Old 01-11-2008, 02:19 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Val, I am sometimes surprised by Aunt Flo too... I have cut brussel sprouts in half and cooked in a similiar fashion. It might use up my fat allowance for the day but they are soooooo good. I like brussel sprouts even just boiled, so perhaps those who are not a fan of the spout would not find it so good.
I also made mashed cauliflower with a little bit of milk and lite salt and pepper, and it is a good replacement for mashed potatoes (well if you have not had real mashed potatoes in a long, long time it is). Comfort food without the guilt.

I don't know... I have always tried to save a lot of my exchanges for the evening so that I can have good meal with my DH. The temptation of eating with my DH would likely mean if I didn't save the exchanges, I would likely not stick to the plan as closely as I would like. Better to stick to the plan and shuffle around the exchanges so that you are successful, than to fall off. Now if you have a significant other who is on plan or you live alone, I could see how you might do better eating your exchanges earlier in the day. My DH was totally with me for quite awhile, but the enthusiasm is hard to maintain when you are still "starving" them a year and a half later. I also have eaten potatoes on a semi regular basis too. Of course I also exercise burning off 3000-4000 calories a week, so that is probably why I can insinerate the occasional potato that crosses my plate. I do have the 5 LB same sack of potatoes in the fridge from Thanksgiving so I don't eat them super often, and I have taken to dicing them up in tiny little pieces and stir frying them with chicken and veggies so that it seems like more. Since looking at half a small potato tends to make one feel deprived. OK, My DH will spread mayonaise all over that before he eats it since that is what he does.... I cook low fat and he counteracts it all with the mayo.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:19 PM   #287  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Felicia.....you crack me up!!!

Joni....I am assuming BF means best friend, not boy friend. Unless that is why DH stayed home

Katie........I am so happy for you that you are doing daycare again. I know it is the most difficult job in the world......but you are a natural born leader........you need to be your own boss. And I know the money will be better for you. I loved that I made more money staying home with my kids while working, than I did working outside of the home. You earn every penny.......and then some....
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #288  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Happy Friday all! Well unfortunately I brought my lunch yesterday and then after I got here I found that someone had taken my salad dressing. I can't eat dry salad so I went out with some co-workers for Thai food and I'm up 2 lbs today! Hot lemon water for me. Even with that I was pretty much on plan yesterday. I think it might have bumped me over in the fat dept and maybe 1/2 starch over as well. So VERY close to a POP day. Today I'm in the same boat but we went to the salad bar buffet place so I'm just counting that as my entire allotment of veggies for the day. That's good though because I always have a hard time getting those in. Good luck to everyone over the weekend. That's always my trying time but I'm going to try to get in a lot of walks with my little obese dachshaund to counteract any indiscretions
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #289  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Hello! My gosh I've been away for a day and a 1/2 and there is just no catching up....

Had a pretty good day yesterday on plan considering my lunch was a little out of my control. I did the best I could with the restaurant the chose, salad and a small cup of chili. I know it probably had more salt than I needed so I'm trying to get in extra water today. As far as today I've been POP so....2 days of FF and three days POP. I'm thrilled since it has been forever since I've had three POP days in a row Gotta keep that momentum through the weekend!!!!!!

Better run, work is a bear today. I'll do personals later....Hope everyone is on plan and having a great day!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Heather - thanks for the heads up on the baked potato. God i cant remember the last time i had potato. I'll try to keep the starches light and hopefully i wont have a gain. Oh and i sent DH grocery shopping yesterday since we were totally out of fruit and he picked up 5lbs of baking potato, i have 5lbs of regular potatoes & he got about 4 sweet potatoes. What am i going to do with it all?
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:09 PM   #291  
Katie

Height: 5'1

On potatoes: I live in Idaho for heaven's sake. I was raised on potatoes. Before LAWL, we were eating potatoes every day. Even now, I serve them a lot. They are definitely one of my biggest craving foods. I do leave the skin on when I mash them, and also eat the skin if I have a baked spud. That way, I am at least getting some fiber in there too.

Nicole- Thanks girl. I am so excited to get back home. This big center, daycare life has been really tough on my kids. My poor dogs have really missed us a lot too. More 3FC time for me, too! I am done here on the 30th, taking one day off, then starting at home on the 1st of Feb.

Shannon- I have an obese little dachshund too. She could do for a few walks. A few million, that is.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #292  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Well I have a little bit more time know and took a minute to read back over some posts. Still can't find the one with the alfredo sauce but I'm going to hunt harder since that sounds yummy!!!!

Welcome to all the newbies, glad to have you here.

Congrats on the inspection Katie. Can't be easy to do.

Angie - I'm so glad you followed up with the xray. It is hard to know when they are being completely honest or doing the drama thing for attention. I think as Moms there are times we just know and we have to trust that. Any time I've second guessed my first instinct I turned out wrong.

Barbara - I'm so jealous - a size 8 WTG!

Amy - I couldn't stand back and let my DH make decisions about the place I was going to live either.... I'm way too much of a control freak

Jillian - Sorry you are so down. Hope you know you can always visit this place for some kind words and reading these crazy gals and guys posts is usually good for a smile if not a laugh

Nicole - cookie dough, one of my weaknesses. I can pass up a cookie but not the dough!

WTG Heather on your NSV.

Hi Lynn, Carol, Paula, Dan, Cecilia, Jason, Debbie, Deb and and all you other losers!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #293  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Katy I copied it and sent it to my BF. So I had it right on hand

I made spaghetti last night for the kiddos and shrimp for myself. Liz had crab legs (yuck!).. I made an alfredo sauce to go with dinner and it was fantastic.. I used skim milk with a tablespoon of cornstarch and two tablespoons of Smart Balance, thus keeping the fat WAY down. Just a pinch or two of Morton's lite and about a quarter cup of reduced fat parmasean and it was fantabulous...

That is what Dan Posted. I can't wait to make it!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #294  
sscott

I know I don't post as often as many of you, but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate reading what you all have to say. By the time I read through it all I am usually out of time, but you all are so encouraging. Thanks!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I have been POP all week and I plan on staying that way this weekend. Weekends can be a bit more tricky for me, but I have planned ahead and it will be fine.

Lynn - I have used your positive self take examples a couple of times today and they worked great. Especially when my co-workers were eating pizza. I had already eaten lunch and I was able to just sit with them no problem. I love it! I feel so powerful today! Thanks!
Old 01-11-2008, 05:05 PM   #295  

Height: 5'2"

You are very welcome Stacy. I am glad they are working for you.

Val - try roasted asparagus. It is to die for.

Take care everyone and be good this weekend. You know what I mean.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 63 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #296  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Oh boy... I have a LOT of catching up to do!!!

Hi everyone! I'm back and not disappearing again! The holidaze had me pretty busy with working (all jobs) since everyone wants the time off and someone has to report the news..

I'm finally BACK on the program! The contract is done and officially I am representing one of the radio stations on the LA Weight Loss program. There have been so many changes to my COD since I was last in there! Control Trim was still very new the last time I'd been in and now there are a lot of products with it that are offered so I'm excited to sample the new stuff!

I have to delete my old ticker and start over fresh. The holidays, too cold to jog weather and breadmaker I got myself for Christmas were not kind to me.. Now I have to do it and will do it!

I hope everyone is great. I'll try to catch up on some of these threads while I'm at work this afternoon. Gotta zip out again. I missed you all!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #297  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Hey homies

So far, I'm still POP today. Messed up yesterday...one too many starches. I am a little bummed that I haven't lost anything this week, but I'll keep working on it.

Congrats to all the losers!

There have been way too many posts since I was on yesterday, so no personals for me right now...doing good just to read everything.

My goal for this weekend is to finally get on that darn treadmill.

Everyone have a great weekend!
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Stacy, How great that you were POP all week. I can't say the same. Although I think I'm working on day 3 of POP, so I've recovered from the coconut prawns and chocolate torte slip of a few days ago...

Katie, Oregon is right next to Idaho.... and actually a lot of potatoes are grown here too. I have never given up on them, just cut way, way back.

I reread what I wrote, and wanted to say I don't save "ALL" my exchanges for dinner. Generally I will save one or two starches, a protein, a fat and veggies. If I plan on a night out I will save 2 fruits too so I can have a glass of wine, but I don't like to do that too often, because I really get hungry.
I do think I would not be good if I didn't allow myself a good dinner, as it is the only time I really have to sit down and enjoy my food. I usually eat lunch and my snacks at my desk at work.

I'm a bit nervous since I have a doctor's appt and they are going to do something called the LEEP procedure on me, which is a small surgery and I just don't want to have it done, but better than dying of cervical cancer. I've been dreading this for days and I haven't eaten much today.. just a little too nervous to eat... I'm sure when it is done it won't be too bad, but really who wants to go in and get that part of their body even looked at, let alone sliced upon.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #299  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good luck Barbara. I don't envy you, but from what I have read, you shouldn't be in much or any pain.....and that is always a good thing

Keep up the good work, Paula. I am soo proud of all of us old timers who are back and kicking a$$!!!!

Liza........sooo nice to see you!!! I am glad you are back! I was thinking of you last weekend when I was trying, once again, to knit. I can crochet my butt off.......but I am all thumbs when it comes to knitting. One day, I will conquer it!!!!

Lynn.......I too, am a firm believer in the power of self talk. When I quit smoking, everytime I wanted a smoke, I told myself, "I am tobacco free......" and took a nice deep breath. That's it. No other gimicks worked for me. I truly believe that I tricked my brain. I was told in a seminar that if you say, "I am not going to smoke," your brain doesn't really pay attention the word not..........that you must provide it a positive message if you want to retrain it. So...........let me think.......what will my new phrase be? I'll have to think about it. I know Katie had some good ones a while back.......I'll have to see if I can find that old thread. Anyway.......I also wanted to tell you how much I respect your opinions and ideas. You are one smart lady!!!

Stacy........I know what you mean about not having time to post after catching up on reading. I very much enjoy reading what everyone has to say, and I hate skimming over any of it

Hi Cecilia......I love your name

Katy...........way to be a POPstar!!!! It feels good, doesn't it?

Hi Katie and Debbie and Shannon and everyone Hey, where is MTDebster???? And do you all remember the Wendys"......and WTF Kimphin??? And our other lovely Kim and Kim? Anyway.........time to make some Pizza................later
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:29 PM   #300  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi Nicole! Thanks!
Barbara- Good luck! I will pray for you!
Paula- Have fun on the tread mill, listen to some lively music that always helps me!
Stacy- Stay warm fellow Norh Dakotan! ha ha!
Liza- Nice to see you back! Welcome!
Jillian-How are ya feeling today?
Michelle????? where are you, I miss you! Ha ha ha!

Hi to everyone else! Just wanted to try and get some personals in... Happy Weekend and may you all be POP!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote