Old 10-29-2007, 07:36 PM   #61  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Amy- I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I used to stay home by myself a good bit when I still lived at home with my mom and thats waayyy out in the country and i would scare myself to death. I'm hoping it will be better now that we're in town. But, if ya'll see any late night posts about nothing, you'll know why The first night I decide I can't sleep I'm going to Wal-Mart to buy the stuff to make Dan's cheesecake! [No other time to sit still long enough, but I would love to have some!]

I am craving some chips and cheese dip from the Mexican place.. any good alternatives anyone? I could make the dip pretty easily on plan but what about chips? I don't want to have to "make" anything unless it's absolutely necessary..
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:40 PM   #62  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

The only tortilla chip that the online nutritionist has approved is the poppy seed tortilla chip from Trader Joes. I don't know if you have TJs out there but I love them. 6=1S (at least on the colored plans). Mexican is my weakness too!

I've made the cheesecake bites that are somewhere on the dessert thread- FF-cream cheese, cool whip and splenda mixed and frozen...YUM! I haven't tried the whole cc recipe yet-but I'm sure it's delicious!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #63  

I haven't ever even heard of Tradre Joe's.. I guess I'll be making the pita ones...

I printed out the recipe for the bites too, they look easier for a middle of the night Wal-Mart run...
Old 10-30-2007, 09:34 AM   #64  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Go Packers.....Get Busy........It's your birfday.
Did you see Brett last night, Kristen?
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:06 AM   #65  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyLashea View Post
I haven't ever even heard of Tradre Joe's.. I guess I'll be making the pita ones...

I printed out the recipe for the bites too, they look easier for a middle of the night Wal-Mart run...

Trader Joe's is a kind of higher-end gormet food type store.. Mostly found in California and the East Coast, there are few here and there in between...

Your nearest stores are in Georgia, so I wouldn't worry about it

I honestly never shop there.. The food is ok, but nothing I'd go out of the way for...

Oh.. And it was actually Cassi who posted the cheesecake recipe... Dang memory.. Hate getting old...

Anyway, it's pretty good, at least according to Liz.. Cheesecake doesn't really appeal to me (which I guess in the grand scheme of things is a good thing!), so y'all will just have to take her word for it..

I'm sure you probably have some specialty grocery/organic markets around there somewhere...

Last edited by Dan2112; 10-30-2007 at 10:11 AM.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:19 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 210/199.6/140

Hey everyone,
I posted in the newbies post but I thought I would post here as well. I really love the support you have for one another!
Here is a bit of my story...I started LA two years ago around this time, lost about 20 lbs and then went completely off program. This past June I started again but never really started right...was cheating like every other day. Well when I started in June my sister started with me(we live together). We are each others worst food enemy. When one gets a craving and eats something we both mess up. Well we have been doing great for almost two weeks now.....my cousin is getting married Thanksgiving weekend and we want to buy cute dresses.
Well I hope everyone has a on program great day!
PS...I go to a LA center but not sure if it's franchise or cooperate.
chica33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:43 AM   #67  
LAWL Salt Police

Glad you are here Chica... Have your sis chime in as well!

Doing the program with another person can be the best, or the worst when it comes to staying on plan.. But you both have to support each other and not give in..

What's more, make sure you don't have the bad stuff lying around in the pantry or freezer just waiting for you to have a weak moment... AND... The trick is to make sure you have plenty of easily accessible good stuff in its place so you can't use the excuse of "Oh, there's nothing good to eat around here"...

Sure, a bag of chips and bowl of salsa sounds a **** of a lot better than a bunch of grapes or celery stalks with no-fat dressing... But the plan takes dicipline...

You can turn those weak moments into victories and think how good you'll feel when you do!

Congrats on staying POP for two weeks!! That's a big victory in of itself...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:14 AM   #68  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi All.....

Amylou- don't be too hard on yourself-just jump right back in - you can do it!

Emily - I know what you mean about sleeping alone - It's hard for me when DH is not there also. Give it a little time and hopefully you can adjust and you can enjoy having the whole bed to yourself. DH gets up about 30 minutes before I do and even though I can't sleep when he's not there, I sure enjoy those 30 min. with the bed to myself. He always sleeps right next to me and after 26 yrs. of marriage I need some my space...so those thirty min. are my space with the bed to myself.

Welcome Chica33!

I'm sorry that I keep harping on this but I feel so bad for my son. Somehow someone he knows had some pictures of his newly x-girlfriend with her new boyfriend and my son saw them. My DD was there also and she called me to tell me because she felt so bad for him. She said he didn't react in any way that anyone that was there would know except for her. She said when she saw them, she looked at him and the look on his face just made her want to cry. I'm so glad since he is not at home he at least has his two sisters with him on the same campus for family support. All of my kids are very close and I am so thankful for their love and friendship for each other. I just wish we could skip this heart ache stage of life for our kids!
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:25 AM   #69  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Carrie-I feel so bad for your DS! Poor guy! How does she already have a new bf??? they were together for a loong time-they should both be single for a while. It is so nice that his sisters are there to comfort him since he's probably not sure exactly how to react to everything at once. I'm sure your heart is aching too!

Welcome Chica!

Alright-time to get a workout in (its been over a week)....

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #70  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!

Ok so it looks like a lot of us need to get back POP together! First I was sick, then last week at the mercy of whatever food was brought to me. I had just started TO the morning I got called out to the fires in the chopper and we all know how things went from there. So today, it's back OP. I went out for a little jog last night and the air quality is still pretty bad so Buster and I had to cut it short but at least I got started.

I'm doing TO this morning. Since I'd already had a little of the juice last weekend I'm subbing the morning part of TO with an orange and slice of canteloupe then I can use the juice the rest of today and tomorrow. I can't believe it's almost Novemeber! I really want to lose a chunk of weight by christmas so I don't feel ashamed when I dress up!

Have a POP day everyone! Dan... I'll miss your firemen.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:39 AM   #71  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Carrie - I'm sorry for your DS :-( So far, my daughter has been the heartbreaker but I'm sure it will turn around. It did for me darn it.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:55 AM   #72  
Kim - IP 9/10

OMG this computer is like the big time-sucking vortex of my life! Too much to catch up on!

Carrie - I just had a long conversation with my SIL about her wanting to 'make things better' for her son and how she feels helpless cuz there is nothing she can do. He's 18, same thing happened to him. I feel for you!

Emily - I've made the pita chips before - they are pretty good. Try them!

Nicole and Kristen - congrats on your boyfriend's win. Now that I am over the pain of him breaking my Dan's records, I can admire Brett's form.

OK, I must make some sort of headway today. I have so much I want to get done, and time's -a- wasting!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:25 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Carrie-I cant believe she has a new boyfriend already, what a jerk! My DD and her boyfriend of 4 years broke up Sunday. They do it occasionally but it never lasts, we'll see! She would die if he started dating somebody else!

I updated my ticker, I HATE having to move it back the other way but I had to be accountable! Now somebody kick me in the tushie!!!

Last edited by MomOfThreeTeens; 10-30-2007 at 12:33 PM.
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:10 PM   #74  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Just spoken in my classroom:

Kid #1: What's sign language?
(before I could answer...)

Kid #2: It's how blind people talk.
(before I could correct that...)

Kid #3: No, it's not! It's how DEAD people talk. Everybody knows that!

Maybe I should have #2 and #3 tested for gifted classes!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:20 PM   #75  

Hi All!

Chica-

Carrie- Bless his heart! That's awful that she is dating someone else already, but that's probably because she's feeling bad herself and trying to make herself feel better. I can't even imagine dating again.. after 6 years the idea is foreign to me...

Liza- Glad to see you're trying to get somewhat back to your regular schedule..

My first night alone went... slowly. I stayed on the phone with a good friend until about 2, and the channel surfed until after 3. Getting up for my morning class was torture, and of course I was late. Didn't make a wal-mart run, but I think I will tonight. I want to try the pita chips, and will go ahead and pick up the stuff to make the cheesecake while I'm there

Hope everyone is having a POP day.. I'm off to lunch!