Old 01-12-2008, 03:22 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Reward Yourself!!

Just wondering what everyone is doing to reward themselves for reaching "mini-goals". I firmly believe that this is a very important part of keeping yourself motivated and on track. Taking time to pamper and treat yourself for working so hard is a must!

Here are my planned rewards.

*10 lbs lost: Trip to the Yankee Candle store to buy some yummy smelling candles
*20 lbs lost: Go to a good salon and get my hair professionally colored
*50 lbs lost: Buy a laptop w/ wireless internet so I can talk to my online friends anywhere, anytime

4 weeks POP: Go out for a couple of cocktails w/ friends (staying w/in the plan limits of course!)

Let's here your rewards!

Last edited by ChefsGirl; 01-12-2008 at 03:22 PM.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Jill- I agree with you! I used to always have a goal that I was working toward. In fact, I believe that rewards are what helped me lose so much of the weight the first time. I have done clothes, shoes, a comforter for my bed, manis and pedis, makeup, jewelry, massages, facials, etc. If you have a beauty school around your area you can often get many services like facials, manis and pedis for a fraction of salon prices. I have a great school near my house that I love to go to for stuff like that. Thanks for the reminder. I really need to get back to the reward system.

BTW, I think that your goals look great!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:18 PM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 216/208/140

Height: 5'8"

I had/have goal rewards too! 30 lbs - a thighmaster (real nice/fun, huh?) 50 lbs- hair highlighted which was a major step for me. I've never done the color thing before, but have started seeing white hairs. And I won't pluck out what I can't see! LOL I haven't decided what my reward for hitting my goal weigh will be, if I actually get down that far... I just went with my mom (not only because I needed advice, but used her 'senior citizen' discount ) shopping for new clothes. I never know what looks good on me, but I think I found some pretty cute clothes yesterday - I guess that was my 65 pound goal reward!

Good luck getting your rewards!! Really, it will get here sooner than you think!
whatazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #4  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Ok I am going to try and set up some rewards right now. Although I haven't really done this before. OK.... here I go.

30 lbs. Reward will be to get my hair done as well. Ha! I am a copy cat!

40 lbs Reward New clothes! Because I will definately need them! Ha!

50 lbs Reward Being Thin! Hahahahah! Yeah! And weekend trip to Minneapolis with BF.

That's all I got for now. I am not very good at this. If I think of something better I will edit this post.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #5  
Katie

Sounds great Cecilia!!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:17 PM   #6  

You guys rock for the great ideas. I absolutely cannot wait to go shopping again. I LOVE to shop and haven't been able to do anything but plus size stores for so long now.

Katie - Thanks for the beauty school idea. What a way to pamper yourself for cheap!! We actually have a massage school nearby and that sounds wonderful. I've never had a professional massage before. I think I'll make that my 80 lb goal. I'll be out of the 300's then.

And a weekend trip w/ friends.......fabulous! Think about how much fun you'll have running all over the city all skinny!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #7  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

I have a funny beauty school story. I live in a very multi-cultural area of St. Louis county. My girlfriend from Wisconsin (very NOT muti-cultural) was here last summer. We decided to go out to lunch. shopping, and then get our nails done. I suggested that we go to the beauty school in one of the malls where we were. It just so happens that the clientele of this mall and beauty school is predominantly African American. I guess I don't really notice anymore, as I have shopped there for years........however.......taking my, "sheltered, but intelligent friend," there proved to be rather eye opening. She got to experience first hand what it felt like to be a minority......which is a good thing.............anyway..........I guess I didn't think about it, as I am very comfortable there and don't really think of myself as any different as most of the other people who work there and shop there......oh, except that most of the people there have much finer shoes than I do................ANYWAY.......after going to Dillard's and Macy's......Megan and I proceeded to the beauty school. We were two of the very few white people there. (trying to give you the mental image). We registered with the receptionist and had a seat. We waited......and waited..........and waited.....and I noticed that noone was getting their nails done......only African American ladies getting their hair done.........but we waited....and FINALLY we were called. The ladies that did our nails were super nice......and they told us the reason it took so long for service (they were very apologetic) was because noone there was really comfortable doing a manicure, as they mainly focussed on doing weaves and such. . So, due to my naiveness (is that even a word???), we got the crappiest mani in all of history. It was all chunky and nasty......but what an experience. . But really, it was a great experience.....for both of us. It is good to live on both sides of the fence....you know.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #8  

Great story Nicole! I actually have never had a mani/pedi. I don't think I'll ever be comfortable getting a manicure. I've heard too many icky stories about it. My mom actually got a really bad infection from one place she went.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:59 PM   #9  
Katie

All this talk has me really wanting a pedi. Maybe I had better get my rear in gear and set a goal so that I can go and get one!
Old 01-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #10  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

let's see--when i hit 30lbs, i think that's when i treated myself to an mp3 player.
and now that i'm so close to 50lbs..i'm not sure what i'll do to reward myself. i'm planning a trip back to NC in mid april, so maybe that will be it. or a new tattoo when i go back there.
otherwise, i collect cookie jars and i just bought another one on ebay yesterday, so maybe when i hit 60lbs, i'll buy another one.

good thread!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #11  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Jillian......I still can't get over how thin you are looking!!! Keep it up girlie!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:02 PM   #12  
WonderWoman

thanks nicole! i'm trying! not much else for me to do while DH is away but focus on myself. i wanna look so freakin' hot when he comes home. only 24 more lbs to go. whoo!
Old 01-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #13  

Jillian -

Holy crap you're weight loss is awesome! I think an MP3 player is a great reward. It'll be that much easier to exercise while listening to your favorite tunes!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #14  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

I had my first ever mani/pedi when I hit the 30lb mark. I've not really had rewards since then other than new clothes but I've tried to limit them to just what I need to keep me going until goal weight. Need to think of a reward for the Onderland I'm going to be hitting pretty soon...hum??? Any ideas?
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:12 PM   #15  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRCATON View Post
Jillian -

Holy crap you're weight loss is awesome! I think an MP3 player is a great reward. It'll be that much easier to exercise while listening to your favorite tunes!
thanks!