Old 08-31-2008, 09:40 AM   #1  
Uggg... I goofed again.

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'3"

Default The Step Diet - September

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to September!

Set your goals for the month and lets get to stepping!

Last edited by sassybiscuit; 08-31-2008 at 09:47 AM.
sassybiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #2  
Uggg... I goofed again.

Well after a grueling month of August, I've set my new goal for September 446,000 steps. I'm off for my final month before a maintenance month! WHOO-HOO!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Evening all! I'm back! Had a great labor day weekend! Got tons of steps in at the fishing derby and indian festival in tahlequah oklahoma. it was their annual celebration of the 7 clans, so it was very interesting and fun. Lots of arts and crafts and out door things to do and it was HOT! I was suprised I didn't get a sunburn.
So stepping went well over the weekend but the eating did not. But I plan on jumping right back on the calorie bandwagon tomorrow and hopefully undoing whatever damage I did this weekend. But I'm motivated and excited to start a new week. Also this week my steps go up to 7900 which 7400 was hard to get to so I think starting tomorrow I will start gettting up at 5:30 to get in 30min on the treadmill before I start work at 6 am.. then I can still do my 5 min increments throughout my workday if I need it, but I'll play it by ear I was hoping I'd come home to my Firm package but it's still not here, maybe tomorrow I'll see it

Cat so sorry to lose you! it was nice having someone who didn't have much weight to lose like myself to do this with, as we know it's a challenge to get off these last few lbs for sure! but I understand that health comes first, come say hello every now and then if you have time!

The Wii Fit sounds like so much fun! if it will get you to do 45 min of exercise and it be FUN that is what I'm looking for! I might have to order one, my local walmart never keeps them in stock, I've looked several times now.. I'm gonna look harder this week though, it might be the workout program I'm looking for does it ever require weights or anything? did you feel like you got a workout when it was over?

Well I think I'm gonna soak the weekend away in a nice hot bath and get ready for bed. Yak with you all tomorrow, so good to be back!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #4  
Uggg... I goofed again.

Rock on! I am excited about this month too. I had a lazy Labor Day weekend. I played on the Wii Fit, slept and took the dogs for quite a few walks. I ate too much though... I think that I snacked my way through the weekend.

The Fishing Derby and Indian Festival sounds like lots of fun! We went to the 40th Hot Wheels Anniversary celebration at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It sounded bigger than it ended up being, I was kinda bored. I did, however, get to see the worlds most expensive Hot Wheel. It costs something like $180,000 and has 3,000 diamonds on it. It really is a little Hot Wheel. I expected it to be bigger!

I am sorry to see Cat leave too. I hope she comes back to say hi sometimes.

The Wii Fit is a blast. I had a hard time getting one, that's for sure. I don't use weights or anything. There is a lot of balance things to do. Some are really hard! I didn't think that it was doing anything for me (neither did DH), but I woke up this morning a little achy. WOW!

I was all in my jammies and got called into work. YIKES! So, here I sit at work. Darn it... I wanted to be lazy! I'm going to keep stepping and hope to get home soon.

See you all tomorrow!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! I meant to post last night and just forgot. But I got in 12560 steps in yesterday. I put my pedometer on first thing when I get up and take it off around 9:00pm. So 60 minutes of those steps came from doing 60 minutes on the Gazelle for 2.40 miles. I ended up doing 4.55 miles total for the day. I'm really going to try to keep this up through September!

Take care everyone.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:58 AM   #6  

morning all!

ok so I woke up all geared up, lol.. got up at 5:40 and did 20 min on the treadmill to get my stepping going for today. And I'm still doing my 5 min increments throughout the day as well, I'm aiming for at least 40 min on the treadmill in all today I'm also watching my calories and doing great so far also
but I got to thinking, thanksgiving is just 12 weeks away! So I think I'm gonna start a challenge for myself, a thanksgiving challenge, anyone want to join? I'm gonna state what my goals are for the next 12 weeks and hopefully I hit it and then some

so here is my 12 week goals:
Hit my weekly steps no matter what
do an additional workout (like The Firm or 30 day shred) at least 3x's a week
lose at least 2 inches from my waist (gonna measure myself today to get a starting number)
and to lose 12 FULL lbs by then that will put me 8 lbs from goal

of course if I hit it sooner I'll just keep going, in a perfect world I'd like to hit my goal weight by then But be at goal by xmas for sure! )

so there it is, in writing, lol.. so feel free to post yours if you want and we will help each other get there! )

Karen, great steps yesterday!! is the gazelle like an elliptical machine?

Sassy, I couldn't image having a diamond hot wheel, lol.. what people collect blows my mind sometimes! like the diamond bra victoria secret has, lol.. Sorry you got called into work! yeah we have mandatory over time this week and I'm not happy about it, lol...

well guess I better get back to work, just wanted to check in
Old 09-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #7  

Hi sprying, yes the Gazelle is what I have heard called "a poor mans elliptical" I have the Gazelle Power Plus so I can add tension on it as I get better. It is from Tony Little. I switch back and forth from that to the treadmill. Plus some walk Away the pounds Dvd's and Richard Simmons sweatin' to the oldies. I just don't want to get bored!!
Old 09-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 137/132/122

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone.

I am doing much better. After my last post, I found an exercise that helps the problem I was having. Also a good thing for me to do is walk with good posture, which means Stepping.

I joined the Step thread in July even though I figured I would be having surgery this month. I was in a real funk, but was able to get going again with the stepping. But for that, I would probably weigh at least 3 pounds more and would be feeling really terrible.

I think I will ease off some for September. 10,000 steps is supposed to be a good minimum goal, so I'll see how that goes with a rest day a week. I'll get my pedometer back on tomorrow.

DH is assembling our new treadmill now.

There are 17 weeks until the end of the year. I could be at my goal weight by then if lose 1/2 pound per week. So my 12 week goal would be to lose 6 pounds.
CatR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #9  

Hello --- Me again! Today I got in 13633 steps. 60 minutes on the treadmill for 2.97 miles. I ended up with 4.94 miles total for the day!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:52 AM   #10  
Uggg... I goofed again.

OMG! You all rock! I think I'll set a goal for myself too. 12 weeks... I'll have to get back on that. My Mom is on her way here so I can take her to the airport. She gets SO MANY FREE TRIPS! Today she is going to Arizona for a couple days. Geez... well, off to spot clean, otherwise my Mom will be all over me. LOL!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:09 AM   #11  

Morning all!

Well I was so proud of myself yesterday! My daily cal goal is 1400 cals and I ended the day at 1200 and something, yay! I also hit my stepping goal AND exceeded it by 1000 steps! awesome! I'm feeling back in control again.

Sassy does your mom travel for work?

Cat so glad you are back!!! yeah stepping is probably the easiest and least painful form of exercise because you can go as fast or as slow as you need to

Karen you are on fire! Keep up the great work!

well gotta get the kids going, yak with you all later!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:54 AM   #12  
Uggg... I goofed again.

OK... Mom has come and gone. Whew. She doesn't travel for work, she's just one of the "lucky" people. She has a friend that has to go to Arizona for work and is tagging along. Mom works 3 days a week (she's a nurse), so she has plenty of time to get away. She was in Florida 2 weeks ago with another friend. Geez. I wanna live that life!

Karen - You are doing really great. It sounds like you have good momentum going!

Cat - I am so glad you're here. Congrats on the treadmill. I also think that 10,000 steps is a good goal.

Spryng - You are doing great and in control!! You've inspired me... here are my 12 week goals -
1.) Get weekly steps no matter what.
2.) Do 45 minutes on the Wii Fit 3 times a week.
3.) Weigh 177 by Thanksgiving.
4.) Develop a morning routine that doesn't stress me out.

On a side note, I just had to share. This morning I woke up all grumpy because I didn't get to sleep until 2am, then got up at 6am to start getting the house ready for Mom and my son school ready. I went to make coffee and to my dismay, we are OUT! It's like a horrible dream. My DH got ready for work and then agreed to take our son to school because I am very low-functioning and the lack of caffeine is seriously messing with me. My Mom showed up all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.. then in walked my hubby with COFFEE! Do I have the best hubby or what?! OMG... I can't believe he went to the store and got me coffee before going to work. It's the little things... that was awesome! Completely made my day better.

Last edited by sassybiscuit; 09-03-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 137/132/122

Height: 5' 3"

Today was a shopping day, so I got a good step count: 13,907.

Sassy: Lack of sleep is tough. That was really considerate of your DH to come back with coffee. I hope you can catch up some tonight.
CatR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #14  

Morning all!

Sassy men can sure suprise us sometimes huh? lol, that was a great story! Your goals sound great as well! very achievable

Cat, yes I love shopping days, no treadmill and easy to hit your step goal, I need another one soon, lol

Well this week is just moving right along. I didn't want to get up this morning either though, I told myself I could just reset my alarm and skip my morning treadmill workout.. but I made myself get up at 5:30 and took a nice hot shower (it's been cold here) and after my shower I just gravitated to my treadmill, lol.. so I got my workout in anyway. I know with my steps going up and up and up that if I don't start the day with a good session on the treadmill I'll never hit my goal during the day. So it's starting to become habit tomorrow is weigh in day, please keep your fingers crossed!! I want to see a good loss. I was up to 147 last week so 145 or under would be wonderful, but I'll know tomorrow.

Well gotta get the kids around. My 7 year old son tried eating ice cream for breakfast, lol.. I think it's about time I restock the pantry, lol!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:30 AM   #15  
Uggg... I goofed again.

Oh ladies, I want a shopping day too! It's refreshing to get something new to wear, but its even more refreshing to not have to get on the treadmill for one day!

I seem to be in a constant pattern of no-sleep then oversleep. YUK. I wish I could get myself on a routine. One of these days I will. Work slows in the winter, so maybe I can make some good habits then.

Spryng - I am proud of ya! It's hard to get on the treadmill when you really don't want to. I'm at that same point.. I have to do it or I won't make my step count. I am notorious for coming home and getting on the treadmill long enough to make my steps. That's probably part of my sleep problem. I can't just hit the hay after walking a mile! LOL! I hope you have a good loss this week! My fingers are crossed!