Old 07-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/162.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Explain Maintence To Me???

Can someone explain maintence to me, I am almost to goal and would like to know whats all involved in the stablization/maintence phase if there is anyone on here thats there right now.
I have my goal set for 150 and I am 164 right now, I was thinking of moving it to 160... I am right now at a size 10 for pants and I am loving every minute of it... I just would like more info on the satablization and maintence phase of the program..

Thanks
Stacie
angelbretsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Stacie, my original goal was 148, but I decided I was good at 160 and started stabilization. What they do is they slowly add some food back to your current plan. The first week is unlimited veggies. The next week you get an additional dairy, the 3rd week I believe is an extra fruit and then an extra fat (and if you are on a plan with only 2 proteins an additional half protein) then they add a starch and finally another fat. So over 6 weeks you are slowly adding quite a lot of food back into your plan. If you go over 3 pounds above the goal weight that you had picked, then they might wait a week before giving you the additional exchanges. For maintenance you keep the same exchanges as at the end of stabilization, but they give you a book with the exchanges for just about anything under the sun to eat. Of course you still don't have unlimited exchanges to eat anything you want, but you can fit in all sorts of things in.

In maintenance the food diary is optional and you are only expected to come into the center once a week. Of course some counselors love, love, love looking at people's food diaries and encourage you to keep one still, but I haven't written down a thing I ate since I started maintenance. LOL. I had done that for like 10 months and needed a break!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:25 PM   #3  

Thanks for the info I was really wondering, I put 150 for a goal but I am thinking I may change it to 160 as I am happy where I am at right now and totally loving the new me, I have not been a size 10 in a very long, long time.. and I would like to start my stablization and maintence before my weeks run out, I did not meet goal on the date that they said i would so right now I am running into satblization weeks and my maintence weeks.
was wondering how it all worked...
Old 07-23-2007, 08:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Stacie!! Just wanted to say hello. Our stats are almost identical, same height, same starting weight, original goal was 160, got to a size 10 and decided enough was enough. I am SO happy where I am I decided a few more pounds werent going to make a difference. I started stabilization last week. Just wanted to tell you great job and good luck if you decide starting stabilization is the thing to do!!!

Kim
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:18 PM   #5  

thanks I see that our starting weight is exactly the same, So you know are down to 150? I will probably keep going until I get there but like you I am so happy to be where I am at right now..
So how is stablization going?