Old 08-15-2007, 01:37 PM   #106  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

On the discussion of buying new clothes. I've been buying the bulk of my shirts at the Salvation Army. Every other Friday here, they have a 1/2 off everything day and I have gotten several brand new shirts with tags still on them for $1.47. That way I don't feel guilty for spending money on shirts I will shrink out of and then I just donate them back when they get too big.

Liza- Bummer on the broken faucet, but luckily it wasn't any worse than it was. You look cute in the picture. At least your mouth was shut when they snapped the pic.

aguerinAmy- LOVE the new pic!! Yes, food hangovers are possible. Been there, done that.

Cathy- WTG on the 8 lbs. That is so awesome.

Kim2- I just forced DH to go to the Dr. and get a checkup and his BP was elevated and the cholesterol was kind of high too. It's higher than mine ever was at my heaviest. With a little coaxing, he has given me control over what goes in his mouth. Good thing for him is that now I fix ALL his food for him so he doesn't have to think about it, he just eats.

Karen- The baby quilt is just beautiful!

Dan- Take care at the fire site. Hopefully they will have healthy foods for you.

Liz- Enjoy some you time with Dan gone. He'll be home before you know it. My DH does a lot of traveling M-F and when he's home all week it seems kind of weird with him there. I really hate it when he is home for a few weeks straight and then goes out for a week, I miss him really bad.

Pearl- Great job on the 2 lbs. You are on your way again!!

Jillian- Enjoy your 2 days off. Are things getting any better for you?

Amylou- I sure you'll get into a routine with everything going on and you will do just fine.

We're leaving for Colorado friday evening. I am so ready to get out of this smoke. They don't have any fires there and they are getting plenty of rain. I guess one good thing about the smoke is that we have beautiful orange and pink sunrises and sunsets. I can see the Rocky Mountains out my back door, but haven't seen them for weeks now with all the smoke.

Angie and others that asked, I will post about the yeast stuff tonight or tomorrow, don't have time right now.

Have a great day everybody!!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:40 PM   #107  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Yay Jillian, you are over halfway there girl!! You can do it!! What day is your anny? Ours is the 29th of Sept. It will be 17 wonderful years.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:44 PM   #108  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOfThreeTeens View Post
WOW Jillian! I really hadnt paid attention to your ticker, you're rockin it girl!!! Keep up the good work! The honeymoon sounds wonderful!!! I love the beach.
thanks kim, i'm trying! still a bit slow going, but i'm keeping at it. i bought more weeks at COD a few weeks ago. 19 more to be exact and lowered my goal a bit too.
i never did the honeymoon thing with my first DH, so this honeymoon thing is new to me! here's the website to where we're going: www.dunesvillage.com i'm super excited!

btw, you're looking pretty dang snazzy yourself girlie!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:45 PM   #109  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Jillian - wow..you are almost at the 40 lbs mark...slow and steady you go...but you will surely win this race. Nice incentive, too, from DH.

Hi Debster..enjoy your trip to Colorado. Right now I'd like to be in Alaska (assuming it's a little cooler there!).

Nicole - are all the kids in school or are the boys still at home???

Just a quick check in then I'm off to do some "stress" cleaning. Had a good at home weigh in this morning, but it's because I ate very little yesterday. Charlie dog had a scheduled chemo treatment, and, unfortunately, they found some more bad stuff in a swollen lymph node. So, he's out of remission and I have a knot in my tummy that just fills me up. So far today I have done the best to take care of myself (made myself drink a protein drink/SlimFast Optima); got on my treadmill for 30 minutes, made an appointment to go talk to a therapist who can help me deal with my OCD behavior and pet concerns and possibly provide some life coaching?? I even scheduled an appt with holistic vet. I'm the kind of person that has to know Ive done everything I could do to help the situation, so I'm hoping meeting with the holistic vet will provide some insight.

Have a good day everyone...........
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:46 PM   #110  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTdebster921 View Post
Yay Jillian, you are over halfway there girl!! You can do it!! What day is your anny? Ours is the 29th of Sept. It will be 17 wonderful years.
deb--our is the 29th of sept too! wow. we got married last year on a whim, and eloped. it was great. i eloped with my first marriage too! never wanted to do the whole big wedding thing.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:51 PM   #111  
WonderWoman

joni--sorry to hear about charlie. my thoughts are with you. therapists are great too. which reminds me...i really should get back into that. it used to do wonders for me.

deb--things are getting a bit better for me. i had to start taking some meds again and like i said to joni, i really should get back into the therapy thing. i just hate trying to find someone i'm comfortable with. i left all my beloved drs back in South Dakota and haven't attempted to find any since. it's been over a year, so i guess i should bite the bullet and do something about that. i just keep telling myself that i'll do it when we move back. but who knows when that will be.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:57 PM   #112  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Jillian--congrats on your losses--and your trip, too--it sounds great. We went to MB last summer and loved it--you deserve it!

Joni--I hope you find what you need for comfort and know how sorry we all are to hear about Charlie's relapse. We lost our 14 year old cocker to cancer of the lymph nodes so I understand your sadness. Take comfort in knowing you are doing all you can.

Deb--so good to see you again.

still doing a lot of nothing today---yeah! Housefull of kids about to get in the pool but they are all easy kids--pretty self-sufficient.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:09 PM   #113  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Joni- Oh, so sorry to hear about Charlie. I will be thinking about both of you!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:28 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Joni, sorry to hear about Charlie. We'll all say a few prayers and keep our fingers crossed for you.
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #115  

DH just sent me a picture he took of me with our Harley. I put it in my profile, ignore the helmet hair! LOL
Old 08-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #116  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone...your thoughts mean the world to me.

Kim - regarding that picture....OMG!! If wearing a helmet would make my hair look that good, I think I'm going to try it.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:08 PM   #117  

LOL Joni, you are too nice! I hate what the helmet does to my hair, especially when its 95 outside, just plasters it to my head, ugh!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:13 PM   #118  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Joni...........you are such a good mommy I am so glad you are trying to take care of yourself through all of this. Charlie wouldn't want it any other way!!!! Oh, and you won't have to mail me my prize.........despite my effots, I had a small gain of 1.8 lbs. I was OP, so I have no clue what that is about......oh, wait, it may have something to do with the McDonald's cesar salad I had on the road last night at 11:00 p.m. LOL. We traveled really late (got home at 3:00 a.m). Anyway.........I have not let it get me down.......I am still going strong.

Big hellos to everyone......just have to time to check in.........I am in the middle of making concord grape jelly with grapes from Scott's grandma's house in Wisconsin YUM!!!!

I'll try to check in later.
XOXO
P.S......love your picture Kim...........Yowza!!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #119  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Just wanted to post some extra for Joni and for Charlie Dog!!
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #120  

Height: 5'2"

Jillian – You are really on a roll. Congratulations. We are also going to an ocean front condo in Myrtle Beach, but not until mid October. I have a timeshare week that was expiring and this was the best use of the week. I am looking forward to the trip since I have not been to Myrtle Beach before.

Pearl – Here are the links to the dress
www.infinitedress.com
http://rowena.typepad.com/rostitcher...am_conver.html
Yesterday, I dropped off some of my clothes that were too big at Savers, which is an Easter Seal store and I decided to look around to see if I could find some shorts or whatever. I got several pairs of slacks and some tops, but then I found two wool coats that were like brand new. I also found and bought an all weather coat for running around. I was thinking that I would need a new winter coat, but never dreamed I would find one now. One of the coats is a Forecaster and it probably retailed for over $200. I paid $6.99 each for the coats and on my way home I dropped them off to be dry cleaned. I spent a total of $48 and I bought nine items.

Heather – your husband sounds wonderful and we have to salute all firefighters for the job they do for us all of the time.

Kim2 – The motorcycle picture is great. I really can’t notice what you call the helmet hair.

Deb – Sorry about the smoke and fires in your area. Hope you have a great weekend in Colorado.

Joni – Sorry to hear the news about Charlie. My thoughts are with you.

Liz – You will have to keep us posted on how you and the kidos are doing without Mr. No Salt. I hope he gets to communicate with us a little while he is gone.

Nicole – Welcome back. Hope you had a great time in Kenosha and could cool off in Lake Michigan.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote