Old 01-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #166  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys mom View Post
lol@flyguy! Dan - it's called "Listen-to-Liz.com" !
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #167  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Amy- Is it raining up in Sacramento now??? I know there is a storm heading our way(down south) and is somewhere in northern California at the mo... I hate storms! But I bet the poor environment hates this drought we're in, so I suppose it's ok for now!

I went to WI today and my TO was indeed a success... 3 pounds down! Finally moved down after more than a week! So I am very very happy... and making sure to stay POP so I don't go back up. So far, so good today!

Hope we can all be good this weekend and stay POP! We can do this!
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #168  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys mom View Post
lol@flyguy! Dan - it's called "Listen-to-Liz.com" !
Yeah.. har har.. It's actually the other way around.. I'm the one who has to call HER at 7 am while I'm on my way to work to make sure she hasn't slept through the alarm and remind her to lock the back door (after letting the dogs in) before she leaves the house.

And Angie.. I'd be more than happy to hang out in Toronto, home of my musical heros... *still doing the happy dance because Rush is going to tour in Albuquerque this year*....
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #169  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Angie you and I are close enough we can carpool.. I'm all over NM.. Dan we'll set you up for a Rush love fest as part of the exchange! Angie your little one is 2 weeks older than my youngest so we'll grab some Starbucks, get some toys for the car and head to Dan's.. what date is good for you Dan? I'll make sure to get Toronto sodium free before you arrive!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:14 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Katie-- yesterday it didn't. but then I tried to go from 10 til 2. today I had about the same lunch. at 10, but then at noon I had some of my NS pretzels. and that made all the difference. At 2 when I got out I ate my NS Lunch Entree. and now tonight I will have my normal evening meal around 5. (but then I am also on cold meds today..... so maybe that is why I don't feel hungery!)

Barbra-- I dont' get how these suing things work. Your situation doesn't seem fair for you daughter and when I was in an accident it wasn't fair for me and I was on the side doing the suing. I got hit while on my bike. I was in the cross walk crossing with the light, the guy at the red light was in a big pick up and turned right on red and plowed into me. Somebody chased him and got his License plate number and called the cops. they went and brought him back to the scene. my suit went on for 2 1/2 years and then we settled for a mere $15,000, barely enough to cover medical expenses. I don't get how people get to sue for lots and actually get it.

Tina!!! good to see you!!! ( my daughter, 7 y/o just looked at your picture and said "wow, shes skinny now!" not sure what she is comparing todays picture too, but I would take it if I were you!)

Joni---(that was barbra..)

Angie-- yes you are behind. we didn't end up having to move. Hubby has a job, I have a job, and things are finally leveling off!

Heather!!! -- Yikes!! are you sure you want to go down the surgery road? that seems scary to me. ( have you tried Nutrisystem? I said I wouldn't push it here, but when you said the "S" word I decided to break that rule just this once. My COD closed too so I switched to Nutrisystem and I am loving it. and yes it costs some bucks. but so does surgery) other wise. It is really good to see you again!!!! and what every route you take, don't leave us!!!!! we are still all in this together!!!! ---- wow you have your hands full! I thought about doing foster care. but with 5 of my own it just never seemed to fit in. yay!! on DFD #2!! that is exciting news!!

Nicole!!!! 23 pounds!!!!!! when will you ever learn?!?! DON'T LEAVE US!!! see what happens! so have you updated your ticker? is that where you really are? Lets get busy!!!!!

Hahahahaha "listen-to-liz.com" hahahaha. thats good Kimberly!

Dan, well, just don't ever think of going anywhere, I don't care if you are the only guy here, you are our guy!!! every Hen house only needs one Rooster!!

I went to bed yesterday after I said I was going to take a nap. 4 pm ... ?? something..... and I didn't get out of bed til 6:30 AM!!!! my alarm didn't go off at 5:30 so I even got an extra hour. but I think I am much better today.

food thing is better today too

OH AND!!!!! I peeked at the scale. I wasn't going to do it til monday and I am still not going to move my ticker until mondays weigh in BUUUUTTT!!! I was 209.2!!!! that is down 5.2 in three days.... POP only. I can't wait til monday gets here!

ok, I have been here long enough. I better get something done
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:21 PM   #171  

I have been lurking on the site since i decided to stop posting and am finding that it is hard to not have alot of people to share my ups/downs with. I mean my husband is awesome and supportive, but he still eats pretty junky and does not work out with me so it is hard for me to talk to him about some of the stuff I am feeling. I hope that I am still welcome to post and that I make some friends along the way.

Tomorrow is my WI and I am hoping to be down to 184-so that they can switch me to my next menu plan Wish me luck.

Thanks,
Jules
Julzanne72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #172  

Yay!!!! its Jules!!!!! welcome back!!! we would never send you away!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #173  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back Jules!!

I weighed in today and was down 2.6 lbs since last friday. It could have been better b/c I wasn't perfect but I am very happy about that. That means I lost the 1 lb I gained over xmas and then another 1.6 on top of that. I have updated my ticker too.

Finally our deep freeze here in the Canadian east is going to break tomorrow. I for one can't wait. I don't mind the cold as long as it doesn't persist for weeks on end. Even one day here or there where it warms up a bit to break it up is nice.

I am still off work till next wednesday but I am going in to do a little overtime tomorrow. Might as well get it in b/c once I go salary I won't get it anymore. or at least not near as often. I still don't know when my business analyst position starts exactly but it should be later this month sometime.

Guess that's about it from me for right now..I'll check in later....
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:12 PM   #174  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Hi Jules - yep...everyone is welcome! We have folks that leave for months at a time and then like to jump in and say hi from time to time. This is a better addiction than, say, snickers bars!

Mama Nicole - Too bad we didn't have a "special" challenge for you...you would have nailed it for sure...tsk tsk...but today is a brand new day!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:17 PM   #175  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Good luck at the WI Julz!
Michelle awesome Job on the TO! Now I need to do it! Ha!
Oh come on now quit picking on poor DAN. He's the only active guy ya know?! Ha ha!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #176  
LAWL Salt Police

Welcome back Jules! I knew you couldn't resist us.. Just remember.. You may not always get an immediate response, but that doesn't mean we're not reading.. If you really need some help on something, ask it again... This is such a chatty bunch, that sometimes we don't have time read every post if we get a few pages behind. (I'm really guilty of that!)

Thanks for the vote of confidence Lettie and Cecilia. It's appreciated!

Angie.. You guys just c'mon out.. I'll need to wait until I know when the Rush concert is here before I can take up residence in Toronto!

Oh, and great job on the weigh ins all you losers!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:44 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jules, Jump back in, losing weight is a hard thing to do and husbands get tired of hearing about it (or mine definitely does). Sometimes it takes awhile to feel like part of any group. Good luck on the weigh in and keep up the good work. I felt like I was intruding on a group of friends when I first started, but eventually I felt more and more like one of the group.

Lettie, That is awful that you were hit like that. I guess it is hard for the judges and insurance companies to know when they are being scammed and when they are not. Heck I don't even know for sure how serious this guy was injured in the accident, since he had really bad back problems before he was hit. I do know that he has the body of Jabba the Hut and I suspect that his real medical issues lay in the stress that causes the body and not on the small fender bender that he was in. I do know that it is human to make excuses for ourselves as to why we continue to hold onto the weight when it is obviously very unhealthy for us to do so (I was in HUGE denial about the effect of the excess weight on my life). So I can understand that, but I just want the stress of having a lawsuit over with. Every letter from the insurance company or lawyer representing our case just causes my ever sensitive DH to go a little postal. My DD does not deal well with dad in postal mode.... and mom is in the middle trying to make it all OK, when it is not so OK.

Dan you remind me of my DH and the call every day to lock the back door. I finally convinced my DH that I really don't need to be told 10 times a day to close the garage door when I leave... I know once it was opened... the garage door opener sometimes decides that it should open the door again and I did not notice that it had not closed all the way. My DH actually hid around the corner to check that I sat in my car and watched the door close all the way..... about once a week for a year... We eventually had words over this and he let it go... Of course my DH brings me coffee in bed every morning, so I can never kick him to the curb, I would be stuck in bed for the rest of my life waiting for my caffiene.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:44 PM   #178  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

For you guys that asked about the cookbook. and even those that I sent it to when I first offered it, the updated book has almost 430 pages now and since LA at home is no longer, I guess it won't ever get much bigger. So if you want a copy, go ahead and PM me with your email address and I will send it out to you. It is in microsoft word and only takes a few minutes to download.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #179  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
Lettie, That is awful that you were hit like that. I guess it is hard for the judges and insurance companies to know when they are being scammed and when they are not. Heck I don't even know for sure how serious this guy was injured in the accident, since he had really bad back problems before he was hit. I do know that he has the body of Jabba the Hut and I suspect that his real medical issues lay in the stress that causes the body and not on the small fender bender that he was in. I do know that it is human to make excuses for ourselves as to why we continue to hold onto the weight when it is obviously very unhealthy for us to do so (I was in HUGE denial about the effect of the excess weight on my life). So I can understand that, but I just want the stress of having a lawsuit over with. Every letter from the insurance company or lawyer representing our case just causes my ever sensitive DH to go a little postal. My DD does not deal well with dad in postal mode.... and mom is in the middle trying to make it all OK, when it is not so OK..
Well, it seems like these things run about 2 1/2 to 3 years. so maybe you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I rear ended someone a couple years ago myself. completely totaled my van. I was alone and wearing a seat belt, so no injurys in my car. But the guy I hit was driving a big SUV. he got a little dent in his bumper and was able to drive his away. Mine never moved on its own again. he was angry and cussing and I was crying and very sorry. it was in a 5 lane area, and there was construction to the right of us and heavy traffic to the left. we were traveling along fine I looked over at the construction thinking to myself..... "when are they every going to finish that lane?" I looked back and all the traffic was stopped in front of me. I got out and asked the guy if he was ok. He just cussed at me. I tried to explain I didn't see the traffic stopping and I was very sorry and I hoped he wasn't hurt, and He cussed at me some more, so I went back to my car and called my insurance company, almost histarical by this point and they were very nice and said he had no right to be just a jerk. and that they would take care of everything. then over a year later.... I get this letter saying. I should be ready to take a deposition for the law suit!!! I couldn't believe it! it has been two and a half years now. and that is the only letter I ever got. I only hope they ended up settling with the guy. at the time of the accident he was just stomping around our cars yelling at me. then a year later he claims he was still hurt. and like you, I feel bad because I know I was in the wrong. it was clearly my fault. but that doesn't mean that people should just take advantage of the situation.

I truely hope this is over soon for you. Having been on both sides....(or really just the one side, didn't matter which side I was on, it seems like it was me against a jerk!) I know how stressful it is and how you just want it to be over.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #180  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Tina- I just love that picture of you and Emmy. So pretty!!

Barb- That is awful that you and your DD has to go through all that. It kills me that people take advantage like that. And then they wonder why insurance rates are so high, plus it makes it hard for us honest people, like Lettie to get what we really deserve. I hope everything works out for you guys.

Heather- It's so good to see you. I know that you have struggled with this for quite a while. Although LAWL may not be what works for you, please, please, just make sure you really research the surgery options. Regular gastric bypass will undoubtedly leave you with lots of ugly hanging skin that will probably need to be removed via plastic surgery. Lap band would be a slower loss. I've heard good and bad things about both. I know of 4 people that have had gastric bypass and have gained over 1/2 the weight back, but on the other hand I know one lady that had it and looks great and swears by it. Either way and whatever you choose to do, please keep in touch with us, we miss you when you are gone. As far as the foster kids, I hope things go right to adopt DFD, and maybe something will break and you will be able to finally adopt DFS#1.

Nicole, Nicole, Nicole Need I say more. Ok, I can't say much, since we went on vacation in August I have gained back an embarrassing amount of weight. We're back at it again and that is what counts, right?!?

Katy- I'm glad that you are feeling better. Just suck it up and go to the COD, you will be glad you did. I didn't go for almost 3 MONTHS and look where it got me.

Stacy- 6 lbs!!! YOU ROCK!!

Becky- Welcome to our little group

Amylou- Sorry you are feeling ick. Take care of yourself and get better soon.

Paula- Congrtats on the 1 lb. A loss is a loss

Michelle- YAY on the 3 lbs.

Lettie- Awesome job.

Jules- Welcome "back" You are always welcome here.

Alannah- WTG on the loss.

On the weight loss front, I lost 3.4 lbs. since my COD WI last week!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote