Old 09-25-2007, 09:29 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Nicole! Good for you on the size 14's you hot momma!!!

When I got home yesterday I had a message from the COD, I havent been to WI in 2 weeks and I NEVER do that, I guess they think I quit or something LOL Anyway, some girl I never heard of calls and says Hi Kim, just wanted to let you know we missed you last week. We've got your things together for you to START stabilization so call or come by this week. START stabilization? I had to laugh. I'm done with stabilization and started on maintenance already, sheesh! When you start stabilization they make you a totally new chart so how could she look at my chart and not know that I've done it already?
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:36 AM   #47  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone. Hope today is POP for everyone. Kind of drab and looks like rain here. Hope we get it. We're in desparate need.

Kim - you are absolutely gorgeous in the dress. You'll knock their socks off!!

Lettie - Good luck with Nutrisystems. I have a girlfriend that did that and lost 50 pounds doing it. Hope the tick bites are getting better.

Nicole - great NSV on the 14's. Doesn't it make you feel on top of the world when you can get into those sizes you haven't seen in a while? Kind of reinforces what we're doing here.

Amylou - Hope the cold gets better soon. It's so hard to concentrate when you feel icky.

That's all the personals I can remember for now. I'll check back in later.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:43 AM   #48  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Nicole - the clock is ticking .....how exciting for you to go to Germany....sounds like your very prepared. I ALWAYS forget something that I have to have and end up having to purchase it while on the trip. Not such a bad thing sometimes, but other times it really agravates me because I don't need two of what ever it may be. I have started making a list hoping that it will help while I pack, but I still manage to leave something out. Well, you know that we are all going to be thinking of you while your gone and oh so jealous.

Felicia - I remember those crazy mornings when my kids where young, it does get better. I also know what you mean about the hair ordeal.....my third daughter always had very long hair, past her bottom, it was beautiful but she always wanted it in a french braid every morning....and it had to be perfect.....oh the memories

Well, yesterday after I did my 40 minutes on the elliptical at the gym, I decided to lift some weights (which I haven't done in a few months), my arms are very sore this morning. I like it though, when I can tell that I have done something. I use to incorporate weights in my workout everyday, but got so I couldn't tell at all so I started to just do 60 min. of cardio instead. I'm switching back to 40 min. cardio and 20-30 min. of strength training to see if it doesn't help with the weight loss. They say you need to switch it up every once in a while...so we'll see.

Heres to a POP day!
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:03 AM   #49  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

GM all. I'm in DC this week and will be struggeling to stay OP. I did o.k. yesterday though. I didn't eat OP, but I sure didn't eat much. Had THAI food last night and it was BLAAAHHHH!! Tasted like paste or something.

Congrats on all the lossess. I won't go in to mine. I was down to 142 on Sat morning (BNWI), but had a sweet tooth that evening and over ate on the yogurt and Fiber one (isn't that a great treat?) so was up to 145 on Monday Morning. Oh Well. Now I know. I plan on that coming off this week and then some. My Columbus day goal is 140 and I Can do It.

Kim Congrats on the Maintenance. Send me a PM if you have updated info.

Liz, congrats on the 14's, just think soon they will be too big. I hate having these nice clothes that are too big now, cause I just bought them. But thats what its about, right?

Hope everyone has a great week. I have a NSV I will share later, its too long to type out now.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:03 AM   #50  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Just a quick check in this morning. I am heading out to golf this morning in about an hour.

Kim - you hot mama you - you look absolutely beautiful. I love the dress.

Carrie, congrats on the grandson. Glad to hear he is doing well.

Well everyone, I gotta run, but will try to check in later. Internet was been off and on, they are doing upgrades in our area supposedly, so, see if I have internet later.

Everyone have a great day.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:15 AM   #51  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all! Hope everyone is having a POP day so far.

Kim2 - You look beautiful! I love that dress. When is the wedding?

Amy - Good luck staying on plan while you are out of town, that is so tough!

Nicole - Congrats on the 14s, that is awesome. You must be getting SO EXCITED about your trip.

Amylou - It really sucks to have a cold this time of year, sorry! I find it hard to stay on plan when I'm sick too. Nothing tastes good so I just keep eating hoping I'll find something that feeds my taste buds.

Hey Lyn, Karen, Laurie, Liz, Dan, Lettie and everyone else

Gotta get back to work. Have a great day
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #52  

Thank you Katy, the wedding is in 4 weeks, October 20th. We're having the rehearsal dinner catered and DH was looking at the menu. He said we need to make sure we pick something you can eat. I said dont worry about me, those two days of the rehearsal and the wedding I'm going to eat whatever I want! Its time to celebrate!! I told him I would probably be too nervous/busy/excited to eat much anyway! LOL
Old 09-25-2007, 11:25 AM   #53  
Val

Lettie – Don’t worry about abandoning us is favor of Nutrisystem (just kidding). Seriously, we are all individuals and whatever works for you is a good thing. Just don’t leave us, ‘kay.

Hi Karen – good to see you back. Looking forward to hearing all about your darling grandbaby!

Amy – Have you tried Cold FX?

Kim #2 – What a gorgeous dress! You’re going to look better than the bride!

Hope everyone has a POP day!
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:30 AM   #54  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Good morning everyone!

Lettie-those seed ticks sound horrible! Was your doggy attacked too? GL on nutrisystem. I've heard mixed reviews overall but for those who liked it and did it they have had great success. I hope it's right for you!!

