Old 10-10-2008, 08:34 AM   #31  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello all.

Hope things are going well for everyone. I am trying to maintain and not get back up over the 150 mark, but it is hard. I take it off, put it on, take it off, put it on. The change in the weather is not helping with this never ending cycle either.

With the Gas prices sky high here it has been hard for me to spend the extra money on the fresh veggies that I need to follow this diet. Thats my excuse anyway.

Good to see everyone.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #32  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Cheryl,
don't dispair.......we have all been through the hard sell. Hold your ground. I am currently not OP, but when I am OP, I lose very well witout lites. Unfortunately, even if I wanted to eat them, my body says no. I get horrible stomach aches, gas, and skin irritation (zits) from them. I didn't really know I had trouble tolerating soy products until LAWL. If you tell them you have experienced any of these problems, they will back off for sure. Although, you should not have to tell them anything except, "no thank you." They will get it eventually. hang in there, and welcome
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #33  
Post-Master

P.S.........hi everyone :
Old 10-10-2008, 10:43 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone!

I got so frustrated last week at my cod I haven't gone all week. I told her I was tired of hearing contradicting information and follow all of their suggestions just for the next councellor to tell me I shouldn't have been doing that and that's why my w/l is slow. It is infuriating. So on Wednesday a councellor called me and I told her I wasn't coming this week and I didn't know if I was ever going to set foot in there again. She is a really nice lady and I wasn't rude to anyone there ever, but at least she seemed to actually listen to why I was upset. Our conversation got cut short but she said she was going to call a dietician on my behalf. I dunno, I am honest when I cheat and I follow 95% of the time to a T, measure and weigh everything. The times I don't follow are at bbqs or family dinners when I can't say exactly what I ate....or too much liquid starch. I guess I had higher expectations than averaging 1lb per week. My goal date is 6 weeks away and I still have 20lbs to lose. It is discouraging.

Okay so I got that out, thanks for letting me vent.

If I decide to go back, fine. If not I am NOT gaining anything back and will continue with my 1lb per week on my own. I needed to let out all that negativity and resentment, and now back to positive thinking.

Here is my plan. Continue with the gym 3-4x week for an hour. Eat on plan 2 no lites and record my foods at sparkpeople (I love it there Only expect to lose 1lb per week so I am not continually dissapointed in myself.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #35  
Not Obese at 191

Hi all,

I have been on the program for 2 months today! Very happy about it,,because this program is really the first one that looks like I can continue on as lifestyle change even after I am not on diet. Its so non-restrictive compared to those no/low card diets out there.

Amy - I buy the frozen veggies at Kroger (10 bags for $10), they are cheap and are easy to cook, I just microwave them for 7-8 minutes and then season them. Fresh veggies are definitely more expensive and much more work to cook!

I agree with Nicole about the LA Lites. I myself said at the beginning that I am allergic to soy and they have never asked me anything after that and that's how it should be.

Erin, sorry to hear you are feeling angry at the counselors but I agree with you, I had similar experience too, it was one girl - she is very nice and all but every time I met with her she would give me wrong advise and then when I go back they tell me "oh, you should not have done that,,she is new, she doesn't know." They actually gave me an additional week because of that. Also, at my center they said the average weight loss is 1.6 to 2.0 lbs per week and not 2.0 lbs as they advertise. Another think they said to me was that after 10 weeks my weight loss will slow down and so I should be prepared for that. I am just sharing all of these things so that you know it happens with everyone and its very difficult to have the promised 2lbs/week loss.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Ana
Ana08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:39 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 152/148/125

Height: 5'1"

Thanks Nicole for the encouragement! I didn't realize that the LA lites were soy-based until I read your post. I have an underactive thyroid and was told to limit my soy intake, so that should keep them off my back. When I went in, the manager was in the room with another counsellor so I think she was just trying to impress. Too bad it left me with a foul taste in my mouth when I'm just starting this program.

Does anyone know how exercise affects the results? I workout 3 times per week and do weights and cardio. Will LAWL consider inches lost as keeping OP? I see it as sucess and that's all that really matters...

We are celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend both at my mom's and at my in-laws. Guess I'll be making salads to take!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cheryl
I'm thankful for a strong, healthy body today!
Cheryl1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #37  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Erin, I am in your boat, I was getting the same 5 suggestions every time I went in the the COD, and I am loosing 1lb a week now on my own by sticking to the plan. I have all the info I need and have you all to be accountable to.. so all I have to loose is the lbs! Hang in there and keep at it!

We have my family here for thanksgiving this Monday so it will be nice to see everyone. We are all OP so that makes cooking easy... Have a great weekend all! Kids are home today so I was making them clean... now they are off to the park in the rain. *hugs*
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #38  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

I haven't been on in forever but wanted to send a Thanksgiving hello from Canada to all you oldbies and the newbies.
Hope you are all well and I'll try to check in next week.
Miss you and think of you often
xoxox
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:26 PM   #39  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

I can totally relate to those of you having a bad week. I din't go to my centre this week either not because I don't like them but just because I had a bad week. My Dad was having heart surgery, my daughter was at the orthodontist, my dog at the vet and company at the house!!! I did not eat normal all week. I don't think i gained weight but I certainly didn't lose any. Maybe I will go weigh in tomorrow A.M.
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #40  
Post-Master

HI KRISTEN!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you.......and to all of you to the north of us Have a great weekend everyone.........I am off to Wisconsin to see the folks.

I made a pledge with my girlfriend Julia today. Monday........GAME ON!!! Look out world........I'm bringin' sexy back........yep.
XOXO
Old 10-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Nicole, You go girl.

Kristen, Hi, your girls are still so sweet looking.

Erin, I do think that the 2 pounds per week thing just sets people up for disappointment. If you look at it rationally, you have to cut 1000 calories a day from your intake to lose 2 pounds of fat per week. I went online and calculated the approximate resting calorie rate for someone your height and weight is about 1700 calories a day, so you add on whatever exercise (including housework or active work) you do a day on top of that, so perhaps you average 300 calories a day.... so that would put your calorie expenditure at 2000 calories, to lose 2 pounds a week you would have to go to the dangerously low (below what they will put you on for LAWL) 1000 calories a day. So it is just not possible to sanely lose 2 pounds a week in your situation unless you were burning more like 700 calories a day or more in exercise, on average, every day. If you did lose at a faster rate, you would have to be losing muscle mass as well as fat, and you'd end up prepped to regain the weight quickly at the end of your weight loss. That is what happens when you go on a crash diet and lose very quickly. It is not fat you lose, but your muscles, so when you attempt to go to maintenance, your ability to burn calories is severly compromised and you have set yourself up as more likely to gain the weight back. So please just have patience with your body, and don't expect it to drop pounds faster than it can really do.
This is a good plan to end up lean and healthy and ready to maintain that for life at the end.

I had a super bad day myself. My niece who was 20 died in her sleep Wednesday night. Very unexpectedly, who expects a 20 year old girl who has no major health issues to die like that. She did have some epilepsy, but it was under control and I believe it had been a while since she had a siezure and there was no sign that she had a seizure on the night that she died. My whole family is totally reeling. She was my sister's only child, so my sister is beyond devastated. Anyway, even though my heart is totally broken, I decided that it is not a reason to go out and binge... although I did have a glass of wine.... just one though... to help me sleep last night, because I was just sick with the thought of my sister stuck in Chicago trying to get back home when she found out her daughter was dead.... She went to a conference. It was nice that Verizon (who she works for) sent someone with her home, so she didn't have to think and didn't have to drive herself home, since she was just so in shock. Anyway, I think a trip up to Seattle is in my near future.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #42  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello kristen! so great to "see" you!

barbara--so sorry to hear about your niece. i'll be thinking of you and your family.

just wanted to post that i rented one of those baby heartbeat dopplers from an online website (to surprise DH) and it arrived today and we were able to find and hear the heartbeat! i haven't had a dr appt yet, but i have my first next week (on friday) so it was great to finally hear the baby and know that it is indeed in there! this is DH's first child (and my third) and he started to cry. it was so sweet. i have the doppler for a month (only $20) so excited to keep using it.
anyways..just wanted to share my excitement and joy.
hope everyone has a good weekend and happy thanksgiving to the canadians.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:07 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

Oh my gosh Barbara I am so sorry for your families loss. It is so sad that a young womans life was cut so short. My thoughts are with you and your family. I can only imagine how devastated your sister must be.

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement and realism. Your right I could never be as fit as I am and lose 2lbs per week. I definately choose fit and healthy over a lower # on the scale.

I appriciate you all sharing your experiences similar to mine, it really does help to make me feel successful in my w/l battle. I suppose we all want to believe what they tell us...but as the old saying goes if it sounds to good to believe, it is.

Jillian it sounds like you really have a great man by your side. How exciting to hear a heart beat growing inside you!!

Hoochie, it sounds like a horrible week. Shake it off and get back up, you can do it

It's great to see you excited and motivated Nicole, when you bring sexy back send a bit this way

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians. I am thankful for my health, family and friends and for all of you my fellow losers
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:25 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 255/231/151

Height: 5'2

Hey Everyone

After my terrible terrible week I have managed to stay steady at my weight no gain, no loss.

I plan to work hard starting on Monday ( tomorrow is thanksgiving) I plan on eating smaller portions at dinner tomorrow and eating on plan throughout the day. I am also contributing a veggie platter to dinner, so will know I will have options.

Hopefully next week is better emotionally and eating wise
jesskahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:42 AM   #45  
LA Weight Loss

S/C/G: 156/110/110

Height: 5'0"

Barbara- I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your niece! I hope you and your family and doing okay.
misserica3 is offline   Reply With Quote