Old 10-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #16  
LA Weight Loss

S/C/G: 156/110/110

Height: 5'0"

Hey guys~ I'm so frustrated from today.. I went to weight in at LAWL this morning, and apparently I gained 1.7 pounds from last Thursday. Ahhh how frustrating. And the counselor that I was with told me it was probably because I ate grapes and carrots too many times since my last weigh-in. (which was only two times) Ugh, makes me so frustrated and mad- I'm proud of myself for staying on track and eating my fruits and veggies. I didn't know there were "good" and "bad" fruits/vegs.
misserica3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #17  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Erica - don't stress too much about the sclae showing a gain, especially if you were following the plan. It could be any number of factors, time of day, time of month - anything! If you stick to the plan, that 1.5lbs will dissappear just as quickly as it appeared.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #18  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Seems to be a lot of people struggling lately... I hope you all are finding tips/tricks to keep at it! You go! I have been doing well on plan, but not loosing. I am not cheating at all but think I will go back to the express program for awhile (I lost the best on that in the beginning 6 weeks). My parents are here for thanksgiving this weekend but thankfully they are both on plan.. so we have nothing to worry about! Hope you have a good POPing day!.. off to get in my breakfast.
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Erica, It is most likely something salty that you ate. A little bit of salt can really cause havoc on your weigh ins. I retain water if I drink diet coke too, about a pound for each can of the stuff.... So you just need to learn what makes your weight go up. Stick with the plan and drink plenty of water and you'll see the scale go right back down. Sad fact of weight loss, that weight fluctuates more from day to day than we can lose in a couple of days, so often it appears to not be working, when it is in fact working. So hang in there. We can all do this, it just takes patience an perserverance and a change in our relationship with food.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:20 PM   #20  
LA Weight Loss

Thanks for the support guys.. It's just been a tough week for me! Hope u all are doing well =)
Old 10-08-2008, 02:31 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

What is Thanksgiving in Canada? just curious - I'm really naive when it comes to other countries... actually I'm really naive in anything that does not involve my work, my kids, the schools, or my finances... Someone fill me in (not on everything, just the Canadian Thanksgiving!)
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #22  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi Erica! I am in ND too! Where are you at?

Did you where something different to your weigh in? Don't let it get you down. Like babr said it was probably sodium. I always drink a ton of extra water whenever I am up or have something with more sodium then usual.

Hi ladies! Hope all is well... I haven't been to the center for about 2 weeks again. I need to get in there but I am scared what the scale may say.... I think I need to get a scale again. It will make me more accountable, mine broke so I wasn't even weened off of it I just stopped using it because it was broke.

Anyway question when you others went on Maintenance how often did you go to Center. I have a hard time making myself go but I know I should....

Have a great rest of the day Ladies and Gents!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #23  
LA Weight Loss

Hi Cecilia- I live in Minot, where do you live? Nice to meet a fellow North Dakotan.. ) And I don't think I wore anything different on my weigh-in day.. I usually try to just wear shorts and a t-shirt, so there's no big sweatshirts weighing me down!

How long has everyone been on LA weight loss here???
Old 10-09-2008, 12:28 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Julie - Thanksgiving in Canada is simply 'Thanksgiving'
Turkey,stuffing, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie....on yeah and family.
We just celebrate on a different date - we like to spread our Stat holidays out evenly
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #25  
LAWL Salt Police

Good morning ladies! Been a busy week and I've been too tied up to post..

Liz and I had a FANTASTIC time at the Great Big Sea concert last night in Albuquerque.. Very intimate venue with about 300 people in attendance, which, according to the lead singer was more than they hoped for since this was the first time they've played Albuquerque and there was practically NO advertising for the show.. Quite a few out of towners and even a few Newfies in the audience.. My friend from Denver who came down for the show said it one of the best she'd seen.. Lasted about 3 hours with two encores...

OK.. Back to work.. Be one with your POP!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 268.0/tracker/170.0

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone--I joined LA and so far weigh the same thing I did when I started 5 months ago! That is so depressing. I lost but then over the summer so many things came up and I didn't have enough self-control to withstand them so here I am in October weighing the same thing I did in May. Anyway, I got depressed because I had spent all that money and had nothing to show for it (my own fault) but now I'm thinking it's time to get back OP. I need to focus on mini-goals. The ladies at my center are so nice, but I feel so guilty going in knowing I haven't lost a pound. *sigh* I need help.

Last edited by bigsexy; 10-09-2008 at 01:23 PM.
bigsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:37 PM   #27  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. just wanted to stop by and check in while i was on the computer for a bit. hope everyone is doing well and has a good weekend!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 152/148/125

Height: 5'1"

Default Not gonna cave!

Hi! I'm a chubby mommy of 3 kids who haven't been babies for quite awhile! Joined LAWL because I thought it might help to have someone to answer to 3 times per week. But after the hard-sell I received today to spend over $700 for the lites, I hardly want to return. Has anyone else felt that much pressure to pre-purchase the bars? The woman wouldn't take NO for an answer. I purchased two boxes for the next few weeks, but I would rather increase my intake of real food than eat those things. Can I be successful without the bars? I'm okay to take the weight off a little bit slower.

Help me!
Cheryl
Cheryl1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #29  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

Hey there everyone,

I thought I'd pop in and say hi. Things have been pretty good for me this week. No big losses but I've been relatively welll behaved and on plan. Hopefully, I will survive Thanksgiving without the fat attack.
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #30  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi all! Will power I have none lately! UGH! So frustrating I really need to get back into the swing of things. I have not been terrible but I few things here or there add up as we all know. I am getting a membership at anytime fitness today! I can't wait! I hope this will help with me being motivatd and losing my last ten.

Erica, I am in Fargo. Kinda far but not too bad!
Are you feeling better after your WI?
Drink a ton of water and I bet you will be back down by the time you WI again!

Well I hope you are all having a great day!

Sushi for dinner tonight! I can't wait!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote