Old 09-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #31  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
Well, Dawn thanks for the info on the Dixie Stampede. I am reconsidering whether this is a good option for us.

start LAWL 12/27/06
red plan until 4/16
gold until 7/27
plan 2 start 7/28
total lost 47 lbs.
Lynn........I have heard it is an excellent show I have not been, but they have one here in Branson, MO, and folk rave about it. I am not a finger food lover myself......but other than that, I don't think you will be sorry
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:26 PM   #32  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

hey gang,

Well my day off is almost over but I was glad I had it. I needed it after the last 3 weeks at work. Today I went and signed my lease for my lot for the minihome and got a couple of other things for the house looked after.

I also colored my hair - intense auburn it is called. I like it. Not sure if anyone else will though. Grey roots were really bad so I had to say bye bye to them!!

For supper I roasted a chicken so that I have eats for a few days for work and having something to take over to my ex's tomorrow night to see the furkid.

Other than all that I just relaxed a bit and tried to take it easy. Back to work tomorrow again.

I haven't hardly watched TV all summer but this week some of my favorites start so I'll be watching. CSI Miami and Dancing with the stars both start tonight. I don't have that many that I watch but the CSIs are exceptions for me.

Have a great evening everybody...
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #33  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi friends!

I am still fighting this cold. I have been diligent with my vitamin C, echinacea, airborne, water etc but I still feel it sitting there. I seem to have more energy today so I hope that is a good sign. One more class tonight....hoping I can stay awake!
I was so not hungry yesterday and missed quite a bit of food. The skipping always seems to mess me up more than the little cheats, so I hope I'm not up at w/i tomorrow morning.

Lynn- I will have to look into a consignment store. That would be the best thing to do and would definitely save me money. I always forget I can always get things altered if need be. I'll have to look/ask around.

Nicole-what are we going to do without you on here??? I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Jillian- I hope everything is going ok for you.

Karen- so good to hear from you. Will be thinking of you and your daughter! Hope everything goes according to plan and you have a healthy grandbaby!

Alright, I better find something to eat before class. Luckily I was able to come home so I can make something OP!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:26 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

I posted a new profile picture, its the dress I bought for my sons wedding, let me know what you think!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:31 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 266/260/150

Height: 5'7''

Went to my COD today for WI, down another 2.6 lbs, thats a grand total of
7lbs in 2 weeks. Trying to make 10lbs by the end of september. Heres to starting my 3rd week on LAWL!!
adventuregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:45 PM   #36  

Way to go Adventuregirl!! Thats a great start!
Old 09-24-2007, 07:53 PM   #37  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Congrats Nicole...you lost 3 lbs last week. You gotta feel great about that....a lot better feeling than getting cover in seed ticks, that's for sure!!

Hi Kim - will power dust coming your way! LOVE the dress....great choice and you look fabulous!!

Welcome Krista - See below for my Take Off/Fast Forward explanations.

Barb - I'm laughing about your bulb planting. I buy the bulbs...forget about them and then in a crazy rush, I dig a couple holes with my shovel and throw all the bulbs in haphazardly....they come up quite nicely that way...but I know it's a waste of good money.

Dan - I'd love to see your stats somewhere in your signature....or add the word LOST to your signature (LAWL Goal - LOST 105 lbs. - OWNED!)

Unlimited proteins (meat, poultry, fish)
Unlimited raw, green salad veggies
2 eggs or 1/2 C egg beaters
4 glasses of the TO drink *
8 8 oz glasses of water
1/2-1/2 tsp Morton Lite salt
NO OTHER FOODS -no bread, no milk, cheese, fruit, condiments, etc.
You can have up to 24 oz per day of diet soda, 3 packets of articifical sweetner, 2 cups of coffee.

Take Off you use the LA Lites (or comparable bar)
Juice (32 oz a day)* or Fruit (4 C of cantalope or 4 oranges)
6 oz protein (recommend you eat the same protein all day)
2 green veggies
& 2 LA Lites
* If you use the COD drink, it's 16 oz of their juice and 16 oz water for each day. Or buy 2 bottles of the Knudsen Morning Blend juice and each day you mix 6 oz water, 26 oz Knudsen's juice and 8 teaspoons Benefiber powder. This seems to be the closest in taste/nutrition to the COD juice.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:40 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kim, Killer dress... You'll be one hot mother of the groom.

AdventureGirl, you've made a great start. Just keep going and before you know it the pounds will add up.

Laurie, I felt like you shouldn't even ask me. Really it went pretty well with a few minor plateaus until the last 5 pounds.... So don't feel bad if it is taking awhile. It is normal, and almost the expected thing. Don't let anyone make you feel like you SHOULD lose 2 pounds a week, since as you get lighter that is a taller order. Your body is adjusting to its new size. I liked the thought that when you are on a plateau that your body is sucking itself in and preparing to lose the next bit, and often it is the case, when you are stuck at a weight, if you measure you will see yourself continuing to shrink. So try to find several ways to measure progress so you can feel good about it even when they going gets slow.

Has anyone else noticed that their legs cross totally differently now than they did when they were heavier? I had always thought that I had lost flexibility... I never knew that I had just changed the way I crossed my legs because my legs got too fat. I used to always sit with my foot hooked around the back of my ankle... and when I lost weight, bingo suddenly I could sit that way again... It is like turning back the clock in some ways.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:43 PM   #39  
Post-Master

Kim #2...........the dress is lovely on you Really.....it is just perfect You look beautiful!!!
XOXO
Old 09-24-2007, 09:58 PM   #40  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Karen - I hope everything goes well with DD and baby ...keep us posted. My daughter ended up with a c-section also three weeks early. Placenta Previa....that's what was causing all the problems. Mother and son are doing well and he had gained 1lb at his two week check up so all is well...thanks for asking.

Hi Katy 66

Alannah - I'm a CSI fan also but I have to say CSI Las Vegas is still my favorite

Amylou - Sorry to hear about your cold, I hope you feel better soon

TTKim - love the dress!

Adventuregirl - Way to go on your loss!
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:37 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Kim, I love the dress. Thanks for sharing. You are going to look fabulous!

Adventuregirl, way to go!

Lynn, you can go to the Dixie Stampede website and get a run down of the menu. They serve cornish hen and pork as protein, the soup, the corn, I think potatoe wedges, and an awesome desert. Definately not on plan but hey it is one meal and you are on vacation. You can stow away utensils in your purse. Much more fun to slurp it down and pull with your fingers. WE have been several times to the one in Pigeon Forge during different seasons. We always have a good time. Always fun to watch the tourist trying to figure out how to eat their soup and then their food!

Later
Hello everyone else.
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:46 AM   #42  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Kim #2 - Wow! I love the dress! You look gorgeous!!

Amy - sorry about the cold. I hate that! I don't like to eat when I have a cold either. I think it's mostly because I can't taste everything.

Nicole - I'm so excited for you about the trip!! I know you can't wait!

Everybody else: Have a fantastic day! Relish in each victory and put the defeats behind you! (I'm sorry to lump you all together, but it's 6:45 and we leave for school at 7:00. Neither of the kids is dressed and there's always a huge drama over doing Elizabeth's hair! I'd better go!!)

Last edited by bayoubelle68; 09-25-2007 at 07:47 AM.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:29 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Kim your dress is just stunning! well actually YOU are stunning and the dress looks great! how does it look with the jacket off? will you be taking it off at the reception? so what does the mother of the bride look like? is she going to be jealous of your gorgessness?
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:02 AM   #44  

Thanks for the compliments guys. I sure had a blast trying on dresses.

Lettie-The mother of the bride is a beautiful lady. Her dress is chocolate brown, I'd say we're going to compliment each other nicely :-)
Old 09-25-2007, 09:18 AM   #45  
Post-Master

Good morning everyone Kim #2.......you are so gracious

I am going to try to stay off here as much as possible today and get my suitcase finalized

My mom bought me a new pair of jeans, a sweater, and an adorable jacket from old navy last night. I went and tried stuff on at my old navy.....told her what fit.........and she went in Wisconsin and bought it. She is the best. I am also happy to report that I had a size 14 jeans on in the dressing room.............diva cut (which are slimmer in the thighs and butt)........but I had an extreme muffin top going on.........so I put them back and went for the 16's. I know old navy runs big.......but that is the first time I have seen a 14 in a long time........and size L tops

Ok, have a great day everyone.

Hey, Lettie, did you officially start nutrisystems yet?

Ok, have a good one everyone
XOXO