Nicole-what a sweet mom you have! And congrats on the 14s! ONavy jeans never fit right on me (I have a muffin top in all sizes there I think) so that is awesome!!

Felicia-aww, I hope you guys all made it to school ok. I remember when I used to give my mom a hard time about my hair. When is your next w/i? I can't wait to celebrate two topia with you. How is the new house?

Kim-you look GREAT in that dress. I love the color and the jacket combo. You are going to have a ball! Can't wait to see pictures from that!

Carrie- where did your pic go? I too need to get back to weights. I feel so much less tight since I've stopped for about a month.

Thank you for all of the get well wishes! I'm still feeling a scratchy throat but haven't gotten the full blown cold yet. I'm convinving myself that it's going away!
I actually have to be in SF today for a funeral so I'm taking the day off of school. My best friend's grandmother passed away so I'm heading out soon to be there. I'll stop by COD for a weigh in, but it doesn't look like the scale has moved since saturday.

Hope everyone has a great day!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:31 AM   #55  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

I haven't heard of that Val? I may hit the drug store before I drive to the city, so I'll check that out. Thanks!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:05 PM   #56  
LAWL since 9/06

Well, first day of FF went well. Back down to 169. I hope to be down more than that after today. 2nd Day of FF going well as well.

I watched Heroes this morning as had Taekwon Do last night. I love that show and glad it is back on. Can't wait for CSI Las Vegas on Thursday. My DD and I have been waiting for it to get here.

Congrats to all the losers. What a wonderful feeling huh?

Kim - All I can say is "WOW". You look amazing in that dress.

Nicole - Nice to be in 14 again, isn't it?

Amy - Hope the cold isn't going to be to bad. I know when I get them, I get hit hard.

Well, guess I best get to work. Stay POP everyone.

Liz
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:17 PM   #57  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh, Liz, we love Heroes! I also really like the premier of Journey Man, that looks like one to watch. Does anyone know where Medium went?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:28 PM   #58  

My DD has had the season premier of Greys Anatomy on her calendar for weeks!!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 12:37 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Amy- no puggy was not really attacked by the ticks. he is so little that I was carrying him through the woods, because there were sticker bushes about knee high and were getting him, so I was carrying him to the other side. But when I got home and got in the tub, I looked away for a sec. and he jumped in my tub with me. grrrrr. He loves water! I swear he thinks he is a Lab!

Nicole. haven't gotten my food yet.it gets here sometime after Friday. I am hoping it gets here by friday otherwise I won't be starting til Oct. 8. we leave on Oct 4 for my sister-in-laws wedding in Licoln, NE. so if I can't get almost a week under my belt before I go, I dont' want to haul my food and have to eat it in front of everyone.

thanks all, for the support in the Nutrisystem thing, I have read all the mixed reviews myself. I researched it alot before I did it. what I found was, like any diet I think, those who spoke negatively were those who did follow it right and didn't lose. so they are looking for excuses. the other thing I noticed was, those who complained about the taste of the food seem to really be wanting to eat thier old unhealthy food. like, they complained about the soy chips that are one of the snacks, they have soy chips, that are flavored like potato chips. well, I like soy, I eat mostly vegetarian, most of my food is already soy. so that didn't bother me. along those lines, they have veggie meat in several of thier dishes. Like veggie meat sloppy joes, lasagne, and eggs with veggie sausage, all made from soy. these are things I already love to eat, but to someone who really prefers to eat and fast food places and is used to high fat and calorie meals, and are not willing to give that up..... then to them the food doesn't taste good.

I am excited. I know this is going to work. I have done Jenny Craig twice and lost it all. (once after baby #2 and once after baby #4) I really appreciate all of your encouragement even though I am walking away from LAWL.

On a different note. we just made "lemonaid" My DH, at a moment of weekness, bought a 2 night stay for $100 for Hilton Honors in Las Vegas. which means we would also need to sit through the 2 hour timeshare speal. it was just for the two of us and airfare was looking really high. it was going to cost $$ we didn't have and take us away from the kids, and I am not to hip on Las Vegas anyway. last time we were there we just fought the whole time. we don't gamble...... so..... we called today and of course it is non-refundable. so I said well, can we go anywhere else? and she said you could go to Orlando for the same price, but it is 3 nights instead of 2...... and if you do it in the next 6 months I will give you and extra night,, so 4 nights/5 days... in orlando for $100 that we already paid....... hmmmmmm NO BRAINER!! so we are booked to go Dec 23- Dec 27!!!! yippie! and our best friends are checking they might come with us. we all went together last year in Dec. to Fort Meyers Beach, FL. so I hope they will come. so this will be instead of christmas presents to the kids. we will do Disney and probably run to the coast. so yea!! now I need to get some of this weight off before then. I am hoping to be down about 30! we will see.

ok this got way too long. catch you all later.

Hey Nicole.... what date do you leave, again? I bet you are getting excited! I wish you could send us a postcard!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:36 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Lettie, How exciting to go to Orlando for so little cost. I like Las Vegas, as I enjoy watching the shows, and sometimes you just have to get out of the rain in Oregon, and it is generally one of the cheapest trips you can take from Portland that you are likely to see the sun. Of course if you are really concerned with saving money, Las Vegas can be so stressful, as everything there seems designed to just separate you from your money. It used to be more fun than it is now. I'm excited for you and nutrisystems. The biggest thing is that you are not just giving up, that you are trying something else.

I was reading something that said consistency is the magic pill, so just consistently working at it is the biggest thing.

Liz, Next time I'm doing a FF instead of a TO. I seem to remember that it was not that bad
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote