Old 10-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil View Post
Thank you ladies! So you think it's a no no. I read online that it was a helathy dip? But it's sounds like it's high in fat?
We were going to make Lavosh which is kinds like pizza? But thinner crust.
I have a recipe that says to use hummus as the sauce and then cheese and veggies. I guess it would be a small amount and we could spread it really light?

Thanks for your insight ladies. Appreciate it!
Just make your own hummus. it is very easy and much more yummier.... (hee hee) just put a can of chick peas and some garlic and some lemon and some tahini (sesame seed paste, like peanut butter but out of sesame seeds) if you have it in a blender and blend it smooth. Olive oil is optional really. it makes it smoother and gives it a little more body but you can leave the fat out and it would taste ok. here is my favorite hummus recipe.....

3-16 oz cans chick peas
2 t minced garlic
3 T lemon juice
3/4 c roasted tahini
2 T olive oil + 2 T chickpea juice (from the can)
1 t salt

Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.

Garnish with black olives, paprika, and fresh parsley.

I like to toast pitas, cut them up and dip them like chips. yum!

JM!!!!!!! yeah, our wish is your command! you are here! Josie is soooooo cute!

ok. my update......... in a nutshell.... still trying to lose, but more motivated now. started testing for the local police dept. I have passed the first few tests, have a few more to get through, then hope to be at the march police academy.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #62  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Thanks Lettie! I will have to try that!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:47 PM   #63  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

I came on an hour ago just to lurk and got drawn to all the posts and pictures (Nicole - Maria is quite the centerfold babe! and Jllian - your two are just too cute!). Juliemarie - I often look at your blog and love your pics of Josie...glad to see you coming around a bit. I totally relate to all the posts and know that I just have to do something for me! Sadly, I now know what folks mean about the "tire" around the waist....I swear, it grew overnight....but it's there for all the world to see and everyone knows that extra stuff around the middle is causing heart attacks left and right. I need help, divine intervention, or a good swift kick to get me on track. I swear I don't pig out and I am exercising at least three mornings a week (boot camp at 5:15 AM for an hour). But, at my age, they say I need to exercise every day for an hour and track my calories to the tee! I definitely need to start logging and maybe that will be my goal for for the next week. To actually log my intake! okay..it's almost midnight and I must go. Dan - sorry to hear about Liz' job loss and Katie - all the best to you and your family to get through all their health issues. I know all too well what you are going through. Oh.....and Amy....so sorry to hear about your dear deer's demise. Kim - so what happened to your "Ruler" mugs?
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:29 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Hey Joni! good to see ya!

speaking of hearts and heart attacks and such.....

Just spoke with my mom last night, my dad went in for tests and they found that he needs open heart surgery. He goes to see the cardiologist on Nov 26 then in for surgery. He will be 80 in aug.

I am going to try and be really good this weekend, but no promises there, heading to branson.... there is a chance we are going to score tickets to se Bill Cosby Sat. night.

have a great weekend.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:03 AM   #65  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh, Lettie....I hope you get the tickets. I bet it would be the best show

Good morning everyone

I have to take my DD to her WIC appt in a few, but wanted to stop in and say good morning

JM.........WTG on the water. You lush. Isn't it funny how you get out of the habit so easy.......then one day you decide to drinky drinky, and you wonder how you ever got through the day w/o it? Weird.

Ok, have to run.......appt is at 10 and I am still in my pj's.
XOXO
P.S. Hi Joni Boot camp? Seriously? You are my hero
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #66  
Lolene

S/C/G: 188.5/176/148

Height: 5' 5"

Default Branson

Lettie,

My family went to Branson 2 summers ago and we had a blast. We drove from NY (in a Prius) with 2 big boys! But we had a blast. Best vacation we've ever had. We stayed for 10 days and saw lots of shows. I don't think we even scratched the surface. We went on the Branson Bell dinner/showboat. Saw the Beachboys, Paul Revere and the Raiders, a Magic show, a comedy show, a group called "Six"(they were great, they sing and do instrumentals all with there mouths and hands, not instruments.) We went to the Dolly Parton dinner/show, the Wax Museum, Butterfly Palace, the Titanic, rode the Ducks. We were busy every day! My boys were only 10 and 14 at the time and they thoroughly enjoyed everything. I'm sure they have lots more that we didn't have time for and more for adults.

Have a great time.

Lolene
Lolene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #67  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Lolene, how are you?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #68  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang... Hope yer all having a good week.. Liz had a really good interview yesterday and should hear something either late today or early on Monday. Keep them fingers crossed..

Doing pretty well, diet-wise this week, so here's hoping that carries into the weekend.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:37 AM   #69  
Karen

S/C/G: 223/190/130

Height: 5'2'

Good morning everyone.

Repo Girl, I'm in Twin Falls, I see you're in Rexburg -- not all that far away.

Yes, Branson sounds like lots of fun. We are lucky here in Twin Falls, we are about 45 minutes from Jackpot, Nevada and they bring a lot of good shows there. Nothing on the scale of Branson, but we do get to see a lot of good shows without having to go too far.

We are having a "harvest party" tomorrow -- wish me luck for staying on plan!
purplefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #70  
Lolene

S/C/G: 188.5/176/148

Height: 5' 5"

I'm good Katie, thanks for asking. Not so good weight wise, but otherwise. I have gained about 20 lbs. like many around here and need to re-think and re-motivate.

Have a good week-end

Lolene
Lolene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:17 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Hi everyone! I've been MIA for a little while now. Things are going pretty good, I'm losing slowly but surely...

Jillian - I won a prize for the pumpkin fluff dessert! We were having a dessert contest and I made that and put it in a reduced fat pie shell - figured out that it was about 200 calories a slice, not bad! And since the slices were cut smaller for taste testing, it was even less

Nicole - I was wondering when you were headed this way - thought you might have already gone on that mini-vaca... it's a really nice time to come to texas because our weather is not sweltering... actually to me it is FREEZING COLD, but most people call me ridiculous for saying so. I keep telling my DH that I need to gain the weight back to make it through the winter! (he doesn't agree)

I started hitting the gym big time this week because the 1/2 marathon that I registered for is on Nov 16th - I definitely don't want to WALK 13 miles! I went to the gym the other day and ran 3.5 miles in 47 minutes and still felt like I could have gone for a while without stopping, so I think I might be ok... I just need to keep it up! Today was the first day in a long long long long time that I left the house without my food... just didn't have time this morning and so I'm kinda feeling wierd about not having anything to munch on...
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

ps - what ever happened to Debbie? I was thinking that I'm in the boat she was stuck in for a while... so close to goal you can taste it, but losing so slow...
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #73  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

julie--that's awesome that you won a prize for that! isn't it really great?! my DH loved it too!

so DH and I finally went and got our cars registered for this state. it's so much cheaper here in SD than it was in NC, so happy about that!
then i took a trip to the grocery store for a few things and now i'm back home.

i have parent/teacher conferences for DD tonight and that's about all that's on my plate for this weekend. i'm going to relax. my brother's wedding is next weekend, so there won't be much time for anything relaxing then. i'm excited to go back "home" since i haven't been in almost 2yrs. my mom's been badgering me about coming, so we finally are! and we're going to go for thanksgiving too...kinda because i don't wanna cook and i know my mom will. ha.

anyways. gotta go for now. be back later!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:02 PM   #74  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Purple fingers- Oh, I love Twin Falls. My DH really wants to move there. It seems to be a bit more liberal than our area. That would be nice. We head to Jackpot a couple of times a year to get our gambling fix, LOL.

Lolene- Yeah, you are singing to the choir. A lot of us are dealing with gains.

Julie- Freezing cold? I guess it is all about what you are used to. It is already getting as cold as 15 degrees here at night. I am wondering what winter is going to bring us this year. Keep on keeping on. You will get there!

Dan- I will keep my fingers crossed for Liz!

Lettie- I hope you have a blast in Branson!

Nicole- Look, my kids drew a picture of me!

Joni- Hmmm, divine intervention...I like that one. Where can I sign up for that?

JM- How is it going today?

Tonight we are going to an old bar and grill that is supposed to be haunted. The people who own it practice Voodoo. We are going to a dinner and ghost story show. I am crazy excited. I am dressing up like a vampiress. I will try to post a pick. Hope I don't get scared silly!

Have a good weekend everyone!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:29 PM   #75  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Nicole- Look, my kids drew a picture of me!
Have a fun time tonight. I so need to get DH to go have some fun with me soon. We are kind of stuck in a rut of just working, eating, and sleeping.

Julie.....good to see you. So, we are going to San Antonio. What do I need to know about it?

Hi Jillian, Lolene, Purple, and Dan
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote