Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 09:54 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 209/178/145

Height: 5'10"

Hi everybody, I'd like to join this thread as I've been on the Alli diet plan and pill for three weeks now. I have only lost about 5 lbs. and 1 inch off my waist and 1 inch off my hips, which believe me doesn't seem like alot but it's a biggie for me since I couldn't get that area of my body to budge.

As far as the Alli site, the support forum are very slow, but the reward program is very nice. You get a reward each week for staying with the program. I won't tell you the rewards, but they are pretty cool, especially week 3
Old 07-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #107  

I started alli on Thursday. I have had no TE. I also have been constipated since starting it. I stated on Monday eating low fat meals. I've been below the calorie limit and fat limit for me. (not too far below though) Advice??
Old 07-21-2007, 10:31 AM   #108  

Ravisa, Congrats on your weight loss. Could you tell us what you're diet basically consisted of??? Were you following the Alli diet plan or your own???

I feel terrible, I think I was using the pill as a way of cheating NO CHEATING this week for me...
Old 07-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 200/188/150

Good morning, all.

I've also been using alli for 3 weeks. I've lost 4 pounds. But I'd been dieting very seriously for about 3 months before that, so there were no big water weight stories to tell. I can't help chuckle about the people who write "I lost 11 pounds yesterday!". So slow and steady DOES win the race, and I feel great.

FYI, I've also not had ANY TE's. Gas one night, that's it. But I've been careful about what I eat. I also can't help chuckling when people say "I had a whopper last night and bad TE's". Well, duh.

At the end of the day, I don't know if alli is working for me - but what I do know is that I'm more aware of my fat intake than ever before...and that can only be good.

Have a great day.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:19 AM   #110  
Happy New Rears!

Hi Alli-cats & Alli-gators

Happy Saturday to everyone, Welcome to santafe, Tammy & carrie

I'm glad today is not a weigh in day, I have not cheated or anything but I feel kind of bloated and constipated these past few days. Not sure what's going on but I hope it passes soon.

Tammy, how much lower are you eating? It really isn't worth taking a pill with a real low fat meal. (ie) if you eat a meal with 15 grams of fat, Alli can stop absorption of up to 5 grams, which is awesome. If you are eating a meal with 5 grams of fat, you are only going to lose a little more than one gram, so it's really a waste of a pill.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:37 AM   #111  

Default One pound down...

I am not usually the type who likes to keep a journal. But with all the temptations available, ice cream, pizza, summer time funness, I figured it might help me see if this alli diet plan is really working.

So far I really like the food choice menus on-line and in the alli recipe book. But with the cheating here and there I can't tell if it's really been working as well as it should.

I am so glad I found my way here.

Carrie
Old 07-21-2007, 11:44 AM   #112  

ThinGirl, my fat allowance is 19 per meal. I would say I'm eating about 8-14 for lunch and the same for supper. Breakfast is always lower, usually less than 5 and I haven't taken a pill. I'm allowed 1800 cal. per day, and I haven't met that yet, but I'm never below 1400. Do you think I should up the fat? I've been drinking more water than I normally do, so that has been a big change for me. I am walking everyday for at least 20 minutes.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #113  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbigene View Post
Good morning everyone! Another pound lost this week. Slow and steady wins the race. As long as I lose every week I'm happy. Well, maybe not happy, but at least pleased . Hope everyone is having a good day. I plan to look thru some non-plus size catalogues and dream of what I will be wearing this time next year!
Congratulations!! A lb is a lb and that lb is OUTTA HERE!!
Old 07-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #114  

Just think a pound a week would be 52 pounds a year. One thing I like about this Alli diet is that you are really losing weight instead of just fluid. I can tell the difference. I truly believe the slower you lose it the harder it will be to put back on.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:30 PM   #115  
Til'

emmak, I think that way, too. A pound a week means over 50 lbs down by this time next year - excellent!

In these first couple of weeks starting out, my main goal is to stay under the 15-20 grams of fat a meal and to get moving. I'm not counting calories yet, and I'm not overly consumed with getting my fruits, veggies, etc., in. First things, first. So mainly I avoid butter, mayo, oils, fried foods, and other obvious no-nos. I also try to eat whole grains when there is an option. I've had meals like turkey chili with a little bit of cheese, taco salad, stir fry with chicken and veggies, etc. I actually find that sometimes I have to make a point of adding fat to my meals!

For me, the fear of TE's keeps me rock solid. A co-worker offered me some caramel corn (with cashews) the other day, and I had no problem turning it down flat! As long as I've taken that pill, I've got to be good!

Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday!
Old 07-21-2007, 07:54 PM   #116  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
ThinGirl, my fat allowance is 19 per meal. I would say I'm eating about 8-14 for lunch and the same for supper. Breakfast is always lower, usually less than 5 and I haven't taken a pill. I'm allowed 1800 cal. per day, and I haven't met that yet, but I'm never below 1400. Do you think I should up the fat? I've been drinking more water than I normally do, so that has been a big change for me. I am walking everyday for at least 20 minutes.
Hi again, no I don't think you should up the fat, it sounds like you are eating very well Maybe increase your walking a little bit, I started exercising 15 minutes every second day and now I am up to an hour a day. I takes a while to build up, but the more you move the more your body will function better and help lose the weight. Good luck!
Old 07-21-2007, 09:06 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmak View Post
Just think a pound a week would be 52 pounds a year. One thing I like about this Alli diet is that you are really losing weight instead of just fluid. I can tell the difference. I truly believe the slower you lose it the harder it will be to put back on.
I SOOOO wish I could remember this when I get frustrated because I don't lose what "I" think that I should. If I had I would have reached goal a looonnnnggg time ago!!
Old 07-21-2007, 09:08 PM   #118  

Thanks!! Since I posted earlier, I have been to the restroom three different times today. Not TE moments, but I am no longer constipated. lol I do feel much better (physically and mentally). I have no idea if I'll have a loss when I weigh on Thursday, but I feel like I am off to a good start with the calories and the fat. I know I'll need to up the exercise some. I have arthritis in my spine, and I also have fibromyalgia. There are some days that I won't get any exercise at all because of that. I did walk for 1 hour 15 minutes today for Relay for Life (American Cancer Society). I took a couple 2 or 3 minute breaks and sat on a bench, but otherwise I kept going. A pain patch and pain meds helped me get through that.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:09 PM   #119  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Had my first TE tonight. Not too bad, but not something I would want to happen again...
Old 07-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #120  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
Thanks!! Since I posted earlier, I have been to the restroom three different times today. Not TE moments, but I am no longer constipated. lol I do feel much better (physically and mentally). I have no idea if I'll have a loss when I weigh on Thursday, but I feel like I am off to a good start with the calories and the fat. I know I'll need to up the exercise some. I have arthritis in my spine, and I also have fibromyalgia. There are some days that I won't get any exercise at all because of that. I did walk for 1 hour 15 minutes today for Relay for Life (American Cancer Society). I took a couple 2 or 3 minute breaks and sat on a bench, but otherwise I kept going. A pain patch and pain meds helped me get through that.
I have arthritis too, in the general back area. When it acts up, I do some light yoga. Would that be a possibility for you? It's not overly physical, but on days when I can't do anything else, as least I was active.
Closed Thread