Old 11-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Carrie, Congrats on getting out of the 180's.

Emily, I am with you. I can't seem to get out of the 180's. I know it is my fault. Stay on plan and it would help. I seem to be down a pound or two since I haven't been feeling well and munching. I will try to WI tomorrow morning and see, if I make it to work. That is debateable at the moment. I am a speech pathologist that can't talk. That doesn't work to well. Especially when you are working with Prek - 5th grade. I also have HS tomorrow and those kids are severely challenged so I need to use my voice. Oh well, we will see.
Going to Dr tomorrow to get antibiotic for the infection in my sinus. May ask him to put my back on singular since it doesn't seem we are going to get much rain and I am allergic to everything.
Liza, Congrats on the loss. That is awesome!
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:34 PM   #167  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Tuesday - wow - a '74 Triumph! What a fun ride that must be. So just how large is your "largish" glass of vino??

Liza - I think your PJ idea is great! Sweet that you are opening your home to friends...what a special Thanksgiving I'm sure you all will have.

Kim033 - sorry to hear about all your aches and pains. Hope you are doing better!

Dan - wait a minute...you said "work sucks." I thought you loved your job? Did you just have a bad day.

Cecil - congrats on such a huge loss.

Carrie - congrats on leaving the 80s behind! My b'day is Dec 22 and it's the big 50 this year. Egads. I feel like I just graduated high school! I think my GPS is the Garmin 650 or 680 or something like that. DH is a big time "geo-cacher" and has had two or three handheld GPS' and has the navi system in his car (sweet, but expensive!). He's "Garmin" all the way. My GPS-to-be is portable with a 4.3" screen because, like I said, I'm turning 50 and the eyesight is going fast!

Amy -
Quote:
I'm getting 0 exercize in. I just haven't been motivated for one reason or another.
I seem to have this problem lately too. I did manage to get up a couple days last week and get on my treadmill at home to watch some back episodes of Desperate Housewives. Boy, I need something to get me going back to the gym on a regular basis. I pay a monthly fee for my membership. What a waste if I don't go!.

Nicole - done painting yet? Bathrooms are a pain to paint. I did mine once and it took forever and I didn't like the end result. Two years later I paid someone to paint it a nice boring golden beige and I love it! I'm doing some home renovations myself, but since DH is useless in all things relative to home improvement, I've hired someone to do the labor stuff. Install new ceiling fan, chandelier, foyer light, back door, doggie door and shower door. Unfortunately, I'm having a real hard time picking out the new chandelier/fixture for the dining room. Our house is sort of "transitional" style and I made the mistake of going to look for the fixture with DH. Suffice it to say we need that guy from "Designing for the Sexes" since we don't agree on anything. When we finally found one we both liked it was about three times my budget, so I'm trying to find someone to give me a deal on the fixture. To all of you with impecable design and decorating taste, I applaud you. I'm pretty bad at that stuff, which I guess is a good thing because I'd probably go broke decorating if I actually knew what I was going.

Okay - gotta go finish reading my Sunday paper....where did the weekend go?
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:32 PM   #168  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey losers!!
Way to go Liza, Cecil, Carrie and Emily!!! Keep up the good work..

And Tuesday... Keep it up.. All these days being POP will pay off.. In many ways, in fact..

We had a good weekend and were pretty much POP... My only diviance was today while doing a test run for some pate a choux I'm making for our annual Christmas party in a couple weeks... Pate a Choux is like a small eclair, filled with sweet stuff and topped with chocolate...

I saw Alton Brown make these on "Good Eats" the other night and just had to try them...

Now, before you gasp, I made it with splenda... Yes, I used real butter but not that much and when you figure you're only eating one, it's not that bad, especially since it's filled with just a little FF pudding or cool whip...

Anyway, they came out REALLY good.. So Liz is taking the batch to the office tomorrow so we're not tempted.. I also made a batch of low sodium beef jerky using lite salt and LS soy sauce.. So while it's not REALLY low, it's at least lower than it would be using the regular recipe... I make mine really hot, so I don't need all the salt anyway..

Hope you all have a great week!!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:00 AM   #169  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday, everyone! I'll be working at our old house today to get the rest of our stuff out so we can put the house on the market! A great way to spend my Thanksgiving break!

I'm also doing TO today and tomorrow. Thought I would get as many pounds off as possible before Thanksgiving Day! I know that I'm going to indulge a bit. But I also know that it won't be as bad as it usually is since I have to weigh in on Saturday! I'm making most of the sides, so I'm using low-fat, low-sodium ingredients. Still, broccoli cheese casserole and spinach madeline can only be adjusted so much before they turn to crap! I am also bringing broccoli slaw (which will likely be my saving grace!), honey-glazed carrots, pecan pie, pumpkin cheesecake, and - best of all - the rolls. Our school cafeteria ladies actually sold those yummy school rolls (frozen) as a fundraiser! They were only $3 a dozen. My big brother is so excited about those rolls! My mom and dad are cooking the turkey and dressing (Daddy's dressing is FAMOUS!), English peas, black cherry salad, and sweet potato pie (Mom uses my great-great grandmother's recipe and it's to die for!). My brother and SIL are bringing devilled eggs, hot potato salad, and a spiral ham. Now mind you, all of this food is for 10 people! The good news is that I can come home and leave it all there! We usually bring so much food home with us that we can have Thanksgiving for 3 or 4 more days! I will be very selective about what I bring home this year.

Nighttime potty training was going really well for my DD. We started just wearing regular panties to bed a little over a week ago and she hadn't had any accidents. Then last night, for some odd reason, she fell asleep on the couch at 6:30! She is such a night owl! I hope she's not coming down with something. Maybe it's just a growth spurt. Anyway, we put her to bed at 7:30 and she came to my room at 12:30 to tell me that she had wet the bed. ("Mommy, I tee-teed in my bed and it's all wet like a great big swimming pool!") I got up to change her and the sheets and she went back to bed. I hope this doesn't set her back! She's been doing so well!

Okay - time to mix up some of that nasty TO juice and start my day!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #170  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Everybody! Hope your all having a great Monday!

Dan - the Pate A Choux sounds great, and you and Liz have great will power sending them to work!

Kim3-hope the dr's appointment went well and you are feeling better.

Joni - I know what you mean about the eye site thing....I'm growing more blind by the second it seems. I'm not good at decorating either....I have a friend that does a fantastic job and is so creative. I wish I had just a tenth of her creativeness and I would be happy.

Felicia- night time potty training....oooohhhhh I remember those days....but you know my girls were sooooo much easier than my son! I'm sure your DD's accident won't set her back, she was just probably exhausted. All of my girls were completely potty trained by the time they were 2yo but when my son was 2 and a half and no way near being ready to be potty trained I asked the doctor if something could be wrong. He actually laughed at me and said I was too use to having girls! He said that little boys actually don't have control of their spinctor muscle to be able to be potty trained until much later than little girls so not to worry and he would eventually be ready....and he was it just took about a year longer since he was more interested in other things than being potty trained. Having three girls before him made him quite the experience in many different ways but he was and still is so much fun, not that the girls aren't but in such different ways!

I finally made it to the COD this morning and there was a new girl and she about drove me crazy! She was trying to sell me everything in site! She kept saying she thought I should have the LA snacks to keep me from eating too much for Thanksgiving....doesn't she know that I would just eat the snacks and the Thanksgiving food too!!! I have no will power but I'm sure going to try hard.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote