Old 01-04-2008, 12:42 AM   #136  
LAWL Salt Police

Sounds like you've got your hands full, Heather, but it also sounds like you're doing a great job..

I'm sorry you feel you won't be able to continue on without the COD accountability. It was hard for Liz and I, but we've been able to soldier on, using each other for that important part of the plan. You've done great losing 15 so far, and I know you can keep it up...

Leave if you must, but please remember one thing... Just because you stop doing the "plan" doesn't mean you automatically give up on what the plan taught.. If nothing else, LAWL teaches us how to eat properly and with that comes better health.. I can't imagine that you or anyone else who stops doing the plan just automatically goes back to buying chips, candy and fries, right? Read my thread about "Eat this, not that" if you want some real food for thought..

Stick with the things you've learned and you will lose weight and you will be healthier... It may take longer to get to your goal, but your body will thank you..

Best of luck and you are always welcome here!!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:12 AM   #137  

Height: 5'2"

Default Pizza on numbered plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys mom View Post
Ok, No time for personals right now BUT...

I won tickets to the Winter Jam 2008 concert that is coming!! Heres a link...
http://www.wcqr.org/pages/events/win...nd-win-2.shtml
scroll to the bottom and watch the video... I am soooo excited! Mandisa from American Idol is going to be there as well as MercyMe, BarlowGirl and others!

By the way I just cheated before I got on here... I has a couple pieces of thin crust pizza... Is it safe to say pizza is my weakness???
I am sorry to say that Carb cravers do not exist on the numbered plans. They were replaced by quick combos. Pizza counts as 1/2 protein/2starches/1fat for 1 plain or vegetable slice (mushroom, broccoli or spinach), pizza shop style; 7" long by 6" crust (1 slice of large 14" pizza); pat oil.
Have a great day everyone.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61.5 lbs.
Current weight
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #138  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Heather- So good to see you! Good luck with the adoption process. I know that this has been a long process for you guys. What kind of surgery are you looking at? I think that the lap band looks very interesting.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:28 AM   #139  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone Well, I did it......I WI this a.m.......and it was NOT pretty. I have managed to gain 23 pounds since September. Anyone care to top that? It doesn't matter anymore......today is a new day, and my first day of TO. I feel relieved to be away from the binging. That can be very stressful!!!! Have a great day everyone And Heather........it is good to hear from you. Best of luck with the courts and all that fun. I know it is very frustrating, and those kids are soooo lucky to have you and DH. Keep smiling, and do keep in touch. Just cuz you aren't OP doesn't mean you can't hang out with us. Heck, I haven't been OP for months, and I am still here
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:29 AM   #140  
New mommy again :-)

God love you, Heather. You really do have your hands full. But what a blessing you are to those children. And now adoption?! How exciting! I am sorry that the program didn't work out for you as well as you had hoped. Do lots of research on the weight loss surgery and make sure you find someone reputable if you do decide to go through with it. I'm always watching these weightloss shows (as I'm sure we all do) and infection and worse seems to happen alot. But I wish you the best and like Dan said, you are always welcome here. As a matter of fact, I would LOVE it if you would share your adoption journey with us.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:32 AM   #141  

Hi Nicole! We were posting at the same time. You are a very brave soul for stepping on the scale...I'm afraid to. My eating has been waaaayyyyy off plan and I broke my toe 3 weeks ago, so no treadmill for me. I am getting back on track tomorrow...honest;-) And I'm going to come up with a strength training routine. I haven't hit goal, but ya know, I am happy with where I am right now. I just need to tone up a little...okay, a lot
Old 01-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #142  

Oh, and Katie...I must have missed your post about leaving the daycare. Are you going to have a daycare at home again? I think about you alot when I take my daughter to preschool. I think you took your job around the time that I was looking into a daycare for her...so there's a little bit of a connection there.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:37 AM   #143  

Ugghhh...my mind is just all scrambled today...

I wanted to say hello to everybody and that I've missed you all terribly!!!

Work has just been crazy. We fired a girl in December and I've been covering her position until we find someone. Now it's the beginning of the month which means I have to do billing...picture 3 reams of paper sitting on my desk waiting to be sorted through, stuffed in envelopes and mailed. Anyone want to come to PA and help me? Or better yet, anyone looking for a job? That could be dangerous though...2 people in the company on 3FC all day

Ok...seriously...got to get back to work...
Old 01-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #144  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Ow, Tina..........a broken toe just sucks. I did that once......it's just no good!!! It's not like you have a cast or anything to make people aware that you are dying in pain.........and someone ALWAYS steps on it, or trips over it. It just sucks.

As far as getting back OP.......I know, it is soo hard, but I tell ya, I have been feeling pretty icky about myself, and I know it is cuz I haven't been taking care of me. Well, yesterday I started taking care by checking into the flylady, and today I am taking care by eating well. Maybe tomorrow I will add in a walk, cuz the weather here is supposed to get really nice this weekend. Who knows.

You have come sooo far ths year..........and we are all so proud of you. You ought to be too. Don't beat yourself up for being off plan.......just pick it back up like you never stopped Hey, did you spend any of you winnings on YOU?
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #145  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! I know we should wait until TO/FF is over, but I couldn't resist and I was down 2.2 lbs already this morning. Yippee! Maybe I can be in the 230's again by Monday.

Nicole, I'm right there with you. I've gained back 19lbs since September -- well now it's 17 again...lol. I'm so touched that you thought of me while wiping ***...lmao.

Heather -- I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel you can continue. I wondered myself how well I would do without the accountability of the COD, but ultimately I'm responsible to myself. I figured why shouldn't I be as eager to please myself as I was to please them? I'm going to try to let the commitment I've made to myself be my motivation. Afterall, if I made an important promise to a friend I would do everything I could to honour it, and why wouldn't I treat myself with the same courtesy and respect. I'm sure I'll slip up here and there, but it's worth a shot. Best of luck to you in your decision to pursue surgery, and I'd love to hear how that goes for you.

Today is my second day of TO/FF and it's already hard! Yikes, day 1 was a breeze, but today I've been seriously tempted. I'm munching out on celery right now, but already thinking of what to eat for lunch. I keep reminding myself that I can eat lots of (on plan) delicious food tomorrow. I'll have to revisit Deb's cookbook and make something totally yummy.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:39 AM   #146  
Katy66

Good morning everyone! I'm finally recovering some from this upper respiratory mess that hit me on New Year's Day....What a way to start off 08 huh? Still feeling congested but at least I can breath a bit now

It has been bitterly cold here in Western NC. Overnight lows have been in the teens and then you figure in the windchill it is just awful to be outside. Things are looking up though, they are predicting a high of 63 on Sunday....can you believe it? Going from a high of 17 on Wednesday to 63 just a few days later.

Well, I'm planning on going to COD today for an official WI after my holiday binging. I've not been there since before Thanksgiving. Wish me luck! I really dread it, not just because of the damage I've done BUT I really don't like any of the Counselors any more. The folks who were there when I first joined about a year ago have all moved on. It just hasn't been the same since then.

I caught part of TBL also. I've not been a big watcher in the past but this is pretty interesting with the team concept.

Congrats to all you losers out there and to all the rest of us that are committed to getting back on plan with the new year! Hope to have more time for personals later!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:40 AM   #147  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

I've seen references to Deb's cookbook several times on here. Is it posted somewhere that I can find it?
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #148  
LAWL Salt Police

Hi Tina! Great to see you!!

Just a quick minute here to check in.. Hope you all make it through the day POP!!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #149  
sscott

Laurie - I was wondering about the cookbook references as well. You beat me to it!

I don't have time to do a lot of personals...I just can't keep up I finished my TO and am down 6 lbs. Wheww...i feel so much better! Now the trick is to stay POP!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:08 AM   #150  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

I have an electronic copy of Deb's cookbook. If you want to PM me your email address I'll send it on to you.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote