Old 01-22-2009, 12:11 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

joan - I didn't realize you were talking about the nose - that is probably equivalent to 2 ear piercings in my day. I did this on my own with a needle and ice when I was 14, my dad had a FIT! He went off on some tangent about how my body was not really MY body until I turned 18 years old! He made me take them out and let them close up... didn't stop me from re-doing it when I turned 18 and then getting a 3rd hole on one ear. I like Barbara's suggestion - tell her you'll talk about it when she's 15.

Dan - what is a 'ratio'?
Kimberly - what is a 'PK'?
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #77  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

I am soo Happy it's Thursday! Bring on the Weekend! HA!

I am not doing so great with the whole weightloss thing. It's hard. I think I am doing good but I am not losing. UGH! I guess I am frustrated. And I can't believe I can't do this with such a huge reason to, MEXICO! Seriously I can't lose 10 lbs to be in MEXICO! What is wrong with me?

I hope you all have a great day! Try to do personals later!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:35 PM   #78  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Cecil-stop focusing on mexico and set some mini goals that will lead up the the trip. Set a goal for this weekend and stick to it! Not a specific # to lose, but a food goal. Then set a goal for monday. And so on. It will all add up, it's all about staying focused. The second I "relax" on the dieting stuff, I stop losing. Even when I'm doing "pretty good"--that will only allow me to maintain. I KNOW you can lose 10lbs by Mex, but start taking it one lb at a time!

This week really has flown. I said that to DF last night and his response made me melt a little, "Time flies when you're in love" awwww. Only 9.5 months til we tie the knot! I'm getting very anxious about dress shopping. My arms are just crazy big-they are my least favorite body part and it looks like it's going to be hard to find a pretty dress that will cover them. So I keep putting off that shopping trip...

Julie-not sure where Dan said ratio or what it meant but I think Kimberly was referring to the fact that she is a "preacher's kid".

Alright so who is ready to lose this weekend?? My mom ended up cancelling her flight to come visit. My dad has become very sick with a severe kidney infection and is just not doing great so there was no way she was going to leave him. We are all bummed bc we had some fun stuff planned. It's nice when your DF actually likes your mom! The only bright side is that now I should have an easier time sticking to plan. My bro may still come down from Chico, but probably just for one night.

Ok-mini goal for today is to spread out my points. I had too many to eat last night and felt like I was stuffing my face, I ended up with 4pts to spare. I'm doing well with the carbs, so I plan to keep that up. I w/i on Tues-I would love to see 260!!

Last edited by amylou7777; 01-22-2009 at 12:36 PM.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #79  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinx View Post
Funny story...my stepson wanted his ear pierced and his mother took him to do it....he's 9...yeah 9 and told them what ear he wanted it in..completely unaware of the whole socially accepted idea that one of your ears pierced (I forget left or right) means you're gay...so now he wonders why kids are calling him gay...he just wanted to be cool...
Anyway...I had quite a few piercings myself...one in a quite questionable area...but they were all ways to express myself at the time...they all came out eventually and left minor scars...I find 14 a little young....but then kids are doing everything younger now
When I was a teen, it was the right ear that meant you were gay, but I didn't think that stereotype still held up today.. Interesting..

I have several co-workers, very "manly" rough and tumble types who have both ears pierced and I don't think they would react too kindly to someone suggesting they were anything but straight..

What gets me are those big fat loops kids are putting in their ear lobes these days that create the big holes.. I mean.. How do they think that looks when they try to get a serious job? Or is it that they just don't care?
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #80  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewljz View Post
joan - I didn't realize you were talking about the nose - that is probably equivalent to 2 ear piercings in my day. I did this on my own with a needle and ice when I was 14, my dad had a FIT! He went off on some tangent about how my body was not really MY body until I turned 18 years old! He made me take them out and let them close up... didn't stop me from re-doing it when I turned 18 and then getting a 3rd hole on one ear. I like Barbara's suggestion - tell her you'll talk about it when she's 15.

Dan - what is a 'ratio'?
Kimberly - what is a 'PK'?
Opps! a "ratio" is what I accidently typed on my Ipod instead of "tatoo".. That's what I get for trying to type too fast on that thing with my big ol' clumsy thumbs, without proofreading before I hit send...
Old 01-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #81  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the Kick Amy! I needed it! I am just feeling defeated. Once I started maintaining I have not been able to go back to losing. I feel like I too need to switch things up and maybe go with WW? I just can't get back into the swing of things with LA?

How sweet of your DF! That is soo cute! I am sure you will find the dress of your dreams! So excited for you!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Cecil, Don't fret about what the number will be for Mexico, just eat the best you can and get in the most exercise you can manage, and you will do the best that could have been done.... Sometimes our bodies just get hung up on a number on the scale for a time. It is like they play favorites.

Laurie, I'm not on FB. I keep thinking that I should try it though. I go through phases where I just am sick to death of going to the grocery store, and other times when I don't mind so much. My DH used to think this was some sort of recreation for me. Crazy man actually said to me once, that I got to go grocery shopping so it was only right that I let him go play golf.... He implied the same thing about cleaning the house. That I was doing "my thing" and he was doing his. Somehow this did not go over too well with me.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

BARBARA! that is so funny! the things that men think are "our things"! Like rearing children or house chores! They get to have fun stuff as their "things"!

sorry Dan, I'm sure you're not like the rest of them... oh, and thanks for the explanation of 'ratio'! makes sense now. I thought I was falling really behind in the lingo department.

Amy - thanks for the definition of PK - never would have figured out what that one was and was actually thinking that poor Kimberly was PG again! Kimberly better knock on wood! Especially in her predicament
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #84  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
My DH used to think this was some sort of recreation for me. Crazy man actually said to me once, that I got to go grocery shopping so it was only right that I let him go play golf.... He implied the same thing about cleaning the house. That I was doing "my thing" and he was doing his. Somehow this did not go over too well with me.
Oh dear, does he still walk with a limp after that? Yikes.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:57 PM   #85  
LAWL Salt Police

Ouch!!

Of course, for me, grocery shopping is "me time" that still accomplishes something.. LOL
Old 01-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #86  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewljz View Post

Amy - thanks for the definition of PK - never would have figured out what that one was and was actually thinking that poor Kimberly was PG again! Kimberly better knock on wood! Especially in her predicament
LOL! You ain't kiddin'! If I found out I was pregnant again, I would have to be admitted to a Mental Health Facility!

Thanks Amy! lol!

(Oh, and BTW, cant get pregnant if you arent committing the "act" lol. Poor DH!)
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:44 PM   #87  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Good chatter going on today...Joan, you'll have to let us know what you decide to do. Personally, I say she should wait a couple years to get a nose piercing...but I'm old (fashioned).

Katie - I don't think Nicole is planting anything outside yet, but starting her seedlings inside...Nicole - are you planning another big garden like you had one year???

I often buy these 100 calorie snack things that are popping up everywhere and proceed to eat 2 or 3 packs, which really defeats the purpose. I saw this comparison on some newsletter I get and it's really food for thought - some of the amounts of stuff you can eat are staggering!

Compared to less than an ounce of some kind of packaged cookie crispy thing, try these alternate most filling 100-Calorie Packs

1¾ cups apple slices
1 medium banana
1 cup grapes
2 cups berries
1½ cups sliced peaches
1¼ cups orange sections
1¼ cups blueberries
2 cups diced watermelon
1 cup sliced pears
11/3 cup diced pineapple
1½ cups raspberries
1 cup cherries
2 large kiwifruit
3 clementines
4 cups cherry tomatoes or 10 plum tomatoes or 3 large beefsteak tomatoes
1 medium baked sweet potato
1 small baked white potato
2 cups carrot strips or slices
12 cups torn lettuce
10 large broccoli spears
8 cups sliced cucumbers (this should satisfy my crunch cravings!)
¼ of an avocado
5½ cups sliced bell or sweet peppers
5 cups whole raw mushrooms
32 spears cooked asparagus
2½ cups cooked green beans
80 snow or sugar snap pea pods
4½ cups mixed vegetable salad (without dressing)
½ cup cooked grain/rice/pasta (most, bulgur is ¾ cup)
1 jumbo hard-boiled egg
20 large boiled or steamed shrimp
2 oz chicken breast meat (a little more than 2 oz)
2 oz sirloin steak (a little less than 2 oz)
¾ cup plain fatfree yogurt
3 cups air-popped popcorn
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #88  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh, Amylou....sorry your mama isn't coming this weekend, and even more sorry your dad is sick. As far as the weekend goal......for this girl.......it is to lose 0.2 lbs. That's it, that's all i need.

Kimberly.....but was is PK? And, DH will be ok....... I didn't have much interest post partum for a couple of months....i think it is nature's way of making sure we don't end up knocked up at our 6 week check up It will all change all of a sudden.....and then he is going to want a break from you and your, "needs." lol

Dan.....my DH like to grocery shop too......but he never has to take the kids with him, and he gives himself as long as he needs......so i think that makes it less of a chore for him.....oh, and he can look at and drool over large amounts of meat

Ok, have to run......
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #89  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

heeheehee. Poor DH-I hope that you heal up soon. For his sake!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #90  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

oooh, good stuff, Joni.......we were posting at the same time. Not too sure about the big garden yet........have to talk to DH about it. It is hard, cuz we like to travel in the summer.........so we'll see

Holy crap.....almost 70 degrees here today. I gotta get outside
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote