Old 12-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #136  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Tammy
Sounds like a lot but I decorate all the windows and the tree. I have to go and get a few more this year.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #137  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

I'm going to the grocery store today, the paper just came so I can check out the coupons. I'm planning on stocking up on alli friendly foods so that I can get back on track.

I can't imagine putting up 80 strands of lights! I don't check them much anymore - they are so cheap that if the strand doesn't light up and it's not missing any bulbs or have loose bulbs, I toss it.

I've still got a storage box full of unopened boxes of lights that I bought at an after Christmas sale ages ago. That was back when I decorated outside and put lights around the windows upstairs. I don't do that any more since one year some kids vandalized everything. They pulled my lights off the bushes, twice. They slashed a bunch of blow up decorations on the block and stomped on the wire ones. The whole street was pretty mad about it. I don't know if they ever caught the brats but I haven't put up lights outside since then.
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #138  

tammy...you got the house ?! i must not have read that post.

bobbigene...vandals can sure wreck things. i agree about not wanting to do it again. i remember one year my dad and brother put lights up on the outside of the house and kids came and stole quite a few of them..i was in high school and i found out it was a friend of mine and her brother that did it. dad never decorated the house again.....it is a shame they did that to you and your family. sounds like you had some beautiful decorations too.

i found a tree at big lots for 26.oo and i decorated it ( it is a pre lit tree) and i love it. 6 foot and just the right size for our apartment. since i did it myself i didnt have to listen to scrooge mchusband complain about the work !

surgery is scheduled for 8 am tomarrow. it will be so nice not to hurt anymore. 2 surgeries in 6 month..more than in my whole life !! sue
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:45 AM   #139  
Rennie

got2get
Will keep you in my prayers. I am sure surgery will go well and yes, you will be happy you had it done.

bobbie
Under the word cheap in the dictionary is a pic of me lol. Maybe this is one of the reasons we don't need me to work lol. I check them to make sure they are blinking or not lol. I will replace a bulb. That is about it. If the darn things don't light up and all the bulbs are there they get tossed. All the clear stands blink, these go in the inside of the tree. All the colored stands do not blink. That is the extent of my checking lights lol. I am sorry someone had to mess things up for you. We had a few houses here that really decorated. The people that owned this house did the same. I am still pulling stands of lights out of my pine trees lol. Anyway, a bunch of kids went thru and cut lights and all kinds of stuff. They were caught and good for their parents were given a good beating lol. We still believe in spair the rod and spoil the child around here. Then they were made to stand in front of our little store here in town ( not here any longer they retired ) and wear signs that said I like to tear up peoples Christmas lights.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:10 AM   #140  

Bobbigene, we had that same problem when we decorated outside many years ago. We never did it again at the home where we lived at the time.

Sue, we didn't just get a house, that wasn't me. We moved here 2 years ago in January. I love to shop at Big Lots!!! Our tree is a prelit one also. I love it! Prayers for you during surgery this morning, and prayers for those involved with the surgery that they will have skillful hands.

Shy, I love what happened to those kids who did that to the decorations!!!

Hubby and I are going away later today and staying overnight. Just want to get away. He hasn't been much of anywhere since he got out of the hospital in September. He needs to start doing more so he'll be ready to leave for Georgia the end of January.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #141  

oh tammy that is right, it was still tryin who was getting the house !. the christmas tree i got was the first one i picked out for myself..crazy when i think about it. this is my tree and it is perfect

thanks for the prayers and good wishes today. i was really nervous last night but today i am ok.

going to skip weigh in this week. what is the point i know i am not on plan and i am not going to beat myself ( or let alli site) beat me up over it.. beside i look good posing as an ostrich hiding its head..sue
Old 12-03-2007, 12:42 PM   #142  
Rennie

got2
Nervous day for me lol. Have my weigh in this Wednesday but since I have to take my son to the doc today might as well do it today and get it over with. I didn't do to bad over the holidays but I did indulge just a bit. I am always nervous on weigh in day lol.

Tammy
We still don't mess around out here. Is a shame as more and more of the old timers are dieing and younger people are getting their houses. The whole area is going to rack and ruine. You can tell us country folk from the city folk that move out here. We make our kids listen, they don't.

I have a whole bottle of Alli sitting her with only 3 pills gone. Wish I knew someone who could use it. Darn thing was expensive lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-03-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #143  

surgery went well. still a little woozy but doing ok. they made me weigh of course.. i gained it all back + 1 pound !!! it took me 3 months to lose 15 pounds and 2 weeks to gain it back !!! but after i heal i will start over and this time be able to walk too. but gads 16 pounds !!!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:48 PM   #144  
Rennie

got2get
Thank you so much for letting us know you are ok. The weight will come back off, you just get well.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #145  

i figured wrong..only 4 pounds. no pain today but i am still woozy. no more surgerys for awhile planned (please god) so i am looking forward to not hurting and being able to walk again..

thanks again ladies
Old 12-04-2007, 11:25 AM   #146  

Default Alli in the UK?

Hi all,

I'm new here. I've been following the Slimming World diet for a couple of years, and before that used a sort of low-carb idea. Have lost about 3 stone (around 40 pounds) but hit a major stall for the last few months. Various reasons, including a death in the family, but at least only a couple of pounds has crept on!

Am keen to get back in the saddle, and would like to use Alli to kick start the weight-loss. Have read all the advantages and disadvantages.

Does anyone know a good place, preferably online, on buy Alli in the UK?

Cheers and nice to be here!
iulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:45 PM   #147  
Rennie

julia
Nice going on the weight loss. Alli sure does help a lot of people boost the weight loss, good luck. Sorry not from the uk but I bet you can do a search of your local stores on line and find somewhere that sells it.

Got2
That isn't so bad. You will be your old self again ( new and improved lol ) pretty soon and that weight will come right off, I know it will. Glad you are feeling a bit better. Of course you are sore and I am sure not feeling quite your old self yet. Get plenty of rest and read a trashy novel. Relax, you deserve it.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:29 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Shari - Am keeping my fingers crossed you find a wonderful instructor. I love to dance I'm not very good but do it anyways.

On my side... the reason I've been MIA is my daughter had a miscarriage. She had her tubes tied after her daughter was born. (15 months ago) She had no idea she was pregnant. She was at my home and said she hadn't been feeling well then it happen. She had a normal period the last couple months (I had my period for a couple months when I had my son) I'm not very good with words we are just so shocked and saddend by this. I'm trying to eat on plan but somedays I just don't care... I know I need to get back to things and I will... I really can't write much more right now.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:02 PM   #149  

oh mez..i am so sorry for your daughter and the families involved..my prayers will be with you all..
Old 12-05-2007, 07:02 PM   #150  
Rennie

mez
So sorry to hear the bad news. Will keep you and your daughter in my prayers.