Old 11-12-2007, 01:35 PM   #16  
MyBoysNMe2

S/C/G: 168/134.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Chalk another one up for a BAD weekend! I have been doing soooo good with my stabilization and then BAM! Went to party Friday night and haven't stopped! I have realized that when I drink (adult beverages) I completely lose control as far as the eating goes.

I think I have my foot firmly planted on the brake now...I was up 4 lbs!

NOT changing my ticker! I will get back on track!

KimS
myboysnme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:48 PM   #17  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning gang...

I'm off today and spent the morning making a huge batch of the LAWL New England style clam chowder.. It's for a soup sale at the office tomorrow.. The last time I made it, no one had any clue it was virtually fat free and very low in sodium..

Liz didn't relate why she had a bad weekend.. She went down to Roswell (yes, where the aliens supposedly landed) and spent some time with her parents. Her dad is needing some knee surgery so Liz helped out around the house and yard.. Her mom has been sick lately too... I stayed home with DD while DS went with her. Liz was very understanding about me still recovering from being sick last week and being a bit road weary from my time away.

So while she may not have been POP, she was still very active... Me, on the other hand.. Well, I took DD to the movies yesterday and you know what that means.. POPCORN!!! Sorry.. I couldn't help it...

That said, I'm bound and determined to stay POP this week.. I've been letting things slip lately and as we head into the holidays, that's not where I want to be.. I'm still maintaining weight around 190, but I don't want to lose it...

Have a POP day, all and a great week too!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:51 PM   #18  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey Dan..........thanks for not taking offense to my man bashing earlier
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:04 PM   #19  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Bad weekend here, too! But POP so far today. I'm gonna stick with once/week WI's for a while...Wednesdays. We'll see how that goes.

Amy - you are soooo right about hitting goal. I am stuck with 10 pounds to go. But you know, if I lowered my goal to 120, I would feel like I would have to hit it and that would just be bad.

I've been lurking alot lately and there was so much to catch up on. My memory isn't good enough to do personals. I did love that e-mail you posted, Karen...it was very sweet.

Hope you're hanging in there, Joni!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:49 PM   #20  
LAWL since 9/06

Thanks all for the encouragement. You are right. WE can do this. So far POP today and I plan on it staying that way.
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #21  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

O.K. I Blew it Saturday. Wasn't POP on Friday due to the scan and then Saturday we had a work day at our church and I totally didn't go prepared. They cooked out Hamburgers, Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Slaw you get the drill. So I was Off Plan on Saturday and up 3 lbs today to show for it.

Keep gaining and losing the same 3 lbs. Some how I have got to stop the insanity. Any suggestions? TO. Naw, will just put it back on. Maybe this is where I am meant to be.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 134/120/110

Height: 5'2"

I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate reading all of your post! I know I've only been here a week and a half but I've already learned so much from all of you! You truly are great people!! Here's to POP all week (including the weekend YIKES!!)
Beacon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:29 PM   #23  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

okay you guys - you had a not so pop weekend! You are still doing great!!! You are still good people, and you can still do this. Don't beat yourself up over it! You can get it back on track.

I am proud to report that I did have a pop weekend, and the scale was kind to me this morning - down 1 lb. Been a long time since i have seen it go down - so I am pretty happy about that.

anyway, just thought i would do a quick check in, and say hello, and try to cheer up all you weekend cheaters. (usually I am one of them)

Catch you all later,
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:32 PM   #24  
LAWL Salt Police

Well, the soup's all done and it came out pretty good... And what do you know, the kitchen's even been cleaned up...

Glad you're finding the information you need here Beacon.. Keep posting!

Nicole - No worries about the bashing.. I have pretty thick skin.. I also know it might be hard for Liz sometimes, but I don't parade around my weightloss. In fact, I keep pretty low key about it, as I know it might hurt her feelings.. The best thing I can do is continue to try and support her the best I can and lead by example (which I'm not always good at doing)....
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #25  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Rain, rain, go away! First I got rained out of the portrait session I was supposed to shoot yesterday and then it rained all day today - meaning that I was trapped inside with my class ALL DAY. For recess, we played 7Up. It was fun for the kids, but MAN! I am ready to blow this joint and head home! Unfortunately, DS and I have to head to WalMart for groceries. We are basically out of everything and that means that DH and I will resort to eating junk or, in my case, I end up not eating much at all - which is just as bad.

I am SO ready for Friday! We have parent-teacher conferences until 9:30 on Thursday night and then we'll be out on Friday and all next week for Thanksgiving! Woo hoo!! I can't wait to have a few of those lazy days where I sleep as late as the kids will let me (usually 7:00!) and then spend the day in my pajamas!! Ahhhhh!!!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #26  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Dan - my DH is going to hit goal WAY before me. His goal is higher, of course, and he's already lost nearly 80 pounds. But I know he'll be supportive while I continue my quest! He always is!

Last edited by bayoubelle68; 11-12-2007 at 04:37 PM.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #27  

Well guess what I am back. I have run out of weight loss weeks. but ya know that doesn't bother me. The center is over 50 miles from where I work since I got transferred and 40 miles away from where I live. When I am in town I pick up the bulk lites I have left but that is all. Marathon training is going well. I am up to 19 miles on the weekends. 5 tonight. Already have walked 2 while on morning and afternoon breaks. So, daily total is 7. I still have a bunch of fundraising to do. I have about 1300 left to reach the goal.
amy2liz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #28  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - mark me down for a non-POP weekend too. We went to NYC for the day yesterday. I won't go into details, but.... not good. I did walk quite a bit, but we gave in and took the subway a bunch too, trying to bring friends around to see as much as possible. Oh well, I'll be running around like crazy this week, my last week of freedom before I start the new gig next Monday. Hopefully it will counterbalance the bad!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #29  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi everyone!

I had a half POP half non POP weekend. It's so hard when you are at someone else's house (bunco fri night) but I did the best I could considering I was starving!!
Since I have been so busy the past two weeks we had NO food in the house. Dbf and I spent all saturday shopping and getting stocked up so that doesn't happen again.

Nicole-welcome home! How was your trip? I didn't have an actual trial, it was a mock trial for school but it was my final for my trial advocacy class. Real jurors, real judge, witnesses playing roles. It was so much work but a lot of fun in the end!

Amy-keep us posted!

For all the non POPers-let's go for a POP week! you know you can do 5 days in a row no matter what the weekend has in store!

Ok-off to make a nice POP dinner!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:13 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

I'm back to POP today... and really won't let myself have the first chip at the mexican restaurant next time. Why is it if I have NONE I'm just fine, but eat one, and bam... I can't seem to stop eating them? Oh well.. time to forgive and forget...

Amy2Liz30, 19 miles... wow... 1300 miles? Oh my gosh, that is soooooo far. Good luck with it! You don't need weight loss weeks to continue on the journey.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote