Old 02-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #46  
Amy

Hey guys!

I am feeling a tad better today, but just exhausted. God news is that I am down 2.5lbs since Monday! Yey!!!

I haven't gone to teh gym this weekas I have been realy sick, and am probably not going tomorrow either. I need one more day to recoup. I am still not eatting more than a few bites at every meal, so I think the gym is a bad idea for now. I will be back full swing Monday.

Well, off to eat some oatmeal, shower, and 4 classes! Ugh!

Cannot wait for the weekend!! AHH!!!!!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:26 AM   #47  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Well, Kristin......how did it go?

I have to say, I am quite frustrated. I lost 12 lbs in Jan.....and so far this month......a whopping 1.2 lbs. I am going out of town this weekend, which is always dangerous.......but I guess I am going to have to be PERFECT. I have been adding a few carbs here and there.....and maybe I added a few too many. So.......I will be extra good and strict today, and hopefully my Fri. WI will be good. I will buckle down and get tough next week when I get home.

Also, I am, well, had to put my puter down to get kids out hte door, and I totally forgot what I was going to say.......lol.

I have to finish my petits fours today. I am cheating a little, cuz I have theses adorable little heart cupcake pans......so I made those yesterday. I also made the simple syrup and frosting to fill them. Today I will assemble them and glaze them. This is a total art......had no idea what was all involved. For St. Patty's day, I will make some creme de menth petits fours, and I am super excited about those. Oh, I am sick, aren't I? I love baking though, and I usually don't bake when I am OP........and that sucks. It is like my reward for getting my cleaning and laundry done......baking that is..........and so it sucks when I don't get to do it. So, we'll see if I can pull it off or not.

Oh, I remember what I was saying. The YMCA is offering a no joining fee until the 28th of Feb........and I am seriously thinking of joining again. It is really nice for hte kids too.........so we'll see. Last time we were members, 6 yo DS (he was 4 at the time), fell at the pool, bumped his head, and had an impact seizure.......so I haven't really spent a lot of time there since. But, I am thinking about trying to get over it and checking it out again. Also, it would be a nice little break for 4 yo DS. He gets kind of bored here at home, and they have a really cool playroom for kids 4 and up there. hmmmmm, I might be talking myself into this

Ok, have to run.......4 yo needs to get out of tubby.
Stay strong everyone........the weekend is on the way
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

Kristen- Good luck on your WI. I'm sure you'll do well.

Amy- Taking it easy from the gym until you feel better is a good idea. I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Congrats on the weight loss.

Nicole- the petit fours sound yummy...stop teasing me...lol. Joining the YMCA sounds like a good idea. Good luck on a good WI.
joylove26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #49  

Height: 5'6

I have no idea what the scale will say tommorrow but I'm mentally preparing myself for whatever it may be. If there is no loss, or maybe even a gain I will just keep on going. I'm starting to think my body has a 1 week delay haha. Last week my diet was pretty bad and I still lost 2 pounds...when the previous week I had a good week and didn't lose as much....maybe this week I am paying for last week's bad week...lol

Regardless, besides feeling like I am getting sick I have been feeling really good...I feel awesome after a workout, my body feels stronger and I need to celebrate those little things, even if the scale doesn't show me anything. I think measuring tommorrow will help if I do see a gain...I will see how many inches I lost in just a month!

I'll be away this weekend and there will be drinking and food and whatnot....I will likely eat some bad things but I will try to keep the portions under control at least....then after that I am not going away for awhile and I am gonna be really good!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kristen, You never know, you might have a good weigh in. I've done the best on plan on trips when I take some healthy food with me. Bars are easy to pack, and sometimes I will bring a cooler with yogurt and fruit in it, and then we don't go out for breakfast. My DH is happy with this since it saves money on restaurants too. Don't pack pears in a cooler though... they don't travel well.

Nicole, You lost so much last month, that maybe your body just needed a bit of time to make that loss "real" and not just water weight. I'm sure the scale will start moving down again soon if you stick with eating better. The Y sounds like a fantastic opportunity really. It is so good for kids, even if there is an outside chance of them getting injured.

Joyce, I was just looking at your post and saw Sunny Florida and was immediately jealous. I could use a vacation in the sun right now.

Last edited by BarbaraB; 02-12-2009 at 01:57 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #51  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Nicole- Wow that is so awesome that you lost 12 pounds in January. I hadn't noticed that in previous threads. Good for you! I think you can afford to have a cheat day on Valentines day! Just a little one.
Kristin- Going away for the weekend can be killer but you seem very dedicated so hang in there and stick to your portion control. It's hard to say no to a drink especially on a weekend getaway!
Yesterday I had one of those days where I felt like eating anything and everything. I indulged in a piece of pie and it was sooooo good. Today I am back on schedule having all my water, eating my fruit and veggies!!!!
I am not going to beat myself up for having a treat. My goal right now is to get to 150 before March break. Its only 8 pounds but its tough when I don't have my weekly weigh ins anymore. It seems like I am not accountable to anyone. I just have to do it!!!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #52  
Amy

Hey you guys...

I don't know if any of you are nurses, but I know you're all moms... I think I have bronchitis. From what I have read online, there's no prescription meds for it and it takes about 2-3 weeks to heal. Great. Just great. Just in timefor Valentine's weekend with my new DH!!! AHH!!

I feel like there's mucus in my throat (can hear it when breathing), but I can't cough it up. When I cough, it sends waves of pain through my head. I am prone to headaches, so I hope this is just part of it.

Anyways, I have an appointment tomorrow for the Health Services at school. They can also prescribe medication if needed. The thing is I don't have 2-3 weeks to recover! I am taking 6 classes!

Anyways, any tips or suggestions in the meantime?
Old 02-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #53  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Okay this is gonna be gross (BTW I'm a Nursing Student ) What color is your mucus? (If you got any out...) That can be an indication of whether or not you have an infection. If it is yellow or green, then you could have an infection and will probably need an antibiotic before it progresses into pneumonia. Also if you can get some medicine that includes guaifenesin (usually Robitussin), that will help loosen the mucus so you wont have such a problem trying to cough it out. HTH! Other than that drinking lots of water will help (as it seems to help with everything!) And if you have any honey that will help your throat too.

Edited to add: Also, since you are a college student, do you get a flu shot and pneumonia shot every year? If not I highly recommend it! Us college kids are quite the germ carriers!

Last edited by bradleys mom; 02-12-2009 at 09:49 PM.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:16 PM   #54  
Amy

There's definitely no mucus of yet. I sound like a 60 year old smoker! I figure if they wont give m an antibiotic, then I'll get some Robitussim. I am going to beg for one though, as I read the recovery time is 2-3 weeks. I will miss so much school! And of course it's going to get colder here too, NOT good for my lungs.

Thanks Kim!
Old 02-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #55  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen View Post
Hey you guys...

I don't know if any of you are nurses, but I know you're all moms... I think I have bronchitis. From what I have read online, there's no prescription meds for it and it takes about 2-3 weeks to heal. Great. Just great. Just in timefor Valentine's weekend with my new DH!!! AHH!!

I feel like there's mucus in my throat (can hear it when breathing), but I can't cough it up. When I cough, it sends waves of pain through my head. I am prone to headaches, so I hope this is just part of it.

Anyways, I have an appointment tomorrow for the Health Services at school. They can also prescribe medication if needed. The thing is I don't have 2-3 weeks to recover! I am taking 6 classes!

Anyways, any tips or suggestions in the meantime?
On an herbal note, echinacha in capsule or tea form, Emergen-C morning and night, and tons of garlic, (I use the little pearls of garlic oil and take about 4 twice a day), also Goldenseal dries up mucus. Also, Vicks on the soles of your feet is really great for coughs. Hope you get feeling better!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #56  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

And, if you have a vaporizer use it! And if you dont have one buy one! Hot baths are good too (breathe the steam!)
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:09 AM   #57  

Height: 5'6

Happy Friday all! Well I managed to lose 0.4 lb this week. I was certainly hoping for more, but it's something so I will take it! Did my measurements too...lost roughly an inch everywhere, some spots less, some more...yay! I am shrinking! LOL
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #58  

Barbara- it just started getting nice again this week. It was downright freezing there for quite a while. I hated it. I hate cold weather, which is why I moved here. I'm so happy it's starting to warm up and hope it stays that way.

Amy- I really hope you start getting better soon. Being sick is no fun at all.

Kristin- It's great you managed a loss. Any loss is good for sure. Also, congrats on the 12 last month. That is a great loss. You also lost inches so you know your moving in the right direction.

Joan- As long as you got right back on track, one treat isn't going to hurt anything. Good luck on reaching your goal. You can definitely do it. 150 is my goal too but I have a long, long way to go.

Hi Kim and Katie, and everyone else out there I hope you are doing well and staying on plan.

As for me, I'm doing good and getting my exercise in. I walked .75 of a mile after work and then later in the evening did 30 minutes on the gazelle, which I'm definitely feeling today...lol. I also didn't have as much of an appetite yesterday and (even though I know it's not the best thing to do) I didn't get all my food in. I wasn't far off though and don't think it should hurt anything. My weigh in day isn't until Monday so I'm hoping to really see a loss due to adding in the exercise.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:58 AM   #59  

Oh yea, and this morning, I walked into the front office and people have brought in cookies and cupcakes. I was so tempted, but I'm proud of myself. I managed to walk away from it without taking anything. My self-control is getting stronger.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:05 AM   #60  
Katie

Height: 5'1

My taxes are here!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote