Old 09-05-2008, 12:17 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 137/132/122

Height: 5' 3"

I used the treadmill for 15 minutes as a warm-up before my weight workout. It certainly is convenient for a few fast steps. Today's step total came to 13,023 and my eating was on track at 1580 calories.

Sassy: I have trouble sleeping if I work out much past 5pm. I try to do my workouts in the morning. Otherwise, I am inclined to find things to do and never quite get around to doing anything.
CatR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:25 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone. Yesterday was not such a good day for me. First I wasn't feeling real good and I only got it 7328 steps for a total of 2.66 miles. PLUS about 10:00am we lost our phone service, internet, and our cell phone service! It was really strange! They just said there was a major equipment failure and almost our whole county was without service. So that is why I didn't post last night.

Today wasn't much better, in fact the steps were worse. Just had no energy. Only did 5399 steps and that was getting groceries! Total miles for the day was 1.95.

Hopefully tomorrow will be much better.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I'm right there with you Karen. I've been hitting my step goal this week but I weight in this morning.. depressing.
I think I told you all I was up 2 more lbs last week well I didn't lose an ounce!!!! I have no idea how that is possible. I was under my calories ALL week, hit my steps ALL Week.. didn't cheat waver etc ONE time!!! How could I have not lost any weight at all??
I've thought about it all morning and I don't want it to make me run straight for the fridge so I'm gonna continue to count my cals and get my steps for another full week, if the scale doesn't budge next friday I'm gonna have to step it up somehow.. maybe cut my cals more but I really don't want to go really low. I should be able to eat more calories since I'm getting more daily exercise in but who knows, maybe that doesn't include me, lol..
so anyway, I change my ticker yet again in the wrong direction.. hopefully it will go to the right next week... but I don't think it's fat.. because on monday from eating bad all weekend I was bloated, my jeans were really TIGHT and now they fit right again and my stomach is looking thinner again.. so I know I'm not gaining fat this past week, has to be water retention or dare I say it.. muscle gain? hopefully that is the case. But I did take all my measurements yesterday so in 4 weeks I'll do that again and see if I'm losing inches despite my weight gain/loss in the meantime, lol..
ok, enough of my soap box talk, I'll chat with you all later!! here's hoping for a great weekend OP and another great week with a loss for ALL of us! )
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #19  

Karen: It is tough to work out when you are under the weather. Are you getting enough sleep? I don't do well with diet or exercise if I don't sleep well. Also, trying to sell a house is very stressful and that could be affecting how you feel. I hope you start picking up soon.

Spryng: You will probably drop back down to 145 in another week or so if you stay on track. I usually do after a period of "bad eating".

It is easy for me to eat an extra 1000 calories or more over my maintenance level, especially when confronted with things I usually don't have like cake with frosting. Three days of that can result in a solid pound of fat. The only way I can drop weight is to remain consistent in my eating day after day after day. The indulgences add up fast because you really can't drop your calories that far below maintenance without messing up your body.

According to a chart on page 72 in The Step Diet, a person your height and weight needs to take 25 steps to burn a calorie, so a 600 calorie slice of cake with frosting would cost you 15,000 steps. It is hard to compensate with extra steps. The only way we can eat like lumberjacks is to be lumberjacks.

My weight last Sunday was 133.6 because I had been over-eating, so I am up some too.

Last edited by CatR; 09-05-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #20  

Cat thank you so much! that all made soo much sense! yeah I ate terribly bad fri-sun of last week so yeah, just 4 full days of good eating wouldn't be enough to undo that damage so I was hoping but it didn't happen, lol.. but I'm much more optimistic about it now and I will keep trudging along and next friday I should have something positive to report! you made my day though, thanks!
Old 09-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #21  

I had a good day yesterday. Went for a long walk and got 15,000+ steps. I will be getting 12,000+ today, so 13,000 per day might be a reasonable goal. Rest day tomorrow.

Hope you all are having a good weekend. It is nice here now. Sunny and not too hot.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #22  

Morning all!
ok well friday went awesome but yesterday not so well, lol.. got in all of my steps and then some due to shopping for a family dinner we had for the inlaws last night but I let myself get too hungry and when we finally made dinner I ate way too much! But hopefully one day won't put me back too much. I have today and the rest of the week to make up for it.
Well tomorrow I will be up to 8400 steps a day.. a little scary again but I know I'll just put in another 5 min on the treadmill before I start work each day and it should be easy to hit

ok I'm off here, this is my day to relax but I think I'm gonna be roped into more cleaning lol
Old 09-07-2008, 11:03 PM   #23  

Well Spyrng, I got some cleaning done today myself. My weight this morning was 132.8, so I am below 133 again. Today was a rest day, so steps only came to 6701. Tomorrow, I am going for 13,000 steps.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:01 AM   #24  

Morning all!

ok so I got lots of laundry done yesterday but not as many steps but my eating was better for sure. TOM suprised me with a visit last night so maybe that was my lack of weight loss on friday? would make sense.. but who knows, we'll find out on friday of this week I suppose...

OK well just wanted to check in really quick, gonna get the kids around, yak with you all later!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:41 AM   #25  
Uggg... I goofed again.

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Sorry I have been away, I had people at my house all weekend and my laptop took a dive, so I have to go to the basement to use the computer and I’m just not much for being in the basement! Sorry is this message is a bit cryptic, there’s a lot to catch up on! I have REALLY missed you all!

I ate WAY TOO MUCH this weekend and drank beer! AHHHH! Then I wasn’t able to get my steps on Saturday, so I haven’t gotten on the scale. I just don’t wanna know. My weigh-in day is Wednesday, so we’ll see then. I saw my Dad on Friday and he asked me about weight loss! I couldn’t believe it. My Dad never notices anything. I’m gonna add that to my compliment page of the blog. I need to remember that date for sure!

CatR – I hardly get my steps if I don’t do it in the morning. I’ve been on the treadmill for over an hour this morning, got my son to school and now I’m hanging out here. It feels good! You cracked me up with the lumberjack thing… it’s so true! I’ll probably remember that forever. Did you have a nice rest day? Is it working better to have a “day off”?

Karen31 – I had a slow day on Saturday, I got 4,692 steps… whoops! I did have fun hanging out with my guests, so I’ll just get the other steps later. Tomorrow is always another day!

Spryng
– I am inclined to believe that you are gaining muscle or losing inches… something positive is happening. Did you take your measurements? My Mom is so small and complains about not losing weight, but I swear she looks like she gets smaller, so it must be inches. She rides her bike all over my hometown. It cracks me up, she rides to get her nails done and then rides home with her fingers in the air and only steering the bike with her palm. Sounds like a bad idea to me, but she sure won’t give up her weekly manicure!

I’m gonna update my ticker and the blog, so off to goof off for a bit before I got to work. Have a great day and I’ll check in later!

sassybiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:17 PM   #26  

Sassy, yeah I took my measurments on friday so in 4 weeks I'll check them again, I think I'm losing inches too becuase my jeans are just fitting better and better so despite the lack of weight loss something is going on in there, lol.. I'm not gonna let it get me down Sounds like your weekend was fun! I drank too much beer myself on saturday, part of my bad eating day as well, lol.. oh well, we have to live a little bit!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #27  

Sassy: It is hard to stay on track when you have company. People tend to eat more in groups. The rest day definitely helps. You need more recovery time when you are 63.

I had a little bit of fun on both Saturday and Sunday. Took in about 200 cal each day over what I see as my ideal weight loss allotment. Yesterday, I visited a neighbor and we had some wine while talking. I could have saved my dessert until today to compensate for the wine, but didn't.

I walked for 1 1/2 hours today. The first half was uphill, which means the steps come more slowly. Then I did some housework and I'll be over 13,000 by the end of the day.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:08 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! We had the grandkids this weekend. Well we had them from Saturday morning until this evening so really didn't get much "real" walking in. But on 9/5--6183 steps--2.24 miles
9/6--9398 steps--3.41 miles
9/7--8023 steps--2.91 miles
9/8--6085 steps--2.20 miles

Maybe tomorrow will be a start of better steps!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:07 AM   #29  

I am glad everyone is still stepping. I have been away for 2 weeks. I can not wait to get in the grove this week.
Kathy
spcdcider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:56 AM   #30  

Morning all!

Well yesterday was a success! stayed within my calories and that was WITH eating Wendy's for dinner last night and hit my steps. So the week is right on track.

Kathy welcome back! just jump right back in here with your stepping

Karen, those miles are adding up

Cat your steps look awesome! You got quite a workout in with that hill and all

Well I'm off to start some coffee and get these kids more motivated to leave lol.. yak with you all later