, really just read what everyone else had to say. This time I am going to try and participate much more. I think this forum will help me achieve my goals. I joined LA 10/2006 and went from 217 to 169. Now look at me (ticker) I am very upset with myself. All of our centers are closed here in Michigan. I have benn following Red w/one South beach bar a day, plus I workout about an hour fifteen min. daily x 6 days. I just started again Tuesday. I feel very defeated right now, because I allowed myself to get back to the 200's (sigh........... ) Anyway, every scale I have reflects different things, I keep buying new ones and having to return them, so the weight I have in the ticker is the closest estimate I have. I am just going to guage my weight loss by that scale for now. Sorry for rambling...this post was just supposed to be a hello. So HELLO all.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Julie, We were posting at the same time. 27% fat is in the healthy range. The thing that motivates me to exercise is fear of regaining the weight and the knowledge that virtually everyone who does not exercise regains their weight loss. Of course it is hard when you have a house full of kids. You are their example of how people should take care of themselves, and I still wish I had done better when my own DD was living with us. She has such bad habits, and I taught them to her.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:59 PM   #72  

Barbara - that is exactly why I am so down on myself about not exercising... I know that realistically eventually I will need to add those foods that I've been avoiding for so long back into my diet... in fact I have started on occasion (mostly weekends). I know that the key to being able to do this is through exercise, but right now its just been easier to not eat the bad stuff and not exercise. I WANT to be stronger, I WANT to look fitter, but I don't want to exercise... I'm lazy. I'm really trying to find what my motivation will be to get moving. Luckily my kids are pretty small and still moldable when it comes to the healthy lifestyle teachings. I'm still struggling to get more veggies in them, but who doesn't struggle with that?!
Old 02-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #73  

welcome Wonnie! Love the screen name
Old 02-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #74  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

hi friends!

I'll have to come back to read through this mornings chats, but my mini goals have really been keeping me motivated!

I reached my mini goal yesterday- 3 miles with Leslie, early to bed (even slept in) and lean proteins.

Thursdays mini goal: only high fiber carbs (dress shopping next week!), lean proteins again and 45min of exercise!

I'll be back on later!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #75  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Amy.. I love the mini goals, that is such a great idea. I lifted the idea and have stuck to getting all my water in for 3 days now.

Julie, your kids are little, I find tossing mine in the wagon or stroller and/or on bikes and actually playing with them at the park gets me moving... it is a lot of fun too!

Nicole, glad the dentist worked out.. how do you get your little ones to open up?..lol

Erin, can you tell them at work that you can only eat certain foods on doctors orders?.. I work with food and that worked really well for me. We have a meal prep place and I gave them a list of all the foods I can eat and it keeps me accountable too. Congrats on the jobs!

I have a friends coming for tea.. gotta run
Later all!
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote