Old 01-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #1  

Talking Congratulations Lynn!

You've reached your goal! Way to go! You're an inspiration to us all!
WITeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

You know.......I just signed on for the first time in three days.....and I went to the january WI thread to post my stats........and I see a brand new skinny avatar of Lynn......and then I see her stats, and HOLY CRAP........YOU MADE IT LYNN!!!! We are all soooo proud of you!!! WTG! I do have to add, that I am not shocked........you have done all the necessary work to get where you are today. This had nothing to do with luck.......it was all you!!!! Congratulations, Lynn!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #3  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Congrats Lynn - so proud of you and what you have accomplished!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:06 PM   #4  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

WAY TO GO LYNN
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Lynn, Your perseverence has paid off. You look so thin! Congrats on your well earned success.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:35 PM   #6  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

congrats lynn! so happy for you! you're such an inspiration!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #7  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations Lynn!!! Your determination and hard work has paid off. You are truly an inspiration to all of us. We are so proud of you!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

WOOHOO!!!!!! I am so thrilled for you. It makes it seem more real that it will be me someday!

Now.... give us all the gory details! How long it took. What was hard, what was easy, what surprised you through the process, complements you have received. everything. Let us bask in your glory for a few min.!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #9  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Congrats Lynn on making your goal. You are an inspiration to us all and a mentor as well. I hope this doesn't mean you will be moving on. We need your infinate wisdom, advice and tasty recipes.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #10  
Katie

Height: 5'1

WTG Lynn! You have worked so hard for this!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:09 PM   #11  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

and
to stabilization purgatory.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:58 PM   #12  
Gold(+1/2P)

S/C/G: 190/135/130

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations Lynn! Way to Go!!!!
roserph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #13  
Gold with Lites

S/C/G: 196/XXX/135

Height: 5'4"

Good for you. I've enjoying reading your hints and insights the short time I've been on the site. Thanks for being a positive roll model!! Cindy
GrandmaCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:22 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzbe View Post

and
to stabilization purgatory.
Megan,
You made my day. Just what I was thinking....You must have read my mind.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Lynn
Original goal of 50 lbs lost - accomplished
Revised goal of 65 lbs lost - accomplished
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambejaly5 View Post
WOOHOO!!!!!! I am so thrilled for you. It makes it seem more real that it will be me someday!

Now.... give us all the gory details! How long it took. What was hard, what was easy, what surprised you through the process, complements you have received. everything. Let us bask in your glory for a few min.!
WARNING - VERY LONG POST

I am 61 years old and I started LAWL on 12/27/06 with a weight of 200 lbs.
How did I get to this point? I own up to stress eating; making poor choices in foods especially too many fattening lunches; sedentary stressful job; no exercise; “beat the clock” lifestyle, caring for two elderly parents long distance while raising two active sons.
After many diet failures, I was at one of my lowest points. Therefore, when I started this program I was mentally ready. Looking back, I think I hypnotized myself and it continues to work for me. I reinforce my mental preparedness with daily doses of positive self talk. Example – “Food is a very temporary high – being thinner is a daily high.” I am in my mental “zone” as I call it as far as being on program.
I am 5’2” tall on my tip toes. I was put on red with lites and I started losing slowly. I was told that I was not medically eligible to do fast forward or take off. After I was on the plan for a month or so and I learned that others were moving down and I asked at what point I would move to a lower plan. To my surprise, I was told that because of the medical condition that I had reported to them, I was not eligible to move down. I would stay on red for my entire weight loss journey. Based on what I know now, anyone else at my height and starting weight started on purple. I plateaued at just 16 lbs lost.
I decided my only course of action to get my plan changed would be for my doctor to write me a release stating that I could go on a lower plan. Because my regular doctor had changed jobs and I had an appointment with a new doctor for my yearly physical, I had to wait until that appointment to enlist my new doctor for help. My new doctor was pleased with the weight that I had lost and she wrote me the release. I was moved to gold 3 1/2months into my journey.
I switched to the numbered plans at the end of July, 2007. Since then, I have been on plan 2. My original goal was to lose 50 lbs and a year ago I considered that possibility a long shot because I had failed with so many other programs. I had convinced myself that I had wrecked my metabolism with too many prior diets and especially low calorie ones. It is my little miracle that I have lost the weight I have, but I am constantly looking for ways to make this program work for the way my body burns fat or doesn't burn fat.
Before this, I was the queen of couch potatoes. Now, I exercise every day. I have to. I started exercising before I even started the program. I vary my exercise. I joined a health club and I use a treadmill, an elliptical, a recumbent cross-trainer bike, and I also do water aerobics. I am serious. You have to get some kind of exercise. Ironically, when I think back to times when I did lose weight in the past, I was doing some form of exercise with the eating plan.
I want to make it clear that I enjoy the food that I eat each and every day. I am so glad that I no longer have regrets or feel guilty about food. I am not going back to where I was. I spent 30+ years fighting my weight. Especially when you are older, you become invisible and not taken seriously.
I lose slowly. I kid myself that I have “ounced” my way down the scale. I am a very patient person, but I had to be even more patient. To keep my body in a fat burning mode, I know that I have to stay on plan. It becomes a habit and a good one. If you read my posts, you will realize that I am a very “by the book” person as far as this plan goes. Since I started on this program, I have had 2 sons get married with all the wedding showers, etc and both weddings and all the showers were out of state with extended travel for me. I have been on 2 vacations.

By the way, my medical condition is leaky heart valves which I acquired when I was on a medically supervised weight loss program run by one of the top obesity doctors in the U.S. I was prescribed fen-phen and later one of the drugs, fenfluramine, was recalled and there was a large class action suit. I received a very small monetary settlement. A small number of the people affected have life threatening conditions.

All right – finally compliments. I had a massage right before New Years and the owner of the salon who gave me the massage told me that my legs and even my feet are very firm and strong. She was very surprised. Then when I was coming back from California in December, I showed my passport in San Diego when I was checking in my luggage and the ticket agent asked me if this was really my birthdate? (Like I would lie and make my age older than I am). Then I realized that my passport from 2000 probably did not look like me. I had to show him my new driver’s license to prove that I was who I said I was. He said that I looked a lot younger than my birthdate.

I am on to stabilization and maintenance.

Lynn
Original goal of 50 lbs lost - accomplished
Revised goal of 65 lbs lost - accomplished
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote