Old 10-17-2007, 02:36 PM   #16  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
Lucia, I think we all fell in love with the 2 pounds a week fantasy, it is oh so seductive. Some bodies are just slower to lose weight. Mine is one of those bodies. The thing is that slower is not the same as impossible. Losing slowly is the so much healthier. You are most likely losing all fat. Take out the equivalent amount of butter... 3 sticks a week is what is going from your body every week, 12 sticks a month. Think about how hard your body has to work to rearrange itself for the loss. Think about the healing that is going on inside your body as you eat healthier and all the inflamation and problems that being overweight were previously causing in your body are healed. I truly believe we plateau sometimes because our bodies are busy healing from the previous damage and weight loss is not the first priority. Now, I do think that trying something new or mixing up your menu can wake your body out of its slumber and on to greater weight loss. Long term weight loss is all about persistence. It is not a race to get to a goal weight, although the COD treats it like that... but really now that I'm maintaining, it matters not that it took me a long time to get to here, it matters that I can do this for the rest of my life. You can't have the mind set that you can't wait until this is over, since if you want to keep off the weight, there is no over. It is a permanent life style change.
Very well said, Barbara. I am going to copy and paste it to the losers thread, cuz everyone should read this
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:10 PM   #17  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
It is NOT, and I repeat, NOT the end of losing . That is just your inner fat girl trying to get you to quit. Pin her down and remind her who the boss is!!! You can do this......you can do this........you can do this !!!!
XOXO
You should make that your signature Nicole. The inner fat girl is alwasy going to be alive and kicking. I've been known to go on and on about how I love certain elements of outfits in the Women's Sizes departments, and that I madei t my focal because that's what I wanted to wear. I'm a size 8, I can fit into a small top (ableit with a chest my size it looks ridicoulous ), yet here I am liking clothes in a size 22. I think after we all lose weight and sizes the body dysmorphic issues stay. It's something that takes a lot more conquering than the healthy eating habits.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote