Old 11-14-2007, 08:03 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Shy – My husband and I usually go together. So I grab on to his belt and hand on while he drags me threw the crowd. They don’t seem to move for me either. I can send you the png. Format of my ticker then you can change it to what you want. You still may have to resize it.

Got2get- sorry to hear about your needing surgeries. Do you have the 800 number then you can speak to a real person and hopefully get a straight answer.

Jinx – I hope your daughter is better soon. Meds can really put a dent in a bank account. I personally think I have already learned some valuable lessons on fat from Alli. I know what will cause a TE and I hope that I will continue to avoid those things so they don’t become a bad habit once again. I’m also hoping at the end of 6 months that I will no longer need this tool to remind me to be good. I’ve not taken it study but it would be nice to know how long it would be effective.

Yesterday I went to Curves and just worked the one arm and skipped what hurt my shoulder. I just jogged longer. My daughter and I have decided we’d like to continue so we sat down to find out what the cost are. OMG! IMO I think it’s way too expensive for what they have to offer. I can join the YMCA and do many more things. Swimming, the track plus fitness classes and the list goes on. I have 2 weeks to decide then it would be over $175 more than the YMCA. (right now it’s closer to $100) While I do enjoy curves I just can’t justify spending that much on it. I think that after awhile I may become bored with it. I have 2 weeks to decide. Also the YMCA is running a special for this week only. They are waving the joining fee. UGH what to do what to do….
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:49 AM   #62  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

mez
That would be great. Thank you so much.

I am the one that does the pushing and shoveing. Get the heck out of my way lol and for heavens sakes and keep your little monsters and the husband at home if they don't know how to act in a busy store. They are generaly the ones that are causeing all the hold ups anyway lol. Not really, I am never in a hurry no matter what I do. If I were in a hurry I should have left the house sooner is how I look at it. I just hate shopping. I go in I get what I went for and I leave.

I would love to go to the YMCA but it is 500 dollars a year for one person. Heck if I had 500 dollars, which I don't. I can sure think of things I would spend it on other than the YMCA. Curves has a special running at least twice a year. I guess we could go without eating a few days a month and I could go to curves for that money. BUT if I did without eating a few days a month I wouldn't need curves lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-14-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:27 PM   #63  

i was working at target for the last 15 years...black friday was a whole other thing on the retail end ! people lined up at 5 in the morning. and by 10 am the store looked like a 3rd world country !! 5 people at a time asking for help ( and of course u wanted to help all of them at the same time) managers wanting you to do 4 things and no manager knew what the other was doing, long lines at the register and running out of sale product that you may never get in the store again..whew those days i am glad to have left behind..even as bad as that was it wasnt as bsd as 2 days before christmas when people would cuss and scream at you because the store ran out of the most popular toy weeks ago. luckily 98 per cent of my customers were wonderful, but it is the other 2 percent that give ulcers !!
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #64  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Howdy everyone! It's been a busy, usy week and I haven't had a chance to check in. On the up side, I think I've stressed off a pound or two!

Cold front coming thru tonight so it'll be off with the AC again for a while. Long range forecast says we could have rain on turkey day. I'm going to my friend's house for the big day on Thursday and then her weekend house for the weekend. It's the boat parade on Saturday so she & her husband are having a party for us us big city people.. Come on down and watch the fun! I'm never one to say no to a party!

I hadn't read anything about stopping alli after 6 months. I've been pretty lax about taking it the past month and I need to get back on track. I prequalified for a metabolic syndrome study tho and I'm sure that I won't be able to take it during the study. We'll see what happens. I have a drs appointment on Monday to see if I qualify to go on to the actual study.
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:26 PM   #65  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

got2get
I have friends that work at a few stores like walmart and a few that work at walmart. Never in my life. I have never understood why people treat those that work at those places like they do. For heavens sakes, they didn't order the products. They don't set the prices and they sure don't make enough to be yelled at.

bobbiegene

lol stress is not a good way to take off weight. I hope you get in for that study, sounds like you really want to do it.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:04 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Shy – I’m finding it hard to pay for the gym because I lost 40+ lbs by just doing my workouts at home. (Sadly I let life get in the way and gained it back) The only thing I think is different this time is I feel the gym give me that extra push that I need right now.

Ok here is the basic of my sig. Just right click on it and save to your hard drive. Then you can edit it on your computer with your favorite graphic. I figured this would be quicker than me emailing it. Since I’ve had others asking about my ticker. Remember The image you upload to 3FCs can be no larger than 100px high, 500px wide, and 19k in size. So you’ll need to resize it after adding your graphics.

Got2get – I use to work security at Target years ago. It can be such a mess!

Bobbigene – Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planed. Enjoy!

Well on my side I’m off to stay at my DD/DSIL home. They are going to Vegas and we feel the kids will feel more comfortable being at home. Plus her dog recently had puppies. (Chiweenies) So I should be pretty busy with 2 kids and 2 adult dogs and 6 puppies.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:12 AM   #67  
Happy New Rears!

Hi girls, sorry I was AWOL.

My second dose of cholera vaccine made me feel terrible and I was lying low for a few days.

I am leaving in 4 days and totally stressed at work -clearing up my desk as best I can and at home, packing and getting stuff read for my husband who will be home alone for 3 weeks while we are gone.

I have not been eating the best I've had some stress induced binges.

Anyway, glad you are all alive and kicking - talk to you later!

PS: I have a weigh in on Saturday and I suspect I'll be adjusting my weight UPWARDS on my profile.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:32 AM   #68  

thingirl...how exciting only 4 days but i would be stressed too. excited and stressed. my weekend is watching my grandkids love them so but it is like living in a tornado!

i am stressed also about my upcoming surgeries. i know it will be ok but i made the mistake of reading the mri results. a lot of words i didnt know but possible neoplasm i do know...apossible tumor could go either way yes or no. but i was up and lusting after bread most of the night ! i will have to stay on guard all weekend and remember possible isnt probable.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #69  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Thin, if you happen to have to go UP...you shouldnt stress over that, YOU HAVE DONE SO GOOD SO FAR!!!!! I am very inspired by your losses. I hope you have a SUPER trip and think of all of us stuck back here while you are out enjoying life. We will be thinking of you often, i'm sure!

Mez-have fun with the puppies (oh and kids too). I love puppies they are so fun! We have had several litters of cattle dogs in the past few years but now we are done with that.

Got2-You shouldnt stress about the surgeries that makes the body heal slower. Just have faith that everything will be ok and relax!!! We will all be thinking of you when it is time. (Just let us know)

Bobbie-I sure hear ya on the stressing off a pound or two, I think I have been doing that also. It is hard to not let that stress effect every part of your life! Takea deep breath. Your doing great!

Jinx-I think we have all had some form of TE's at one point or another...just be careful! You will be fine.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:36 AM   #70  

Hi Ladies! I've been out of the loop this week. The colder weather and then the rain have thrown me into quite a bit of pain. I don't like arthritis or fibromyalgia! I know I could have something worse, so I should be thankful that I don't.

With Alli saying that it only works for 6 months, is that if you take it 3 times a day regularly? If that's so, it should work for me forever since I forget to take it sometimes. I haven't taken any this week. I had gained 3 pounds last week, and I'm still bummed over it. Almost to the not caring point, but I know that I need to lose.

Sue, what's the scoop on a new job? 2 Surgeries in your future. Not fun at all.

Shy, I agree that people will need to stay with the lower fat after Alli. If we go back to eating high fats, we'll definitely gain. WOW, your Y is expensive! We can get a family membership for that price. For a bit more we can also get the cardio equipment room.

Mez, ouch to the shoulder!! If your son goes to Mich. State, I could go visit him! Well, it's about a 4 hour drive, but it's closer than Iowa! I just noticed yesterday that the sign for the Curves here in town is gone. I knew that the manager wasn't "user friendly" so I wondered how long it would last. We belong to the Y. Our membership needs to be renewed after the first of the year. I need to make use of it more than I do.

Still, I was pretty regular taking Alli at the beginning too. I even took it when we went to Florida to visit hubby's family late July. I haven't been regular with it for a couple months now, and the no weight loss proves it. I'm also not watching the calories and it shows.

Bobbigene, your Thanksgiving plans sound great!

Thin, I hope you are feeling better for the trip!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #71  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Tammy, I agree it DOES make a real difference when you take it vs when you dont. I can attest to that also. I was in such a funk that I didnt want to take it because I knew I would have TE's. That is how bad I was being for the last couple months. But thankfully I didnt gain a ton of weight... (just a half ton )
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:32 PM   #72  

Shy, I'm not blaming my gain on the Alli at all. I know it is me. I am eating nonstop it seems like. I need to get back my focus, I know that for sure.

Still, even when I was taking it and eating crazy, I really rarely had TE's. Glad that I didn't of course!

Going to a bazaar tomorrow with a couple of friends and then out for lunch. I hope I'm in a better frame of mind. Today I have just wanted to cry and sleep. Pathetic.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #73  

i hate it when it rains ! i love the rain but it hurts my knees soooo bad.i am in tears by nightfall..

job plans on hold until after the surgeries.

i have been reading the beck solution. i looked at a thread on 3fc and it looked interesting. got the book for 6 dollars at amazon. have to wait until the grandkids go home before i start reading it though.

still trying you are struggling so . hang in there though. we both know if we dont it will only get worse later on.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:57 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 235/195/150

Hey everyone. I have been away for a couple of days. Tending to the little one and eatinge verything in site. It is TOM and I have totally BLOWN it these last few (five) days. I have eaten everything and anything I could get my hands on, But I am so grossed out that I am ready to get back on and start again. I bet I gained all that I lost last week but oh well. We will see.

Hope everyone is doing well. It has become so cold here in Chicago! Hope the weather is mild where you all are!

Now I will go back and catch up on some reading on this thread!
JinxCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:01 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 235/195/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezmerize View Post
Shy – My husband and I usually go together. So

Yesterday I went to Curves and just worked the one arm and skipped what hurt my shoulder. I just jogged longer. My daughter and I have decided we’d like to continue so we sat down to find out what the cost are. OMG! IMO I think it’s way too expensive for what they have to offer. I can join the YMCA and do many more things. Swimming, the track plus fitness classes and the list goes on. I have 2 weeks to decide then it would be over $175 more than the YMCA. (right now it’s closer to $100) While I do enjoy curves I just can’t justify spending that much on it. I think that after awhile I may become bored with it. I have 2 weeks to decide. Also the YMCA is running a special for this week only. They are waving the joining fee. UGH what to do what to do….
I know what you mean about the Curves! I didn't join but wanted to. Luckily for me, I had a big park with a walking trail about a block away from me. But now that it is getting cold, I dunno what I am going to do. I think I am going to look into Women's Workout World and see. I would never do Bally's. Seeing all those beautiful 'skinny' people there would just make me sick!
JinxCat is offline   Reply With Quote