Old 10-29-2007, 04:34 PM   #46  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Wow Lettie - you're just perking right along on NS. That's great!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:36 PM   #47  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

it does. i'm in a 16 and weigh about 180. Thats crazy how its so different!
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:38 PM   #48  
Laurie

I guess the saying every body is different rings true in this case. And remember, I'm taller than you are so that may make a difference too. Keep on doing what you have been and you'll be where you want to be before you know it.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:59 PM   #49  
ENOGO

S/C/G: 180/176.2/135

Height: 5'5'

Everyone is so different when it comes to sizes! I wear a 12 right now and I am at 175. My pre pregnancy weight was 130-135 and I was a six .....so for me three sizes is 35-40 pounds.
enogo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:28 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

I think a 16 down to a 14 is really just one size down. It did take me a fair number of pounds to really drop a full size. I think the first one took more pounds (but not more time really) because you drop a little water weight at first and then eventually you back it up with lost fat. It is losing the fat that makes the big difference in the size of the clothes, and not so much the pounds.

The Octoberfest Party I went to was not so good on the diet. I had saved 2 starches, 2 fruits and a protein to go to the party, and so I had some liquid starch AND some liquid fruit, and THEN (with rather impaired judgement) I spied the german chocolate cake. I practically had cake orgasms it was so good.. Oh well, I was on plan yesterday and managed to get up and power walk a couple of miles at the track.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #51  

i think the last food i had those thoughts with with was cheesecake from the cheesecake factory... anyone have a good OP cheesecake recipe?
Old 10-29-2007, 05:42 PM   #52  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

HI! VERY CHATTY BUNCH TODAY!

Joni - WOW -up at 3:27 A.M. posting!?! Don't you hate those insomnia (sp?) nights I have them every once in a while and just lay there watching the hours click by on my clock....I don't know why I don't just get up and do something but I just keep thinking I might fall asleep....crazy me!

Donna and Emily Enogo (Emily #2)

Nicole- weekend goal owned!

Felicia - great poem and great idea!

Lynn - Cute letter!

Kimphin - love the new avator

TTKim - I know exactly how you feel - I would take all of their pain myself if it were possible

Lettie - WTG - I don't ever lose during the weekend...ugh...8.8 lbs ...great job!

Liza - glad to hear you were able to get some much needed rest!

Hi Laurie, Kristen, Emily , Dan, Liz, and Kimberly

I've been staying pretty much POP since my scale started moving in the right direction until today....I've had a terrible day.....to much chocolate candy laying around the office...I have had one mini hershey bar and a single peanut butter cup.....yum they were so good but now I feel bad! I havent bought my halloween candy yet, I think I'll wait until the very last minute and buy it on my way home from work Wednesday night. I don't seem to have very good self control when it comes to candy, especially chocolate so I guess I won't buy anything chocolate so I can keep it out of the house. My weekend went by really fast....DS come home Friday early afternoon and then drove all the way back to school Friday night. Its just two hours away and he wanted to get back for the homecoming celebration. ( He had a meeting he had to attend here at home) but I wish he would of stayed. He is still struggling with the break up with his girlfriend. He called Saturday night and his voice sounds so sad....I know he doesn't want to talk about it so I don't bring it up unless he says something first.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #53  
LAWL Salt Police

Emily..

I think I posted the LAWL approved cheesecake recipe a while back in the dessert recipe files.. If not, can someone with access to the cookbook post it? I lent mine to the boss so he could get some ideas on cooking healthy...

Don't count me among the bored.. I just returned from a long hike through the brambles and tumbleweeds along the Rio Grande.. We were out surveying a future treatment areas, marking the treatment perimeter. I got into a nasty grove of dried up tumbleweeds and emerged covered in stickers.. Now my allergies are FLAMING.. So I think I'll pop into the shower and take some meds...

At least I got a nice hike out of it and a lot of it was straight up and down as we had to make our way down a very steep embankment to get to the river.. I'm happy to say that while my two companions were huffing and puffing after we got back to the top, I was barely breathing hard.. A year ago, I would have been incredibly winded...

Oh.. I bought the first pair of 34's I've bought since high school, over the weekend!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:53 PM   #54  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Whoo Hoo Dan....Size 34!!!! WTG!
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:57 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Dan congrats on the 34's! I'm somewhat jealous that you got to go and hike and got paid for it (not much call for that when you write software to calculate pension benefits at all).

Carrie, two fun pieces of candy shouldn't be a big deal. Just count the exchanges (maybe a starch and a fat for 2 pieces sounds about right) and just go back to plan. I hope your DS feels more cheerful soon.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:08 PM   #56  

Dan!! You might just be one of my favorite people in the world right now!! I'm going to look for it as soon as I'm done posting!

So.. DBf just called. He heard back from a job he's been waiting for. Better pay and an easier job so he's excited. But.. its 3rd shift, which means I'll be home alone at night
Old 10-29-2007, 06:11 PM   #57  

that was supposed to have a BIG at the end, by the way.. I HATE the idea of being home alone at night. People are just crazy these days!!
Old 10-29-2007, 06:39 PM   #58  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi friends!

Wow-this could not have been a more non POP weekend. I took a final on Sat and definitely over-ate while I was studying. Then Sun I had all my friends from school over-made lots of good food and then they all brought lots of good food!! I tried to keep it together-but of course they all wanted me to try their dish! So it ended up being lots of little cheats! I think I had a food hangover this morning!

I'm disappointed in myself bc I should have been more in control-I had food there that I could eat and I know my friends would have understood if I told them I had to watch it-but I just wanted to not be obsessing about food for a night-and now it turns into me obessessing about how bad I was. I'm not beating myself up-but I am beginning to wonder if this is my self-sabotage coming to bite me. I'm starting to feel so much more comfortable in my clothes and am worried that I'm slipping. I've got too far to go to get to my "real" goal---so I've got to get my head back in the game for real this time. I'm tired of the back and forth!!

I haven't gotten to catch up on all the posts-but I feel for you Emily. I've gotten way too used to sleeping next to someone every night. I would go nuts if he worked nights. Do you have a dog? Whenever DBF is out of town I always have my doggy in my bed to make me feel somewhat safe!

Nicole- I didn't get to read your entire post but DID see that you met your weekend goal!! KEEP going girlie!!

ok-class time!

Last edited by amylou7777; 10-29-2007 at 07:10 PM.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:02 PM   #59  

Amy- We don't have a dog.. I have two at my mom's house but DBf is not big on dogs in the house, so I had to leave them when I left. And I'm with you on being way to used to him being there! Makes me sad He doesn't see the big deal because I'll be asleep the whole time he's gone, but that's the thing.. sleeping without him will be torture!! Don't feel bad about the OP night.. everybody needs a night to relax with the girls every now and then. Just jump back on the wagon today!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:18 PM   #60  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Thanks for the encouragement Emily! I'm trying not to beat myself up but I haven't seen ANY movement on the scale this month and I've been so consistent thus far so I really want to get back on that wagon!!!

I hope that you get used to him not being there-it will just take time. I hear EVERY single noise when I'm home alone and totally freak myself out but you can do it! Hopefully this new job will be worth it.

I went back and finished last weeks thread...

Felicia-hope you are all better!! Poor thing. Don't worry I had chicken soup when I was sick and it didn't do a thing as far as the scale. I love your toothfairy poem. You are so creative.

Lettie-way to stand up for yourself at your interview!! People are so blinded by money these days that most would have forgotten their beliefs to take a job --so way to go!

Kim3-yes this was a 10 week course. We have our state ethics exam this coming saturday- so they end this legal ethics class in time to take a final and then continue studying for the state exam. It seems like it will be non stop test taking from here to december!! I still haven't touched that halloween candy! Never mind the cupcake I had last night.....

Liza-how are things?
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote