Old 08-17-2007, 12:14 PM   #181  
FBD/8-18-08

Good afternoon everyone!

Nicole - I got your warning too late also and I was up a pound too!

Nicole and LeaAnn - My schedule wears me out too!

Carmen - I'm so proud of you (and me!). We're back on track! Way to go girlfriend!

Joni - I'm sending up prayers for wisdom, strength, and peace!

Well, gotta go do lunch for dh and send him off to work. I'm off today but of course I've got errands to run and shopping to do.

Hugs,
Blessings,

P.S. - Where's Cassi?!?
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:01 PM   #182  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Well, I have put an offer in on a minihome and now we are just waiting for the countering to start. The owner is apparently in the military and it may take the whole weekend to finalize things (if we can come to an agreement) as it will depend on where he is (in canada or abroad).

But if anyone wants to check it out it is mls #05719109 at mls.ca. Remember it is just a minihome, not a house but its all I need!!!

I really must go get some lunch now...be back later.
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:10 PM   #183  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmom View Post
I just noticed that my number of posts is at 999, so I'm posting to say Hi! so that my posts will now be at 1,000!!! which is nothing on you, Katie - 3,562 posts...you're quite the jabberer
Why thanks very much! I am shooting to hit 10,000 mark, then I get an award for queen jabberbox!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:18 PM   #184  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Katie

Alannah.....the house is adorable!!! I hope it all works out for you. It has great room sizes

Lea Ann..............what exciting news. I can't wait to hear what they have to say!

Ok, have to run...................
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:04 PM   #185  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Alannah- Great house, I love the kitchen. Will you be able to have dogs there?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #186  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hi. work was super crazy ridiculous busy. but that's a friday for ya. and i thought i had a short 6hr shift tomorrow, but it's not turned into a 10hr shift. ugh. so not looking forward to that. 5am-3pm. ick. so much for lounging my saturday away.

anyways, gonna go and get my workout done. be back later.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #187  
Alannah

Yes I can have chancey with me. I'll have her half time. I'll pick her up after work on thursdays and he can come and get her on sunday night. He also has a minihome but his is 20+ years old and he is in a different community than I will be but they are close. Only about 5 minutes apart. But like night and day as far as the houses are concerned.

They have countered and I countered back. They came back a little lower than I thought so I will actually likely get it for less than I thought I would. Their first counter is where I thought we would end up. So that's good. I hopefully will hear something soon. Then pending inspection we can move forward. I have to have everything done and in place by noon on Aug 28. So that's the deadline.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #188  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Liza and Amy – I’m a Chippie too. Most other things are not too hard to resist, but crunchy salty things are like crack for me.

Pearl – Way to go on making good choices! I’m not sure I could have done the same in your position, so I’m really impressed!

Lea Ann – I’m probably far behind, but good luck in making the right choice for the school year.

Alannah – That place looks very nice! It’s bright, and looks like plenty of room for you and Chauncy. The negotiations seem to be leaning in your favour.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:20 PM   #189  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Nicole - I think my sclae sensed it's life was in danger... it cooperated with me for the first time in weeks. I'll show mercy to it.. for now.

Amy - I think today is a little better. My clothes didn't stick to me as I dressed after a shower. That was just yucky yesterday.

Angie - I'm a chippie? I like it! (obviously) Oh, I got the bluetooth headset to go with the new phone a few minutes ago. I'm driving Mini Me crazy testing out the voice command to call her.

Tina - love that the odometer on your posts flipped 1000. Are you supposed to get an oil change now? Maybe a keyboard tune up?

Pearl - I hope you get SOME lazy time today!

Dan - Good luck with the food and fires. No fun to be left with so little choices.

Alannah - congrats so far on the house! I have my fingers crossed it will go smoothly for you!

Jill - I hope you get at least some R&R time this weekend.

TGIF! I still work at PBS tomorrow but no chopper duty so I have 1.5 days off this weekend! I think we're going to Seaworld tomorrow night for a bit. I'll save my starches for a frozen lemonade. We live right across the bay from Seaworld and have yearly passes that get debited from my checking account every month. It's been almost a year since we've gone. Hopefully in this next year I'll have myself sorted better financially so I'm not working 7 days a week and not doing all of these fun things except the once a year I take a vacation!

Have a POP afternoon!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:29 PM   #190  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey all, just swinging through to say hi...

We went to Bike Week in Sturgis last week and I didn't do TOO badly...was up like 6 pounds, but most of that was water/sodium. Am back down to just under where I was before we left, so hooray for that.

Work and life has been super-busy, so each day I have to recommit to eating well. I can do this...might just take 3x as long as it was supposed to, heh.

Hope you all are well!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:09 PM   #191  
Princess Heather

well...i went to WI today...should have stayed home. I'm up again....more pounds. They COD people say the same thing over and over...eat eat eat. I just can't believe that eating MORE is better than eating less on the regular red plan. I'm so frustrated. I was planning to go to the state fair tomorrow but I guess i'd better stay away from that.....because there's no way I can go through there and not have the best homemade ice cream in the world. So it's a homebound day for me! The DH and the kids can go! catch ya'll later!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:17 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hey Everybody!
Went to WI today. Down 2#. I am pretty proud of myself, considering that was an afternoon (after work) WI. I try to make one morning WI a week for an accurate weight.
Hope it stays off for the weekend! We are going to Buffalo. The COD asked me what my biggest challenge this weekend would be. I told her whenever I go to Buffalo, I have pizza & wings. She told me I could have pizza. I said no, I have pizza AND wings. Her goal for me is to maintain the weekend without gaining. I can have one slice of pizza, 6 chicken wings. She told me that if I HAVE to have the wings with pizza, then to count it as a protein (pizza carb craver) and protein & starch (for the wings). I will try to behave. Now that I KNOW I can have it without the lecture, I don't think I really want it anymore! LOL

Alannah - Enjoy your long weekend. BTW - your minihome is adorable. I hope you get it!!

Amy - glad you were able to pop in. Congrats on resisting the ice cream!

Cathy - Congrats on your loss! Ounce by ounce it will come off.

Lea Ann - I am with you on being a lifelong student! I told DH I want to go back for my RN (which was my original goal), and he's only thinking about the current money, how we would have to live off one paycheck I'm trying to get him to realize that it will be worth it in the long run! I will work on it a bit. The classes for the community college don't start til 2008, so I have a couple months before I HAVE to submit my application!

Dan - are you able to get your food elsewhere or do you have to rely on whatever they provide for you?

Liz - How are you holding up with Dan gone?

Megan - for Bike week in Sturgis -- was that by chance in Sturges Pennsylvania??

Katie, Tina, Carmen, Nicole, Jillian, Angie, Heather CP, Pearl & Everybody else I may have missed ----
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:16 PM   #193  
Alannah

Pending inspection the minihome is mine. Just waiting now for the sellers to fax paperwork back so I can sign. They came down to my secon counter-offer.

So hopefully there will be no problems.

I'll check in later!!!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 09:58 PM   #194  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Liza -- Have a great time at Seaworld tomorrow. Do they have lots of rides? I think you get to have an extra starch when you're walking around a theme park sweating all day. It's my own made up rule, but it seems fair.

Hi Megan!

Heather -- I bet a day at home alone will be more fun than the fair.

Sherry -- Are you on the new plan yet? If so, with all the starches and proteins, you'll be fine to have your pizza and wings. I know you'll convince your DH about how smart your plan is long term. How exciting to go back to school!

Hey, does anyone know if pizza is still a carb craver (or whatever they're called now) on the new plan?

Alannah -- Congratulations! When is your closing date?
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:09 PM   #195  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Hey, guys. I've been MIA for a couple of weeks due to moving and then school starting. We are overstacked in all the 2nd grade classes. One of my co-workers has 28, three of us have 27, and the poor girl out in the teeny portable building has 16! Our school is overflowing - the price you pay for great results. Our school performance scores every year are fantastic, so people move (or say they move) into our zone just to get their kids in our school. Unfortunately for many of them, we are not a magic bullet. Most of our success comes from students who spend several years at our school and have a good foundation with us. We're a Basic School, so our whole school is geared around the virtues of compassion, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, honesty, giving, and perseverance. It really does make a difference.

We're gotten off to a great start so far. I have a few kids who are really low - I'm not sure how they passed first grade - and I'm really going to have to work with them. I have one little girl whose teacher told me that last year, she kept flipping off the teacher and telling her to go to h$ll. This was a first grader!!! The second day of school, she walked up to my desk before we started and said, "I need to use your cell phone right now." I asked why and she said, "Because my mom's off work today and it's not fair. She needs to come and pick me up right now!" I said calmly, "You are a child and you need to learn your place. Your place right now is here and you need to go sit down and do your work - NOW!" I have had a few other problems with her, but I'm going to win!! The problem is that her mom would have come and gotten her if I had let her call! She is spoiled rotten and totally rules their household.

Anyway, I go to WI tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it goes. I've missed you guys!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote