Old 01-22-2009, 05:21 PM   #91  
LAWL Salt Police

Joni.. That's a great list. The only problem is that while they are equivalent to a 100-Cal. pack of cookies, THEY AREN'T COOKIES!!

Nicole - That's exactly the point.. While it's "me time", I justify taking as long as I want by the fact that it's one less thing for Liz to do... I NEVER take the kids, which used to kind of wrankle Liz.. But then one time, we were out, so we all went together.. Liz quickly figured out why I never took the kids.. Their cries of "Can we get this?" and dilly dallying drove her nuts..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:40 PM   #92  
Amy

Hey guys!

It's really busy in here today! Like the old days!

Nothing going on here. THe past few days have been a blur. I am at school all day then come home for less than an hour and off to rehearsals. And again tonight. I am bumming it this weekend.

My thighs are killing me today! Yesterday I did Wii Fit with Jillian Michaels. It's REALLY good exercise, but the activity on the screen is difficult. Like the motions I am doing are supposed to move the character on the screen. It's not. But I just do the motions and don't mind that my girl stands still. The day before I did a bunch of jumping jacks and squats, so that is what Iam paying for.

I have ben eatting well, not getting in all my points or activity points either. Ugh. I am just too tired. I don't get to see DH this week as they're making him work OT. UGH! It's just getting worse!!

I am getting a new scale this weekend and will WI on Monday.

Hope all is well guys!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:20 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kim, My DH has long since been corrected in that thinking. It was long ago when I would occasionally want to go shopping without a toddler. I suppose being a SAHM like I was at the time, it was the closest thing I had to me time.

Dan, I know I minded going shopping a whole lot more if the kid was along. Let me tell you it only gets more expensive when they are in college and you take them along. Then because you do want them to eat a few nutritous things occasionally you find yourself paying 300$ at the cash register and walking out with one bag for yourself and wondering what just happened there... Of course there are those who say my DD may just be spoiled.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #94  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Nicole - PK = Preacher's Kid (according to someone way smarter than me!)
Dan - so right...they are not cookies...but I know I don't NEED cookies...right?
Jillian - sounds like Baby Xanthia Rose is sucking the life out of you even before she gets here.....but rest while you can! When's your next doctor appointment...maybe you need a boost in your pre-natal vitamins? But what do I know...remember, I'm kidless (well, I guess stepchildren count for something).

Okay - I really need to go do something productive...I'm hitting the gym early tomorrow morning because I was a slug today!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

So I have put this off for a week....... not a big deal, just have been sick of dealing with it in the real world so put it off in my cyber world.

The Police Dept called. and bumped me into the second phase of employment. being the security clearance phase. ... Background check, polygraph, drug screen etc..... I have no record, I don't drink, smoke or use drugs. I have nothing to hide, and therefore have nothing to lie about in the poly.... basically, I feel there is not much of a chance to fail this phase. They will be hiring people for all the slots, about 8 or 9. (I was ranked #7 after the testing phase) by the end of feb. Police academy starts Mar 17.

But I started this process last Aug. in the mean time, not know when they would call, I obligated myself to do child care for two families. both pregnant with their first babies. I felt I could not let them down.

Plus I had to balance doing what I have always dreamed to do, but be gone nights, weekends, and holidays..... sleeping at odd hours. gone for long hours.. and not being here for my 5 kids, especially the two youngest who are only 8 and 11. or... continue to start my home day care. be my own boss. follow my own rules. (My number one rule.... I will only babysit for Teachers... I want my summers of too!) and be her for my kids, my husband. be home all day, be able to throw in laundry or make meals......

After going in last thursday to start the second phase.... I was finger printed, mug shots. put into the system...... I called them back on friday afternoon. (after several hours of thinking, talking, crying, debating) and I told them I was pulling out. They respected my decision and welcomed me back anytime I was ready...

It still makes me sad. but I feel I made the right decision. and maybe some day I will go and try again. maybe next time even rank higher than 7th. but for now. child care fits our families needs. plus. I have been taking care of kids for almost 19 years! I can do it in my sleep!! literally.

ok. done.........
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #96  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Kimberly.....but was is PK?
A preacher's kid... Or in my case a pastor's kid...
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #97  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Ah, Lettie, that is a toughie. Sorry it has been such a heart wrencher for you. Sounds like you are comfortable with your decision though, and it is nice that they would welcome your back anytime. Good luck with your home daycare plans. I have done daycare for 9 years now. And I am still sane! Sort of......
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:30 AM   #98  
LAWL Salt Police

Tough decision, Lettie. I think no matter what, when we make big choices like that, there is always a certain amount of "buyers remorse" where question if we did right.

I think you did the thing you thought you should, which was very selfless, but you questioning that choice is completely understandible. At least they said you could always pick up where you left off.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:44 AM   #99  

Height: 5'6

Morning everyone! Weigh in day! I am down 2 lbs since Tuesday. With the ups and downs it seems like this weight is taking forever to come off...but bottom line is. I've lost 5 lbs in 10 days. That's pretty good. Doing WW I was happy to lose 5 lbs a month! I'm gonna kick up the exercise soon though...that should get the scale moving some more
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #100  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Height: 5'4"

Way to go Kristinx! I wish I could lose that fast! My weigh in is tomorrow...I hope I have as good luck as you! Congrats!
luv2clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #101  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

awesome job kristinx! keep it up! (our starting weight is the same and almost in height too!)

well, i have so much to do today and no ambition to get up and do it all. ugh.
i just want to rest and be lazy and do nothing. but alas, my family will be here this afternoon and i need to get stuff done. boo.
when will i get to rest???? ahhhh. i just wanna break down and cry, lock myself in my room and not come out for a few days. is that so wrong?

anyways..enough whining. gotta get going.
hope everyone has a good weekend.

Last edited by JLem311; 01-23-2009 at 09:17 AM.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #102  
Spirit2006

S/C/G: 240/just starting/180

Height: 5'-3'

as you exercise fat turns to muscle...and muscle weighs more than fat..results are slow...but worth it
Spirit2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #103  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

WTG, Kristin!!!!

Jillian........have a cup of coffee......baby won't mind hat much

Lettie.......I totally get it. I think you will be happy with your decision. You remind me so much of me. Everytime I think of venturing out into the work force, my heart starts hurting........

Ok, I have to go check my FB and then get back to work.
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #104  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit2006 View Post
as you exercise fat turns to muscle...and muscle weighs more than fat..results are slow...but worth it
It depends on how you do it. If you exercise with a focus on aerobic (cardio AND weight lifting) activity rather than just heavy weight lifting, the expansion of muscle is counterbalanced by the loss of fat. So in reality, you can lose weight even faster if you adjust your diet accordingly.

If you're just working out with sedentary weight lifting, you bulk up on muscle without addressing the fat/calorie burn, which can cause weight to increase or at least, slow the weight loss.

Kristin.. When you start bumping up your exercise routine, be sure to adjust your protein and fruit intake so that you can have a very small meal immediately following your workout. The protein/carb consumption immediately afterward (and by immediately, I don't mean an hour later) will help your body continue burning fat and calories while helping it recover (so you won't feel so sore the next day)...

I found that by cooking some chicken tenders before hand and freezing them helped in that area. As soon as I got home, I popped a couple strips in the nuker and had my mini-meal ready in seconds. Try to stay away from protein shakes and bars post workout, as lean-meat proteins seem to work best (at least they did for me)...
Old 01-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #105  

Height: 5'6

Thanks for the tip Dan. I'll have to try to workout as soon as I get home as I will be working out at home (have an elliptical and some free weights) then maybe have dinner? Will that work just as well or would that be too big of a meal. I usually have 2 servings of veggies, and a protein for dinner, with an occasional starch if I feel like a small potato or something.
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote